May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2013

Yes, I suppose most folks shopping for seed at Home Depot are looking for "perfect lawns" and wouldn't be interested in clover.  Oh, that sounds like a lovely outting!  Yes, I can only imagine any farm co-op would carry it.  So glad you mentioned it here.

I haven't felt much like eating this week, but suddenly have a craving for fried clams.  Hm, I wonder why. ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have some Italian sausages cooking myself.  Hankering for a sausage roll.  Then on to wash wood work in the room off the kitchen.  Pressed the valances and I'm liking them even more.  think they'll add just the right touch of colors.  Left message for son, but most likely he is at a fishing tournament in NH.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wish you could fry me up a sausage...feeling listless, again.  Had some unsatisfying cereal at 10...

Pressing curtains does make a huge difference - I bet they don't have a hint of a giveaway that they were inexpensive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

I wish you could fry me up a sausage...feeling listless, again.  Had some unsatisfying cereal at 10...

Pressing curtains does make a huge difference - I bet they don't have a hint of a giveaway that they were inexpensive.

You know, they don't.  The valances are so much richer looking than the rest of the curtain.  Glad that's all I'll be using.  Think they're going to be perfect with my black wallpaper print.  Besides, I'm sure they were marked down to get rid of the last few pair.  Was surprised to see the ones I bought there last year marked up 2 1/2 times from what I had bought them on sale.  It's all in catching things at the right moment.

ETA:  Speaking of "catching things" - just caught my sausages before they caught on and burned!  Guess I'd better pay more attention to what's going on out in the kitchen!  Chat later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a find!!!  I know you'll get years of enjoyment from them, not just from the look but the great deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Totally chowed down on Chinese for lunch.  I was so hungry I broke into the chicken fingers on the way home.  Would have eaten more in the car, but I couldn't get to the duck sauce, lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Kar, you've given me such a visual. Glad to hear you are feeling better. tt,what color are the valances?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, thanks!  Pingo is in for a rough few days. :(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This will be the 3rd time I have tried to describe the valances and post - twice this morning disappeared - - ecru background, black band at top and bottom with blocks of different vegetables over the bottom band, and then scattered through the main part of the ecru valance are small red pods with green leaves.  Picks up the black, of course, red, green and ecru that's in my paper.

ETA:  Just googled their curtains, thinking perhaps a pic of them would be there, but since there were only 4 pairs, I think, and I took 2 of them, they probably are phasing them out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Managed to get dressed and went to S & S get a chicken. Just packed it with all kind of veggies in my pressure cooker. Couldn't wait until DH got home. The smell of it and the anticipation is already making me feel better.
    Sick of tea w/ lemon. Looking forward to some home made chicken soup.
    Also picked up several bottles of seltzer, while there. No fever yet and still no runny nose. Just that lousy achy feeling and a very sore throath. Hoping and praying, it doesn't get down in my bronchial system. If it does, I will be in for a long haul.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's amazing how much we can push ourselves when sick, when we need to, Pingo.  Hoping that chicken and its broth will make you feel much better.  I've got to use up the last quarter of cabbage, don't feel like any more cabbage soup right now, so will just boil it up and have with butter and vinegar with I don't know what yet.  The sausage roll with tom sauce was delicious at lunch.  Glad I cooked the 6 of them up, now they're there ready for whenever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Join me in an onion syrup cocktail, Pingo? :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

My Dad has been feeding his back yard rabbits for years.  They come right to the door every night to get those carrots!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll try putting one out tonight and see if it's gone in the morning.  Why didn't he eat the celery tops?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, those sound nice. I'm looking for some for our porch, but I'll need many. Pingo, hope the chicken soup makes you feel better. Are you taking extra vitamin C? No ducks in the pool this morning, hoping that they have found another place to swim.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I'll try putting one out tonight and see if it's gone in the morning.  Why didn't he eat the celery tops?

Contrary to popular belief, rabbits (and comparable rodents like guinea pigs) don't like celery and lettuce.  The h2o content is too high, gives them diarhea.  they like carrots and greens that are tougher like dandelions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Kar and Pingo--Hope you feel better. 

Yes, TT--the blueberries are delicious. I couldn't remember if it was you or Pingo wh mentioned them. I brought a bunch to work this morning.

I decided not to go shopping after we got out at 1:00. -I bought two dresses on line this morning-if they dont fit, then I will be forced to go.  Expensive though--one at Banana Republic, which I have never been to- the other at Lord & Taylor on line. That is  my favorite store--they dont have so much merchandise that I get overwhelmed- less to pick from , less confusion, and it is all nice. And they always have coupons, and sales- I very rarely buy anything full price.

I have  a bit of  clover, and also  have an awful weed in my yard called Bishops weed. It spreads, and apparently you can't killl it, unless you use the equivalent of  Agent Orange! DH used to say-who cares, it's green, but it drives me nuts. It is all over our neighbors, too, except the immaculate yard next door, who do Chem lawn. I just can't force myself to have all those chemicals put down, but I will not say I never will--it really drives me nuts.  I tell myelf next year I will l do it, then I don't.  I am munching on some cheese shavings with a little Merlot--nice little snack. I made some potato salad, DS will eat that, with burgers or hot dogs.  Rain be gone!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Forgot--congrats to  your son, Winter-- - he must be thrilled at such a high mark !

I am doing someething wrong- there are a ton more posts after what I thought was the last one. More to go back and read!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Now I see- there was another page of posts. DUH me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Pingo-I hope you feel better and enjoy the soup. 

Kar- next time,  put the duck sauce in your cup holder in the  car-  then you can dip the fingers on the way home!  Have you tried scallion pancakes? They are new to me--one of my sisters told me about them, so I tried it, and loved it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tulips, I'm sure you'll be pleased with your dresses - both high quality stores.  Nordstrom is another you'd like - free shipping and free returns.

eta:  lol, tulips, don't encourage me!  ;)  scallion pancakes are good...I like it all, basically.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Miss Tulips, you are a bad influence.  After reading your post I had to pop open a bottle of pinot grigio and  have some baby swiss cheese with!

Scallion pancakes are delicious.  Only found them myself a year or two ago and always order them now.

Cabbage is cooking, I still don't know what I'm having it with.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, just put a carrot out where I see him.  We'll see in the morning if it's gone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hahaa Tulips.  Excellent suggestion!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

HAHA--I am corrupting you all!! 

Kar-I went in Nordstroms once- saw cute shoes, and they were $250, so I just kept walking. Then I thought the store was cold, and said I would never go abck. But the other night, my GF was raving about their bra dept, so I will give it another try. Hard to fit these days!  Also, my son #2 is getting married in Dec, and they do have some beautiful dresses I saw on line. Also going to try Frugal Frannies- my sister just got her dress there for her daughter's wedding.