May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Re: May 2013

Good morning ladies!  Thought I would check in while everyone is still sleeping.  I have a week and a half left before I go back to work I can't believe DD is  2 months old already. She's gained 3 pounds and grew 2.5 inches!

DS is a great big brother and has started to be resigned to the fact that she's here to stay :)

We put the pool up Wednesday and I filled it yesterday. It couldn't have been warmer than 60 degrees but DS got in and wouldn't get out. Off today to find a solar cover, new skimmer, float for DD and if DS is good this morning he can use his chore money to buy a toy for himself. I hope to get all the laundry washed and out to dry today, since we'll have a busy day tomorrow splitting firewood to sell to the campers. It would be nice to have another weekend of great sales, last weekend we sold almost every thing we had! It's a lot of work but gives us that little extra cash to go out to eat or for ice cream :)

We'll probably have pb&j for lunch and I took out hamburger for tacos for dinner. Have a great day! 

SAW

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Nice to see you, SAW. :)  I remember when 60 was warm enough for me, lol; it was about 35 years ago.  My toes would be BLUE and I still didn't want to come out.  When did I become a wimp?  Tacos sound good.

DH just finally forced himself out the door about 45 minutes later than usual...you know how it is, you don't want to go and you drag your feet.  He's itching to plant the things in the greenhouse in the garden, this weekend's agenda.

Thinking of your family, Winter, as KC was in the news, again this morning for what her school did for her.  Heartwrenching.  Have you been to the memorial yet?  I looked for DS's choir on the news, but the big names stole the few seconds devoted to Harvard's grad.  Who can compete with Oprah for news time?  LOL  Tell us all about his experience!

My dear in-town friend will be here at 9:30 to walk with me and Gracie before it gets too hot, hopefully.  Already pretty warm.  70s next week are predicted; Gracie will be especially grateful for the seasonable temps.  She suffers.

Oh, and speaking of her suffering, I hit the quick (barely) on one of her toes yesterday clipping her nails.  Sigh...it's been about a year since I've done that, but I feel like such a failure when I do.  She seems to understand its an accident, though...sigh.

tt, your inspiration finally did play out here, and I did nearly all the baseboards yesterday.  Looks great given they are white and Gracie is black, lol.  And, I Furminated her a couple of days ago so hopefully she won't be shedding quite so much.

TGIF, everyone!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Nope,  6:49 I was hopping out of the shower and going upstairs to bring down my supply of bermudas.  Even so, with that early start, my son beat me to it and I heard him open the front door - on his way home from work.  He had said he'd stop in and put in my A/C.  I thought I had until 8:00 to clear the way for him, pulling back bedroom curtain, making up bed, getting hair dryer off the A/C - and most of all, being dressed.  The older I get, the more I want to look "presentable" when they see me.  Anyway, it's all in, plus the screen insert in my front door.  He said the house felt nice and cool when he walked in - I open the windows at night and then around 9:00 in the morning when the heat starts to drift in, I close everything up.  My house stays surprisingly cool.

I haven't seen posts from you before, SAW, but from reading yours, think you must usually post on the toddlers thread.  "Splitting wood to sell to campers" leads me to believe you probably live in NH?  It's nice to see a new poster join our group.  I think we're a good representation of all ages now, you've probably been reading us before jumping in, but glad you did.  Love hearing about the "little ones".  How old is your little fellow who has "chore money" to spend?  So cute.

Put my trash out, but still have to drag out the recycling bin.  Filled up quickly with the empty litter containers.  Should run out before the heat level gets up, and pick up some more birdseed, milk, and f.f.  Hate to get into my car and get heated up, now that the A/C in there is on the fritz.  I'll put a call in to garage this morning to see if they think another job of cleaning condensor and recharging the freezone will do the trick.

Macaroni salad plate day for me today.  If I do get to store will pick up some chicken tenders for supper. 

Hope post from Winter is on about her son's concert last night.  Such an exciting event for someone his age to be involved in.

Pingo, hope you're feeling still better this morning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

TT we're on the south shore. Our road has 2 campgrounds and we are very close to a state forest. It's also a main route between 2 highways so we get lots of people.  DS is 4 and get a dollar or 2 if he helps dad stack wood. He also helps grampa on the cranberry bogs and gets 'paid'. I'm not sure how much help he really is but if my fil wants to pay him I'm not going to question it :) WHen it means to I get an hour of free babysitting. 

I don't post frequently on the parent boards, but I do follow all of you even if I don't post often. I used to post and follow the wedding boards around the same time kar, cosmos and aunt beth  did and am a bourndale bride like cosmos.

Since I like to cook and sew and we have a big garden and chickens this board is more my style.

I'm off for a quick shower while DD is full. ~saw

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. What a wonderful concert it was, though the kids looked sooo tired. They were the talk of Harvard, since they have never had children sing at the graduation. The school had gotten them t-shirts with the Dean's (who's retiring) photo with the defintion of distingushed dean. DS said they had to wear them over their polo shirts (poor kids).

The concert last night was wonderful. The kids were so good and I'm so proud of all of them. These kids gave up their reccess twice a week so they could sing these pop songs. At one point they had those led light up votives and each child gave one to the policeman that were invite and had one for themselves. They dedicated the song "Fix You" by Coldplay to the victims and first responders (We had a first responder there that helped Brittany Loring). Well the soloist was the best of the night and I cried thinking. DS saw me from his front row spot and gave me the ok sighn. :) They raised $2000. for the One Fund.

It is great what the school is doing for her. She is very pleased, it was her goal to get that degree. She was pretty close to it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Welcome SAW - so nice to see a new poster. Looking forward to more posts from you; looks like you have an interesting life.
    Nice to have your A/C in, tt. Yesterday, I draw all the blinds and turned the temp down to 72 before I left. It was amazingly cool, when we got home. So cool, we turned off the A/C for the night. Now it is back on and will be for the rest of the day.
    Worked late at the office last night, so we stopped to get a bite to eat, before going home. Glad I didn't have to cook and heat up the kitchen. It was a beautiful evening out around 10. Warm, but not hot and humid. One of those rare evenings.
    Yes, Winter, please tell us about DS singing at Harvard. He could have said like Oprah, "Oh, my God, I am at Harvard." LOL
    Taking off today. Need to run several errands. The usual. Have to think of some cool dinner for tonight. Potato salad sounds good. Haven't started our grill yet this year. Maybe tonight is the day.
    Have a good one and stay cool.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, we posted at the same time. So nice to hear about those kids. It will be something, that will be stuck in their memory forever. You certainly have the right to be a proud mom.
    Did you see my post yesterday? Sorry, your bench is gone.

ETA. I forgot to mention, "Fix You" is a beautiful song, but NOT an easy one to do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I did, this was like a couch, but thaks for looking. I may take a drive over and see what they have tomorrow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to SAW73's comment:

Good morning ladies!  Thought I would check in while everyone is still sleeping.  I have a week and a half left before I go back to work I can't believe DD is  2 months old already. She's gained 3 pounds and grew 2.5 inches!

DS is a great big brother and has started to be resigned to the fact that she's here to stay :)

We put the pool up Wednesday and I filled it yesterday. It couldn't have been warmer than 60 degrees but DS got in and wouldn't get out. Off today to find a solar cover, new skimmer, float for DD and if DS is good this morning he can use his chore money to buy a toy for himself. I hope to get all the laundry washed and out to dry today, since we'll have a busy day tomorrow splitting firewood to sell to the campers. It would be nice to have another weekend of great sales, last weekend we sold almost every thing we had! It's a lot of work but gives us that little extra cash to go out to eat or for ice cream :)

We'll probably have pb&j for lunch and I took out hamburger for tacos for dinner. Have a great day! 

SAW

Kids just love the water..lol. I actually don't mind the cold water. I took my first dip in the ice cold atlantic ocean yesterday morning. I went to the beach with my nephew's wife and my little (grand) niece although I just usually refer to her as my baby niece. She'll be three in a couple of months and she is just hysterical.

Tacos for dinner....hmm....now that sounds like a good idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Good morning. What a wonderful concert it was, though the kids looked sooo tired. They were the talk of Harvard, since they have never had children sing at the graduation. The school had gotten them t-shirts with the Dean's (who's retiring) photo with the defintion of distingushed dean. DS said they had to wear them over their polo shirts (poor kids).

The concert last night was wonderful. The kids were so good and I'm so proud of all of them. These kids gave up their reccess twice a week so they could sing these pop songs. At one point they had those led light up votives and each child gave one to the policeman that were invite and had one for themselves. They dedicated the song "Fix You" by Coldplay to the victims and first responders (We had a first responder there that helped Brittany Loring). Well the soloist was the best of the night and I cried thinking. DS saw me from his front row spot and gave me the ok sighn. :) They raised $2000. for the One Fund.

It is great what the school is doing for her. She is very pleased, it was her goal to get that degree. She was pretty close to it.

Wow..that sounds like it was an incredibly beautiful experience and one that will live in your heart for a very long time.

"Fix you" by Coldplay is a song that always chokes me up for personal reasons. It's such a beautiful song. I bet everyone who was there was touched.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I had never heard the song before simply beautiful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, so happy for you and your son that he had this experience.  I choke up so when I  hear the kids sing.  Amazes me that tears aren't running down their cheeks too.

Bit the bullet and ran up to S&S - leaving the majority of my coupons on the kitchen table!  But I did remember to take the "$10 off grocery bill of $100" one of theirs.  I always wonder if I'm going to hit the mark, and didn't need to worry this morning.  Some of the things on my list were on sale, so doubled my quantity and did indeed get $10 off the total.  I've dragged them in, now to put away.  House felt so nice and cool when I opened the back door.  Glad I have the A/C in.

Saw , you have chickens??  Did you see my post about the pics of chicken coops in this month's Country Living?  It was enough to make you want to get some - until we had a sobering post of what's really involved in raising chickens, from one of the other posters.  I'd just be happy to see my brown rabbit again.  No sign of him/her for days.  Maybe he's a she and she's having babies.  No Handsome Harry out there this morning either.  Was sure since I was up so early I'd see him.

Oh, cutest thing, mother pulling son in a wagon up the street, and it has a covered wagon canopy just over the top.  Miss those days - not of the covered wagons, I'm not quite that old, but of having the little ones.

The groceries aren't going to put themselves away, and I've left Cheerio in the kitchen with bags of meat - - -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fix You is one of my favorite songs...so soulful and tender.  Great choice for the caregivers.

tt, did you see I posted this morning about how you inspired me? :)  Too bad about the coupons - I am prone to do such things...frustrating.

just got back from our walk, and we are all HOT!  Poor Gracie and her black coat.  We strolled, though, so didn't push it.

It's over 100 in the wide open greenhouse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wow, I've no idea what the temp is here.  I know I just clinked the A/C temp down to 71.  It's in my b.r. window, so blows out into the l.r. where I spend a good part of my time, does cool down the rest of the house, but if I'm working in the kitchen I put on  floor fan.

Have an ear of corn cooking.  Then I'll make the mac salad to munch on.  Picked up some hamburg (not the angus that Hannaford's has, but it was on sale) so may end up with that tonight instead of the tenders.  Tenders are always good to have in case company decides to come, they saute up so fast.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

My thermometer says 93, but I believe the official temp. is 89. Bless the guy, who invented the A/C.
    I should have gone out earlier, but I needed to clean out my refrigerator, before the house heats up (if it does). Didn't have the time since company left, and there was lots of odds and ends in there. When I have no more small bowls left, I know it is time.
    Felt like making potato salad for tonight, but I am out of potatoes. Never happens. Good I could put that on my list. I use the small Yukon Gold. Not sure yet, what to serve with it. Too hot to grill. Maybe I will just boil a couple of hot dogs. They don't take long to cook.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Loving the summery food choices!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As I stuffed my bowl of Mac salad into the fridge, I was just wondering about what's on those shelves that's filling them up so, Pingo!  I'm pretty good about freezing leftovers now, so I'll have to investigate and see what's holding up the space.  Will chill the mac until 12:30 and fix a nice lettuce, tomato, mac salad plate and a glass of iced tea/lemonade to have while watching Y&R.  Hope you get to see it today, Miscricket.  Love the dynamics going on now between Adam and Victor.  If only Victor were sincere and that caring a father - - past experience leaves me very suspicious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, hope you have a nice lunch. Somehow I never liked Mac Salad, so I never make it. Had a friend, who now lives in FLA. She would make the same Mac Salad every time, she invited me over for lunch. I ate it to be polite. Maybe that the reason, I have an aversion to it. LOL

Never mind potatoes. Just made a nice Quinoa Salad. Campary Tomatoes (they are on sale, tt), mini cukes and red onions w/ fresh lemon juice dressing. Had a small bowl for lunch - yum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know, I picked up 2 pkgs. of the tomatoes.  If I don't have company this week-end I'll freeze one pkg, have done that before and halved, they make a nice addition to any saute.  Their pkg'd corn was good, just had one.  My treat later this afternoon will be some of the raspberries.  Found a pkg underneath that was a nice bright red.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice cool, refreshing treat, tt. :)

as for my cool, refreshing treat, I just bought some summer ale...cheers!

ETA: Pingo, thanks for the meal suggestion - quinoa salad is now on the menu, and I'll make enough for the weekend, too.  DH loves quinoa.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How is SS doing, tt?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I talked with her yesterday.  The doctor had ordered a scan on her swollen legs earlier in the week to be sure there was no blood clot.  That test came out fine.  She isn't being completely honest with the V.N. about her pain level, scared they will put her back in the hospital.  I tried to reassure her that they would just change her pain med, and told her she needed to be completely honest with them, or they couldn't help her.  Think she got a little peeved with me and my advice.  I'll wait a day or two and then give her a call.  I know her family are all keeping a watch on her and taking good care.  Just put some KFC coupons in the mail to her.  Don't know if any of the towns are close to her, but she'll have DD drive miles to get her KFC!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's too bad she is ignorning her dear friend's good advice.  Pain in and of itself causes inflamation hormones to be released which actually impedes healing so it's not just a matter of being able to muscle through it; it hampers her getting well.  But, you can lead a horse to water...  You are such a good friend.  I hope she reconsiders that you love her and are giving her the BEST advice and she should take it even if it means readmitting.  Another consideration is that if her pain isn't where it should be she might have a problem that needs looking at.  That's great she doesn't have a blood clot, though - that was my first thought when she got admitted with swelling.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out soon, what a busy little afternoon this was.Have a good weekend. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

TGIF, Winter, have a great weekend!