May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2013

Home tomorrow, that's great news.  good to hear she's getting help proactively, too.

tell us about the valences - pattern?

still not much appetite...dessert sounds like a good idea, though.  What are we having?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have posted twice and they both disappeared.  Can't go through the valance description again, save to repeat that they were el cheapo - just a lightweight change to put up for the summer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm sure they are pretty, too bad your posts didn't work.  Frustrating!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Good news SS is feeling better, and will be home.

I love the Ann and Hope outlet--we have one down this way.  A few years back, it was the only place I could get nice white  curtains for the bedrooms, outside of Country Curtains, which I did  not want to pay the price for the bedrooms. One set is a match to  their hemstitch pattern--simple and nice. 

DS had cooked some Rice a Roni last night, and there was a lot left over. So I just scrambled up some hamburg, and added the rice to it. Fast and easy--I was starving- only had a yogurt for lunch. Now I am opening a bottle of Merlot, and hope to be in bed before 9:00.  Someone mentioned the blueberries at S&S--I picked up two today, along with some watermelon--will be a good breakfast and snack for the weekend. 

Work is letting us out early-at 1:00 tomorrow. I need to buy a dress for a wedding in a few weeks- I may hit the plaza after we get out. UGH-hate shopping at the mall. Neighbor is calling---going to have some wine with her..... good night if I dont come back on...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good pick-up supper, Tulips.  I ended up with a turkey slice and Swiss cheese roll up, a ginger ale, and a choc chip cookie. 

Up late last night watching Millionaire Listings of NYC, so probably will be in bed early tonight too.

I too, hate mall clothes shopping, and was so happy last week to get rid of 4 gift cards I've been carrying around forever.  Still have one Macy's and a prepaid Visa gift card.  Would have used that today if I had found something I really liked for a valance.  Meant to check for a new ironing board cover while I was in there, but by the time we were finally making our way out the door, I was too hungry to go back and look.  Have to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to check for new chair cushions, and I'm sure I can pick one up there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good evening everyone. Great news that ss is going home soon. Good she's getting some help a couple of times a week. Tt, nice that you found valances, I should check out Ann and Hope this weekend. Tulips your dinner sounds good, nice that you spent some time tonight with a friend.

DS got a 95 on his project and we are very pleased. The 3rd place winner got a 97, 2nd place got a 98, and the 1st place winner got a 99. Last year he got an 89, so he's very proud of himself. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations to your son, Winter.  That's a wonderful grade.  He shouldn't feel badly now about not placing in the top 3 - there's only a point difference in their grades.  He has much to be proud of.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. tt, he is very happy with his grade. :) What's on your agenda for the weekend?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not a thing.  Doubt G.T. will be coming down, his back was giving him a lot of pain again yesterday.  Ever since walking those uneven fields at Brimfield, he's been having a problem.  No plans that I know of in the family, except whatever may evolve with kids' activities.  How about you nd your family?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Winter, glad DS did well! 

TT glad about your curtains.  Last couple of years I have found some at CTS, although their quality has gone down lately.  If you speak to SS remind her not to overdo things when she gets home!  Sorry to hear about GT's back, at a time when gardeners are so busy...I finally got out to trim the deadwood from my big hydrangea yesterday.  Still need to do the small one.

Pingo, hope you are better today or if you really have a full blown thing, hope you get better quickly. Kar, hope yours is resolving.

Tulips, hope the Merlot helped you sleep well.  I fell off at around 8:30 last night - I did some heavy cleaning yesterday and that tired me out.

Starting a couple of terribly busy days so if I don't post, have a wonderful Mem Day weekend all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all,

Maybe it's the cold medicine, but I thought I posted this morning - it poofed...no, wait, the iPad died in the middle before I could hit post because I forgot to plug it in.  That's it.  Gosh, I'm in a fog.

Winter, that's fabulous!!!  We are all so pleased and proud of him, too.  He's going to do great things.  Does he have a passion for science and math?

TGIF!!  And, yay for the long weekend.  We will be in NH tomorrow night at a restaurant for the graduation party.  Dropping Gracie at the kennel in the morning, picking her up on Sunday, so no worries there.  She loves the owner and has a great time with the regular dogs who board there.

The forecast for the weekend has lost about 20 degrees since the 10-day forecast 8 days ago.  I was going to buy a new sundress for the occassion (mine is too big, already given away to my friend who also needs all new smaller clothes), but, gosh, it's at night and the daytime high is only supposed to be in the 50s.

Tulips, I'm thrilled for you that you have such a close, special social network of good friends and to know that you are going out and enjoying yourself.  We are glad you are back with us, too.

BBQs this weekend?  Plans?  

ETA:  Sat on this too long and missed a couple of interim posts.  

tt, hoping G.T. feels better soon.  My back was tired after Brimfield, too.  I had worked out my back the day before at the gym for the first time, and I could really feel it.

hats, thanks - I think I'm getting better, but the cough is intense at the moment.  Watching it closely for signs I need to get the big guns.  Indeed, Pingo, I hope your sore throat was a fluke and you don't have THIS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, sorry about G.T.'s back, hope it starts feeling better for him. Kar, DS likes science but not really math, he's a B/B+ student in both. He seems to like history as well. He wants to be a Sportscaster or an Actor.

We are supposed to be going to a cook out as a going away party for my brother's step son that's joining the Navy, not sure if there is a back up plan. No soccer game this weekend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He seems like a very well-rounded, balanced kid, smart and capable of doing well at a lot of different things.  You and DH must be so proud of the young man he's becoming.

With rain forecasted for both days, it's hard to have backups...I hope it works out! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, SS won't be able to overdo, even if she wants to.  Still in a lot of pain with the broken ribs, and will be using a walker to help her move around, until they heal.  She has good caring daughters who will keep a close eye on her and be there when she needs them.  I think sleeping setup will be the most problemtic.

Hoping you feel better as the day goes on, Kargiver, no fun traveling tomorrow if you're still under the weather.

The weather forecast is pretty discouraging until Monday.  Hope your send off cookout doesn't get cancelled, Winter.  They may opt to just have it inside.  I'm thinking lawn and mulch won't get done today (all day yesterday I thought it was Friday, my lawn day!).  Will put a call into youngest to keep me in mind for some point this week-end when he can go to the cemetary with me and for the down on your knees planting (which I can't do), and get that done.  All told, that and getting the new valances up shouldn't take more than an hour.  He plants fast - "all pretty maidens all in a row" - sort of arrangement, but I don't offer any "helpful" suggestions.  He's good to do it.  I'm the water boy, filling the jug up at the spigot and bringing it back.

Had some of those beautiful big blueberries (weren't they huge, Tulips?) on cheerios, and now trying to decide what to have with my coffee.  Lots of sugary stuff around, but bloodwork is due in a few weeks, and so I'll begin cutting back on indulging my sweet tooth.

Pingo, how are you feeling this morning?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    To answer tt's question: How are you feeling this morning? Lousy! Will make a call to my doc as soon as they open at 9. Want them to do a swipe of my throat - feels like strep.
    Went to bed as soon as I got home last night, but didn't sleep well. Up several times to have my tea w/ lemon and honey. The onion juice should be ready this morning. I also gargle w/ Listerine. I do feel feverish even though the thermometer says I am not.

Congrats to your DS, Winter. That is an excellent grade. He should be proud and happy. And I am happy to hear the good news in regard to ss going home.

Ok, it is one minute before 9 - so I am off. Hope you all have a better day than I.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry you're feeling louzy, Pingo.  Hope you get in to see the doctor and get something for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt - not feeling too bad, now, just coughing at night, mostly.  Tomorrow's drive should be OK.

Yeah, yard work doesn't look like a promising activity for the weekend.  The good news is that everything is getting a good drink.

Pingo, my thoat hurt like a son of a gun for 2 days before the other cold symptoms started.  No harm getting a strep test, but I have hope it's "just" a cold.  Sorry you're coming down with what it seems I have had this week.  Best wishes!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Forgot to mention -

The guy in Home Depot almost fell on the ground laughing when I asked if they had any bags of clover seed.  "No?  Well, how about clover plants then?"  He said, "Yeah, in my backyard.  I'll dig them up, bundle them  up, and give them to you."  Apparently most people don't want clover in their lawn.  My explanation that I had a resident rabbit didn't seem to impress him.

Wish I could see what it is the rabbit is eating.  It's in the sparsest of grass, some right down where I can see him from the bathroom window.  I have a lot of weeds mixed in with the grass, and there must be one he particularly likes.  Hasn't touched any of the growing plants at all yet, that I can see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Clover is considered a weed, but we have tons and don't mind.  It's green, lol, so what's the difference?  You can get clover seed from Amazon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

We have rabbits a lot of different times of the year (very random).  When we first moved to the house we are in and I saw them I left stuff for them to eat as well and they never did!  Now I don't bother and just watch them when I see them. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Interesting, Kargiver, your post made me google, even google Home Depot for clover seed, and it looks as tho it's sold online by them also.  There are several Home Depot stores in MA, I'll do some calling next week and see if any of them carry it in stock.  This guy acted as tho there was no one bought such a thing.  Also Essex Coop, the farm coop extension in Topsfield would be worth a ride if they have it.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for finding some.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You're welcome. :)

The guy who laughed apparently is ignorant of home owners with horses, one reason people might want clover.  And, even so, he shouldn't have been rude.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Doc just returned my call. He would see me, but no need for it. Since I am not running a temp, it is not strep. It is a virus going on; they has tons of calls this past week. Told me to stay on the regimen, I was already doing. If I run a temp, then call him back. Truthfully, I rather stay at home, than sitting in a germ infested waiting room.
    Will see, if I can manage to go out to get a chicken. Me think homemade chicken soup is on the order here. Maybe I will ask DH to bring me one. OH, Lord - what? He is no shopper. LOL
    Good news. No traveling, no company and no plans at all for this Holiday weekend. Will just hunker down and get rid of this nasty inconvenience.
    Hope you all will stay away from it. Now back to bed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, sounds exactly like what I have, Pingo. :(  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He wasn't really rude, just kidding around, and obviously another example of some of the H.D. workers who aren't very knowledgable.  When I went in and asked for begonias I got, "Begonias, I don't think so.  I've been out for 3 days so I don't know where the truck would have put them if they came in last night," and continued sweeping.  10 minutes later when I had found the last of 2 bulk trays on my own, and he saw it in our carriage, he said, "Oh, you found some?"  My cousin thanked him, and I couldn't help but say, "What are you thanking him for?  He didn't do anything."

You mentioning horse owners wanting some, Kargiver, leads me to believe the Essex Coop is definitely the place I'll find some - and it's a beautiful ride up Topsfield Road and then, on to the Clam Box in Ipswich for lunch!  An outing for next week.