May 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2012

Lots doing over the week-end, may not be on either day.  Hope everyone has a good one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, I see, thanks.  Enjoy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all
    Didn't get much on the boards this week.  Work is just way too crazy.  I am glad that it's the weekend though!  Going to take mom out. She wants to get a new dress for my nieces graduation so I will take her shopping and then out to lunch. 

Was up super early today and already got laundry done and paid some bills!  Looks like it rained last night but might clear up.

Hope everyone has a great day!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, out all weekend?  Enjoy your kalooping!

You, too, prin, out with your mom.  If you have any good consignment shops nearby those are where I get my best special dresses and all for less than $40.  There was one in Framingham that had all designer stuff, but it closed. :(

DH just got in the shower after we spent a lovely, leisurely morning together.  We both have unexciting chores to do.  He'll be helping the neighbor de-rock his horse enclosure, and I'll be doing the whole floor rigamarole.  My least favorite task, dusting all the moulding, is on the agenda, too.  It seems so pointless, but I guess it has to be done at least once in awhile, right?

Gracie's whining in her (open) crate - she's had just about enough of the clouds and drizzle...as have we all!

Have a great weekend, all,
    ~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    don't know how much I will be here today and tmw., but I do wish everyone a good weekend.
    Company will be arriving in a few hours, but I am ready for them. Or I should say, the house is ready for them; mentally, I will never be.
    Lunch will be home made pizza, as I don't know exactly, when they will be here due to delays and such. Making the dough this morning, and will have all the ingredients ready. So it will take no time to throw it together. They have been travelling since 4pm our time yesterday, so they will be tired. If they are still awake at dinner time, I will make French onion soup and a salad. Something light for the night.
    Well, better get my gears running. Still have a few things to take care of.
    Have a god day all - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have a nice glass of wine with lunch. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I already had one for breakfast - leftover from last night. LOL

And now I am sharing everyone's grief. Couldn't post this morning. Had to register and so forth. First time it happened ever. Said, I couldn't post. Well didn't have time to fool around, so I left the computer. Just checked it, and low and behold, no problem - and my post from earlier had indeed posted.
    Now THAT is really crazy.
    Anyway, DH just left for the airport; --- and now the fun shall begin. Yeah, right!
    - Pingo
    In Response to Re: May 2012:
    [QUOTE]Have a nice glass of wine with lunch. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, pingo re the wine from last night!  I hope the visit isn't as stressful as it has been in the past.  And, if so, may it be behind you quickly. :)

I just got back from walking Gracie, and it's pretty nice out.  Buggy, but nice.  I walked her down to her buddy's house (not our neighbors), and they played a bit.  The owners' cars were in the driveway, but no one came out.  I saw horse prints on the road; maybe they were out riding.

I've "Furminated" Gracie and got gobs of undercoat off her.  And, much to her chagrin, I clipped her nails.  Hopefully, our walk ground down the sharp corners.

Back to the housework while DH finishes up the first lawn mowing of the year. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, don't get with all their money and hired help, they don't stay at a hotel? The amount of time they are staying with you makes Miss Manners shudder. Is this a cultural thing? I would never entertain people that makes me miserable. Kind of takes the fun out of it. Just really curious why you put up with something every year that you dread? Not being rude, just really curious. tt, hope you have a nice weekend.. Kar, you ever faithful CC poster : ) I am happy your weekend is good so far. I won't be on much Monday. I have 2 new tenants coming and I was just told Friday afternoon. My companies communication skills s*cks. And last but not least, Amber's groomer found a lump in her neck. Not like the bumps and tags that are normal in Shih Tzu's. I left a Voicemail at my vets office when I got home. Hopefully they can fit her in this week. My niece is now in Dublin : ) She will be home with her Aunt on the 16th. So happy for her..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, hope I didn't come across harsh : ( I LOVE cooking and entertaining. But the biggest part of that is not just my joy on cooking for people that mean a lot, but THEY appreciating my effort. Sounds like your BIL and wife don't appreciate the effort.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Ambergirl. :)  I'm sure Pingo's company is completely oblivious to their being pains in the buttocks; they probably think everyone is having a blast with their fabulous selves and wouldn't think of traveling all that way and then sacrificing time together by staying in a hotel.

So sorry the groomer found a scary lump.  Poor Amber and her family has been through the wringer this year.  I hope it's nothing.  Keep us posted.

I've been cleaning like mad.  Then, made pancakes for dinner - quick and easy!  Only did one lonely row on the blanket today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hang in there Pingo, you are really quite a sport.   Just take it in stride, like you seem to do, and be happy it's only once a year!

Struck out completely on dresses yesterday.  Mom got a couple of things, but I just got frustrated.  Nothing fits - I didn't even really find one I'd like enough to buy and then just have taken in.  All you ladies out there, enjoy your curves!  I am so jealous.  I even tried on some girl's dresses which fit, but of course just looked too young.  Plus I couldn't even really fill those out.  sigh.  I may try to go again next week, I just have to try not to get so frustrated, lol.

Suns out today!  I have a lot of work to do (boo) but will at least take Spence on a nice long walk and hit S&S, and then of course is the NASCAR race.

Have a great day everyone!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm glad the sun is out somewhere - it's not here!  Big, dark clouds up in our neck of the woods, and it's a bummer since bright sun was promised.  

Too bad about the dresses, Prin.  I used to have the same problem in college; I was a size 00 before "00" existed.  0s were too big so I was out of luck except in the very high end shops where a size 6 was the old fashioned (1960s) very tiny, and who can afford that stuff?  I always had pretty good luck at consignment shops in ritzy areas where rich people consigned things they only wore once because they'd never be seen in the same thing twice!  There are a couple in Newton that are really high end, and, of course, the two on Newbury St. in Boston.  How did your mom make out?

DH is taking down a few dead trees on our property today.  I've got the rest of the wood work to do as well as the floors.  Plus, I'm going to try to finish Blanket 1.  We just got back from taking Gracie to the local farm co-op, and she's happily working on a bully stick; she doesn't get those too often; they're expensive and they stink to the high heavens, lol.

Pingo, hope you're company is proving to be more tolerable than usual. :)

Ambergirl, thinking about Amber.  You must be so anxious for her to be looked at...poor girl.

I'm making plans to go out a couple of times this week - so pumped.  That's one reason I want to get so much done today.  So, back to work!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

TIMBER!!!

THUD

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar : ) not really worried to be honest. It is not attached to the skin which is good. Just want a precautionary check. Learning not to stress as a lot of her issues are age related. tt, miss seeing you on here this weekend. Laundry is calling! Chat hopefully sometime tomorrow or Tuesday. Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's good, Ambergirl, no sense worrying before you find anything out, anyway.

Tree 2 is down and being cut up.  Looks like I'll be stacking wood soon, although, I have to admit I hope the neighbor's kid comes over to do that - the bugs!  Ick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Pingo, don't get with all their money and hired help, they don't stay at a hotel? The amount of time they are staying with you makes Miss Manners shudder. Is this a cultural thing? I would never entertain people that makes me miserable. Kind of takes the fun out of it. Just really curious why you put up with something every year that you dread? Not being rude, just really curious. tt, hope you have a nice weekend.. Kar, you ever faithful CC poster : ) I am happy your weekend is good so far. I won't be on much Monday. I have 2 new tenants coming and I was just told Friday afternoon. My companies communication skills s*cks. And last but not least, Amber's groomer found a lump in her neck. Not like the bumps and tags that are normal in Shih Tzu's. I left a Voicemail at my vets office when I got home. Hopefully they can fit her in this week. My niece is now in Dublin : ) She will be home with her Aunt on the 16th. So happy for her..
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

amber -

Hope the lump ends up being nothing.  How nice that your niece is in Dublin. She deserves it after what she's been through.  I was there once but that was over 20 years ago now.  

Unless it is my immediate family, I could not have anybody stay with me for 12 days.  Friends (and extended family) know I have four empty bedrooms in my house, but I have set up parameters around letting people stay here.  As long as I'm still working, it isn't going to happen.  Sometimes, people with lots of money are the cheapest.  pingo, I know you do it for your husband, but you're the one doing all the work!

mothermitzi

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Well, getting ready to tackle another work week.  TT- too quiet on the boards this weekend without you around.

Kar - those are quite some trees?  Does DH now have to chop it all up?  Argh, that's  alot of work!

Saw on the other board that Liz is doing better, I am so glad.

Trying to get everyone to agree on what the plans are for Mother's Day on Sunday.  We may end up taking Mom & MIL out on Sat as my bro and DH's bro may have made plans for Sunday for them.  That's nice - we'll make it a celebration weekend!  They deserve it.

Hoping it's not another 70 work week . . we shall see!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Well, thank you, Princess, that's nice to see I was missed this week-end.  Busy couple of days - Sat was First Communion at OLA.  What a beautiful, light ceremony they do with the kids.  I remember writing about it on these boards when my GD's brother made his there.  At that one, tears streamed down my face and I had to control myself not to actually sob, between their sweet LOUD voices belting out the songs accompanied with a guitar, and their readings with their little upstretched arms.  Saturday, thank Heavens, tall people blocked my view so I at least couldn't weep at the sight of them doing the readings.  Her grandfather held a reception at his club after, and little pumpkin came to that and had all the little girls gathered around him, vying for his attention!  Cute pictures came out of that day, altho never got in one with First Communion girl. Group "Family" pics were shot with mother, father and other grandparents, but when I said I would like to be in one with her, she had had enough picture taking, and my son never spoke up.  Shame on him.

Amber, sorry to hear about the new lump.  I'm sure your vet will fit you in today to have it checked.  Poor pup.

Yesterday afternoon had a huge hawk sitting on the fence under the feeder. He was gone before I could get my camera, his back was to me, but he was much bigger than any others I have seen in the yard.  Probably has little ones to feed.

GT. gets ready for their trip to Spain and Portugal later this week.  This time they are hooking up with a tour and I know they'll much prefer this than the way they usually travel, doing their own planning and transportation.

From what I heard on the weather forecast last night, after today we can expect rain.  As usual, have a slew of errands to run.  Stomach is growling, so I'll get some breakfast, double check my list of places to go and things to buy, and be off this morning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, yeah, you can see how huge they are with DH standing at the foot, for sure.  I was nervous, but he's very skilled and experienced, thankfully, not a weekend warrier borrowing someone's chainsaw, lol.  Anyway, yes, he has already trimmed the branches off (and chipped them for mulch) and cut the trees into big logs he's moved out of the yard.  Next he'll cut them into stove-lenght pieces, split, and stack them.  You're right - it's a lot of work.  We might not have to pay money for it, but it's not free home heating fuel.

tt, how is your stomach feeling?

Oh, here's one of the cleanup effort. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning, Well, thank you, Princess, that's nice to see I was missed this week-end.  Busy couple of days - Sat was First Communion at OLA.  What a beautiful, light ceremony they do with the kids.  I remember writing about it on these boards when my GD's brother made his there.  At that one, tears streamed down my face and I had to control myself not to actually sob, between their sweet LOUD voices belting out the songs accompanied with a guitar, and their readings with their little upstretched arms.  Saturday, thank Heavens, tall people blocked my view so I at least couldn't weep at the sight of them doing the readings.  Her grandfather held a reception at his club after, and little pumpkin came to that and had all the little girls gathered around him, vying for his attention!  Cute pictures came out of that day, altho never got in one with First Communion girl. Group "Family" pics were shot with mother, father and other grandparents, but when I said I would like to be in one with her, she had had enough picture taking, and my son never spoke up.  Shame on him. Amber, sorry to hear about the new lump.  I'm sure your vet will fit you in today to have it checked.  Poor pup. Yesterday afternoon had a huge hawk sitting on the fence under the feeder. He was gone before I could get my camera, his back was to me, but he was much bigger than any others I have seen in the yard.  Probably has little ones to feed. GT. gets ready for their trip to Spain and Portugal later this week.  This time they are hooking up with a tour and I know they'll much prefer this than the way they usually travel, doing their own planning and transportation. From what I heard on the weather forecast last night, after today we can expect rain.  As usual, have a slew of errands to run.  Stomach is growling, so I'll get some breakfast, double check my list of places to go and things to buy, and be off this morning.

Good morning, all.  Glad to see you back, TT.  Sounds like you had a great, busy weekend.  I'm going up to my granddaughter's First Communion in Hartford this weekend. You must be feeling somewhat better as you're able to get out and about and do your errands.  That's good news. I hope all your test results are good and they can get to this bottom of your problems.  Kar, my husband worked for a company that manufactured the blades and saw chain for chain saws.  Yes, it can be a very dangerous job to cut down trees. Safety is a main concern there.  He didn't cut down too many trees himself but he sure did split a lot of firewood that we used in our woodstove for many years.

Obbieite

Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Obbie, so true, one can forget how dangerous it is especially when he makes it look so easy.  I got Gracie inside, though, since "timber!" isn't a word she knows!

I have no interest in going to the chiropractor this morning, but must.  And, as usual, I've left myself 20 minutes to get ready.  So, until later, ladies. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My "lurker" is back under the shrub this morning.  Haven't seen him in weeks, but he came sauntering up the walk a half hour ago and apparently the birds are oblivious to him.  Haven't seen him make a dive for any.  Cheerio's not interested, has already crawled under the coverlet of my made bed for her morning snooze.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Kar - I have been meaning to ask you (if you don't mind) - do you find a chiro helpful?  I am wondering if it may help my sore back.  Just curious on your thoughts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  I have not caught up yet, but I'm back. Worked through lunch, etc. and got a migraine.  Was so bad I wasn't in on Friday.  Took it easy then busy with baseball practice, etc.  I will get caught up now.