March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: March chat

If I could have anything, let's see, it would be - - - a chocolate with a soft raspberry filling. - OR a big piece of chocolate cream pie - or even a hot fudge sundae.  Did I tell you I threw out the rest of the container of ice cream that I bought for Lilly because I couldn't stay out of it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You are stronger than me tt, because I would have ate it all.  I always have ice cream in my house.  Really shouldn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, there wasn't a whole left when I washed it down the drain.  I had gone through that just since Monday.  Cannot have ice cream in the house.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Pingo- I believe you are right- it may have been pigs head she said.
    TT--Cheerios little legs look so dainty.

I have been wanting a hot fudge sundae for ages--haven't had one for years.
    BRIGHAMS--vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, marshmallow and nuts--no cherry.
    OMG--I would kill(not really) for one right now.
    I remember going to Baileys in town with my mother, and then years later, taking our kids there when they were little.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Tulips i worked at the Baileys on Tremont Street for a while when I was a teenager : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Yes- that's the one--was there only one?
    But yes, it was on Tremont St, the one we went to.
    Those little marble tables, and hot fudge spilling out of the silver dishes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I believe that was the only one.  I didn't like working there though.  Just brought back memories of Tremont Street.  I believe there use to be a Pewter Pot there too? Do you remember that place?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually, Tulips, those are just her feet!  Long feet for such a dainty girl.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy Friday everybody.  Not sure what I missed today, but if the last post is any indication I didn't miss much.

I've been so busy at work, I've barely looked at CC this week.  Finally filled two positions out of three.  Hired an admin on Monday and an accounting asst. today.  My boss called me today and said "Well, this should make your life easier."  I thought, not really, because now I have to train them and we still have one position not filled.  Also have two new accounts and need to get them entered in our system. So, the next few weeks will be busy. 

DIL called me this morning and told me GS was accepted for the fall term.  It will be nice having him around.  I'm trying to plan another summer get-together with the whole family.  Hard to pin my son down at the moment, so I'm not sure what will happen this year.  We're going to skype this weekend.

Not too bad this morning on the way in.  The worst part for me is walking to the T.  I could wait for the bus, but it's so unpredictable these days.  amber, have you heard about an iphone app called 'Catch the Bus?' It keeps track of the bus's location and tells you how long before it gets to your stop.  DD put it on my iphone and it's pretty good. 

tt, my female snores - always has.  Last night I couldn't find her and she had crawled under the covers, too. 

princess, happy belated birthday.  The earrings are beautiful!

mothermitzi

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

I do remember the Pewter Pot chain , but can't say I remember that one on Tremont--there was one at SSP that I would go to when shopping.

I remember Dini's on Tremont St--I remember going there with the Drs. I used to work for, way back late 70's.....That was a pretty famous "old" Boston place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks so much for that great app mm.  I am going to see if I can get it on my phone.  Will be very helpful! I can walk to the station too and I do on good days, but it is a 30 minute walk, so would have to leave earlier. And it is hard to get out of bed in the winter for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

tulips and amber -

Bailey's had the best hot fudge sundaes, although Brighams was good, too.  Loved Brigham's butterscotch. When the kids were small and I took them to Jordan's we always went to Bailey's.  You could walk in from either Winter St., Temple Place or Tremont St. I think they made candy, too. They were a chain.  There was one in Harvard Sq. They must have been around forever because my grandmother used to take me when I was a kid. Old as dirt I am!  LOL!  

Pewter Pot had great muffins.

mothermitzi

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

It used to be  such an "occasion" to go in town--get all dressed up to go shopping, or to Enchanted Village, or Swan boats...and take the train!

I guess that is all before you get old enough to work there, and taking the train everyday was NOT fun anymore ! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOL Tulips!  That was such a treat for me too to take the train to Downtown Boston.  I was excited when I got my first job in Boston.  That wore off quickly!  Sad how much it has changed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Imagine getting all dressed up to go downtown now?  LOL!  That's the way it was though.  I could never understand why my mother didn't want to take the train.  We thought it was swell.  I understand now!

I remember the Tremont Tea Room. When I was in hs, I worked Saturdays at Jordan's. A woman I worked with always went to have her fortune told.  One day the fortune teller told her she was going to win the lottery.  I assumed they told everybody that.  However, this woman bought a couple of tickets (early days of mega-bucks) and won over a million. She continued to work at Jordan's!  That was a fortune in those days.

mothermitzi 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I remember the Tremont Tea Room.  Never went there. My mother use to say it was a waste of money.  Maybe she should have and bought a lottery ticket! I miss Jordan's and Filene's.  I remember the first time I took my DD into Boston.  She loved it, especially the decorated store fronts at Christmas. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

amber, my mother told us the same thing about the tea room!  The Christmas decorations were wonderful.  Now, it's just sad around there.

mothermitzi

P.S.  Now that I think of it, she won the Irish sweepstakes.  You're probably too young to remember that.  In my day, if you were Irish and grew up around Boston, you knew somebody who sold those tickets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

I don't remember the Tea Room. I have never had my tea leaves done, or fortune told. Once, my SIL went, and they asked her who "XXX" was, and said she would be very happy in her new house.   It was ME! And I do not have a common name, so it was pretty amazing she said my actual name. I thought that was impressive.
    But I was always afraid to go -if they ever told me anything bad, I would be terrified it would come true.

I did love working in town--loved being able to shop, or go to great restaurants, etc....no more. Now I work in the suburbs--4.5 miles from my driveway to the garage at work!  Two lights, and a couple of stop signs !
    Christmas WAS magical in town--I suppose it still is if you are little- but I don't even know what is left downtown anymore !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love that stuff tulip.  I would kill to have a reading with John Edwards.  I liked working in downtown when I was younger and newly working.  It was good for a while, but it has changed a lot.  DD is in Back Bay which is much nicer.  Love when I meet her there for dinner. I am going to sign off now.  Chat with all of you on Monday and I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I fondly remember the Bailey's in Harvard Square.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Leaving so soon Amber?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am leaving early today Winter.  Sorry, I know how long that last hour is!  I hope your DH has a wonderful birthday!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Long day here at work--Everyone is saying it, and wondering who have fridges in their offices with beer,,,,,
    everyone is on line today , it seems--very slow day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Great that you are leaving early. Have a great night. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Tulip, you mentioned Dini's - do I ever remember Dini's. That was the first place DH took me to dinner. It was after work and close by both our workplaces. I had scallops. And yes there was a Pewter pot as well. DH took me for breakfast a couple of times there, while we were dating. I miss Filine's too - especially the basement. Never another "outlet" like that one. And Jordan's had the best muffins.
    Does anyone remember Brighams at Harvard Square? 25 cents for a double scoop. And the old kiosk - or news stand as it is now called? I know, I am dating myself, but I really don't care. Lots of good memories. Now I don't recognize downtown Boston or Cambridge for that mater any more. - Pingo