May 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2012

Here are the 4 sets of finished hats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks for the thoughts about my aunt.  Kar, those hats are cute.  Tt, how are you feeling today?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm feeling better today than yesterday, thanks, Winter.  I think I did too much yesterday and really got tired, plus a lot of phone talking which tired me out.  All I've done since I got home today is make my lunch and put the chicken on to stew for soup.  A lot of coughing started up this afternoon, but those honey losegas quiet that down.  I do have to throw a wash in, because with the nightsweats I'm changing my nightgown a couple of times a night.  Need tonight's supply. Have the menus for the week-end already.  Son Sunday is bringing chicken and rice in gravy, and G.T. Saturday is bringing a large oriental salad.

Adorable hats, Kargiver.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks ladies - I can't believe I churned out 12 hats in 3 days and that I'm DONE with the project!  The hats are in the washer, now.

tt, goodness, you've got to take care of yourself...be gentle on yourself no matter who is coming over or what's going on.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

You made 12 hats?  Are they all the same color? I missed that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They are all the same color - they match the blankets - all ecru.  The "4" hats are really 4 stacks of 3 each.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh ok.  I missed that.  They look cute.
    tt, glad you are feeling better today.  Your lunch plans for the weekend sound delicious. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here's a pic that might show it better, but I should have fanned them out.  They're in the washer, now, so I can't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar.  They are very nice.  DS got an 89 on his science fair project.  He's pleased so that's all that matters. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks. :)  I'm very happy with them.  Now, the logistics of getting them delivered.  I don't know how it's going to happen now that the father has to drive the mom to her many appointments; she's not allowed to drive anymore.  That uses up the PTO he'd use to go to lunch.  Maybe I'll just have to essentially do a drive-by this weekend.  She's not up to visiting, but there's no way I want to send these in the mail.

89 is good - I'm glad he's happy with his work and grade.  He sounds like a truly wonderful young man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar.  I thought it would have gotten a higher grade since I saw what the rest of the class did, but it is what it is. 

I have a vacation day tomorrow.  Have a good night.  I'll try to pop on if not have a great weekend everyone. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I never thought they were judged fairly, actually, for a number of reasons.  But, I think the best thing to come out of it is what you've taught him - you do the best you can and the judging is what it is and out of his control so no sense fretting.  He'll have great coping skills, and I think that is very lacking in young people today.

Have a great 4 day weekend!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Hi all--TT--take it easy-you know your own body-your probably right you did too much-even a lot of talking on the phone can wear you out. Glad your company will bring the food this weekend-easy for you.
     Kar-they are all beautiful!
    I know I missed a lot--hope Pingo has a great trip. DH had surgery today-he had a hernia crop up a few weeks ago, and has progressively gotten worse. So monday his oncologist said, yes, it should be operated on, PC on Tuesday agreed- got us in with his surgeon Wed for consult, and surgery this AM.  UGH. Lots of pain right now, but will improve.. This has been the week with 10 days in it so far. At least he is a reasonably good patient!  Making him his fave mac and cheese now-he could not eat today, obviously, so is really hungry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

Glad you're feeling better today, TT.  Take it easy and get your strength back.  Oh, yes, with the new digital mammogram machines, it's not bad at all.  I've been waiting hours for the surgeon to call me with the results but it's now 6:15 and I haven't heard from him yet.  I should have the report in the mail either tomorrow or Saturday though.  Waiting for the results is worse than the actual mammogram.  Kar, the blankets and hats are beautiful.  I'm sure the parents will be thrilled with them.  WinterBride, 89 is a good grade and I agree with Kar, about the grading.  Makes you wonder at times.  It was 90 here today and the pool's open and the temperature is about 75 degrees already.  Have a safe holiday weekend everyone.  Obbieite

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tulips, prayers for DH's speedy recovery.  Sorry he had to go through that on top of everything else he deals with.

Obbie, I think if there were anything there to worry about the doc would have met with you immediately - sorry you had to wait, but I bet it means good news.

90?!  I think it's 70 here.  I walked Gracie, and the air is heavy and thick with mosquitos...we had to keep moving!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Tulips, sorry to hear your husband needed additional surgery.  That poor guy has been so much.  You're lucky you have each other to take care of each other - that's the problem when you live alone, you're your own caregiver, and sometimes, as I've found out, you're not up to doing much of that.

Gloomy morning, haven't opened the door a crack yet to see how warm it is.  Going to get down and get a wash or two thrown in before day starts.  Couple of calls from last night to return, that I just didn't answer.  Knew one of them would be a long, catch up one, and while she said she worried I might be back in the hospital, I knew answering would lead to a long phone call.  I'll call her before she goes out this morning.

Obbie, I agree with Kargiver, if there was any bad news, they would have had you wait, or at the very least, your doctor would have called you and asked you to come in.  My DIL who had breast surgery goes through that same scarey wait each time she has her check up.

Time to fix something for breakfast.  Already showered and dressed, so have one leg up on that.  Will try to check in later.  Nanny friend is stopping by at some point today and we may take a little walk.  She has a lot on her plate right now too, and walking sometimes makes it easier to unload what's on your mind.

Good day everyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, that's good you answered even though it tied you up awhile.  She'd have been in a panic.  How is your tummy feeling? 

Speaking of panic, I washed the hats yesterday, and the load before it left a blue (jeans?) residue that transferred to the hats.  They weren't blue, just dirty blueish.  Awful.  Ruined.  So, I soaked them in a hydrogen peroxide mixture and returned to find that they were still blueish except for where the peroxide stained them brown!  I washed and rewashed them to no avail.  Added a little bleach (talk about oxegen foam!), and still no change.  This morning, I soaked them in a big bowl of pure lemon juice.  SUCCESS!   They are nearly like new and are rinsing in the washer, now.  Probably one more wash with a little detergent will do it, and if they aren't perfect I can live with that - they won't stay perfect after they are worn, anyway.  I was just sick, but can breath, again, now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're skim reading again - I said I didn't answer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Whoops, sorry!  You're right - I'm engrossed in the hat debacle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here's the blue and green blanket in action. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

Tulips, I hope your husband is feeling much better this morning.  Nothing like a little comfort food to help you along.  Kar, I'm glad you were able to fix those hats.  I would have been terribly upset too.  In fact, I would have been like a "mad woman".  TT, I was reading your post when the phone rang.  When I answered it someone said "oh, sorry, wrong number" and hung up.  I checked the caller ID and it said it was the surgeon's office.  When I called back there was no one there.  I waited a few minutes and called again....and, yes, everything is "OK".  I've gone in for a mammogram too many times and then got that dreaded call later on (after they said everything was fine).  It seems that if there is even a slight question they will refer it to a board of radiologists for a second or third opinion.  Back in '91, when we lived in Portland, OR, I had a  biopsy and they took out a very large chunk of tissue.  Well, the initial report came back fine.  When I went back to have the stitches removed they changed the diagnosis.  The doctor had sent the biopsy (b/c it was so suspicious and my family history of breast cancer) to Memorial Sloan Kettering in NY for a final diagnosis.  Yeah....my first bout with cancer.  Well, after five surgeries/3 cancers, you know why I'm skeptical and wait for that paper report.  If I ever get another diagnosis...the other one will come off too.  But, again, the new machines are "relatively" painless and you don't need to hold your breath either while the picture is being taken.  I like not suffering so much but at the same time I feel like it should hurt a bit more...lol. I've had that BRAC test and my five daughters were all happy that the results came back negative.  Take it easy this weekend, TT, and don't do too much even though you have company.  Resting should be on the top of your list.  Well, now I can get on with my day and wait for the mailman to come.  Have a good day/weekend everyone.  Obbie

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

In Response to Re: May 2012:
    Here's the blue and green blanket in action. :)
    Posted by kargiver

Haha....Snug as a bug in a rug!  Beautiful!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You might not have to hold your breath during the test these days, but that doesn't help for afterwards while you're anxiously waiting for the results!  Glad to hear it's good news, and that's fabulous about your BRAC results, too.  1991 is a lifetime ago with respect to cancer diagnosing - good thing your doctor acted on that hunch and didn't let the first results stand.  What an ordeal, though.

ETA:  Thanks!  this is the first photo I've posted that shows the green as it really looks.  Her phone takes better pictures than my camera.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad your report came back OK, Obbie.  I can see why you're a bit skeptical until the final diagnosis.

Little cutie pie in that blanket, Kargiver.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I was almost content to let the little staining go, but I couldn't for one of them that was particularly noticeable, at least to me.  So, I remade it and they are all in the washer (very, very, very, very clean washer, lol), now.

ETA:  Stacked and ready to go

Sections
Shortcuts