May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: May 2013

tt, he does seem happy with it. Not so much with all the work that needs to be done to assemble it, but he does seem proud of it. Keeps asking me when we can eat the peas. We'll have to go out and buy the supplies (poster board, glue stick, colored paper, etc) this weekend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Might find that stuff at Job Lots.  I get canvases for GGD painting there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gosh, a lot to catch up on this morning - I couldn't get in before my chiropractic appt and TJ's run, but just returned.

so, good morning, all!

miscricket, the tater tacos are tacos with baked potato instead of corn shells.  DH doesn't do well with corn.  I like TJ's taco seasoning and made that recipe with minced mushrooms cooked down to ground beef consistency for "meat", sargento's shredded taco seasoned cheese, sour cream, and scallions.  But, you can make tater tacos any way you like tacos!

graduation...ugh, that definitely brings us to NH for one of the cousin's kids.  Big party, everyone invited.

prin, glad you will have the help you need - sounds like an exhausting weekend although, hopefully, fun for you and everyone.

winter, that went by super fast!  I'm glad he has a clear difference to write and hypothesize about for his project that makes it interesting.

tt, you need to set up a motion detector alarm out there in Harry's bushes!  ;)

I've put the cold stuff away, but need to get to the rest and then maybe to the diner for lunch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Kar, I think you missed a question in the Re: Quinoa Black Bean Chili thread.

Just trying to be helpful, ignore me if I'm incorrect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, actually the plants have changed. The organic soil one is know taller then the other, and is starting to look just as green, so the writing of it should be interestring!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I will check them out. I know I have to get the big thicker poster board at Staples or Office Depot, but I will try Job Lots for the other supplies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It was just a suggestion.  No sense running all over the place, might as well pick it all up at one place.  What you saved in price you would spend in gas and time.

Thinking now of getting an umbrella table with chairs.  Have always wanted one, and thinking of possibly having GD's party here, gives me added incentive to keep a check on sales.  Of course, now I get no sales flyers!  haha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Interesting, indeed, Winter!

tt, absolutely, sales are in order for lawn furniture - what a racket!  So over-priced, generally, imo.  GL finding what you are looking for!  Maybe cts?

eta:  robin, yes, I had - thanks for calling it to my attention! 

rama, if it seems like I'm ignoring you, come to cc, and I'll see it. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'd like to stop in at Job Lots anyway. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

What a terrific day, love the warm sun on my back while I sit and read.  Board meeting this AM, they always have rolls and things from BJ's, brought home a bag of nice big rolls, perfect for sandwiches for lunch....Mr. didn't want any dinner yesterday, so I'm cooking the roast beef tonite.....he didn't want to go fo icecream either, so daughter,her children and I went.....got a sundae....chocolate walnut  icecream, hot fudge sauce,marshmallow with a cherry on top......Mothers Day??  All will be coming here, Kentucky Fried Chicken is on the menu, a couple aren't too happy with that, but its my day and thats what I want, along with a nice chocolate cake and a drink.....I'll provide tonic,juice,milk,lemonade and water....every one helps themself....nana doesn't wait on anyone that day.  Had to sign in again today, but at least I'm here..Enjoy the day all, ss

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

KFC is one of my secret favorites, SS.  I could eat a whole bucket of that chicken by myself!  I think anyone "not happy" is hiding the thrill of being "forced" to eat fried chicken. :)  Mr. didn't want dinner or ice cream?  Is he ill?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ham and eggs for supper here.

SS, you guys probably had a swell time anyway.  Sounds good to me, and I know you love your Kentucky Fried.

Too cool to sit out here today.  Opened the back door 2 or 3 times thinking I'd sit out.  If there hadn't been that breeze I might have.

Bringing the car in to have an oil change tomorrow.  Wednesday will have to be the day I get out there and find GD's birthday present.

Still no grass cutters.  Hate to complain, but come on, pretty soon I'll be the house in the neighborhood who needs the grass cut the most!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It got warmer and warmer all day here - at lunch it was too cool to sit out, but it got up to 73, warm enough to walk Gracie without a fleece, yay!

No cutters yet?  You'd think it would be easier in this economy to find someone.  Maybe your oil change will go quickly and you can poke around tomorrow, too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Kargiver,

What about your husband going to his mother's on mother day by himself, so his brother can't get into a raging screaming fit for your benefit (he sounds like a real joy)?  I can't imagine you'd be offended by that, and he would probably enjoy his visit with his mother and not have to worry about your being upset - not that you'd do this all the time, but for mother's day? It's a thought.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Offended?  I'd love to stay put; I get diaphoretic just thinking about going.  It's complicated, but I appreciate your thoughts, truly, thanks.  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning ,

Dropping car off at the garage this morning, while I take care of other appts.  If time allows, will birthday gift hunt.  Heard it might get up into the 80's this afternoon.  Here's hoping -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good luck out there with the car and gift, tt!

my town friend is coming over at 9:30 for tea and chat, not a walk this time.  This afternoon I'll walk Gracie.  Yes, here's hoping it is warm!  We're getting off to a gorgeous start.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Busy day today, we have an event on Thursday night, so I am getting stuff ready for that. Sorry you don't have cutters there yet, tt. DH did mow our front lawn on Sunday. We don't have anything to mow in the back, because of the pool, so that's nice. Hope everyone has a great morning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Another beautiful day.....warm out, yeah  Love the heat....ss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Kar, Mr ss has alzheimers and rarely wants to do much of anything...sits in front of TV 24/7, its not good for him and I do force (??) him to get up and out every so often, he does drive and I go with him as  I'm afraid he would get lost....ss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, goodness, SS, I'm sorry to hear that but thankful to know you live your life and enjoy it with dear family and friends even if he can't be with you.  It must be beyond difficult.

Winter, Thursday isn't far off - so nice to have something fun to look forward to.  How is the project coming along?  I thought of something that DS might want to watch before writing his report, a well done (imo) documentary on the difference between organic and non-organic farming and food. I think it would really help him flesh out a great report by giving him more to talk about than the height of his plants.  It's called "The Future of Food" and is free to stream from the web and is also in netflix.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Looks like we are going to get some well needed rain today.  My lawn will be happy!

Nothing too exciting going on here.  Busy at work, but that's good.  I like to be busy and just love my "new" job.

Spencer is just the happiest dog in the world now that he is an "only child."  I'm sure the fact that he his so spoiled helps, but it's nice to see.  You can almost see him smiling!

Still keep in touch with Tillie's new family and actually went to visit her.  The family loves her and she looks like she is thriving.  She saw my DH and jumped right from the floor directly into his arms (big jump for a little dog)!  We are happy we made the best decision and everything worked out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Foggy here, but no rain as yet.  

Glad you got to visit Tillie again, princess.  That must have brought a tear to your eye when she jumped into your husband's arms.  As you say tho, it was the best decision for both dogs, especially Spencer.

Traffic is being diverted down our street and it makes for a steady stream of cars.  Disconcerting because this street usually isn't this noisy.  I'm hoping Harry doesn't try to make it across.

Didn't have time yesterday to gift hunt, so may go out this morning, and pick up food items I need for Sunday, as well.  We're down to 4 for lunch, the others stopping by earlier in the morning, before work and basketball.  Lunch menu is still the same.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!  

princess, that's so heartwarming - what a relief for every creature involved.

no poking after the oil change, tt?  I hope your shopping parade doesn't get rained on today...just the lawn. :)

DH won't be home tonight; he's driving to tomorrow's meeting destination from work tonight.  So, Gracie will be out of her head until she resigns herself to daddy's not coming home.  And, guess what I'll be having for dinner!  Chicken Chow Mein, Hot and Sour Soup, and an eggroll - I know, you are stunned, lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Kar, I'm not attending the work function, just doing alot of stuff for it.

So I need to find something to place in the pots so the pea plants don't droop. Pencils are too short and not sure what else I can use.

Hope you find what you are looking for your birthday gift tt. Have a good morning out and about.

Sections
Shortcuts