May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2013

Great news, tt, thanks.  Ribs, swelling, breathing...she had a lot going on.  Hope she'll take it easy upon her release; they tend to err on the side of letting people go home too early...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Severe thunderstorm warning and dark skies here...not sure if we'll have internet/power all evening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks for the good news in regard to ss, tt. So hope, she will go home soon. First off, that she is much better. Second, sometimes one heal a lot better being home in one's own bed.
    So glad your tech was able to really work for his money this time, tt. Sounds like you have all your computer problems solved.
    You know, when my boys are home and "work" on my computer, I just sit there in awe. Clicking, clicking, clicking --- and all my problems are solved. I always tell myself, "Why couldn't I have done that?" But I guess, my tech ability is not like theirs. We old ladies are not computer literate. Let the youngsters be.
    tt, I will try take your suggestion and lay out the yo-yos to "please my eye". It is just that DIL is a math/science graduate and very "so". Everything for her has a pattern. Maybe it would be a great idea to shake her up a bit. LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Did you happen to notice the eggplants in S&S, Pingo?  They were beautiful, not a blemish, and a beautiful color.  I couldn't resist getting one.  Will hold it in case G.T. comes down over the weekend and will cook up then.  Another $5 coupon off on grocery total today.  Never get out of there for less than $50 so it came in handy.  Laughed, because besides the flyers that I now get all together in the mail again, got a special S&S flyer in an envelope from them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Tulips ...so sorry

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

TT,

Our two cats do the same thing - change their sleeping places every few months!  As I'm typing this, our female is howling and yowling at her toy mouse - she "kills it" and then announces her kill to us....  either late at night or early in the morning. Recently she's been waking my husband up because she's licking his arm, chewing on his fingers, and/or kneading on his arm.... all at some ungodly hour when it's still dark out!  She's very funny, and loves him to death. She may lose bedroom priveleges if she keeps this up,though! I will admit i was giggling and laughing as he was telling me about his 'troubles" at night....  tee hee, still laughing!  She does chew on fingers, though, and it can hurt if she gets too rough....  our male cat seems to favor me, so we each 'have a cat'.  The male doesn't sleep with us, but once I'm up in the morning he jumps up for a snuggle in bed.... and on the weekends if we're not up by 7am then he meows until we do wake up - very fun....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wonder if DH is finding it so amusing, CT, LOL!!  We need a male dog so I have one, too.  Gracie is Daddy's girl, always has been.

I'm fairly sure my cold has morphed into bronchitis.  :(  I haven't had much of an appetite so my LoseIt budget has gone vastly unmet...maybe I'll go out to breakfast and splurge on homemade toast or whatever I want.  Or, I could save it up for Saturday's graduation party in NH...decisions, decisions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Had to smile reading your post this morning, CT, Cheerio jumps up on my bed mornings, finds some part of an arm or hand, licks, and then gently nips to get me to start patting her.  This morning it just annoyed me, because I wasn't ready to be up and at em at that hour of the morning.  Maybe, she was telling me the rabbit was in the yard, because even tho I didn't see him when I checked out the kitchen window, once I started moving around in the toyroom, setting up the ironing board, the movement caught my eye.  There he was, hopping up to the back of the yard.  He sat up there quite a while, right at the edge of where the trees start, and then hopped up into the woods.  Cheerio's favorite napping spot right now, still is the kitchen chair.  Once night comes tho, she follows me around until I settle in a l.r. couch, and then comes up and nestles right against me, using my thigh as a pillow.

Kargiver, I vote for breakfast out this morning for you.  You want to feel better for this week-end, and not start losing any more weight now that you're got it regulated to what you want.

Me, I've got to get around.  Today is yard day, but not sure if they'll cut the grass or put down the mulch with the wet weather.  Not sure my cousin will venture over here either, with the predictions of thunder storms later in the day.  Really expecting a call cancelling.  I still will go out and get my errands done tho.  Have flowers to pick up for the cemetary and have those kitchen valences on my mind.  A decision still hasn't been made on whether GD will be having a party here or whether fam will all be going out to eat.  In the meantime, I clean away and freshen up "valances" and stuff.

Hope you feel better as the day goes on, Kargiver, or give the doctor a call for whatever works for the bronchitis before it really gets a hold of you.

I'll check back in later in the day, or before we go out, if there's time.  Computer seems to be working fine this morning, thanks to my hero Comcast tech!

P.S.  CT, you're lucky your cats don't do as Cheerio does as a last resort, jumps up on the bureaus and begins knocking stuff off!  She knows that gets me literally jumping out of bed, not necessarily in the mood she's hoping for, but it gets me up!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope the storms don't wreck your plans, tt.  Raining here, no thunder...yet.  

Yes, I'll go out to breakfast or at least whip up something special here - my breakfast haunt changed hands ands isn't very good...not good enough to go out in the rain for, anyway.  And, I like my own coffee best.  It's settled then...off to make the long trek to the kitchen, lol.

not feeling too terrible...maybe this will clear up on it's own.  hate to take antibiotics when it could be viral.  Will call doc if I stall out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. My DH went looked out a window this morning to the pool and there was a duck couple in it, he shooed them away, hopefully they don't come back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, so cute, Winter.  Not too sanitary, but cute that they thought they had found a new pond to swim in.

Did you son get his science grade yet?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It's cute now because the pool isn't ready, won't be so when they are leaving "gifts" in there for us. I'm hoping they find another swimming place. :) He gets his grade today in science class, he didn't have science yesterday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The suspense!  I'm sure he did well, though...it's just nice to have the grade in hand. :)

glad I didn't venture out - it's POURING and we have had a few claps of thunder, too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    How did you fare last night, Kar, with all the tornado warnings out your way? Was watching the radar and the news. Sorry, you are still under the weather. I don't like antibiotics either, but don't dismiss them, if you really need them.
    tt, I am enjoying reading about Cheerio's antics. Is the kitchen chair still her favorite place? My grand kitties are just like that. OMG, if ou take her/his favorite chair - you are not welcome, and they will let you know in no uncertain terms.
    Ducks in your pool, Winter? What a sight that must have been. It makes me compare them to the  turkeys in my yard. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about it. Your new fence will not stop them.
    Office is calling. Have a good day everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for asking - we made out fine, no tornados that I'm aware of.  Thunder storms, but no hail or anything.  I'll definitely take the z-pack if it becomes clear I'm stuck in a bronchial rut.

So much for my big breakfast plans.  Made my coffee and had a handful of nuts.  Maybe will take a "lunch" item out of the freezer next.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Good morning. Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.  

Last night one of my friends came over, and we went out for a bite to eat, and then back to my house for some wine. Interesting mid-week diversion. I typically don't like to do anything after work.   Winter-I am sure he will  get a good grade for all his effort- I kind of skimmed back to see what the project was.   I hate thinking that others may have placed if parents did the work- not fair.  

Kar--I hope you feel better-good gloomy day to rest and take it easy. Go back to bed, if you can!

TT--I am seeing bunnies all over lately. Our kitty likes the small stools in the kitchen. We have 4 regular sized stools, then two small backless ones that I tuck under one of the ends of the island. For some reason, she loves the small round seats. She jumps up, rolls all around, falls off, then repeats the whole thing. It is pretty comical. Can't figure out why she does not pick one of the normal size stools- plenty of room on those seats to roll around.   Maybe she likes the falling down part!

OK--going to read back and catch up on some more-thanks again everyone!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tulips, so glad to have you back!

imo, science fairs never were and never will be fair...oh, the irony of the name.

I'm actually feeling a little better today, thanks, everyone.  Keeping an eye on the cough...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Ohm Kar.  I have to chuckle.  You are so scarred by your middle school science fairs!  Shame on you, Winter, for stirring these bad memories.  LOL!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm mostly over it, lol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Any news from ss, tt? Have they sent her home yet?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

A bit of ascratchy throat this morning. Now a full blown sore throat with an achy feeling reaching my ears and jaw. Will turn off the computer and go home early. Have been drinking tea w/honey and lemon all day. Soothes the throat. Now I just want my bed.
    Have a good evening everyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Uh-oh, Pingo, that's how mine started Saturday.  I hope you aren't getting this!

walked Gracie, resting now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh no everyone here is getting sick. Hopefully I can avoid it. Pingo and Kar I hope you are keeping hydrated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter.  I know Pingo is, but I could be doing a lot better with that.  Good thing we aren't passing germs by typing!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just talked with SS after my cousin left.  She is going home tomorrow.  Will have a home health aide a few days a week, and is thinking of getting peapod grocery delivery.  Hope she makes out alright sleeping.  Of course in the hospital she can adjust the bed so she is not lying down flat.  Already told her about putting rolled up blankets under the top of the bed to raise it a little.  She's so determind to get back in her own home, she'll make out alright.

Sorry to hear you, Pingo and Kargiver are still under the weather.  Hope it blows over.

Got my cemetary flowers at Home Depot and then went to Ann&Hope on Route 1 and bought some new valances for my kitchen window.  Would have loved to move the table out and put them up while my cousin was here to help me, but since the pedestal on the table split, afraid to move it away from the wall.  One of the boys will be over some time this week-end, and I'll get them to help me.

No supper for me tonight, stopped in Kelly's and had a roast beef sandwich with barbecue sauce for lunch. Well, maybe I'll have some dessert, that's all.

Sections
Shortcuts