May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2013

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

OK I posted but it looks like it didn't work.

tt, that's a great shower idea. I've seen a table like that at the usual furniture stores, so I think you will find what you are looking for. Good tast G.T. has.

He and I have been googling around - haven't found one.  you'd think they'd be everywhere.  Found a couple with the black legs and natural top.  White would look better in my kitchen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

tt, something like this?   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Autumn-Lane-Farmhouse-Dining-Table-White-and-Natural-/121110909782?pt=US_Tables&hash=item1c32c5d356

PS: Probably not your style, but I often see nice tables at the thrift shops and yard sales...if you have the time to look around.  For some reason, church yard sales seem to have good stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, Target has a round one with a drop leaf. http://www.target.com/p/round-drop-leaf-pedestal-table/-/A-10454798#prodSlot=dlp_medium_2_6&term=oak+tables+white

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's nice Robin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, we posted at the same time on the previous page - I posted the recipe

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, girls.  Winter, I'm definitely staying away from pedestal now, and was hoping for something a little bigger than the 56" x 42" x 18" size I have now.

Robin, I do like the one on ebay, had in mind thicker legs, distressed white farmhouse look, and G.T. thinks the size is pretty much the same as my present table seats.  But, it is the closest we have come across.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, turns out they are singing during one of the diploma ceremonies. Guess each school breaks into their own area.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

This is what you like, but look at the price :(

http://www.etsy.com/listing/126039316/white-farm-table-with-turned-legs-solid?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=table+white+legs+farm&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

But , like I said they do show up at consignment and thrifts shops from time to time for a fraction of the cost   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/126039316/white-farm-table-with-turned-legs-solid?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=table+white+legs+farm&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

This is what you like, but look at the price :(

But , like I said they do show up at consignment and thrifts shops from time to time for a fraction of the cost.

The price is OK, (except for the shipping! lol) I do have that "found" money.  But I'm picturing one in my mind, don't know if I have ever seen it, but mine has thick square legs with a little ball carved in at top, and distressed.  Thank you for your effort tho.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Farmhouse table in white scrubbed pine

PS: there was another one at Etsy with big legs, I think it's more what you're thinking of, but I couldn't post the link.  It was rather expensive, but something to compare.

Here it is!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78903409/farmhouse-table-in-white-scrubbed-pine?ref=sr_gallery_2&sref=sr_7290f8c2545708de7ec37305b6e90e0147f70e55d150e163d4162cad4c09955e_1369936742_14216810_white&ga_search_query=table+white+legs+farm&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That is what I was thinking of, but it's a coffee table, by the looks, and I need an oak top to match the chairs and my cabinets.  I think I know now where I've seen it when I see that picture, my youngest has a coffee table very similar to that.

ETA:  See you said there is another with longer legs.  Just googled in the site $3800!  And that's for the coffee table?  Mrs. Moneybags, I am not

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I see, Winter. The larger graduations usually breaks into the different departments to hand out the diplomas.
    Sadly, your bench is gone. Took a look at some of the other stuff she has. I don't believe everything is consignment stuff. Some looked brand new and pricy.
    She did have 2 nice 15 inch tall Buddhas. $135. What do you think, tt, is that reasonable?

Thanks for the recipe, Kar. Ok, I get it - you do steam your veggies, before you put them in the blender. That makes a lot more sense. The recipes, I used, used raw veggies - as the guy that demonstrated it in Costco did. Broccoli soup turned out poisonous green. Tasted ok, but we couldn't eat it - too unappetizing. Son was here, and he commented, " You got to be kidding, if you think I am going to  eat that." LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It's a dining room table, lol, I posted it for comparison purposes only (as I stated before).

The thing is, that when they show up at the Salvation Army,  they linger around for a while before someone appreciates what they are and scoops them up!

It's good to know, so if you do spot one at a yard sale you'll recognize it's worth.

I'm sure you will find something nice for a lot less.

PS: I know I have seen tables like that at consignment shops for $200-$300 every now and then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, Pingo, he was wrong to have used raw veggies, totally wrong.  All the soups we've had have been according to the Vitamix recipes and have been above restaurant quality - absolutely delicious and appetizing to look at, too.  You can blend raw veggies and make nice cold drinks, but not soup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

tt, Fiddleheads Consignment Shop 781-828-9444

A rustic farm table with heavy straight legs (from an antique shop)
    not priced yet, just came in,  a couple of people are already interested.
    You may want to check it out. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Took Gracie for a walk but had to take it really slow she was so hot so fast.  We looped half way through back to the house for a bathroom break for Mommy and a water break for her that she didn't avail herself of.  Went back out and took it easy.  Probably didn't go more than 2.5 miles in an hour and a quarter.

Speaking of the asparagus soup, I hope that's what's for dinner...depends on if DH will be home.  He's in RI on business today and usually eats out with his coworkers in that case.  Waiting for the call.  It only takes 25 minutes start to finish, though, so no worries.

pingo, I hope you'll start to see your Vitamix as a lovely soup maker.  It's truly a star in that area if you follow the Vitamix instructions, not the bad lead of that demonstrator...I can't believe he did that!  I intend to make cream of celery soup by subbing the asparagus for celery one to one once our celery is ready in the garden.

winter, blessings tonight!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back from the planting at the cemetary.  Son brought my cookie baking GD - she was the water girl.  He gave her a chance to plant some of the front flowers - but - oh, dirt on her knees even tho she was kneelng on a towel!

Canton is nowhere near me, Robin.  Would not even consider transporting a table that far, especially in my little nissan!  I do appreciate your hound dog investigating, sniffing out these specimens, but G.T. tells me they are on vacation next week, and will keep their eyes open.  Now that they no longer have a pickup, don't know where they would stash a table, either.  It's fun looking tho.  T.J. Maxx, Home Goods, also sometimes have a one of a kind table. - "You never know - - "

Pingo, I think a buddha can be had for less than $135.  Depends on the pose and how much you love him.

I realize you've already left work so won't see this, Winter, but congrats again on your son being involved in a wonderful concert tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I do use my Vita Mixer as a soup maker. But I make them the old fashion way in a pot, then blend them, before I add the creme, milk or half'n half. They come out lovely. I will try to make them your way. But if I have to steam the veggies first, I might as well simmer them in the broth and get all the flavors and nutrients.  I imagine "your way" is excellent for leftover cold veggies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, nice day to plant and how nice to let GD get dirty to help. :)

pingo, it woud be just as good either way, just no pot to clean "my" way, lol.  The drawback is the noise.  You have to run it long enough on high to make it hot enough to serve, usually 6 minutes. Either way, though, you get the silky goodness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Back from the planting at the cemetary.  Son brought my cookie baking GD - she was the water girl.  He gave her a chance to plant some of the front flowers - but - oh, dirt on her knees even tho she was kneelng on a towel!

Canton is nowhere near me, Robin.  Would not even consider transporting a table that far, especially in my little nissan!  I do appreciate your hound dog investigating, sniffing out these specimens, but G.T. tells me they are on vacation next week, and will keep their eyes open.  Now that they no longer have a pickup, don't know where they would stash a table, either.  It's fun looking tho.  T.J. Maxx, Home Goods, also sometimes have a one of a kind table. - "You never know - - "

Pingo, I think a buddha can be had for less than $135.  Depends on the pose and how much you love him.

I realize you've already left work so won't see this, Winter, but congrats again on your son being involved in a wonderful concert tonight.

Hi Toytrumpet..not sure how far this is from you but there's a nice flea market in Rowley Ma where I've found a lot of great and unique furniture pieces for sale.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually, that's a good suggestion, Miscricket.  I've been there many times.  Not for a few years, but you're right, that's the type of place where I just might be able to find one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Saving the asparagus for tomorrow - DH ate dinner and will be home at 8:30.  So, for myself, a cold soup of TJ's tomato pepper soup blended with a celery heart and hot sauce.  Yes, all I really needed to make it a truly great dinner was vodka, lol, but alas we don't keep that on hand.  I'm having a nice beer, though.  

What is on everyone else's menu this hot, humid evening?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Saving the asparagus for tomorrow - DH ate dinner and will be home at 8:30.  So, for myself, a cold soup of TJ's tomato pepper soup blended with a celery heart and hot sauce.  Yes, all I really needed to make it a truly great dinner was vodka, lol, but alas we don't keep that on hand.  I'm having a nice beer, though.  

What is on everyone else's menu this hot, humid evening?

Hi Kar,

DH's best friend and his wife came to our house with dinner. They brought marinated chicken and tips which we cooked on the grill, a cold veggie platter and last but not least a really tasty potato salad made with garlic, cider vinegar, apple juice, bacon and mustard. It quite tasty. She's going to e-mail the recipe to me, but I guess she found it in Runner's World magazine.

Everyone had some nice cold Sam Summer except for me. I stuck with my usual ice water..lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Actually, that's a good suggestion, Miscricket.  I've been there many times.  Not for a few years, but you're right, that's the type of place where I just might be able to find one.

Good luck..and I will keep my eyes open too..although I don't imagine I'll get over there for another few weeks at least..lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a fabulous summer weather dinner, miscricket!  That potato salad sounds like how I prefer it with some tartness and bacon...yum.

just about to turn in...good night, everyone

Sections
Shortcuts