May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2013

5:00 news/weather says severe thunderstorm warning in effect until 11 p.m.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not surprising - it's getting more and more humid and dark.  But, as long as we don't get hail we're happy.

got mushrooms that needed to be cooked tonight on the stove with onions and garlic. Bought hamburg...hoping DH wants burgers, but if not, I'll make them for myself.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Omg, these burgers with the natural TJ's beef (85% lean) were delectable.  So much for going lighter today - did well until I had 1 1/2 third of a pound burgers, biscuit, cup of sauteed mushrooms and onions, salad with dressing, and wine for dinner.  Oh, well, it was yummy, and I feel great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Getting darker and darker here, time to shut down the computer.

Burgers sound good, kargiver.  I've gotten angus beef hamburg at Hannaford's and I feel the same way about that mix.

Hope you don't get hit too badly with these thunderstorms tonight.  Chat tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

G'night - best wishes out your way, too, tt and everyone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, boy, here it comes!  The sky is lighting up like the 4th, and the rain has started.  The neighbor's dog must be in a panic...he hates storms.  No sign of him, though, so he must be inside.  Gracie is snug as a bug in her crate for the night.  I've got the flashlights ready, but we'll probably turn in before the lights go out, anyway.

See you tomorrow...if we all have power. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Such a proud mom day. DS' school choir has been asked to sing at Harvard's graduation. I'm over the moon, though I wish I could sneak in. Thay also have a choir tonight, all proceeds to benefit the One Fund.

What a lovely day it will be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, Winter, that's AWESOME!!!  Congrats to him and his choir, and I'm choked up for where the money is going given your tie.  Maybe he'd consider starting a journal - this would be a great first entry.

ETA:  I know you'd want to be there, but I'm sure Harvard's graduation will be taped and put on YouTube by at least one graduate...right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Congrats, I am sure someone from Harvard will video it and post on YouTube if not specifically for you parents.  Maybe ask the powers that be at the school if that is planned?  I think singing in a choir is such a valuable experience for any child.  Your DS is really taking advantage of his opportunities!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, great minds think alike, huh, Hats?  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm hoping someone does that. :) They are singing one song, Hello, Goodbye by the Beatles. I was very touched by where the money is going, we bought the kids Boston Strong t-shirts and they are wearing jeans and sneakers tonight. I defintely can't get him to start a journal, the teacher has enough trouble wiht that...lol. Thanks Hats, he's quite the singing, he wanted one of the solos tonight, but he's at the cracking voice stage. :(

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Congratulations, Winter.  That's a wonderful honor for their choir to be chosen.  Such sweet voices they have at that age.  How is the transportation being arranged, are they all going together in one bus?  As the others have said, I'm sure it will be taped.  Is the choir tonight open to the parents and general public?  I'm sure you will get some wonderful pictures of that too.  Don't blame you for being proud.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Transporation is all set. This The thing that is really cool is that this is the youngest choir the school has had, it's open to 5th - 8th grade, but no 8th graders are in it this year. Yes, tonight is open to the public so I'll be getting there an hour beforehand to save some seats. Sadly my mom will miss it for the first time, since she is still one her cruise, Stockholm Sweeden today. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's too bad about your mom missing it, but at least it's for a fun reason. :)  I bet at least part of their number will be on NECN or local Boston news given it's Harvard and that it's tied to The One Fund. We'll be watching for it!

we had strong thunderstorms last night - anyone else?  It's gonna be a scorchah...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The concert tonight is for the One Fund. The graduation will most likely be on tv but probably just Oprah and Mayor Mennino, but maybe. Yes we had quite the light show.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

It was thundering when I fell asleep, but I missed all the lightning.  Was quite a show from what the morning dog walkers tell me.

Winter, how wonderful for DS!  Have a great time tonight.  I will be rocking out at the OneFund concert in your honor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

You are going to the concert, how great. I just found out that Harvard is live straming the graduation, so I'll be watching from my phone. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, sorry - thanks for clearing up my confusion, winter.  

Nov, you're going to the concert?  Cool!

we had lots of flashes, too, but I went to sleep as if nothing was happening, too - I can sleep through just about anything.

it must be humid already; I can smell the chimney...yuck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

His choir is having a concert tonight, they decided to give the money to the One Fund.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Anyone with any baby shower planning coming up?  Heard a cute decoration last night.  Friend received a shower invite written in poem form, (I like that, of course!) and it mentioned, if  you would like, to bring a bib, onesie, booties, washcloth, something small to hang on the baby boy's clothesline they'll have strung up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Since I'm not needing a new computer (thanks to my wonderful tech), I think my "found" overpaid heating oil money will be well put towards a new kitchen table.  Pedestal split is even wider.  G.T. had a wonderful idea, a farm table, white legs (matching cabinet he did for me) and a natural finished oak top.  That way I can keep the same chairs, which I love.

"A hunting we will go - - - "

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

OK I posted but it looks like it didn't work.

tt, that's a great shower idea. I've seen a table like that at the usual furniture stores, so I think you will find what you are looking for. Good tast G.T. has.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What an honor, Winter. Was watching a bit of the live steam, but did not hear your son's choir. They will stream it again at 4 pm. Just love those boy voices.

What a night. Didn't get much sleep. The thunder and lightning was just above us. One hit a tree in our back yard. The tree seems to be doing ok, but there is a burnt line going down the length of the tree. We lost power for maybe 20 minutes.

Hot out already. Our A/C's are running constantly. With the humidity, it is not going to be one of the best weekends out.

Feeling a lot better this morning in regard to my cold; if I had gotten some sleep, I would have felt a lot better. Since I haven't spent much time at my office lately, I have a lot of catching up to do, so I will drag myself in there today. Will rest over the weekend.

Kar, I don't have the Asparagus Soup recipe in my Vita book. Would you mind posting yours? I have a good stock of Asparagus bottoms. Thanks!

Have a good day everyone and try to stay cool.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Vitamix Cream of Asparagus

3.5 cups chopped, well cooked (steamed) asparagus, nothing peeled or trimmed

2 cups chicken stock

1/3 cup half and half (recipe calls for heavy cream, but not necessary)

salt and pepper to taste

Steam asparagus until very soft.  Add cooked asparagus and chicken stock to Vitamix and run on high until steam escapes, about 5 - 6 minutes.  Turn down to Level 5, pour the half and half through the top and blend 30 more seconds.  Add salt and pepper to taste, blend and serve.

makes 5 cups (40 oz), 63 calories per cup (I entered the recipe with half and half into LoseIt and measured the finished amount to be exactly 5 cups).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I forgot to mention, I went to a baby shower a long time ago, where that was mentioned in the invitations. But a specific age group was also included, so we didn't all bring new born stuff.  Like 3 months, 6 months etc. If I remember correctly, it went all the way up to 2 years of age.
    The hostesses had even bought the mother-to-be one of those drying racks, you place in your yard, as well as one of the small ones you keep inside. When we arrived, we were given clothes pins to pin up our gifts. Such a cute idea. I am glad to hear it is still going on.

Sections
Shortcuts