May 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2012

How's the blanket coming along, Kargiver?  Nice day to get comfortable and crochet or knit.  Have cleaned the bathroom and now will give the l.r. a once over, tomorrow is the day little one sometimes stops in.  Second lawn mowing of season today, doesn't seem possible, having them come every two weeks is always a sign summer is coming or here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is great news, tt. Happy for you - and I am even happier for you, that the tech whispered to good news to you, so you didn't have to wait for the results. Just a confirmation. Soft-boiled eggs - or actually smiling eggs - is one of my favorite breakfasts. Too bad eggs have gotten such a bad reputation. They are  actually good for you and especially for your eyes. Since they got a bad rap, people cut down on them and we now have an explosion in cataracts.
    Icer, such an exciting time for you. Hope the delivery will go fast and well. Your DIL (yes, I call her that, now you are going to become a grand mother) must be really, really ready. Great time to have a baby with all the good  - hopefully - weather on it's way. Will you be babysitting? You told us once, she needed to work to pay off a student loan.
    Getting back to work. Hope you all are well - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies,

The blanket is coming along nicely, thanks; it's up to 11.5".  And, I learned a lot doing the pattern the first time so I'm even happier with this one.  I like the cream a lot.

Thanks for going to bat for me, Pingo, but I'm not worried about Trader Joe's - it's too bad if they don't get my entry, but if they don't, they don't.  I probably would have been disqualified either for too many ingredients or for the fact that all the spices weren't carried at TJs.  Oh, well. :)  It's good, anyway, and maybe it will get them to think about carrying chili powder like tt said.

My shoulder is killing me - I've crocheted too much.  I should go walk Gracie before my arm falls off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Still at my office, but packing up. Didn't realize it was already over 7. But I resolved a big "knot" - so I am happy. Now I can take off tmw. w/o worrying about it. It has been driving me crazy for the past few days.
    DH is playing his last Thursday game for the season, and they are having pizza party at the club afterwards, so I don't have to rush home and cook. I have plenty of leftovers for myself. Have to clean out the refrigerator, before the vegetarians arrive. Tmw. I will spend all morning shopping for them. Veggies take up a lot of ref. room. Can't freeze them.
    I hope my maybe helper gets a car soon. It will take a big load of my shoulders. She can do the everyday general stuff, which gives me more time for projects like the one I just did.
    Just wanted to wish everyone a good evening. Don't think, I will be on the computer, when I get home - I will change into my comfy nighty and read.
    - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning and happy Friday!

Feels like Wednesday to me since DH came home so early on Wednesday and that became our "Saturday."  I'm all messed up, lol.

Pingo, so glad you figured out your issue so you can take a much deserved day off.  I hope, too, your new girl gets transportation soon...does she have a plan?

tt, hope you had a restful night on your blanket riser.  

Foggy out and warm.  Got up to it being 68 in here.  We had the fire going last night, but I guess we didn't need as much wood as we put on.  It's a tricky thing in the Spring to get it right.

I'm about 1/2 way done with the body of Blanket 1 having finshed the 4th ball of yarn last night.  DH loves it - he's commented on the color twice.

So, his having left at 6:00 has given me an extra hour in the day...here I go!

Have a great day,
    ~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Just watched an interesting, eye opener segment on the Today Show regarding mold scams.  Had a house checked by 2 different mold expert companies and it was cleared of any mold or moisture damage.  Then they put a few splotches of black eye shadow in a couple of places and called 8 different mold contractors in.  Out of the 8, 5 claimed it was definitely mold and that there was a moisture problem that was dangerous to the family.  Prices quoted to fix the problem ran from $1080 to $10,000!  Definitely an eye opener to a consumer of companies preying on their fear.

Glad your blanket is working up so pretty, Kargiver.  I love cream color, my reason, mainly, because it's very flattering to an older complexion.  My heat is on this morning, tho it has been off and on the past week or so anyway.  Sunday the sun is supposed to reappear, so can't wait for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

In Response to Re: May 2012:
    [QUOTE]Good morning, Just watched an interesting, eye opener segment on the Today Show regarding mold scams.  Had a house checked by 2 different mold expert companies and it was cleared of any mold or moisture damage.  Then they put a few splotches of black eye shadow in a couple of places and called 8 different mold contractors in.  Out of the 8, 5 claimed it was definitely mold and that there was a moisture problem that was dangerous to the family.  Prices quoted to fix the problem ran from $1080 to $10,000!  Definitely an eye opener to a consumer of companies preying on their fear. Glad your blanket is working up so pretty, Kargiver.  I love cream color, my reason, mainly, because it's very flattering to an older complexion.  My heat is on this morning, tho it has been off and on the past week or so anyway.  Sunday the sun is supposed to reappear, so can't wait for that.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Good Morning.  I saw that same clip about the mold experts, TT.  Mold is such a health concern that I understand why we are such easy prey when we call for help. Cudos go out to the honest contractors that were called in to assess the problem.  There are out there, of course, the usual scammers preying on us which is why we should have more than one person come in and look at a problem.  Hope you slept well last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May 2012 : Good Morning.  I saw that same clip about the mold experts, TT.  Mold is such a health concern that I understand why we are such easy prey when we call for help. Cudos go out to the honest contractors that were called in to assess the problem.  There are out there, of course, the usual scammers preying on us which is why we should have more than one person come in and look at a problem.  Hope you slept well last night.
    Posted by Obbieite[/QUOTE]

Hi Obbie,
    Wanted to see the segment of the "tanning lady", but stepped out of the room to do something and missed it.  What a mess she is.  Must be a psychological problem if she really thinks that's attractive.

No real change from either the additional med or the sleeping position.  Thursday and the gastroscopy can't come soon enough for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning,

Looks like the clouds are here to stay for a while.  Hopefully this weekend will be brighter.  Amber is getting groomed tomorrow.  I will ask for her summer cut, very short.  She doesn't handle the heat well at all.  I may go out with friends tomorrow, not sure yet.  I use to use servicemagic.com when I had my house.  All the contractors are screened.  I would put in a request for what I needed done and they would bid on my job.  I loved it because being a single woman they would always try to take advantage but on the website they have no idea I am a woman.  Sad in this day and age, but it does still happen.  tt, sorry you are not getting any relief.  I can't wait for the 10th to come quick for you.  I hope everyone has a good day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I think the term"Tanorexia" has been coined in regard to the tanning lady

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've worked up the 5th ball this mornning - it's up to 17".   Thanks, tt - cream is a warm color and flatters just about everyone, I think, not just "older" people (and who here is old?).  My wedding dress was this color, actually...

I'm starving - what's for lunch?  Oh, wait, it's only 10.  Feels like noon we got up so early.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just saying good morning, before I start my busy day. Have a long shopping list for my company coming tmw. going several places. Wish the weather was better.
    I went to Costco yesterday to avoid the parking lot in today's rain (hate that parking lot), but have to run back. Bought Preen (the stuff you sprinkle on before you put down the mulch) yesterday. $22 for 12000 sq.ft at Costco. My guy ran out of it. DH picked up some at HD. $28 for only 5000 sq. ft. I am giving you his info, in case you need it. It works really well. Keeps seeds from germinating and keeps the weeds at bay. Naturally, you can't use it for anything you sow in the veggie garden, but it works well for plants. We always sprinkle it on flower beds as well as veggie garden every Spring. It has worked well for us. Saves a lot of back wrecking weeding.
    TJ's and MB are on my list as well. My Reading MB has the best produce ever. I cleaned out my ref. last night, and it is ready to receive, whatever I buy. It is interesting, I have to change my cooking style completely. But I keep telling myself "it is only 12 days".
    I didn't see the morning news with the mold frauds. But it is one of the easiest way to make a buck. Mold you can't see, and the contractors take advantage of people's fear about it. There are some honest guys out there though, you just have to find them. It is always a good idea to go on the web and check out the contractors. The website will tell you, how many complaint and how many lawsuits they have against them.
    tt, for both you and me, I hope the 10th comes fast.
    Well, better get going. Have a lot to do today. You all have a pleasant day - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"tt, for both you and me, I hope the 10th comes fast. "

Is that when your company leaves? LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

First time ever, I could not use "reply".

-----Is that when your company leaves? LOL-----

No tt, but it is half way through. They are leaving on the 17th. Seems like I am against having guests. Not at all.  But these people - even though it is my DH's brother and wife - are not "normal" guests falling in more or less to your life style. It's going to be all about them, while they are here - and they are so demanding. They have a staff of servants at home, and expect the same services here. They come once a year, and I dread it every year. Please don't feel sorry for me. I will get through it. I may just have to vent a bit, and there is no better place than here to vent - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Can't  help but wonder if when you and DH visit them (if you do), if they extend the special treatment that you do them ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I remember your "favorite" houseguests, lol.  Sorry it's that time of year, again!  

I took a break from the blanket as my shoulder was in pain and my left hand numb.  So, I went out and played with Gracie, scoopercized, put a load of laundry in, picked up the kitchen, and made the bed.  Now, back to work.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Not really, tt. They have a staff to take care of them and us - so it is really no inconvenience for them to have two more house guests, except to ask their servants to get the guest room ready. We used to go every 2 -3 years, while DH parents were still around and the boys were young. DH still goes to visit on occasion. I haven't been there for over 15 years. There are lots of other places, I would much rather travel to. I can't deal with the heat, the dust and the poverty. There is such a wide gap btw. rich and poor people. That bothers me a lot. There is really no middle class, as we have here. They come here mostly to shop. And at stores, we never set a foot in. They always bring two empty suitcases and they are filled, so they hardly can zip them up, when they leave. Well, good for them. Fortunately my DH is nothing like his brother, and I am happy with the life we have. I truly don't envy them. - Pngo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I am taking a break too. Just finished all the floors. Decided, I better do them, while I could move around. Coming home after grocery shopping, I may not be able to. - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

Week has flown by.  Very busy time for me.  Just wanted to check in before the end of the day before those of us at work leave for the weekend.

tt, glad you are in the process of figuring out what is wrong.  Glad the test didn't show anything ominous. I sometimes think the techs and nurses know more than the doctors. 

princess, sorry to read your blood test was not good.  Hope you are feeling better. 

icer, exciting event about to unfold.  Hope all goes well.   

I'll check in over the weekend.

mothermitzi  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, Icer, Sharon made a complete fool of herself with Victor today, huh?  And Adam and Chelsea are going to take 10 Mil  and build their own empire, I think.  Glad they're keeping Adam on, I like his character and it plays off Chelsea well.  Phyllis and a baby on the way?  I don't think so, bet there's a miscarriage.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sat around twiddlng my thumbs because I don't have a cell phone and didn't want to miss a return call I had made.  Finally called a third time and went to a different extension and at least got someone.  Now I'm playing the waiting game again, but at least I know they're working on it.  Got a chance to throw a wash in and pull out the recipe for Spanish Creme.

No visitor today.  Boo Hoo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too bad you were stuck by the phone, tt, but good you finally got someone.  

The blanket is 21".  I used a smaller hook this time so it's tighter, and I have to admit I like it a lot better than the last one.

What is Spanish Creme?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Unflavored gelatin, eggs, milk and vanilla.  When it sets it separates into two layers, one clear.  Very mild and bland.  I love it.  Mom made it when I was a kid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like a custardy type thing?  I love pudding and custard.  I just made DH's special brownies.  Added 1/4 cup of sour cream this time.  I'm hopeful for the best batch ever...the batter was delectable, anyway, lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like a custardy type thing?  I love pudding and custard.  I just made DH's special brownies.  Added 1/4 cup of sour cream this time.  I'm hopeful for the best batch ever...the batter was delectable, anyway, lol.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

No, more like a clear jello with a whipped foamy set top