May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2013

Pingo, I'd buy powdered sugar, but since DH only does well with the coconut sugar I figured I'd try powdering it.  The buttercream is smooth and creamy so I'm happy.  He said they were the best cupcakes he's ever had, in fact!  And, they don't give him a problem, most importantly.  They aren't good for diabetes, though, I assume, although, I don't know the glycemic index of coconut vs cane or beet sugar.

Great idea to pack cruise snacks!  TJ's has that fabulous snack wall with mixes of all yummy sorts; I shop it often for DH's work snacks.  

Too bad your hip is acting up, now of all times!!  I hope you can rest it and do the therapy exercises enough to get it back under control pronto.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in and had a bonanza of a day at Job Lots.  Love that store.  Couldn't even possibly list all I got for $47.

Pingo, I think once you relax without all the pressure of knowing all you have to get done - I'll bet your hip eases up.  My back stood me tall, is hurting now, but that's because I've been standing mostly for 2 1/2 hours.  Wish there had been a hamburger drive through on the way home where I could have picked up a ready made lunch.  Couldn't make it over the Deli by the time I got out of Job Lots, just needed to sit.  I hope you'll be on again before leaving tomorrow.  I've got to get a cold drink and toss a quick salad together.  Then this afternoon it will be more reading outdoors for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Job Lot is fantastic, if you hit it right. Good your trip was worth is with your aching back. I am doing a bit better now. And I believe you are right, stress may have something to do with it too. It started last night; worse this morning. That those cleaning ladies postponed, is a blessing. Don't know, what I would have done w/ them around today.
    Didn't have to go to the registry after all. I called my ins. agent to ask, what I exactly had to do. He told me to fax him the letter, and he would take care of it. Since, I had to go out anyway, I dropped it off at his office, which is only 5 minutes away. I had visualized myself spending the afternoon in the registry. Yeah!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just came in, was sitting outside in my new chair I bought, reading about 3/4's through the book.  Took out some thin sliced chicken to make a cheese/chicken dish for supper.

Hope you have a wonderful week on the cruise, Pingo.  I'm sure you will.  Wonderful that you have a special someone to share things with.  We will miss you, and wait to hear all about your adventures at sea.  Once you're on board, give a big sigh and just think, 'relax' relax' relax'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, where are you going on the cruise? My mom heads out in 2 weeks. Her cruise leaves from Denmark and does to St. Petersburg German and Switzerland and somewhere else. What a pretty day outside. tt, we hit Job Lots up a couple of weeks ago, we got new cushions for the deck chairs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I will, I will I will, tt. The best part of the cruise is, we sail off from Boston. No airport and no airlines to deal with.
    I have down loaded 6 books on my kindle. I hope to get a lot of reading on the sun deck in (in the shade though).
    I know, I am blessed to have someone special to share things with. And believe me, I do count my blessings every single day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, that is an awesome cruise your mom is going on. We were invited to go w/ friends last year, but had to decline as DH's brother and SIL were coming for a visit in the same time frame. We saw their photos, and wish we had been able to join them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Boston to Bermuda?  My SIL and her hubby did that one last year for their 25th anniversary and had a great time.  You will definitely forget your troubles after you're in your sun hat on the deck with a nice margarita in hand. :)

I've never been to Job Lots...sounds like I should put it on the list.

indeed, a gorgeous day!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Let me know how the cruise you are going on is, we may take DS next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just an FYI about SS.  She cannot login/register to post.  Hasn't been able to for a few days now.  She can get on the forums page and read our posts, but said she is told she is there illegally when she tries to sign in.  I thought we were all done with that.  Can't imagine what happened.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's what happened to me in TX.  They didn't recognize my username and pw. Illegal log in. Is SS using a different computer? DS could have fixed it by setting me up w/ a new profile, but I didn't want to change ME, just because of some stupid problems w/ BDC. Fortunately everything was straightened out, when I got back home.
    tt, please tell SS, we miss her here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gosh, I'd have bet the farm it was the bombing news traffic that was the problem - that's terrible they've gone backwards with the login issue for real.  I hope she can get in, again, soon.  Until then, let SS know she's in our thoughts, thanks, tt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm waiting for some rain - just a few showers - I scratched the soil, spread some grass seed in and scratched the soil again.  Don't want to have to try to drag the hose out.  It got so dark I was sure it would rain, but weatherman on TV says rain clouds are too high and are drying up as they fall down through dry air.  Please????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, yes, DH is having heart failure having planted a bunch in the garden last weekend, and there's stilllll not enough rain in the forecast!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

No rain here, and none forecast any time soon.  By late morning I'm sure the birds will have discovered this lovely seed that someone scattered - for them!

Much to do today.  Funny how we do all this cleaning/preparation when we're having some work done.  Repainting of toyroom ceiling is tomorrow, so want to clear out as much as I can to make it easier for them to move ladder around.

Today is my oldest GD's birthday, when I stop and realize  how old she is, I feel like a dinosaur.  In a couple of months she and Lilly's Mom will be going to a wedding that's being  held in  Hawaii, so that'll be her great birthday present.

Need some fruit and stuff at the grocery today.   Enjoyed my little 3 serving chicken/cheese casserole I threw together.  Even put leftover mashed potatoes in it and that rounded it off nicely.  Leftovers for supper tonight.

Have some birthday cards to get that I haven't been able to find yet.  I'm running out of stores to look.  A couple of things I bought yesterday have to be returned, one a book I picked up to put in cookie baking GD's birthday bag - great story, but didn't realize girl in book is 13 and very interested in finding a boyfriend.  My little one will be turning 9 and really not interested in that yet - more interested in baking and playing WAR with cards.

Dying for my cup of coffee.  Still on the lookout for the lawn guys, don't know exactly what day they'll be mowing, so showered and dressed early these days.   Hope everyone has a good Friday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

testing.. i am having trouble here

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to icer's comment:

testing.. i am having trouble here

We see you, Icer!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I am as ready as can be for the cruise w/o DH here. He left for the office at 5. One of our employees will give us a ride to the terminal. So nice not to have to worry about that and checking flights.
    We are thinking sunny Bermuda, but it is not. The temps will only be in the 60tieth. Great temperature for me, but not for sun lovers. So I packed some long sleeve tops and a couple of fleeces. It is also raining a lot, even though it looks like we are lucky, that it will be sunny the 3 days we are at dock. It is cold on the ocean, so I don't think there will be much swimming in the ocean or the ship's pool. But I don't really care about that. Looking forward to be waited on for 7 days, and to see some good shows. Bringing my brushes and water colors in case I get the urge to use them. And I have loaded up my kindle. Besides, there is plenty of other things to do on the boat.
    I am finally realizing, that we are going. The packed suitcases prove it.
    If I don't get back on, before we leave - have a good week everyone. Not sure I will be able to check in from there, and with all the trouble I had in TX, it may not be worth it.
    I will miss you.
    Ship Ahoy! The anker is being pulled.

ETA. One last thing. I woke up completely painfree this morning. Yeah!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Paint us a picture of Bermuda!  so pretty.  Have fun!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You will love it, if you haven't been there already, Pingo.  We stayed at the beautiful pink hotel not far from where your ship will dock.  Remember walking along the boulevard admiring that huge ship.  Lots of nice little shops.  BEAUTIFUL flowers and tree frogs and birds' songs you haven't heard before.  Three days in dock is plenty to explore.  We'll miss you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I too wish it would rain, even a little. We planted last Saturday and it would be easier if it would rain instead of lugging the hose out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Winter.  So far the birds haven't discovered my grass seed - only a matter of time.  Funny day, sun keeps going in and out.  Had planned to run out, but instead spread on some arthritis cream, put on old work around clothes, and am tackling the toyroom.  Did sit down a few minutes ago and read some more.  Trying to pace myself, because I really do not want to finish the book, I'm enjoying it so, and becoming fond of the characters.

Left a message on GD's email and a song on her home phone.  Hope she has a good day.  Sure she is going out to lunch with her Dad and Mom if mom has the day off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Pingo, have a nice trip. As I said we are thinking of going next summer (July or August) and bringing DS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

It's May, folks.  Started a May thread.

Sure is, the 3rd....I can't figure out what happened, but I pressed the button I've always been pressing and this time it told me to log in....yippee....Winter, I love your fence, what a difference......folks in back of me put one up, but wood color and now it looks lousy, yours will look nice forever!!  Can't believe it, Mr. and I will be married 56 yrs on the 5th....he doesn't want to do anything, I've been trying to talk him into going out for dinner, maybe I can talk him into going for an ice cream, we have a placee a couple of towns over that make thir own....I can almost taste it.

Hope you don't mind, SS, I copied and pasted the above post that you posted in April.  Good work getting logged in, now just focus on getting into the May 2013 thread !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Thanks tt, wondered how that got here.....so far so good, will try and post again tomorrow, looks like Icer is having trouble now, what are they doing, letting us have turns...ss