May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: May 2013

tt, you got it! I am ready for lounging around in my robe w/ a cuppa ALL DAY for a long while - lol.
    They made sure to leave their laundry, before they left. So that is what I am doing now.
    Today, I am trying to find myself again. It has been, as you suggested - a merry-go-round for a month or more. I need to get off it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Having a terrible time with computer today - both in IE and Chrome.  Have to get in and out every time I click, just about.

Anyway, update on SS.  Called to chat with her, and her fam took her back to the hospital last night.  She was wheezing and legs were swelling, and she was in so much pain.  Her dau said they will keep her for a couple of days at least until she is more comfortable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thats too bad about Ss...I kbnow she has a heck of a time with breathing. I know I am late with this but the sign for more is...two hands..fingers all touching each other(like the chicken dance?) and you tap them together..his birthday party will be next weekend...alas..DIL is having her best friend make the cake...no worries though on my part...I know I'll get a chance

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, you'll have his whole lifetime to make birthday cakes for him.

SS's other dau that I spoke to today (not the one who lives with her), said they had thought originally that she had just cracked a couple of ribs, but that they are actually fractured.  Glad she is in the hospital where they can monitor her breathing and keep an eye on the whole medical situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Poor SS.  So glad she has her daughters to take care of her....and that she is in the hospital where she needs to be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, everyone!

Indeed, it was a fabulous day to poke and peruse at Brimfield, and we had a blast.  I didn't buy anything but a hanky that I intendd to add a crocheted lace border to for my town friend - she just started using hankies instead of tissues.  Otherwise, I spent $$ on food, as planned, and ate fair fare with abandon.  Had a cup of pulled pork with BBQ, an hour later a lobster roll, and then finished the chow down with a hot, fresh apple cider donut with cinnamon sugar.  YUM!  And, my friend and I had very special conversation much of the day about the deeper things on our minds. She was "good," like I usually am, lol, and packed a lunch.  I bought my sinful choices and we had  a restful picnic on packing blankets offered us by the gentlemen venders nearby.  Very sweet of them - they were so comfy.  We rested like that twice having parked right in the middle.

Pingo, I can so relate to your "it's not over until" comment - it's like you're walking around with a bomb strapped to your chest the whole time they are there.  Just because it doesn't necessarily blow up doesn't mean you're having a good time, LOL.  I think the MFA is a great choice.

Poor SS!!  Broken ribs...omg, the pain.  I hope this experience passes quickly and she is well on the mend in the hospital.  She won't try to move as much there, I bet, speeding healing.

tt, I hope your hip therapy was worth the pain and you feel better soon.  Did the ice help?

Icer, Zach is a YEAR old already?!  Where does the time go?? 

Speaking of that, the triplets will also be a year old next month.  Suddenly, we'll be celebrating their graduactions...

Getting a little dinner...yes, I'm hungry if you can believe it.  I wish I had another one of those donuts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Just fed a sleepy Harry who came stretching out from under my shrub.  I don't believe for a minute that his owner is keeping him in nights as she says.  Cat Lady emailed me that he was in her yard at quarter to ten last night.  We do worry about him.  His owner does apparently take him to the vet when he is bitten, his leg has again been shaved, but what is it going to take for her to realize he shouldn't be out roaming/hunting, at night especially.

Kargiver, you had a blast for yourself!  Quite a combination of culinary delights!  Your mentioning crocheting the hankie edging, reminded me of my Fla friend who passed away.  She sent me several, knowing I would treasure them.  

Scrolling back up the page, every word that has a double "oo" is highlighted in yellow, on everybody's postings!  What is that all about??  

Time to get my breakfast and maybe scoot out to some early opening stores.  Hope you all have a good day.  Having trouble moving around, both in here and on IE yesterday, so not sure if it's a virus.  Time to chuck the computer and invest in a new one.  Overpaid my oil budget plan this year, so may take that lump of returned money and put it to that use.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all,

Yes, I hadn't planned on the lobster roll, but when I ventured into the food court area to get an apple dessert, the lobster booth caught my eye.

Woke up with a sore throat this morning; hoping it's just allergies.

tt, take care of that hip - seems maybe they overworked you?  Maybe they can go a little easier next time.

Oh, DH just pulled in with Gracie from their walk - I better hop in the shower!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My "trouble moving around", Kargiver, is in regard tobeing able to move around in the computer, or lack of!!  My hip is fine today.  I didn't have any PT, it was just the doctor manipulating it, checking for to make sure it wasn't anything more serious than bursitis.

Lots of people having allergy problems with all this pollen.  Hopefully that's all your sore throat is.

Have to put up this bag of caramel corn I bought this morning, and fix some real lunch.  Hopped out to Job Lots thinking I would pick up another of those quad chairs that I got myself, but their price is back up to $20.  Saw CTS has or had them for $8.99, so will go out tomorrow, and or course, they'll be all gone.  Wouldn't hit there on a Sunday.

Wonder if Pingo has decided on the Museum.  It's a beautiful day - right now - too nice to be in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, whoops!  That's great you got a refund from the oil and can get a new computer for "free."  I know it's not really, but it feels that way. :)

I often fill up on the way home from TJs with a bag o' yummy crunchies.  Then, an hour later I'm starved like I hadn't eaten a thing.  Love caramel corn...I've been eyeing it every time I go.

I never saw the highlighted oo's, tt, so maybe it's part of your computer woes.

Going to SIL's for dinner tonight; the in-laws will be there, too, as they are back North for the Summer.  No BIL.  I told her I have a sore throat and she said to come, anyway, and just won't hug me, LOL.

Tomorrow is Gracie's actual appointment day so will rush home, again, after chiropractor and take her.

How is SS today?  Still in the hospital?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all. 

Hope SS is doing better, poor thing. 

Nothing really exciting going on here.  It's nice to have the good weather to get the yard in shape.  DH and I had a nostalgic dinner the other night at the Hilltop, lol.  Definitely not like it was in it's hey day, but still kind of fun to go there.  Enjoyed dinner in the bar area while watching the Preakness.

Have a great day everyone!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,
    Glad to be able to get on this morning, using my IE and so far so good.  Made up a batch of scones for my breakfast - looking at them as they came out of the oven - forgot to add the baking powder!  Hoping/assuming it won't affect the taste, just the height.  May be like rocks, we'll soon see.

How was the food at the Hilltop, Princess?  When we first used to go there their lobster pie was delicious, and the steak tips to die for.  Last time I went there was probably 6-7 years ago and the food was terrible, that was the report from 4 of us, all ordering something different.

Called SS's house last night, but her husband answered the phone.  The others must have all been at the hospital visiting her.  He really couldn't tell me anything.  I'll try her local hospital later this morning and see if I can get connected to her room.  I hope they keep her there a few more days, she is not a good patient, was talking of trying to tape her own ribs before they took her back!  Wish we lived closer so I could help out.  The dau who lives at home, of course has a job, and the other girls try to fill in between picking up their own kids, etc.  I'll let you all know when I hear anything more about how she's doing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good Monday morning, all,

Prin, good to see you check in.

tt, others have reported issues with BDC (in Parents); glad you are not having as much trouble today.  SS sounds fiesty. :)

DH is taking today and tomorrow off, yay!

OK, off to the races for me.  Chiropractor, TJs, and then the vet.  Not sure what's on the agenda for this afternoon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Sciene Fair project is written and attached to the board. Needs to be in to school before 7:50 tomorrow morning, so DS and I will do that before I head to work. tt, send SS my thoughts. Hope she is feeling better soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

It's a busy day here; another meeting for which to prepare an agenda and materials. 

But want to send best wishes to poor SS; those rib things are hard to recover from, especially when there are other issues.  Pingo, hope the visitors haven't worn you to a nub.  Winter, good thoughts to DS tomorrow as his project is exhibited.  Prin, glad to hear you are enjoying the nice weather!  Stay healthy.  Kar, have a good time with DH these two days, I am sure you will be cooking up a storm.  TT too bad about the baking powder.  Hope the scones taste good anyway.

Amber, how is Joey?

I too miss MM a lot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

DH just left with for the airport w/ our house guests. SIS and other BIL joined us for breakfast. Waffles w/ vanilla yogurt and Rhubarb compote. I made the batter last night. It gets better sitting overnight, and the waffles came out really nice and crispy.
    Yesterday, the weather turned out to be so nice and rain was not expected until the afternoon. Too nice to be inside. So after brunch (spinach omelets w/ salsa, home fried potatoes/onions, fruit and Bloody Mary's) we went to the Quincy Market instead of MFA. Haven't been there in ages. Late afternoon, we had common friends coming for drinks. I had made and frozen away appetizers some time ago. They came in handy yesterday. I also had a tray of mushrooms, I stuffed and baked. At night BIL took all of us to Prince Pizza.
    I am pOOped. Fortunately, I have to say, this visit went a lot better than past visits. But I must admit, I am happy, there is a whole year, until I have to go on the same Merry-Go-Round. No big plans in the near future. I just want to get back to our normal life.
    TX son called last night and told me, he would send me a ticket, to come there and stress-out for a week or two. But I am so behind at work, that I just can't do it. But it was a nice thought of them anyway. Glad a 3 days weekend is coming up; I can get a lot squared away then. Enough about me.
    Everything considering, I am so glad to hear ss is in the hospital. That is where, she should have been since the day she fell. She sounds like a stubborn lady, but even stubborn ladies need to be taken care of. Wishing her the a speedy recovery.
    tt, I am not happy with your pc's diagnosis: "It's only bursitis". Only doesn't count. Unless you do something about it, that inflammation is not going away by itself. It will only get worse. Please believe me; I am speaking from experience.
    Winter, wishing DS well with the pea-project. Will root for him tmw. Does the school have some kind of an exhibition tmw. night? I would love to hear, what other projects were turned in.
    Time for me to get off this computer and clean up after breakfast.
    Hope you all will have a good day. I am planning to make the best out of mine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

A quick report because I'll not try to get on again.  Computer is terrible, IE keeps not responding, will bite the bullet and try to have Comcast talk me through whatever problems there are.  First wanted to tell you that another of SS's daus called me this morning.  Mother is doing better, but drs. will keep her in there mid week at least, until she can walk unassisted and off pain meds.  Dau said she looked better and is breathing better than when they brought her in.  When she comes home she will have to have someone in daily to help until the ribs are healed.  You're right, Pingo, in that she is feisty and wants to do things on her own.  Dau called me this morning from SS's house, so she at least is there to watch over SS's husband.  I have her hospital room # and will give her a call.  Think now might be a good time with no nurses/drs. in there, hopefully.

Dr. did not term my bursitis "only bursitis", Pingo, that's me talking.  It doesn't bother me days, and at night I have been putting a similar product to "icey hot" on and have gotten good night's sleep.  I'm fine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ah, good - tt. I am glad you are fine. I was only concerned, b/c bursitis pain can be really, really painful. And unless treated, it doesn't get better - just worse. I am glad you are not yet at the point, I was.
    A friend of ours had to be copter lifted off a cruise, b/c he was in such pain, that the cruise doc couldn't do anything for him. I know, that was an extreme. But after hearing that, I don't take mine lightly.
    So glad to hear, ss has her family there to help. Both her and with her husband. If you talk to her, please let her know, we are all rallying for her to get better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I did call and talked with her for about 20 minutes until someone came in.  We had quite a funny conversation - she's on morphine - told me of someone who had to go home to change their "cataracts" and put in a new pair because they were killing them!  Of course, she meant "contacts" !!  Still cannot get up and around at all without assistance.  She was to see a P.T. and O.T. today.  I told her everyone on the boards was asking for her and sending their best, and she appreciated that people were thinking about her.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is funny, tt. I guess Morphine can do that to you. But at least, she isn't in pain.
    I cleared the breakfast dishes, then I went to do my PT exercises. I do them laying in bed, and before I knew, I told myself, "to heck w/ the exercises". I just woke up after a wonderful, delicious nap. What a lazy thing to do, but I don't regret it one bit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just came in because I was starting to doze off sitting in my chair in the sun - reading!  Makes me realize I've got to bring down the cotton slacks and get some pressed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

SS is sitting up in a chair, and sounded as tho there was a lot of company when I called again a few minutes ago.  Enjoying beautiful floral arrangements her fam is bringing her.  Her SIL came in carrying a gorgeous arrangement that she said must be 4 ft. tall.  It was so tall she couldn't see his face behind it and she thought he was a floral delivery guy - said, "Oh, you must have the wrong room, those can't be for me."  He peeked out and said, "Oh, yes they are!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sweet old lady, that ss. I hope all the attention she gets makes her feel a lot better. Nice you are able to talk to her, tt, and report to us and sending her our best wishes..
    I sat out on my deck for a while too. In the shade. The sun is already too strong in the afternoon for me.
    DH gained weight, while his brother was here. He wants soup or salad for dinner for the next two weeks. No problem for me. I am in the process of making my cabbage soup. Making enough for lunch too. That will take care of any water retention, which I think his weight gain is. 
    Everyone have a good night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just pulled my South Beach Diet book out of the bookcase to help me with meal planning.  Problem is, I remember from last time, it becomes very expensive with all the fish and fresh fruits and vegetables.  But, I added a few to my shopping list for this week.  Googled natural diuretics too, since I'm no longer on a pill for that.  Now that warm weather is coming, not anxious for my now swollen ankles to make an appearance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, so glad your visit was better than usual.  Still stressful, though - like I said, just because the bomb didn't explode doesn't make it any more fun to carry it around and hope.  Nice of TX son to offer a ticket to their home to de-stress. :)   I agree with you - lots of salty pizza and other restaurant food - 3 - 5 lbs for a man of water retention is easily expected.  The soup will take care of it over the next couple of days.

I hope SS can relax and heal without pushing it or stressing out over not being able to push it.  Funny about the cataracts instead of contacts - yup, that morphine is something.

tt, you might find more economical and still decent fish and vegetables in the frozen food section, especially at TJ's.  

Enjoying having DH home.  No dinner planned - it's hot and humid, and he's been working outside all day and has very little appetite when he does that.  Wants "snacks" for dinner.  OK, no problem!!!

Sections
Shortcuts