May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2013

When you're in Job Lots, poke in the gardening dept.  You might find dowels that they use for supporting house plants, or some other form of support offered there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I should have guessed it was a work thing, Winter - I thought it was a fun personal thing to look forward to.  What about a ruler for the peas; kill two birds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt. Kar, we already have a ruler in there, but there are three plants now in each pot now. :) Organic on the left, regular on the right. The organic one is wrapped around the ruler, that one is bigger.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Always can depend on B&N for kids' gifts, and I love to get what cards I can there - they're different.  Ended up in the Paper Store for a music card for GD (I'll pay the $8 for one for her because she gets such a kick out of them and looks forward to them now).  Also picked up a gift card in there for my DIL's birthday.  Was going to get her one of those Alex and Ani bracelets, but what with her birthday and mother's day, thought she might get one from her kids.  This way she can pick out what she wants.

Too hungry, much too hungry to go from there to a grocery store!  I'd have bought out the place.  Will stop for a bite to eat and then will either be sure I stock up and spend $50 to get the $5 off, or if it's after Thursday, will be sure I get only what I need which will be well below $50.

Would love a big salad, but I used the last of the lettuce yesterday.  Let me see - - -

ETA:  Winter, those plants look so healthy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt. Sounds like you had a nice shopping trip. Lunch sounds good now, let's see what I'm having.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Did a week's running around in half a day - this morning B&N, 5 Below, and the Paper Store, and then home to eat lunch (remembered I had made a bowl of macaroni salad yesterday), and up to S&S for my grocery shopping, including the $5 off $50.  AND, home in time to switch on the beginning of Y&R at 12:30!  Pretty darn good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wow tt, you were busy. Hope you enjoyed Y&R.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Tt..not sure if you heard yet...Mrs. C died...I know she was one of your favorites..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, Icer.  I hadn't.  Was it on the news today?  Must have been sudden unless they shoot scenes way ahead of time, because she was just on, this week, I think, with a brain tumor that had been removed - in the plot, that is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

kill two birds.

What? Is pingo's home under attack again? Why didnt somebody tell me?

pingo, sit tight. I'll be over with my gear within the hour

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She's not here, Ache.  Gone on a cruise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, someone needs to protect her estate while she is away. Might as well be me. I'm clearly the most qualified

Shame on you for not alerting me to this sooner, trumpet

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She didn't want us to bother you with this, Ache.  She knows you have many business ventures.  However, I do think your offer to keep an eye on her estate while she is away is a good one.  Otherwise, she might come home to a place overrun with those ugly birds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ache, so weird, I was just thinking of you today!  

I made a big spur of the moment decision to go to Boston with Gracie and see the tulips.  We had a fabulous time.  I have a few really awesome shots that look like ads for Boston...can't seem to post them in time to do so before dinner.

More later...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I had a pheasant land in my back yard about a month ago. He kept going back and forth, back and forth along the fence...like he was trapped inside a cage and couldnt get out. It was pretty funny to watch. After about ten minutes of this nervous pacing, he must have had a light bulb moment, ie, he remembered he was a bird, and suddenly flew out from his imagined onfinement and into my neighbor's yard

Anyway, seeing him made me think of pingo

Hi, Kar!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We used to have pheasants come up from the pond into our yard all the time.  They're not very graceful creatures in flight.  Ours would just barely make the top of the fence.  When the boys were small and getting ready for school one morning, one was blinded by the sun's reflection in the bedroom window and flew right through the window into the room.  We closed the bedroom door, and after about 20 minutes it found its way back out through the broken window.  There was just a little smidgin of blood on one of the broken shards.  When my home insurance adjustor came out and we told him the story - - he just sort of got a crooked grin on his face and said, "Ok, I'll write it up."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tried to post a photo of Gracie in front of the yellow and red tulips...it got pasted into the box but disappeared upon posting.

Hi, ache!  I was thinking about Tankini Day, actually, and wondering where and how you've been. :)

and, speaking of birds, I snapped a great one of a goose family with 4 goslings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

We used to have pheasants come up from the pond into our yard all the time.  They're not very graceful creatures in flight.  Ours would just barely make the top of the fence.  When the boys were small and getting ready for school one morning, one was blinded by the sun's reflection in the bedroom window and flew right through the window into the room.  We closed the bedroom door, and after about 20 minutes it found its way back out through the broken window.  There was just a little smidgin of blood on one of the broken shards.  When my home insurance adjustor came out and we told him the story - - he just sort of got a crooked grin on his face and said, "Ok, I'll write it up."

Great story, trumpet

I post about a pheasant in my backyard, and barely six minutes later, youre like, "Big whoops. I had a pheasant who took a header through my damn window!"

Always gotta one-up me, dont ya?

Wow, youre something else

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Kar

You know I wrote a song about Tankini Day that I never posted. It was to "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini". I forget how it goes. I think I still have it lying around somewhere

Happy belated birthday btw to Gracie the Dog. She turned 4 last week

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Up before 6:00 this morning, and in time to see my little Harry out there.  He's such a funny cat, talks away.  Came right up to the back door, but when I opened it, Cheerio took one look, hissed, and stared him down.

I heard a little rain during the night, but nothing like what was promised.  Expected to get up to a drenching rain this morning.

News is filled with the terrible things that happened to those 3 kidnapped girls.  I'm sure others, like me, can think of many things they would like to see happen to their captor.

Don't expect to go out today, really thought it was going to be a stormy day, so planned to get everything done yesterday so I could stay in today.  Got in ingredients to make hermits.  DIL's birthday is today, and funny as it is with the stomach problems she has,  they are one thing she seems to be able to manage in small doses.  Think as long as I have an early start on the day, will get around and make up a batch, to give a few along with her present.

Well, I know the secret is not to sit at this computer for any length of time first thing in the morning.  One, maybe two games of MahJong, and then I'm at the baking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's not very often someone "one ups you", Ache.  If you feel I did, I'll give myself a pat on the back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

ache, I hope you find the Tankini Day diddy.  Thanks re Gracie - how did you recall she's 4?  Have you been lurking or did you actually know?  I wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter.

tt, happy birthday to DIL!  I know she'll appreciate your hermits; I remember they are on the short list of goodies she can enjoy without trouble.

indeed, we got so little rain that it's impossible for me to estimate from looking at the pitiful amount in the rain garage.  Like you say, tt, they were WAY off with their 1/2" prediction.  

I did NOTHING around the house yesterday so have to get myself in gear today.  Top on the list is cleaning out the fridge...what a mess!

I'll also get on the computer and put the photos from yesterday on shutterfly so I can hopefully post them here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Expectant mother whose baby shower I went to a couple of week-ends ago, has been in labor since early yesterday morning.  Talk of a C-Section today.  Due date they had given her was the first of June, but as the time got closer, dr. felt she would go in sooner, and she did.  Please keep her and baby in your thoughts and prayers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, a month early...will hold them in prayer.

just leaving a breakfast place with wi-fi...bye for now