May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: May 2013

Just came back from my errands. It is hot out, but not too bad, as it is not humid. My car showed 97 degrees, but that is under the hood. Just perfect TX weather. I just imagined, I was in TX visiting my son; then it didn't feel so bad. LOL
    Dinner plans changed. Went to TJ's and there they were. Those beautiful, huge, 5 - 6 inches across Artichokes. They must have just come in. They were so very fresh and completely tight. One ($1.29) is a meal in itself. Will do them in the pressure cooker again; no heating up the kitchen. DH can have a small helping of the quinoa salad, if he wants. Not needed, but he loves it. Besides I already had a helping for lunch. It will keep for a few days, if we let it. I always make sure to make a large portion.
    I also picked up some large Portabella mushrooms, I will stuff and serve w/ the quinoa salad tmw. or whenever. And w/ the potato salad in my mind, I got the Yukon Golds and some chicken sausages to go with it. Looks like we are all set for the weekend.
    Hope you all have a good one and can stay cool.

Did I miss anything? Did ss go back in the hospital for her swelling legs? Glad to hear it was not a clot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

As I stuffed my bowl of Mac salad into the fridge, I was just wondering about what's on those shelves that's filling them up so, Pingo!  I'm pretty good about freezing leftovers now, so I'll have to investigate and see what's holding up the space.  Will chill the mac until 12:30 and fix a nice lettuce, tomato, mac salad plate and a glass of iced tea/lemonade to have while watching Y&R.  Hope you get to see it today, Miscricket.  Love the dynamics going on now between Adam and Victor.  If only Victor were sincere and that caring a father - - past experience leaves me very suspicious.

TT..I missed it. We all had the day off so wound up going out for a quick lunch at a little airport cafe . It was cool watching the planes land and take off..lol

I got home about 10 minutes before the show ended...but I am thinking of having my son record them for me with the DVR. I never think to use it!

I can't believe Victor is still there. I never like him..ever. How about Niki..is she still there?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh my yes,  She's been absent once or twice and come back looking younger than ever!  Now her character on the show is battling MS.  My favorites are and always have been Phyllis and Jack.  They still look great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, just enjoying a quinoa salad thanks to your putting that bug in my ear - so good.  Cooked in a liquid of chicken stock, cherry juice, honey, and soy sauce.  Added chopped figs, pistachios, and sautéed vidalia onions in butter.  Sweet and savory.  Enjoy those artichokes. I'll look for them on Monday after my appt.

ss is still recovering at home - tt updated us on the previous page - thanks, tt!

tt, what's for dinner?  Mac salad?  Nice summer choice.

it's 79 in here...phew.  Can't wait 'til it's cool enough outside to open up and turn on the window fans to pull air through.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I cooked a hamburger and had some peas with, followed by some sliced peaches that were in fridge.

I've opened the windows, shut off the A/C.  After a while I just can't stand the hum.  It's good to have a breeze coming in the windows, even if it is warm.  Tomorrow the temps aren't supposed to be quite so high.

No plans this week-end.  Meant to mention, Kargiver, glad my cleaning frenzy slipped over to help you out a bit.  lol  There's still plenty more to be done here.

Have seen a lot of people walk by tonight.  To me, it would be too hot.  Hoping the day I leave the car at the garage it's cooler.  Can bring it in next Tuesdy, but it goes from there to an outside shop.  Hope it takes care of the problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Oh my yes,  She's been absent once or twice and come back looking younger than ever!  Now her character on the show is battling MS.  My favorites are and always have been Phyllis and Jack.  They still look great.

Haha...that's too funny :-)  Her character has battled one thing after another..now MS? Geez. I'll have to definitely try and catch it. My cousin has MS so it will be interesting to me to see how they portray it.

Jack Abbott....oh boy..who could not like him...lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We, too, just opened up.  Yes, thank you for your talking about cleaning the woodwork. It's my least favorite task (I'd rather clean toilets!) so I put it off, and you encouraged me to just DO IT.  And, there's plenty more here, too.  I did the downstairs baseboards and chair runners, but I need to do the crown molding and then start upstairs.  By then, the downstairs will need doing, again...ah, such is life. :)

yummy dinner - I still have a hamburger in the fridge left over from Wednesday.  I'll probably have it tomorrow for lunch.  DH isn't too hep on meat right now...his summer usual.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Moved post over to new June 2013.