May 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2012

Sorry to hear you suffered with another migraine, Winter.  Do you know what is triggering them?

Fooled on my picture site and found how to "erase" (that simple) faces, so have sent a doctored pic to my GD to ask if she minds if I print it here - shows clearly my handsome GGS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I think this one was because I hadn't eaten anything but oatmeal for breakfast on Thursday.  Had some excitement yesterday morning.  Woke up the neighbors having a HUGE maple tree removed.

This is what it looks like now.  At one point the wood chipper was facing our yard, after waving my arms eventually they turned it.  Never even offered to clean up their mess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo as for the groundhogs.  We paid one price and that guarantees the removal of 4 for 6 months.  If they remove 4 and we see another it's $55 per groundhog for 6 months.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Busy weekend. Have a couple of minutes, before I leave for AP. DH just left w/ our company for a car rental. They will be going by themselves to Wrentham Outlets for the day.
    Amber, so sorry to hear about Amber's lump. Hope it is nothing serious. And no, you didn't upset me the least. Your question was very valid. I have asked myself that many times. It is a cultural thing, and Princess and mm both hit it on the nail. My BIL is so self-absorbed, he thinks the world turns around him. Plus he has a terrible temper, so if you stroke him the wrong way, he explodes. We have had quite a few scenarios, so it is better to hold our breath and not to stir up things, while they are here. But it is though. Enough about him; I am just glad, I have a place to vent. Thank you girls for listening.
    So Liz is better? What happened? I hope all is well with her baby too.
    tt, you had a busy weekend as well. But it must have been such an enjoyable one. So HH/PB is back? Where has he/she been all this time? Amazing the hawk come so close to your house; must be a spectacular sight. Pls. have your camera ready. Would love to see him close by.
    We got a beautiful new bird. I can't find him anywhere; not even in Peterson's. He is speckled brownish with a red head and red under the wings. When he flies his longish tail is all white underneath. He is the size of a pigeon. Except for the red head, one cannot see the colors, when he is just sitting, but he is gorgeous, when he takes off.
    Winter, sorry about your migraine. Are you at work today? Take a walk at lunch time and get some fresh air. It is really nice out.
    Kar, that are some trees DH felled. Lots of firewood for next year. how is the blanket coming along? Did you have a chance to work on it? Curious. Just how large do you do them? They seem to be a real good size.
    After my AP, I will be at the office - will check in later and try to catch up. Have a great day everyone - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I am at work today.  Sadly, I can't take a walk at lunch. I eat at my desk and take my lunch to pick up DS from school and drop him off at his aftershool program.  I'm hoping it stays nice out as he has a game today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back from the chiro and have a ton to put away from TJs but stopped in a minute and skimmed.

Prin, I find my current chiropractor helpful for my mid-back where I have the most issues.  However, it's been tough to find one that is.   I've been to probably 3 that weren't and had given up.  I'm spoiled after having ever been treated by my aunt, actually - no one measures up and, like any professional, they aren't all the same.  I found this one at the Worcester Home Show a couple of years ago, and I actually told him to not get his hopes up to see me after the initial discounted visit, that it would be nearly impossible to impress me.  He did so I'm still there.  Long answer, I know, but there's no short one.

Pingo, how well I understand your problem with these people.  Anyway, yes, I finished the first blanket all except for running in the ends which I'll do today.  It measures 26" x 28".  They aren't all the same size; the last one I made was bigger, but I didn't measure it.

tt, it's amazing how one missing tree opens up a place, isn't it?!  Our landscape looks so much different, too.

Ambergirl, thinking of Amber and hoping with everyone else that her lump is innocuous.

Blessings,
    ~kar  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, it's me who showed the pictures of the missing tree.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Winter, I find that most contractors are like that - they pay no attention to the convenience or inconvenience of anyone but the person who is paying them.  The woman across the street had lawn services that were terrible - they would park in front of my house.  One cleaned his lawn mower out on my lawn!  Boy did he get an earful.  And a young man working for the same service actually urinated against a tree on my lawn.  I called the police and an officer gave him an earful.  He told him to go to a gas station - and there's one less than 50 feet away.  And a man putting in a sewer line for the people across the street, again, parked in front of my house and ran over some rosebushes - I made him pay me for them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lunch is American Chop Suey.  I made a pot yesterday after I made meatloaf for dinner.  That way DH and I have something better to eat when we get home from the game at 8pm.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yeah I was a bit annoyed.  It's a good thing the pool was opened or they would have gotten an earful.  I mentioned what they did to the neightbor, her reply was well your pool isn't opened?  I wanted to say well my plants don't need the tree droppings on them.  At one point they dropped some branches over my side.  I went and threw them over the other side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, sorry - I was skimming, I admitted it early just in case. ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No problem.  My neighbor now has all this wood, she can't split it, and there is no way we can split it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Winter, it must have been an el cheapo tree removal company to leave a mess like that - any I've had rake and sweep up everything.  It certainly is going to open up more light for your yard and pool tho.  Your neighbor treated the whole thing very casually.  I'd have at least apologized for them.

Productive morning with a trip to Costco, Mothers' Day cards picked up for DILs, a gift card in Victoria's Secret, groceries at S&S, and a stop in Used Books which is closing its doors the 17th of May.  All their books are 50% off already and their kids toys 30%.  Picked up a couple of puzzles (pets and farm animals), where you lift the animal out and then put it back in the correct space -  these have a place for batteries and when you place them back in the spot, it makes the correct animal sound.  Know he's too young to do them, but thought he would get a kick out of hearing the animal sounds.  Now can't wait to see him to give them to him - won't be this week because his Nanny and Grampy are going away for a few days to celebrate their anniversary.

BTW, SS's anniversary slipped by all of us - it was this past Saturday.  Happy Anniversary, SS!

ETA:  Forgot the best part - when I got home friend of my son's was jogging by and lugged in the groceries for me.  Told him I usually pile them in a wheelbarrow and wheel them to the back door and he had a good laugh - I think he thought I was kidding!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, that is really a bargain for your exterminator. If I ever have problems, now I know, whom to turn to. That huge tree gone must give you a lot of light and less shade :( in the summer. But light is good for your yard and you don't have to worry about it falling on your roof during a storm. Too bad the contractor was so  careless. I would report him to BBB. Other people would like to know, and he will have to change his "style". Making a mess in a neighbor's yard is inexcusable IMO. And what kind of neighbor you have? She should at least have apologised or even offered to clean it up.
    Kar, not to bring up a sore point, but did you ever hear from TJ's? I didn't get to go there this weekend, but I will ask them the next time, I go there, how one can get in touch with them.
    I am starving. Think it is time for lunch. Will probably go next door with DH and get a bagel. - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I thought the price was pretty good.  It was $455 to get rid of the first four guarnteed for 6 months.  Any more then that (within the 6 months) is $55

I was surprised they didn't catch what they did with their wood chipper.  DH of course said it's not a big deal, but it was just the point.  The neighbor didn't even tell us it was happening.  Would have been nice to know I'd be woken up at 8:30 by a chainsaw.  She moved in a few months before us.   

Happy Anniversary ss.  tt, that's funny that he thought you were joking about the wheel barrel.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hm, I know tree removal is often about $1000 so you did get a bargain.  Still, though, for any price you'd think that they'd have enough pride in their name to clean up the mess.  It does take a lot of time, though, and if their prices are that low they are probably trying to squeeze too many jobs into the day to do each one right.

Pingo, no worries - I'm not sore about TJs even though I never did hear from them.  It's past the deadline so I don't see much point in talking to them and, in fact, was there myself this morning and didn't.  Oh, well.  After the contest, I'll post my recipe here and I'll be just as happy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I paid $455 for the groundhog removal.  It wasn't my tree the neighbor :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

What A beautiful day..I have been stacking wood and mowing the lawn and just staying outside all day...I think I want to try this new panini/soup place down the street for dinner...why not...I desrve it.

I changed my profile picture to one of my son as a baby...Just because its Mother's day week and...you know...I am mentally preparing for Zachary's arrival..You should know that from here on...this will be the only thing I can think of...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, so sorry!  I really shouldn't skim and post.  Embarassed

Icer, I've done those very demanding tasks - you DO deserve to go out tonight!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's ok.  :) I've been there before.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, how cute he was!  I know, Mother's Day approaching makes us think back to when our own kids were born.  Just like the First Communion made me think back and look back to all the pics I took of the new baby's mom when she made hers - she had such long beautiful hair, I'll post one of her from the back that I took because her hair was so beautiful.  She won't mind that.  Still haven't heard from her about posting the pic of her little pumpkin.

I can imagine every time the phone rings you jump, thinking it is your son saying they are headed for the hospital.  So happy for you.  Wait and see, the love and feeling of protection you will have for this baby is even different from that you felt for your own.  It's wonderful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Almost had company last night, SS and her DD.  When she read about the closing of Used Books, since she and DD are both avid readers, DD thought she might take a ride up and fill up a couple of bagfuls.  Took 6 half moons out of the freezer, frosted them, and was ready - then DD got a better offer of how to spend the evening with a friend!  Crushed, we were, SS and I.  They didn't make G.T.'s last party, so it's been a few years since we've seen each other.  The desserts won't go to waste tho, I have an anniversary gift and a b'day gift to drop over to my son's before they leave for a couple of days, so will bring the moons along, sure their teenage kids will eat them.

So glad I got all the running around done yesterday in that beautiful weather.  Know we need the rain to bring the water levels up to what they should be,  and the backyards are certainly benefiting from it, with beautiful bright greens, but I'm content to snuggle down pretty much on a day like this.  Other than getting to my son's, will go back to some shredding/cleaning, pulling together whatever else I can to be donated.  Nanny friend mentioned  a flea market an organization she belongs to is having, so instead of loading G.T. down with stuff for him to bring to their donation spot, will give her a call and see if she wants any of it. - Out of my house, into hers - for the time being.

Amber, hoping you make out alright with the dog.  If you have a chance, please post a few lines letting us know what's what.

Waffles calling to me this morning, so will get a move on.  No word yet on whether GD OK's me posting pic of her son.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I wouldn't say I jump everytime the phone rings,but I am taking my cell to bed with me...something I never do....I have been sharing baby pictures with my DIL to relieve her discomfort...she seems eager to see the pictures and also seems comforted by them...she's worried about being a good Mom...I think we've ALL been there

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: May 2012:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't say I jump everytime the phone rings,but I am taking my cell to bed with me...something I never do....I have been sharing baby pictures with my DIL to relieve her discomfort...she seems eager to see the pictures and also seems comforted by them...she's worried about being a good Mom...I think we've ALL been there
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

Definitely, all been there with worries about being a good Mom - and Dad.  I remember my youngest saying to me when his wife was pregnant with their 2nd, "I love XXX so much, I'm afraid I won't be able to love this new baby as much."  Never happened.  I tried to tell him that, but until that baby was born and he held her in his arms, he couldn't fathom that he would feel just as much love for this new little baby as he did for their first.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Don't I know about not thinking you are a good enough mom.  I get those feelings a lot, which I'm sure is expected.  

DS' team won last night.  Better is that my DS got his first hit of the season and then he scored.  He's scored before this season but it's so much better when you get a hit.