May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2013

I am very hard to fit bra wise and just had a wonderful experience at Nordstrom in every respect, price included.  Yes, they have super pricey things, but they also have things in the Banana Republic and Lord and Taylor range.  I avoided nordstorm forever thinking it was way out there in the stratosphere but have become a recent and very happy convert.  You can sort by price online, and you can't beat free shipping both ways!

I'm already pretty corrupted, lol. ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

haha--want some wine ? going over my neighbors for wine. She invited me for dinner- she was making fajitas, but I had my mind set on a hot dog with potato salad.

Also got a new kindle book I will start later-sounds light and funny--called a culinary mystery. .99- cant beat that!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Do you consort with white wine drinkers?  ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Cranked the heat up today - temp was hovering around 60.  Waiting for one cycle to go through and then I'll hop in the shower and get dressed.  Pancakes for breakfast this morning, definitely.

Carrot is still out there, no sighting of rabbit last night or yet today.  Hoping I see him and that he is living in my back section of the property.

Slept like a log until around 3:30, that's good for me.  Must have been those couple of glasses of pinot I had with supper.  Thanks, Tulips!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

My plans for today were cancelled because of the rain.  So an extra free day, but of course, it's hard to make fun plans for a rainy day and I guess we will just work around the house.  Hope all the cold sufferers are keeping warm and getting better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't remember if I posted after SS called me last night.  She got home mid afternoon, the girls were there, got lunch and made sure she was comfortable, then DD who lives at home got her some salmon she was craving and cooked that up for supper.  While she was in hospital one dau came in and did spring cleaning, so SS won't have to think about that.  Visiting nurses will come in and will set up home health aides for services she will need.  She sounded good, and I know so happy to be back home.  I've a feeling we'll see a post from her sometime over the week-end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. it's a bit chilly this morning. Need to ale DS to the library today to pick up a book for the final literature project. They need to read a fiction book and then design a story  board to the class as if they are pitching the book to be a bunch of hollywood producers to have it made into a movie. They can't read a book that's already been made into a movie. With 14 days left (last two of half days) seems a lot to do, but its interesting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all,

We, too, got a great night's sleep last night - maybe the cooler temps had something to do with it?  Anyway, I only woke up once to cough.  Put my hand over my mouth to breath warmer, moist air and drifted back to sleep.

Too bad plans are getting cancelled today.  Hats, how about a movie?  No need to work, work, work - it's a holiday weekend!  

Hoping everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend despite the wintery weather.  (It might SNOW here!)  I'm just checking in a minute before I start racing around to get Gracie to the kennel and get ready to go to NH.  We're leaving at 3:30 and we'll be back VERY late tonight...midnight?

~kar

P.S.  Somehow the 1 lb or so of our last asparagus harvest froze in the back of the fridge so I'll be making cream of asparagus soup for lunch in the Vitamix.  LOVE that thing!!!  I'm forever indebted to Pingo for inspiring me to go for it.

ETA:  Winter, it's hard to find a great one that hasn't been made into a movie...  My absolute favorite at his age (and he'd love it - it's about 2 teenage boys, best friends) was A Separate Peace, but it's a movie. :(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Feeling much better this morning. Still no running nose. Slept most of the day yesterday, took my onion syrup and drank 4 large mugs of my chicken soup. I am having another mug right now - boiling hot. Don't feel like having coffee this morning. DH put a bit of salt and pepper on the vegetable, the ones I normally discard, and ate that for dinner w/ a mug of soup. The chicken is still intact in the refrigerator. Maybe chicken pot-pie tonight, if I am up to it.
    Good news about ss. I am sure she will recuperate much faster at home, with her daughter there and some help coming in. Do hope to hear from her later today.
    Lousy weather for the long weekend. Lots of people must have planned cook-outs and graduation parties. I am glad we have no plans. We normally have lobsters on our deck on Mem. Day. Don't think that will happen this year. Haven't even bought the plants, I normally set out there. It has been too cold. My Mandavilla's are doing ok out there in the cold, but I need a new one this year as well. They are 7 years old after all. When I get around to it, I will re-pot them. That may give them some new life.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gosh, we're all posting at once!  

tt, meant to mention the good news re SS, thanks for the update, that's wonderful.  What a blessing to have such an attentive and caring family.

Pingo, no runny nose yet?  I hope you are fighting it off better than I did. :)  

ETA:  Gotta run for real this time!  Anyone else posting right this second, forgive me for missing it! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ss, glad you are home and being taken care of. Speaking of movies saw the new Star Trek last night, it was so good when I came home told DH he needed to see it. I'll be heading out tot a few stores, kohls is in my list as I need another pair of jeans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Yes, Kar--I DO consort with white wine drinkers. I drink both--usually red in the colder months, then white. Usually Sauvignon Blanc, but will also do Chardonnay or  Pinot.  TT--glad you slept well, and thanks for the credit!

My sister in law is coming over later today- she is having lunch up this way, then stopping by for some thank you notes she needs to write. It will be good to see her- she has always been very good to us, and took DH for lunch almost every week since he got sick. 

I  boiled up some eggs-had a couple for breakfast, and there are 3 left I will make devilled eggs with. Not sure who will eat them, though! DS1 HATES them. Maybe someone else will drop by....DD maybe.

One of the dresses I bought yesterday has shipped already- cant wait to see it! I did not start my new book last night- maybe later today. I need to make a list for the store. 

Kar- have a fun trip.

Pingo-glad you are feeling slightly better--sounds like maybe you caught it early? Pot pie sounds yummy. 

And good news re SS--she is lucky to have nice family around.

My winter, your son sure is busy--this next project sounds like fun. Does he like to read, or does he need to be pushed to read? 

Has Amber come back? She must have her GS by now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Tulips, Amber's Grandson Joey was born well and healthy and she was so happy the last time she checked in he was over a month old.

Pingo, glad you are better.

Winter, will be interested to hear what book your son picks.  I agree that there's very little time left for such a project. One would have thought the character was enough for this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have been working around, while watching A&E, and cleaning out end tables in l.r.  Came across a journal that had gotten pushed to the back of a drawer.  Very first entry in 2001 ended with:  "Came home to see a large brown rabbit grazing in the backyard.  A good sign, I think."  Also skimming through it quickly one of those earlier years has an entry describing p.t. I had for sciatica and bursitis in right hip - so that has been a long ongoing problem.

So much fun reading, 12 yr. old grandson was just a toddler then and his father would drop him off with me quite often while he did errands.  One entry said how tall he was getting, didn't need a stool any longer when we played "fishing" in the bathroom sink! 

I've left it out on the table, determined to pick up with entries every few days at least.  Last one was Labor Day, 2006.  What better day to begin again, then Memorial Day, 2013?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh yes, TT, keep going on that journal recording what is going on with the Greatgrands, etc.  It will be such a treasure for them and for you.

Concerning the bunny, you may have to start feeding them where you see them and then gradually move the food to where you want to see them.  They like to keep to the edges where they can get to cover quickly since owls, hawks, etc. all like to eat rabbit!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Just plant hostas, rabbits LOVE hostas!  They completely ate my huge hostas down to nothing last year.....  I was considering eating rabbit myself!  So we spray stinky stuff to keep the deer and rabbits away from our plants...  rabbits are cute and deer are majestic, but neither are true when they are eating my garden down to the ground.  Grrr!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are you sure it isn't just the deer that are eating your hostas, CT?  I have loads of hostas and not one of them has been touched yet.  But, when we start seeing deer in our backyard, the hostas are nibbled right down to the ground.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, am copying and emailing to pumpkin's mom, entry when G.T., partner and I went to see her in a high school play, in which I ended with, "XXXX really was the star of the show" !!  No prejudice there at all - LOL  I'm telling her about the journal, because I think she might be the one who would want it at some point.  Others really aren't interested in things like that, and would be inclined to just toss it without ever reading it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I am glad you are sharing with PM now.   A grandparent's love is a special thing; I only had two but I felth that they both loved me in a very accepting way, which is so important to a young person. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Tulips he doesn't really like to read, so sometimes its a struggle. He picked two books in case one is chosen by another student. One is Al Capone Does My Shirts and the other is The Boy that Dared. Both are historical fiction and both seem interesting.

tt, that journal you found is such a treasure. Can't wait to hear what your GD thought about what you shared with her.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Hope all the people under the weather are feeling better this morning.

tt, that journal you found is such a treasure. Can't wait to hear what your GD thought about what you shared with her. (Quote from Winter)

Here's her reply:

"Oh my god I remember that play! And taking the pictures!!! I can't believe it made it to your journal lol. I love looking back at some of my old journals I haven't written in any in so long...I guess been busy with other things. It would be awfully special to get to read that one day "

The play was a two part performance.  The pictures she refers to relate to the first part where she and a classmate were the videographers and had to find a dark, scarey source to film and then project on screens, as a background.  They used my cellar!  I had remarked in my journal entry how glad I was that the pictures were cropped, so didn't show how really messy my cellar was!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    What a treasure you found, tt. Wish I had a journal like that. Especially for the boys. I do have lots of pictures of them though. Polaroid pictures - remember those? You snapped the picture and out it came - pronto. They are in an album, and I have lots of notes there. When ever I wrote to my parents, I would take an action shot and stick it in the letter. They also had several albums, which I have now. We exchanged letters every week. Such a lost art these days with computers, FaceTime and Skype.

I spoke too soon yesterday morning. I was feeling better in the morning - or so I thought. A few hours later all hxll broke out, and I have been sniffling and coughing up a storm. My head feels like a balloon. Spend another day in bed. No fever, so it is a virus that just have to pass, as the good doc suggested. If the cough is getting worse, I will go and see him Tuesday. My bronchial system is very sensitive, and I don't want to end up w/ a secondary infection.

Laying low again today. Out of chicken soup, but DH brought home a large container of Wonton Soup for me last night. That was wonderful.

Everyone stay well, and try to have a good day despite this lousy weather.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good late morning, everyone - yawn!  Got home at just after midnight and slept 'til 7.  Wish it could have been another hour, but we both had things to do.

DH is away purchasing a Craig's list replacement for the tractor he just sold the same way.  I got Gracie, safe and sound, at 10:30, and the owner said she was an angel and had no issues.  

Seeing as though the party was at a restaurant all was well.  We had a good time and decent food.  I was glad I had a cushion of calories, though, from my cold taking away my appetite all week!

Pingo, sorry it has finally hit you full throttle.  I am coughing stuff up out of my lungs, but not bad, and I think I might escape a REAL problem.  Hope you follow suit and feel better really soon.  I came down with the sore throat 8 days ago and am not feeling too bad, now.  Felt like you do now last Tuesday - Thursday. :(

tt, so cool you found the journal.  I have kept one off and on throughout my life and have always enjoyed reading old entries.  Life changes so much and we hardly notice day to day.

Day 2 of using the WOOD STOVE!  And, we came home in a zero visibility blizzard, yes, we were straining our eyes to stay on the road.  Thankfully, it ended before we got very far.  Couldn't believe the weather and the date.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry you're feeling worse, Pingo.  Sounds as tho you have come down with the same virus Kargiver had.  Speedy recovery.

Nice that your party was held in a public place, Kargiver, kind of insured everyone would behave.  That was a lot of driving to do in one day.  Heard on TV that Bretton Woods woke up to a couple of inches of snow, as well as other locations there.  Son and fam are at Lake Winnie, wonder if they got any.  No snow here, but it was cold getting up this morning. 

Kind of waited and held off baking the eggplant, not sure what day if any, I might have company.  Ended by having a sausage roll with a glass of pinot.  Now, back to my heavy cleaning, so it will be out of the way, regardless of whether grad party is held here or not.  Took down a couple of kitchen wall decorations, and until they were down, could not see the dust that had accumulated, compliments of some grease, on them.  Taking my time, and getting a lot done the past couple of days.

Hope everyone with plans today, got them in.  It has cleared off here, but every once in a while goes back to grey skies.  Think the rain is all through tho.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You're having such a productive week, tt - I hope you are rewarded by having the party at your super spiffy place!  Sausage and red wine is a yummy pair.

tulips, speaking of wine, I'm glad we can still be friends. ;)  actually, I enjoy a smooth red once in awhile, especially with a rare steak, but my go-to is white.

We were in Laconia so I'm pretty sure anyone at Lake W got snow.  It's probably gone by now, though.  The ground is warm, the sun out...what chance does it have?  It was rough driving, though, even for experienced, careful drivers like DH.

Sections
Shortcuts