May 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2012

Congrats to you son, Winter.  Sounds as tho his team is doing great.  Makes going to all the practices worthwhile to be in the stands and see them make a hit that drives a run home.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

congrats winter...so happy for you and DS...I remember those days too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Icer your son was a cutie.  Thanks for the kind words ladies.  I may have cheered a little too much yesterday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: May 2012:
    [QUOTE]Icer your son was a cutie.  Thanks for the kind words ladies.  I may have cheered a little too much yesterday. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

been there!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He did mention it to me.  :) I told him I'd try to hold back next time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]He did mention it to me.  :) I told him I'd try to hold back next time. 

Yeah, I seem to remember, all the shouting is OK (with them) as long as you don't call out their name!  THEN, embarrassment big time - (that's my mother).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh it was worse.  I was so excited I hugged him.  It's hard not too though, just yesterday he was my little babe. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

Just skimmed the posts.  So busy yesterday with my new tenants moving in.  But that was nice for a change.  Helped them out some more this morning.  Amber is due for a Kennel cough in June, so vet recommened bringing her in then and he will check out the lump at the same time.  Will save me money on 2 visits.  It is small now, but just don't like the feel of it, it is def different than the other ones on her body. The first available Saturday is June 19th, so have an appt for then.  DD is sick with strep throat.  I hope she didn't give it to me when I seen her last. I have had that before and it is not fun. Stay dry everyone.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Nice to hear from you Amber.  You were missed yesterday. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Winter : ) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,
    tt, that was too bad, SS's DD cancelled. Which used book store is closing? If I have time, I may take a look. Sounds like you are feeling better though. You must be anxious for Thursday to be over. But you know, we are all rooting for a good outcome.
    What a handsome baby your son was, Icer. Cute of you to show your DIL his baby pictures. It gives some idea of, how little Zack will look. Wish I had some of DH's baby pictures.
    Nothing new from the Pingo household. I feel I am loading and unloading the dishwasher constantly these days. TG for the convenience though. Company is  going to Natick Mall today, as it is pouring out. I almost fainted this morning. BIL asked me to make a reservation for dinner out for the 4 of us. Couldn't accept faster than the speed of light. Maybe he is human after all. In some 43 years never happened before. No explosions yet. But I am sure they will come.
    Will be leaving for my office in a few. Will check in later. - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congrats Winter on your DS first hit. Don't worry, it is so hard to keep emotions at bay. Been there too. There will be more tears and hugs of happiness as he grows up. I was crying my eyes out, when our son got "hooded" for his PhD. I just couldn't contain my tears of happiness - and just let them flow. And believe me, I was not the only one. Lots of mothers and dads with hankies.
    Hopefully your son's eam will have a great season. - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Oh it was worse.  I was so excited I hugged him.  It's hard not too though, just yesterday he was my little babe. 

A HUG???  OMG.  That's the kiss of death!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, the Used Books at the Square One Mall is the one closing.  I think their others are staying open because on the bottom of my receipt was $2.00 to spend at one of their other locations.  Told my son about it when I dropped the gifts off today.  He's always got a book open.

Saw the pictures my GD took the day of the First Communion.  They came out great.  Hope I'll be able to get copies of some of them.  Seeing as I plied them with the half moons that would have gone to SS, maybe I will!

Sorry you have to wait a month for Amber's checkup, Amber.  That gives you a lot of time for worrying that perhaps could be put to rest before then (you say you don't like the feel of it).

Well, Y&R is over, I have hamburg to separate and freeze.  Thinking maybe I'll bake up some meatballs and then have some in just a beef broth.  Not sure I have any breadcrumbs.  Have gotten out of the habit of both cooking and baking, so not too much in the mood to brown up and season my own crumbs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I hope we get to see the picture of your GGS tt.  He must be getting big : )  The vet doesn't believe there will be much of a change from now to then, but if there is I am to make an earlier appointment.  I am a natural worry wart and trying to stop that. So funny I defrosted hamburgs last night.  Been craving a cheeseburger, so will grill one up for dinner when I get home.  Windy out now and much colder.  Really can't wait for the warm weather to come again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I'm chilled to the bone.  Cheerio has disappeared under my coverlet on my bed again.  Came out long enough to beg for some lunch, then she's off again.

My son has a mini dober pincher who was up in my lap when I was over there and I thought Cheerio would freak out, but no, she just sniffed as tho, "oh yeah, a dog."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I didn't know that about the mini dober or I missed it. What is he/she called? Do you have any pictures? They are adorable too.  How is Reese doing?  Just the cutest thing ever : )  Cheerio has the right idea getting under cover. I am chilly even in my office.  I know it is hard for the building to regulate this time of year with all the fluctulations in temp. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I know tt.  But I think I'm allowed one pass.  I hope it the bump doesn't get any bigger Amber.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I hope not too...   her age is def catching up with things going wrong a lot.  Her athritis has been kicking up with all this damp weather too.  Poor dog... : (  Winter I want everyone to read 11/22/63!  Don't you?  I am def reading on the train going home and then before bed. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I think you would all enjoy it.  It's not a typical King book.  I'm almost done Amber, one more chapter I believe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wow!!  I better get moving! LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't know that about the mini dober or I missed it. What is he/she called? Do you have any pictures? They are adorable too.  How is Reese doing?  Just the cutest thing ever : )  Cheerio has the right idea getting under cover. I am chilly even in my office.  I know it is hard for the building to regulate this time of year with all the fluctulations in temp. 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Here is a Christmas pic of GiGi (dober) and Freya (other GD's mastiff - when she was a pup and she could still hold her!)

Won't let me add picture on Chrome, and I have tried repeatedly to login and even reregister on IE and it keeps throwing up the same old registration questionnaire to me.  So, I guess no pics, even if GD says OK about baby.  Sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I do remember the Mastiff's picture.  Stinks the issue has not been resolved with the posting of pictures.  Seems to take forever for them to rectify anything : (

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi All,  nice to read (a lot) of your posts.  Still buried at work, but what can ya do.

Icer - you must be so excitied!  Cut profile pic!

After much discussion and thought, DH and I have agreed that we really should go for another Boston Terrier, rather than a Boxer.  Atlhough my heart will always be with Boxers (don't tell Spencer), they really do have so many health issues.  Plus, Spencer seems really lonely and we think he would love another 'lil guy to play and pal around with!  So, we have contacted the woman who connected us with Spencer (Friends of Homeless Animals) and are in the "running" to adopt a BT in need of a home.  We have a few possibilities but we basically said we just want one that will get along with other dogs, and is within driving distance so we can pick it up, as we are strongly against "shipping" dogs.  Very exciting!

Hostessing Mother's Day at my house on Sunday.  What are all you "Mom's" out there doing?  Hopefully nothing but what YOU want!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I do remember the Mastiff's picture.  Stinks the issue has not been resolved with the posting of pictures.  Seems to take forever for them to rectify anything : (
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was a different one taken that same day with both in it.  However - - -