May 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: May 2012

I agreee tt, get the appointments out of the way.  Enjoy the sunny day.  We have another baseball game tongiht hope it stays nice. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I second Winter tt.  Good to get it out of the way.  Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.  Nice to get out Mothers Day Winter, you deserve it : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks...so do you.  I'm hoping you get that Kindle :) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I told her Christmas for the Kindle, but that would be nice too.  Although the car wouldn't be too shabby either......  lol!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

No news yet

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I hope by this weekend Icer.  Waiting is the hardest!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    The trippers came home very late last night - after midnight. The traffic was terrible coming back. Funny thing, they stopped at a Crate & Barrel for something to eat and BIL and SIL had omelets, so they had breakfast for supper too. LOL
    I have been to most countries in Europe, but never to Portugal and Spain. Now it is too late. I am not much for traveling around sightseeing any longer. Now I like to go and stay at one place and relax and take a couple of day trips around the area.
    So Amber, DN kissed the stone. DH did too, when we were there. I didn't. You have to lay down on your back and bent backwards into a cavity, while someone holds on to your feet, so you don't fall in - in order to do it. Didn't want to kiss the stone that badly. Plus sharing saliva with a bunch of strange people, did not appeal to me either. I am so happy for DN. Hope this trip lifts her spirits, after what she has been going through. Hopefully it doesn't tire her out.
    Kar, have a wonderful day out with your friend. How is your fingers? The rest from the crochet needle will do them good.
    Winter, did the exterminator get rid of your groundhog yet? You have not mentioned anything about him.
    How is your tummy, tt - after you started eating normal food again? interesting about the "wavy" oesophagus.
    BIL and SIL are going out for dinner tonight at old friends. So it will just be me and DH. I am craving meat after going veggie for 10 days. Maybe I will get some corn and grill a steak.
    The weekend will be busy. Tmw. night we are all invited to friends for dinner. Old friends from back when are getting together. BIL knows some of them. Sunday I have made reservation for brunch. In btw. I want to go to the nursery to pick up 3 of the Endless Summer Hydrangeas. My Mother's Day present. The meat grinder will have to wait.
    Finishing a couple of loads of laundry. Then off to the office. - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo I think you mean Cracker Barrel?  Crate and Barrel doesn't serve food :) I have one of those Endless Summer Hydrangeas.  

Pingo, not one has been caught, but they know they are there.  I think they are too smart for the traps.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What did I say? Of course I meant Cracker Barrel - LOL. I don't even think Crate and Barrel is open any longer.
    I am happy for you, that you got a fixed sum for removing your ground hog. I paid per day. What were we to know - not something we are dealing with every day. Became expensive. Do they come and check the trap every day, or have they asked you to  do you do that? Animals are smart. When we caught the first baby, the mother was running around the trap crying. But she did not go inside. I hope you get rid of him soon.
    I have hydrangeas, but the larger ones. I need 3 smaller ones for a bed, we have renovated. They will look nice there. I heard that the Endless Summer ones are easier to take care of and that they bloom all summer.
    In Response to Re: May 2012:
    Pingo I think you mean Cracker Barrel?  Crate and Barrel doesn't serve food :) I have one of those Endless Summer Hydrangeas.   Pingo, not one has been caught, but they know they are there.  I think they are too smart for the traps.  
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

They come every day and change out the apples and check the trap.  They close the trap on Fridays and open it back up on Monday.  

Crate and Barrel is still opened.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Popping in during Y&R commercials.

Went to S&S and while I was in that area, made another run to Used Books to see if I could find any my son in Newton had emailed me.  Got him 5 books, 2 on his list, and 3 I thought (and was right) he would like.  Picked up a couple of women's books for me too - all for the grand total of $13!!  I asked why they were closing and the clerk said the mall wouldn't renew their license, that some other store wanted the space - she put a flyer in my bag, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Those little critters are pretty clever, Winter.  Sorry, it's taking so long, but yu wouldn't want to have to listen to them all week-end if they should get caught.

Back to Y&R -

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm terribly, terribly behind on reading all the posts, but am having a somewhat quiet day and wanted to pop in to say hello.  Here is what I am cought up on though:

Kar- Happy Belated to Miss Gracie.
    Icer - can't wait to hear Zachary has made his way to the outside!
    TT- sounds like your tests went well and I hope you are feeling better
    Prin - a new BT?!  I love it and Spencer will be so excited! I'm partial to BTs, Jax being half and all. 
    Amber - I keep wondering if I "see" you at District 7.  THink of it every time I go there now.
    Pingo, SS, and eveyone else, hope you all are well. 

All is well here and time is really flying by these days.  Less than two months to go until the little firecracker arrives.  Can you believe it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I know and my son wouldn't like it either.  I'm going to see if they can use something else, since I don't think they want the apples. 

Sounds like you got some good finds at the bookstore. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novemb, so glad yo her from you.  How are you feeling?  You must be getting everything ready for LO's arrival. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

See the afternoon scooting right away, so want to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day, before it's 5:00 and you've left.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt.  Happy Mother's Day to you and all the other moms out there.  And to Novemb and Liz Happy soon to be mom's.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies!  Had a fabulous day at the Brimfield Antique Show!  We walked and talked all day - it flew by.  We wanted to stay longer, but we were both tired by 3 and packed it in.  Gracie is no worse for wear, apparently, since after she came in for her dinner she asked to go back outside and is still there.

Thanks for popping in, Nov.  Hope you are feeling well...no, can't believe only 2 more months to go.

My are is grateful for the break.  So grateful, in fact, that I might really do absolutely nothing on the blankets today.

It was kind of cold outside all day - it kept clouding up.  And, I hear tonight's going to be a chiller, too.  Maybe we'll need the stove on?  It's only 66 in here right now.

Icer, still no news?  Goodness; I hope she's not too uncomfortable.  The waiting must be a killer.

So, the Kitchen Fairy did not appear and take care of the mess I left this morning, nor did the Laundry Fairy pick up the bedroom...sad, huh?  Oh, well, I guess I better get to the chores since I played all day.

Happy Mother's Day and weekend to everyone!

~kar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have some bad news. I was laid off today along with my manager. They did "restructuring" and the business development will be in NYC. I am devastated considering my age. I won't be postong as much but will check in occasionally. I am going to be off for this weekend while I absorb this.. but once the dust settles and I am back on my feet, I will be back fulltime. Love you ladies and I know you will understand..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I hate it when the Fairies fail to show up!

I'm feeling great so far.  Starting to get a little achy, but nothing too bad. I think I've had it pretty easy. I had to stop my tap class last week- too much jumping, but am still doing Zumba 2x per week.

We have done well getting things ready.  The house is mostly de-cluttered, my Dad has built out the closet, the changing table is set up and the crib pieces are in baby's room , although not assembled yet.  I'm pre-registered at the hospital, picked a pediatrician's office, registered for a breastfeeding class, booked the hospital tour, and have all my FMLA paperwork to fill out.  I am also 99% sure we have the name, but we are keeping it to ourselves.

ETA:  Oh, Amber.  I'm so sorry.  Sounds like it was a shock.  I'll be thinking of you this weekend.  Hugs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, NO, Ambergirl - so sorry!!!!  What devestating news.  I hope a great opportunity presents itself really soon.  We'll be thinking of you.  Take all the time you need. Hugs!!

Nov, sounds like things are really falling into place.  How cool you're still doing Zumba; approved exercise during pregnancy is so helpful in recovery post-delivery. GL with everything as you cruise into the home stretch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, I'm so sorry.  What are they thinking?  Does your DD know yet?  Did they offer you any placement in another location?  OMG.  Wish you lived closer and could pop in for tea and a goodie.  Not that that would solve your problem, but it would be soothing to your soul.  A lot of thinking and pondering will be going on this week-end at your house, I'm sure.  Please find a way to keep in touch with us and let us know any way that we can be of help.  Love - tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Oh, Amber, I am so sorry.  Yes, let the dust settle, and get your perspective back. It is a shock, but you will come through it.  I hope you got a good severance pkg. And you will have more time to take advantage of the good weather. Wish I could give you a hug.  You know we are all here for you.

Kar-the fairy missed my house today, too. I took Fri nd Monday off-today to do some shopping. Still had a gift card for SSP to use up, so got myself some new clothes, and a present for my mom .
    TT-went to S&S, and bought some Knorrs Parma Rosa.  Did you try the pesto?
    Well, November, you are very well prepared-hope the time goes by fast. Such a fun time- all the prep.
     Icer----keep us posted.
     Pingo-I was in crate and barrel today--that is funny. My father loved Cracker Barrel. DH would never go,since they don't serve beer. S&S had great corn this week- nice and sweet. Enjoy your cookout.

AND--another hug to Amber.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, your post made me smile for the first time today. They only have one other office in NY. I set the Boston office up from scratch. No loyalty today ever. DD does know but she has her own life. This is devasting on so many levels.. financial is the worse. Unemployment pays you 60% (if I remember that correctly) I never was laid off until 2008. My first time ever.. Took me 8 months to find this job. and I took a big paycut.. here we are 3 years later. Makes it especially bitter.. but I would love a cuppa and a pastry with you right now. Just had a good cry and not going to dwell on it for the rest of the night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My severance package was 1 month's pay. Unemployment takes 3 to 4 weeks. You would think they would do the decent thing and give one month per year. And my health insurance ends in 2 weeks, May 31. Nice.. especially since I am on medications. Will go to Costco. Pray nothing bad happens. I am going to look into Mass Health. ETA: pity party over. Thanks for being such a much needed support.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber, I am so sorry to hear about your job loss.  Go to unemployment immediately and ask about what can help with COBRA, MassHealth,etc.  Don't take your employer's word for it.  So sorry that your employer did not give you the loyalty you gave them.

Sections
Shortcuts