May 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2012

Yeah, you probably would end up filling their bellies and not the birds'.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Greetings, ladies,

I've had a hard time getting in CC today, not so bad a time in some other areas.  

Pingo, I hope your new girl works out and takes some burden off you.  I have not heard from TJ's despite writing again with the same copied and pasted address that has not been bounced back.  I can't find a corporate phone number, either.  So, I guess I'm not entered. 

tt, thanks for the Spelt Cake info.  Agave is something DH can have for sweetener, too.

Winter, gl with the eradication.  Hope they don't do any damage in the process.

Just got back from a nippy walk with Gracie - no sun here all day, but at least it wasn't drizzling like it was yesterday.  I've started on the first of 3 blankets for my friend.  I LOVE the cream color, very rich, like vanilla ice cream.

Gotta get going on the dishes and the houswork I want done before DH gets home.  I spent too long on the blanket!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm about to head out in about 10 minutes. I hope everyone has a nice night.  I have my winter coat and gloves to watch the baseball game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Me too.  I hope DS wins Winter!  Can't wait to read more tonight : )  Have a great night everyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Stay warm and GL to your son, Winter!

Have a good night, Ambergirl.  How are the trains running these days?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

Hello everyone.  TT, I'm so glad you got started with the doctors earlier than planned.  Waiting for test results can seem like forever, can't it.  Kar, your baby blanket was beautiful and I can't wait to see the three you are working on now.  I loved the quinoa and can think of so many things I hope to do with it.  I hope TJ's received your recipe.  It's too bad you can't contact them? Don't they have a corporate office and a number to call?  Sorry your weather is so cool up there today...it's 93 here and we have the AC on now.  It will stay on right through October now.  My gecko is back in the fireplace scratching at the glass to get out.  I'm surprised that we haven't had this happen before as we see the geckos out on the front patio all the time.  I'm getting anxious about going to to CT next week as I'll get to see at least three of my kids and about 8 of the grandchildren.  I'm hoping to go to Foxwoods too.  If not Foxwoods, then we'll go to Twin Rivers in RI.  Well, hubby has dinner on the table.  (He cooks and I clean up....not a bad deal.)  Obbieite

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You have a new pet, Obbie, your little gecko.  I suppose I wouldn't think it was that cute if it were my fireplace he were in.  My peeper still sings away out there nights, cold and all.  Today here actually was nice - high 50's, I'd say, and sunny.

Good for you getting to CT.  Will your husband be going too?  How long do you plan on staying?

Delicious beef stew for supper, with a pita pocket browned under the broiler to go with.  Nothing to eat or drink after midnight and until after test tomorrow a.m.  Friend called today to set up a lunch date, but I begged off until I feel I can go out and eat more than a baked potato or sparce salad.  Hoping the blanket that I rolled up and somehow, I don't know how, got under the whole top of the mattress.  Expect I'll feel pulled muscles tomorrow from lifting it.

Already in nice warm nightgown and robe, waiting for 9:00 and Jeff Lewis, and then 10:00 and my realestate show.  Never got the catnap in, and don't feel tired at all.  Am needing a few snoozes tonight tho.

Good luck at Foxwoods, SS gets to go a lot, she like to play bingo.  If I lived as close as my son who took me for my birthday, I'd be down there once a month.
    Basket of clothes to fold, so I'll get movin.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Obbie, thanks so much for the compliment on the blanket.  I'll spare you all the blow by blow photos of these next three, though, and just post as they are done...it won't be long; I don't have time to f_rt around!  So glad you loved the quinoa!  I can't believe it's taken so long to catch on in modern times having been eaten for thousands of years.  As for TJ's, I called 800 information, and it said, "Trader Joe's Corporate has chosen to not be listed.  Good bye."  And, there's no number on the website.  So, I sent it to the same address Pingo did and will have to hope they got it.  Either way, after the contest, I'll post my revised recipe that I think is much better than the one I posted here before.

tt, I hope the herculean effort of putting the rolled blanket under the mattress proves helpful tonight.  I, too, have a basket of clothes to fold...  Enjoy your stew!  Sounds delish.

DH just got home, yay!  

G'night,
    ~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, this guy on Jeff Lewis is why I gave up dating.. lol! Good Lawd!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, trains have been ok but waited 25 minutes last night for the bus when it was raining. Ridiculous as it happens every time it rains or snows. Took me 1 hour to get home from downtown crossing. Should be a normal 35 minute commute. And to think I will be paying more in July for that great service! Now aren't you sorry you asked? : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Lasted until about 9:15, Amber, then sleepiness took over and I went to bed.  Why would any woman hook up with a jerk like that guy?  Must have awfully low self esteem.  Anyway, will catch that show and Millionaire Sat morning when they run the re-runs.  Really sorry not to see last Millionaire, but never would have made it til even 10:00.

Plenty of time this morning, since no breakfast, have showered and dressed and now wait another hour before leaving.  Already planning in my head the sumptuous breakfast I'll have when I get back!  Have a good one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

tt, how did you sleep with the blanket propping you up?  You must be famished...I do hate starving myself for an appointment, but hopefully you get good results. 

Ambergirl, 25 minutes in the cold rain?  Bummer!

I'm cruising along on the first blanket; it's already about 8".  Back to work I go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I will be very busy here until about 3:30, so I may not be on.  DS' team won their game.  They are 3-0 so far.  Amber, I did read more last night as well.  :) tt, good luck with your tests.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats to your son - they are doing great!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

I guess the rain will be sticking around today and tomorrow.  I hope the weekend is better.  tt, I didn't see the finale of Millionairre since I fell asleep too.  But you are right, there will be reruns or I can watch On Demand.  I hope your appointment goes well.  God love you on the blankets Kar.  I never would have the patience for it.  Winter, I am on the part where Sadie confronts him over the song.  I am going to read on my lunch again : ) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thakns Kar, they are doing good.  DS hasn'e gotten a hit yet, but he walked twice yesterday and was stranded on third base twice. Oh yes Amber, Sadie is a smart cookie.  Back to the grind here today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You make me miss when DD played softball Winter...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

In Response to Re: May 2012:
    [QUOTE]You have a new pet, Obbie, your little gecko.  I suppose I wouldn't think it was that cute if it were my fireplace he were in.  My peeper still sings away out there nights, cold and all.  Today here actually was nice - high 50's, I'd say, and sunny. Good for you getting to CT.  Will your husband be going too?  How long do you plan on staying? Delicious beef stew for supper, with a pita pocket browned under the broiler to go with.  Nothing to eat or drink after midnight and until after test tomorrow a.m.  Friend called today to set up a lunch date, but I begged off until I feel I can go out and eat more than a baked potato or sparce salad.  Hoping the blanket that I rolled up and somehow, I don't know how, got under the whole top of the mattress.  Expect I'll feel pulled muscles tomorrow from lifting it. Already in nice warm nightgown and robe, waiting for 9:00 and Jeff Lewis, and then 10:00 and my realestate show.  Never got the catnap in, and don't feel tired at all.  Am needing a few snoozes tonight tho. Good luck at Foxwoods, SS gets to go a lot, she like to play bingo.  If I lived as close as my son who took me for my birthday, I'd be down there once a month. Basket of clothes to fold, so I'll get movin.  
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Hi TT,  No, he won't come with me as he doesn't like to gamble like I do.   We're driving up to CT for a First Communion and then I'll go with him to Weymouth and then he'll continue up to Maine to go fishing for a couple of weeks.  I'll go to Foxwoods and then fly home either Monday or Tuesday.  I want to get back as we're going to Seattle the first week of June for a grandaughter's graduation from college.  I may come right home after that but I also have to be back in Weymouth to babysit again sometime towards the end of June.  So maybe I'll just go on to Boston rather than just come back here for a couple of days.  My daughter works for a company that runs the trade shows in Boston and I guess there is going to be a big one in June and, since her husband works nights, she's really stuck for a sitter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Hope your scanning goes well this morning, tt. Did your rolled up blanket help you any? They have wedge "pillows" for that, which is a lot easier to maneuver around.
    Kar, I am upset w/ TJ's on your account. It is terrible to leave you in limbo like this. I will be going there today or tomorrow and will ask them, how one can get in touch with them. There must be a way. Your recipe definitely needs to be in the competition.
    Obbie, I can just imagine, how you must be looking forward to go to CT and see your children and grandchildren. I can attest to how hard is is, living far away from our children. I will see both mine at the end of this month and I can hardly wait. Even though they grow up, they are still our children.
    Lousy commute, Amber. I can only imagine, how angry you and your fellow commuters  must be w/ MBTA. That's one thing I miss here. Good public transportation. We don't have any in our own. We have to ferry ourselves in a taxi to reach the closest train station or bus stop. In Europe everything is flowing and on time, no matter what kind of weather. And one can get everywhere by bus or T. When I grew up, we had no need for a car. The bus stop was right around the corner from us, and the bus ran every 10 minutes on the dot. It bugs my mind, if they can do it in Europe, why can't they do the same here? It is really not rocket science.
    Congratulations Winter for your son's 3rd win. They are doing well.
    We eat supper so late, so we are trying to eat light at night. Right now DH is on a soup kick. So I have to massage my imagination, not to come up with the same old stuff. Last night I made an amazing curry soup. My mother used to make one, and I tried to copy it, even though I really don't know, how she did it. But it was so good and satisfying.
    Have to go for my shot this morning. I can always feel, when it is getting nearer. I feel a lot more tired and get tired faster. So hopefully I will pep up again and get more energy. I need it; our company will be arriving this Saturday staying for 10 days. 
    I have been wondering about Liz and November. Anyone heard from them? I think Nov must have delivered by now. And we lost BG again. Hope all is well w/ her.
    Have to get myself together and get out in the rain. - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

The MBTA needs major improvement Pingo.  That is why so many people showed up at those meetings, not that it did any good.  We shouldn't pay more for lousy service.  I have been thinking of BG too.  I hope all is well and of course November and Liz.  Can't wait for some sun. I gets the blahs when it is cloudy so many days in a row.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    Good luck w/ your exterminator. I hope for you, he gets it at the first try. When we had to get rid of the skunks, they came and set up a trap, checked it the next morning and set up a new trap. This continued until they all were caught. They didn't work weekends and holidays, but you pay per day you have the trap, so we still had to pay for the traps those days. It became an expensive deal. The two young ones were caught w/i a couple of days, but the mother skunk was a smart old lady. It took almost two weeks, before she was caught.
    Best of luck - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hi everyone...we are having a few gloomy days so I will take advantage of that and cook up a storm...Today the guys will come here for lunch..canned tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches..the job they are doing(jacking up a barn) requires an inspection and this inspector likes to be left alone...No problemo says Honey...We will do lunch at home...I like that too

Busy time and my son's Gf goes to the doc every week now...Her due date is May 10th...wooo 1 week from today

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

How exciting Icer!  Tomato soup with grilled cheeese.. YUM!  I also love campbells chicken noodle soup with PB&J : )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Scan went well, I think.  Tech and I got talking and found we were both old West Lynners, so she confided that she saw nothing much to worry about on the scan of gallbladder, pancreas etc.  That is good to know.  Eliminates that at least. Came home to a nice breakfast of soft boiled egg on toast and hot water with about 1/4 tsp. coffee.

She told me about the wedge pillow at BV&B too, Pingo.  Her husband is a terminal esophagus cancer patient and she had bought one for him.  Actually, I think the blanket helped last night, so as long as it's in place, will try that for a few more nights before I wrestle with lifting the mattress again.

Misty damp here, enough to put the windshield wipers on and off, on and off.

Congrats Winter to your son's team.  It always gives them an extra boost when they're part of a winning team.

Icer, waiting for that big announcement!

Obbie, you do a lot of traveling back and forth to your family - good for you.  Sounds like a busy next few months you have.  

Have a couple of phone calls to return, so off for now.  I'll look in later.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad the scary things are ruled out, tt, and I hope the tests show what they need to solve the mystery and get you all better.  That breakfast must have tasted SO good.  I love soft boiled eggs.  Maybe I'll make some for myself...

I'm crocheting away.  Gracie is reluctantly exporing the yard in the drizzle - I figured she really shouldn't sleep all day which is all she's done so far.