May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: May 2013

Have a good night everyone, I'll be leaving in a few minutes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I didn't care for that dish.  I'll take my cabbage boiled with butter and vinegar over it.  Glad I cut it down to make only one serving.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The teacher is (or should be) looking for reasonable, not necessarily perfectly correct, conclusions based on the results he got, and like winter said, they can encourage him to be as objective as possible and report that his hypothesis was essentially disproven, but they can't force it.  I hope the teacher expects even Jr. High kids to not just say their hypothesis was correct just because it stinks when it isn't. It's as much a lesson in integrity and being able to say you guessed wrong as a lesson in science and peas.  And, he will have to defend his conclusions if asked why he thinks what he does because it's the point of doing an experiment, to prove or disprove your hypothesis and explain why you think that no matter how things turn out.  

I bet that "other" pizza place was an auto-correct debacle, lol.  Yum, Santarpios...haven't been there in years.  Wasn't even sure it was still there.

Winter, hoping you have a great night - seems I always check in too late to catch your good byes, sorry!

ETA: tt, your post popped up when mine did.  That's too bad!  Like you say, good thing you didn't make a slew of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Stayed...up...too...late....zzzzzzz.   Huh?  Oh, sorry, drifted off there a second, but I'm here.  We got hooked on Millionaire Matchmaker and stayed up 'til - gasp - 11:00!  I know, that's not actually late, really, but it is to us early birds, omg.

anyway, good morning!  need coffee...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Yes, late (11:00) night for me too, watching Millionaire Listings.  The footage of NY during the storm, I thought, was great, and Ryan's insight into his personal life, or non-existant personal life, was portrayed good too, I thought.  I didn't care for the new Puerto Rican broker who's been added this season.  Wonder if he's replacing Michael.  His habit of putting his hand up over his mouth all the time,  would lead me to wonder if he's lying.  Anyway - on to today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, body language is our favorite part of the Matchmaker show.  We make a game of guessing where the relationships are ultimately going based on the daters' body language throughout the show.   Yeah, covering the mouth can indicate lying, but it can also mean that he's holding back things he wants to say, literally physically restraining himself from speaking...time will tell.  I've always found what people unknowingly give away so interesting, and DH is totally getting into deciphering it, too.  Fun!

I'm awake, now, but might need a nap this afternoon if history is any guide to what happens when I get less than 8 hours of sleep...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. 11:00 is my bed time, but I'm up at 6. What a nice day it is out already. We have a soccer game at 6 tonight, so I hope it stays this way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, Winter. :)  We're up at 6, too, but I'm one of those people who need 8 hours of sleep or I risk a migraine; sleep (or the lack thereof) is one of my three major triggers.  We were laughing and having so much fun, though, neither of us wanted to turn off the TV.  Sometimes you have to live live on the edge, right?  ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    I went to bed late last night too. Not b/c of the TV, but I was waiting for my guests to come home, from wherever, they had gone. Also, DH had a hearing last night, and did not get home until midnight. The board had put their case last on the agenda. My solemn dinner consisted of a couple of crackers w/ cheese and a grapefruit. I did go to bed as soon as my guests appeared around 10:30, making sure they came home alright and that they didn't need anything.
    Tonight they are having dinner with an old chum of BIL's. And tmw. we are all going to SIL for dinner.
    We like to take them for a ride on Sunday. Not Rockport or Gloucester. We have been there multiple times. But some quaint place, we don't know about. Any suggestions? The weather should be nice for an outing Sunday.
    Doing their laundry. Then off to the office. You all have a nice day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Newburyport is nice with all its little shops, if they like to shop, Pingo, or even Mblhd or Essex.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good suggestions, tt. I forgot about Essex. What's the name of the restaurant, where you go for lunch up there?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Portsmouth NH?  Kennebunkport? Freeport?  if you want to go a little further...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I would vote for Portsmouth.  Great shopping and dining!

I am in Essex quite a bit and find it great but not much of an area so just walk and browse.

Newburyport is great as well for shopping and dining.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We go to the Village right on Main St.  Just a hop and a skip from there is the little gift shop I love, has things out on its front lawn - Sea Meadow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I meant to say not much of area "to" just walk and browse.

Village is great food and OK bar. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jealous of you ladies on the North Shore!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

We have amazing places from shacks you would think if you ate at you would get sick to fine dining to die for!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How is everyone enjoying their day? Sadly I'm at work, but DS does have a 6 pm soccer game hopefully we make it too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I remember - I used to live in Beverly...another life ago. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, we posted at the same time - so random. :)

so far so great, thanks - gosh, I love the sun.  I went out for a panini at a deli I didn't know was in town until Monday when I stopped in for ice cream.  Sandwiches, too?!  Yay!  Didn't ever get an ice cream; I love sandwiches.  Brought it home and ate out on the patio.

hope you make it to the game - GL to DS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

A gorgeous day - have been sitting out back, reading.  The breeze keeps it comfortable.

Just came in to switch clothes from washer to dryer, and get a glass of lemonade.  Found message re an appt. I've been waiting for since January - cancellation, could I come in tomorrow.  I can.  Will give my cousin a call and see if she's free for lunch.

Two helicopters flying side by side over the house while I read, and now they seem to be on a return flight.  Noisy devils, you can't help but look up, and want, like a child, to wave to the pilots!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out at 4:30, but I wanted to say have a good night to everyone!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pingo, you are such a wonderful hostess!  Love Kennebunkport too!  There's also Newport, RI, Meredith NH, the Berkshires.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The Arnold Arboretum?  The lilacs should still be beautiful....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Early appt., then meeting my cousin for lunch and some kalooping, so just wanted to check in before leaving for the day.

Pingo, woke up this morning, thinking of Pickering Wharf - a boat ride around the harbor and then lunch right there at the restaurant (can't think of its name) at the dock.  Not a far trip, but close to hand if it's a nice day and the boat ride appeals to you.  I've done that several times with people visiting who don't live near water and they always enjoy it.  Google first and be sure their boat ride schedule has started up

Checked for little Harry this morning, but Cat Lady told me yesterday that his mother had called her, he had been bitten again by something, gotten out before she could get him to the vet, and she was wondering if we had seen him.  We hadn't, but as it happened, my neighbor emailed me last night, and he had been there for some supper.  Hoping the vet this time, if he hasn't already before, will advise her to keep him in, especially since  he seems to keep falling prey to animals in this area.

Off to start my day.  Hope you all have a good one, and a beautiful week-end.

ETA:  Remembered going on a cruise out of Essex a couple of times too, but just googled them and their rate has really jumped, according to this it's $25.  There may be a shorter cruise, I don't believe ours lasted 2 hrs.  The captain was very knowledgeable and told about people living along the waterway, and it was an enjoyable ride in a canopied boat on a hot day.  Anyway, a couple of things you might  look into if they peak your interest.