May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: May 2013

Happy Friday folks!  Such a gorgeous day - at least it looks that way through the window. 

Congrats to new baby and family.  Such a wondeful time when a new baby arrives.  As for pumpkin's family, I think it is great that they all pitch in to help.  It's true that it "takes a village".  Pumpkin's parents are lucky.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms - including the doggy Moms!!   I'm excited to celebrate my first official Mother's Day on Sunday.  No grand plans - just out to eat.  DH said to pick anyplace I wanted, so I picked a newer local place that has unbelievable desserts!  My plan will be salad or split a dish with my Mom, and then a huge something yummy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy Mothers' Day, Novem, and all the other Moms on board.  Hope everyone gets to do just what they want on Sunday that will make a happy Mother's day for them.  So happy the baby arrived in time for her mother on Mother's Day.  Plans don't have to be grand, pumpkin's mom is so pleased that her DH suggested a trip to the zoo and then a drive for an ice cream.  He tried to think of something she and the baby would enjoy, and that means a lot.

Lawn has been cut.  Wisteria is in bloom, and big, fat bees buzzing all through it.

Looking at my pantry shelves, decided I have the makings for a tray of lasagna for supper tonight.  Will leave plenty to replenish my freezer.

So nice, may take my collapsible chair and sit out back.  Not really enjoying latest book I started, so will hunt the bookshelves for a re-read.

If I'm not on again, everyone have a great week-end.  Hope son gets his soccor game in, Winter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello everyone, I am back.
    Missed you all so much. Had a fabulous trip, but so nice to be back. Docked this morning at 9:00 am. Can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight.
    I emptied our suitcases and the washer and dryer are going high speed.
    We lucked out on the weather. Bermuda had a lot of rain recently, but we had 3 very sunny days, while at port.
    ss, congratulations on your 56's anniversary. And tt, congratulations on your new baby in your extended family.
    I skimmed the forums. Lots of reading I had to do. You girls have been really busy.
    Icer, love your new avatar. Hard to believe, Zack has grown so much.
    Princess, I am so happy for you, that you find Tillie to be happy and well adjusted with her new family. So nice, she didn't forget you.
    Kar, your trip to Boston w/ Gracie looked so successful. What pictures! Thanks for sharing. Sorry, you ran our of yarn for your newest project. Can you possibly make borders with different colors? Sorry, you have to put up w/ BIL on Mother's Day. So do I. They will arrive tmw., and we will be "sisters-in-pain". Only yours will only last for a day; mine will last for a week plus. :(
    tt, what is happening w/ GT? GT's party? Birthday, anniversary? Re: your birth bath. Could you possibly use one of the larger plastic saucers used for plants?
    Winter, just a thought re the peas. From which angle does the sun come? Maybe the one that is larger gets more sun than the other. It is really an interesting project, and I am glad it was so successful.
    Ache, thanks for being concerned in regard to "my" turkeys. They are back of course. Bring a tent and a sling-shot, and you could camp out in my yard and get rid of them. My town doesn't allow it, but I wouldn't tell anyone.

Winter, since you asked, I will give you more specifics about the cruise later. Right now, i have to go and put the third load in my dryer. More to go.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Welcome back, Pingo.  So good to see your post.

I'm not sure what you mean about G.T.'s party/anniversary???  Sometimes my fingers type faster than my thoughts, so maybe I mislead you somewhere?

Glad you had good weather.  When we went, we had one or two days of sun for youngest son to play golf, and then socked in with rain, so we left earlier than expected.  We had flown down tho from Boston,  so changing return time was not that big a problem.

You're hoping right into the fire, so to speak, Pingo with your company arriving tomorrow.  Hope you do have a nice Mother's Day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thinking now of getting an umbrella table with chairs.  Have always wanted one, and thinking of possibly having GD's party here, gives me added incentive to keep a check on sales.  Of course, now I get no sales flyers!  haha

tt, this is what I was responding to. ????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"GD"  Granddaughter's graduation party,

not "G.T."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Aha! That makes a lot more sense. Sorry, I am still in vacation mood. Or maybe the scent of laundry detergent is getting to me. I am on my 5th load.
    Having my cleaners coming tmw. morning, I m trying to get everything in it's place. I am nervous. Please wish me luck.

PS. Before we left, I saw Ann & Hope had lawn furniture for very good prices.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. Doggy ones too. Pingo, glad you had a nice weather, looking forward to a bigger update later on. tt, glad you had your grass cut. How was the guy? I'll be headed out in a few minutes. Talk to you all later.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, I do wish you good luck with the cleaning ladies tomorrow.  Such confusion, with your company coming the same day.

I should have gone to the door when the lawn guy came, but when I first saw the truck stop, and looked out, it was a couple of Mexican workers got out, and I thought, Oh, that must be his crew.  He must not do the actual mowing.  Then when they were getting ready to leave, I saw someone who I imagine is the man my son spoke to about cutting the lawn.  Too late then.  I'll have to make a point of catching them and introducing myself next time.

Sunday plans are expanding/changing.  New baby and fam live only one town over, so latest plan is for G.T., partner and his mother to come here for dinner, and then leave to go visit with the baby.  I'm hoping they will plan to come back here for dessert.  Newton son will be very restless once his brother (G.T.) takes off.  This may prove to be a very short Mother's Day visit all around.

Kargiver, have your plans finalized?  Hearing now there may be scattered showers on Sunday too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Have a huge pot of American chop suey, only with ground chicken, simmering on the stove.  Experimenting with Rachel Ray's ingredient she seems to add to a lot of things - nutmeg.  Sprinkled in a bit as the meat was browning.  Plenty of time in the morning to do a taste test after all the ingredients have had a chance to mingle and add whatever, perhaps a splash of hot sauce.  Other things, brown rice skillet, macaroni, chicken legs, and rolls and dessert will all be made in the morning.

Hoping to catch GD in at some point this morning to bring over her birthday gifts.  I'll wait another half hour before calling.  Glad to see it clearing off.

Hope your ladies are either there or about to come, Pingo.  Good to get it done, perhaps before company comes.  Will be hard to stay out of their way with 4 people roaming around.  Let me know how you make out and what you think of their work.  I washed my own floor yesterday, but with the older mop which is easier to squeeze.  Looks pretty good.

Got to check the stove.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Had a good night's sleep. Nothing is better than you own bed.
    Now waiting for my cleaning crew to show up. They were supposed to be here 15 minutes ago. I have butterflies in my stomach. Never had anyone come to "deep clean" before. Will certainly let you know, how it went.
    Have to get out to get ingredients for a veggie lasagna. Any suggestions? Me thinking of mushrooms and spinach. Will use those no cook lasagna pasta and store bought tomato sauce. Then a salad and bought garlic bread to go with. Not a menu to my liking, but hey! I need to make it easy for myself. At least for today.

Crew just showed up. There are 5 of them. Guess I am going to be displaced in my own home today. Did most of my laundry yesterday, now will hunker down in my laundry room to do the ironing. DH left early this morning. When he gets back, he will be here with my "angels" and I can go shopping for necessities for my BIL's arrival. He will be here late afternoon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Gosh, you could put most any veggie you like in it, not all together, of course, but asapargus, broccoli, pepper.  Mushroom and spinach sounds good too, I'd add a little onion to that.

How do your cleaning ladies seem?  Are they all doing different rooms or working on each room together?

Called GD around 9:15 and she said, "Oh, we're just getting ready to come over.  We'll be "over in a bit".  Love the way she talks.  Picks up the lingo from the adults she's around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just got a welcoming call. My BIL and SIL missed their connection. Will come tmw. same time instead. I feel bad for them, but I have to be honest; I feel joyous and relieved.

Cleaning crew is all over the house. Looks like everyone has a specific job to do. I am trying not to get in their way hunkering down in my laundry room.

Got tired of standing up ironing, so I just made 5 wine bottle gift covers. Wish I could show you. They are cute. They are expensive, when you buy them in the liquor store. I bought a remnant for $2 and had some leftover laces and ribbons to use. I put a pocket on them to stick in a small card. Was just looking at a pair of jeans, DS discarded last time he was here. Thinking of making a few more from those, but have to be a bit more innovative. Wish I had some bandana prints. Could always make a small scarf to tie around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'd love to see the bottle bags.  Could you just tuck a print in the pocket like it was the back pocket of the jean?  Funny, I have a red bandanna in my craft drawer that you could have to cut up.  I had bought it years ago when I made a door hanging doll out of plastic canvas.  She was a "mammy" doll and the bandanna was wrapped around her head.

GD brought over a canvas she had painted for me for Mother's Day.  So cute.  And her mother and father are paying for my lawn mowing and mulching for the season.  She told me not to try to pay the guy because it's already all taken care of.

ETA:  Things do have a way of working out for the best, don't they?  I'm referring to your BIL's missed flight.  Makes life so much easier and less confusing if they arrive after massive cleaning is done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, please hang that bandana on your door knob, and I will take a ride around and look for a house w/ a new roof, new stairs and a newly painted door.

Nice to have your garden shores (at least some of them) all taken care of. Lovely Mother's Day gift. Precious gift from your GD.

I can't tell you how blessed I feel with BIL arriving tmw. instead of today. I never understood, why they couldn't have waited a couple of days in the first place, when they knew, we had just come home the day before. But that is them. Everything is all about "me" all the time.

Cleaning is going on. My bookshelves are all empty right now, windows sparkling and I am going a bit stir crazy trying to be out of their way. Laundry room is being taken care of right now. Just sat down and made my list for grocery shopping. My somach is growling. Wish I had made a sandwich for myself ahead of time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do you feed them lunch?

I've got the tablecloth on the table and putting out the dishes I plan to use for each thing.  I'll serve the macaroni/chicken chop suey right from the stove, but the brown rice dish, chicken legs, cinnamon buns, and G.T.'s pasta salad will be on the table.  Was going to use large plastic plates I have, but can't bring myself to. Bowls, after all will be china, so have put out the square plates I bought at CTS.  Just made up a pitcher of lemonade, G.T.'s favorite.  Me, I'd prefer the tea/lemonade mix I bought, but altho I had two plastic pitchers, one cover was so hard to get off that I threw it out rather than fuss with it each time.  Put out the candy dish and some chocolates to empty in it - G.T.'s MIL has a sweet tooth for chocolate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Sounds like a real bang up cleaning job......enjoy!!   You can rest for some time when they are thru, I'm sure they will do lots of things that you do occasionally, now you don't have to for awhile.....I saw a name & # at the Sr. Ctr. for cleaning, debating whether to call or not.....I do a lot myself, but hate bending down to get lower shleves, bottom of oven etc.

Hope all my mother friends (pets & humans) have a terrific Mothers Day. Take care all ss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've hung the bandanna on the storm door, it's flapping in the breeze.  If you do come across it, Pingo, stop in for a hermit and a cuppa.

SS, I know you're going to have a good day with the buckets of KFC!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No lunch for them, tt. They all brought coolers, so I suspect, they will sit down and have a bite to eat at some point, if they haven't done so already.

I have to admit, I can't even remember, when I actually emptied my book shelves and moved them away from the wall to clean behind them. Same with my bedroom bureau. I vac and dust with a wand behind them as far as I can get, but that is it. And not too often, I have to say. The house will be ready for Mr. White Glove, when he gets here tmw.

When I go out, I will swing around and look for the bandana. A Hermit and a cuppa would be nice. By that time I would definitely need it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome home, Pingo!!!  Glad you had a fun trip and better weather than the surrounding days.

we're not going to nh for Mother's Day, after all.

thanks for the puppy mama Mothers's Day wish, Nov. :)

happy to have the rain for the plants, but I miss the sun!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Kargiver,

Glad you will have a pleasant Mother's Day tomorrow.  Any plans?

We had a strange day, light showers, but mostly sunny, and warm.  Yard looks so good now that it's been cut.  They didn't take a lot off, I think because it's early in the season.

Had another square of lasagna tonight and then divied up the rest in separate containers and froze, to make more room in my fridge.  I'm in good shape for tomorrow and pleased with the table whose colors of napkins, flowers container, and serving dishes just seemed to fall together, pleasing to the eye.

Oh, Pingo, thinking of tomorrow being Sunday, and of no paper with sales papers, and wanted to tell you that I spoke again to the manager of the S&S about not receiving the flyers and she gave me a number to call.  They took address info and said it would be a couple of weeks.  That was Monday - Thursday I had the food flyers in the mail delivery, just like it used to be.

Hoping to find some entertaining TV tonight, but not too late, was up at 5:30 this morning.  Not going to get into that habit.  Have nailed my new "canvas painting" up over the computer,and am enjoying the colors, especially my favorite color, the greens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt - I'm very relieved.  No plans, but a peaceful day at home is all the plan I need.

lasagna frozen in individual servings, awesome idea.  I should do that; we have a food saver vac...

hope you get back on schedule tonight. 

ETA: Pingo, sorry you have to go to that trouble...I don't bother because mine searches for and finds whatever isn't done no matter how miniscule so what's the point. :( 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

H.M.D.   I am busy but in a very blessed way...oh...and I get to babysit this week...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wanted to wish all of you a very Happy Morhers's Day. Tt, hope your get together is wonderful. Pingo hope the cleaners did an excellent job. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning and happy Mother's Day!!!

Sections
Shortcuts