May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2013

That's an interesting assignment, Winter - not a boring book report, that's for sure.  I read things like that at that age; I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, just that it's heavy.  One of my favorite books when I was about 10 was Corrie Ten Boom's autobiography, a Jewish girl in Nazi Germany, as well.  The books I liked the most stuck with me my whole life because they had something to them.  To Kill a Mocking Bird, Of Mice and Men, Where the Red Fern Grows...all made into movies, though.  I hated to finish books in class school; I was usually sobbing...and loving it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's so funny, Hats.  I did a little more reading of the journal last night.  So much has taken place in 12 years.  Lilly's mom (was a teenager, not married, no Lilly) moved out because my son and DIL required her to be in at a certain time at night - then a few entries later she moved back in complete with pierced tongue!  Son's FIL was moving into their basement apt. and putting his house on the market, as soon as he returned from a  trip to Las Vegas!  I was going over a few of those things with my DIL when she called last night, and there were quite a few "Ohhh"'s and laughs.  Obviously, everything has worked out alright.  We now have Lilly plus two step grandchildren that came with her marriage.  FIL still lives in their basement apt.

But, yes, I will do a catch up on new additions and any major changes that have occurred since the last entry I made in 2006.  Have to finish reading my postings and see what's already been mentioned.  Funny, a couple of things I read, that obviously were important to me at the time, I don't even recall.

Time for a second cup of coffee.  Has stopped raining, so am keeping an eye out for lawn guys.  Have seen quite a few different lawn trucks drive by, so they must be working, wet grass or not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He was interested in it because he learned that all this boy did was read something that he wasn't supposed too. I'm in Marketing so this report is right up my alley. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, enjoying your journal with you - it is just amazing how it seems like "nothing changes" and yet everything does big time!

Winter, I think that will be an excellent experience start to finish for DS.  Two weeks isn't long, though.  A week to read, a week to work on the project?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yeah that's my concern, he's not the fastest reader, but he understands what he reads. He also has a Poerty report that is due Monday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, have you been to the furniture Consignment shop were the old Calorusso's was? I noticed it last night and I'm going to check it out Saturday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Woke up this morning feeling a lot better after a full night's sleep. Still a lot of non productive  coughing. I know it will pass, so i am just hanging in there. I will let the antibiotics do their work.
    Kar, I get your feeling about the chicken coop. CT made a very clear picture of what is expected. Reading her post, I wouldn't want one either. Sorry, I suggested it.
    Winter, that is one heavy project in just two short weeks. I have been to the consignment shop, you mentioned. Not a good experience. I had a couple of questions, and the owner was very aloof. Like she didn't have time for me. I hope you will have a better experience, if you go there.
    Made my cabbage soup last night. Every time I make it, it amazes me how good it is. Still have leftovers for tonight.
    I need to go to the office today. Have payroll to do this week. Will just do that and then go home. Not up to par yet.
    Have a good day everyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Pingo. As we drove by last night I noticed a wrought iron outdoor sofa and I need to know how much it is. Hopefully the price is right. Glad you are feeling a little better, please don't do too much at the office.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    When I go by there this morning, I will take a look at it and let you know. She usually attach the price to the items.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It really is a sore subject here in the kargiver household, but a suggestion is just that - a suggestion.  Nothing to apologize for, Pingo.  That's why I didn't go into why I didn't want them; I didn't want anyone to feel bad for being so enthusiastic over the idea.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh thanks. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

My two cents on the journal, tt - mark an entry with your reactions to reading the old ones.  I am having a blast with what you are sharing with us.

Thanks for all of your input on the photo centerpieces.  I'm glad I mentioned it.  Didn't want to seem too boastful or pretentious "here, have a picture of my DD, I know you want it" but you are right that theses are the people in her life who love her. 

Winter, I agree with the rest.  This seems like a pretty intense project for the final weeks of school.  Would it help him get through the book if it were a family thing?  Taking turns reading out loud, maybe.  I assume you'll have to know the story too to help with the board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't think it is pretentious or self indulgent to have guests play for the photos. :)

just finished the other half of the blended concoction I made this morning.  Love, love, love the vitamix.  I wish I had had it when I was losing weight.  I've been making celery smoothies.  Delicious, low cal, and so filling.

ok, out to the grocery store; we are out of important stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, I'm going to try to read the book tonight and tomorrow night at 173 pages I should breeze right through it. I'm sure we'll be helping with the board. He's a bit sad beacuse it's a poster and drawing his not his thing at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Most storyboards are in black and white and are comic-book like in real life (I googled) perhaps that will make it seem less intimidating to him....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Could it be a "cut and paste" type comic book/news funnies type poster?  A collage, perhaps with his own block printing at top or bottom?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I misread I believe it's a movie poster type of thing.

ETA:  But I was thinking could be some cut and pasting of photos.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There are many creative ways around needing to draw for the poster, I'd think.

just got back with the groceries and the sun is out, yay!  Will put the food away and walk Gracie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't get too excited about the sun, Kargiver.  It was out here too, but now is getting all grey and clouded over again.  I did hear we are in for severe thunderstorms later afternoon.  Getting my washes done and dried before they start.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Aww, that stinks...I better hurry up and get out there, thanks!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am at work, but feel I shouldn't really be here. Everything slow motion for me today. I have my own office, so I won't spread around, what I have - besides, I am not contagious any longer, or DH would have joined me in my misery.
    Winter, I didn't stop by the consignment shop on my way to work. DH wanted me to go to the bank, so I came from different direction. Will keep it in mind for tmw. morning.
    Have a few bills to pay; then I will call it a day.
    I am glad I don't have to be involved in that movie project. Seems difficult to me, and I am usually quite good at those things. I sometimes wonder, who gets those stupid ideas.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It's ok Pingo, no worries. Sorry everything is going in slow motion. Hope you get out quickly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry you're still feeling awful, Pingo, and have to drag yourself to work.  

just finished a hot, humid walk...guess that's nothing next to the rest of the week's heat wave.  Went out before everything was put away so must get on the stick.

tt, still sunny here, but not as much so...seems it's getting darker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No rain here yet.  Put my dishwasher on, and have a Celeste mushroom pizza in the oven.  Just went out and scratched (like a chicken! haha) bare spots in the yard and threw some seed down and scratched over again.  The patch I did out front has nice little shoots coming up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Like a chicken, good one. ;)  Yes, it's been perfect new grass growing weather.  Well, not the cold part, but the rain and then the sun.  If they can sprout before the birds get them the seeds will do great in the moist heat, I bet.

ETA: getting darker and darker here, but no rain yet, either.