Matriarch's boycott of BDC message board remains ongoing...Resolution nowhere in sight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Matriarch's boycott of BDC message board remains ongoing...Resolution nowhere in sight

Beloved online matriarch, toytrumpet, whose elegant style and uncommon good sense have graced the Confidential Chat forum for years is now entering the third full day of her personal boycott of the BDC message board

Fed up with freakish log-on problems, disappearing messages, and an unresponsive mod staff, trumpet abruptly declared on Tuesday that she has "had it", leaving the board in anger and vowing never to return

While her swift and sudden exit shocked and saddened all her friends, her departure was not without precedent

This is not the first time tt has left the BDC out of frustration

Back in 2008, just after the board underwent an unfortunate format makeover that pleased no one, trumpet jumped ship, announcing that she was leaving the CC and moving on to her new home at the Womans Day forum, encouraging others here to follow her lead

Though well intentioned, this dalliance with the WD proved to be less than serious however and quite shortlived

It lasted all of one day actually

By the next morning, trumpet had already returned to the CC board, posting messages to her long time pals (mitzi, pingo-cchio et al) almost as if she had never left

This time around though, her latest boycott (which has been dubbed "tt's revolt") appears on the surface at least to be more substantive in nature and the issues involved more intractable

Thus when or even if this thing ever gets resolved is open to speculation

For more information on "tt's revolt" and any late breaking developments, please watch this space, okay?

I will keep you updated

Thank you...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: Matriarch's boycott of BDC message remains ongoing...Resolution nowhere in sight

Sharp as an arrow and swift as a bolt
    Hell hath no fury like tt's revolt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Re: Matriarch's boycott of BDC message remains ongoing...Resolution nowhere in sight

Thank you so much for the honorable mention. It warms my "ob" heart to know you think of me now and then.

mothermitzi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, I mentioned you, but I dont know how honorable it was of me...

Nice to see ya again though, mo

btw, in  my role as a journalist, I may ask to interview you, inre, "tt's revolt"

Would that be okay with you??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

No.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: Matriarch's boycott of BDC message remains ongoing...Resolution nowhere in sight:
    [QUOTE]No.
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

Okay. Fine. Be that way

I'll just make up quotes as I go along then, and attribute them to whoever I see fit

That isnt how they taught me to do it in journalism school, but this is the internet after all

Anything goes...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

tt's revolt
    DAY FOUR

Nothing new to report
    No trumpet sightings to speak of today
    Everything seems to be at a standstill

More updates when they become available!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

tt's revolt
    DAY FIVE

Again no new information to share with you, but I do have a poem you might enjoy:

Violets are blue
    Roses are red
    tt's revolt
    Full speed ahead
    G-o-o-o, trumpet!

More updates when they become available...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

tt's revolt
    DAY SIX

Below, my exclusive interview with Cheerio the Cat that youve all been waiting for.

In it we discuss trumpet's triumphant return to the board today and her state of mind as her boycott approaches one full week...

Ache: First of all thank you for agreeing to the interview, Cheerio
    Cheerio: Youre welcome, mate. My pleasure
    Ache: And for taking time out of your busy day
    Cheerio: Busy day? Dude, I'm a house cat. I nap all afternoon
    Ache: Okay, well, you know trumpet better than anyone. Describe her mood for me please
    Cheerio: Umm, frustrated...angry. That sort of thing
    Ache: Angry, huh? At whom? Me? bostondottie?
    Cheerio: No, at the situation itself. Damn thing should be resolved by now
    Ache: Yeah. I'm surprised it's taken so long. The mods are generally more aggressive attending to the needs of the gals here
    Cheerio: Usually, yeah. But this thing has been going on far too long IMO...The thing's broke. It needs fixin'. About time somebody fixes it already. Know what I mean?
    Ache: Will trumpet ever return?
    Cheerio: Oh, aint you heard yet? She posted two messages today in the March thread
    Ache: Yeah, I know. Two pieces of her, um, poetry
    Cheerio: Okay, dont you start that #### now
    Ache: Huh?
    Cheerio: You know what I mean. And dont you dare give me any of that "I never criticized her poetry" malarkey like you always do
    Ache: No, of course not. I apologize. Please answer the question though: When will she return permanently?
    Cheerio: Oh, no idea. Soon I hope
    Ache: Just not the same around here with out her
    Cheerio: Ive noticed. Kar and pingo try their best (*ugh*), but without tt this place is drab
    Ache: What is trumpet doing these days to keep busy?
    Cheerio: Watching a lot of Maury mostly...and a lot of Jerry. And Judge Mathis and Wendy Williams and Tyra...
    Ache: OMG
    Cheerio: Yeah, no kidding:(
    Ache: That is terrible. What a waste
    Cheerio: I know I know:(
    Ache: Please tell me youre joking
    Cheerio: 'fraid not:(
    Ache: Cant you do something about it?
    Cheerio: Like what? Short of hiding the remote from her (which is a bit of a trick for a little bloke like me), there really aint much I can do now, is there?
    Ache: I suppose not. I keep forgetting youre a cat
    Cheerio: Meow
    Ache: Poor tt. She must really miss this place bad, huh?
    Cheerio: No question, mate
    Ache: Anything I can do?
    Cheerio: Just keep updating the people like youve been already and keep pressuring dottie to do the right thing. Youre doing a splendid job
    Ache: Thank you, Cheerio
    Cheerio: Youre welcome
    Ache: And thank you for the interview. Very informative
    Cheerio: Glad to be of service, mate. Enjoyed it
    Ache: Got anything planned for the rest of your day, Cheerio?
    Cheerio: Nothin' really. Gonna go lie down on the sofa in the front room while the sun is still out and take a good long nap for myself. Man, these interviews wear me out
    Ache: Yeah, I'm sure. Sorry about that
    Cheerio: No problem. It aint like I need an excuse to take a nap or anything anyway. It's what I was born to do
    Ache: Well, have a good one and give my best to trumpet please
    Cheerio: Will do
    Ache: Good bye, Cheerio, and best of luck
    Cheerio: TTFN, mate...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

tt's revolt
    DAY SEVEN

Newsflash: Like she did yesterday, toytrumpet made a brief appearance on the board again today, posting a short message in the "forum issues" thread in response to dottie's rather unpersuasive assurance that tt's problems are being addressed.

(My advice to tt: Skepticism is your friend. Remain skeptical)

Q: Two straight days of trumpet sightings...does this mean that the "revolt" is over and thus a failure?
    A: No way, Jose. Unless and until tt's problems are resolved and she is back in the forum free from the log-in issues and disappearing messages that have plagued her for weeks, then tt's revolt remains ongoing, unabated, and unrelenting

G-o-o-o, trumpet!

PS trumpet, if youre reading this, would you tell Cheerio to quit texting me? He is demanding a fee for our little interview from yesterday. I offered to pay him off in Meow Mix, but he wont have it. Please do something. Thanks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Wow, you're engaging with tt's cat?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ache, your conversation with Cheerio was so funny! I do that at home, talk like I am my animals and what they are saying to each other or about us, it cracks my daughter up.  Robingirl, your picture actually scared me and made me throw up in my mouth a little...  Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Matriarch's boycott of BDC message remains ongoing...Resolution nowhere in sight

posted at 3/4/2011 2:00 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=31a5efffd0d3379e17ee0d7e50c22407&plckUserId=31a5efffd0d3379e17ee0d7e50c22407">
    First: 1/1/2010
    Last: 3/8/2011
    Beloved online matriarch, toytrumpet, whose elegant style and uncommon good sense have graced the Confidential Chat forum for years is now entering the third full day of her personal boycott of the BDC message board

Fed up with freakish log-on problems, disappearing messages, and an unresponsive mod staff, trumpet abruptly declared on Tuesday that she has "had it", leaving the board in anger and vowing never to return

While her swift and sudden exit shocked and saddened all her friends, her departure was not without precedent

This is not the first time tt has left the BDC out of frustration

Back in 2008, just after the board underwent an unfortunate format makeover that pleased no one, trumpet jumped ship, announcing that she was leaving the CC and moving on to her new home at the Womans Day forum, encouraging others here to follow her lead

Though well intentioned, this dalliance with the WD proved to be less than serious however and quite shortlived

It lasted all of one day actually

By the next morning, trumpet had already returned to the CC board, posting messages to her long time pals (mitzi, pingo-cchio et al) almost as if she had never left

This time around though, her latest boycott (which has been dubbed "tt's revolt") appears on the surface at least to be more substantive in nature and the issues involved more intractable

Thus when or even if this thing ever gets resolved is open to speculation

For more information on "tt's revolt" and any late breaking developments, please watch this space, okay?

I will keep you updated

Thank you...

Matriarch's boycott of BDC message remains ongoing...Resolution nowhere in sight

posted at 3/4/2011 2:00 PM EST
    Why are you fetishizing the cougs? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

tt's revolt
    DAY EIGHT

toytrumpet did not make an appearance on the board today. For the first time this week she was a no show...

Yesterday afternoon in the "forum issues" thread, dottie left her a message that I would describe as being overly technical and jargon-filled. If dottie's purpose in posting it was to give anyone who read it a headache, she succeeded. With me she did anyway. And with tt too, I imagine

Poor thing. No wonder she didnt turn up today, huh?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: Matriarch's boycott of BDC message remains ongoing...Resolution nowhere in sight:
    [QUOTE]Ache, your conversation with Cheerio was so funny! I do that at home, talk like I am my animals and what they are saying to each other or about us, it cracks my daughter up.  Robingirl, your picture actually scared me and made me throw up in my mouth a little...  
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

ambergirl:

On the day of the interview, I found Cheerio to be a very engaging fellow. I appreciated his honesty and candor when he answered my questions about tt and her ordeal. It wasnt until the following day (yesterday), after Cheerio had texted me over 200 profanity-laced messages that I found out what he was really all about

Needless to say the experience has forced me to reevaluate my policy on interviewing housepets...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE] Why are you fetishizing the cougs?  
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

Respect the thread
    This is a plank-free zone
    You dont belong here
    You know you dont belong here
    Please leave quietly
    Dont make me have to summon security on you again...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Grow up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Seeing as I can get in to post today, Cheerio asked me to make a clarification.  The "cat" you interviewed was certainly not her.  "She" is a genteel Irish Colleen, and does accept gratuities for her interviews, as noted below -

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LMAO!!!  Oh tt, that is precious and so funny!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hilarious thread.  Laughing  But, who did Ache interview if not Cheerio?  I thought it was legit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Nice pic, TT!    Maybe the imposter was Stitches, the JD?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    Too funny!
    Good for you keeping the humor in all this "mess". - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

tt's revolt
    DAY NINE

Elaborate scam uncovered
    AcheNot taken in by sophisticated ruse perpetrated by criminal element in feline community
    Interview with "Cheerio" revealed to be a hoax
    Interview subject exposed as an imposter
    Scheme to extort money foiled
    When asked for his reaction to the shocking news, AcheNot had this to say: "Whattya want me to tell you? I got punked...plain and simple. Next time I'll make sure to ask for a paw print and photo ID, okay?"

Meanwhile in tt news: toytrumpet posted 13 messages today, a total that suggests her long revolt against the BDC message board may be coming to an end. Though she is still bedeviled by the same annoying issues that have been her bane for weeks now, her extended presence in the forum today led some to speculate that the boycott may finally be over. While it is too early to tell how this thing will play out, the prevailing mood among the forum gals today seems to be one of guarded optimism

We'll see

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]No Meow Mix please!  In the future just have your people call my people.
    Posted by robingirl[/QUOTE]

Imposter!

Help, police!

Arrest that tabby!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Did someone call my name?