May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

May 2014

Good morning. I thought I'd start the May post. Kar, hope it all clears up so you don't have to walk in the rain. DS has soccer practice today, but I suspect they will cancel so the field can dry out for the weekend games.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2014

Good morning,

May Day - day of violets left hanging on doorknobs.  I see some are up along my driveway.  So damp and raw out.  Back from one appt., and you won't believe, my bloodwork is fine, especially my cholesterol - do you believe that?  I'm not even taking anything for it and expected to get a bawling out for that.  Must be doing something right.

In for a quick snack (haha) and then off to a second medical appt.  How I ever scheduled them for the same day, I don't know, but might as well get them both over with.

A lot of traffic out today, don't know if it's delayed work traffic or what.  Bank lines were gone tho, so I feel rich again with a cashed check in my hot little hands.

I'm sure the mod podge you have will work fine for what you're using it for, Kargiver.  Such a great idea.  I may do a larger one for GD whose b'day is coming up in a week.

OK, off for my snack and then out into the cold world again.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Great news about your blookdwork tt. Oh I never go into a bank, I'm a classic Debit shopper, check gets direct deposted. (No choice really many companies don't issue paper checks anymore to be green.) Hope your next appointment is just as good.

- Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm the same with reading - like a BOOK in my hands, the feel of it and turning the pages.  Same with cash, pay things by check, but have one check that comes that I cash and keep in the house for my "mad money" for the month!

Will have to stop somewhere on the way back and get some kibble for poor Cheerio.  She's trying her best to let me know that she wants a "snack".  Forgets that I gave the last of it to her last night.  She's had her f.f. breakfast when she got up, but does like a few pieces of kibble during the day - when I snack, she likes to snack!

Chat later.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No new activity, I see. 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Things are still in a confused state around here but some progress has been made.  I've not been sleeping, but trying to get some cleaning and things done while I can.  Really nothing of excitement to report.  I hope you all are well.  A little sunshine would help and I think there might be a bit trying to peep through.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt,how did your second appointment go? Hope you can get some sleep hats. I'm sending some happy thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

- Darth Vadar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Second was just a dermatology check up.  No big problems there.

Did stop in the station re the pothole I hit on the way home.  Sounds like a muffler problem.  Hopefully just loose and not needing a new part.  I get money in one hand and the other hand takes it away!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh that's not good. There are way too many potholes out there right now. Glad your second appointment went well.

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a nice evening everyone. I'll talk with you tomorrow.

- Darth Vadar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hope you had good news about your family member's health and that things are looking up tonight, Hats.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Still in suspenders, we will know more after the procedures and biopsies.  Thanks for your concern. 

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope you had good news about your family member's health and that things are looking up tonight, Hats.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's great you don't need to take anything for your cholesterol, tt.  My great grandmother owned a dairy and chicken farm and lived to 101 with no cholesterol issues...I wonder if the docs know as much as they make it seem.

hats, sorry to hear about your family member's troubling diagnosis, and I hope a good plan is being put together for whatever can be done asap.

Winter, I could use a heat party right about now...when is yours?  Have you made your final stove decision?

had a busy day.  Paid our taxes, went to the bank (hardly ever for me, too), went to diner for lunch, grocery shopped, and walked with Gracie and friend 4 miles.  Time to get DH up from where he's sleeping in his recliner and get to bed.  Sadly, it just started pouring cats and dogs so Gracie will get soaked to go out...sigh.

good night, all

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

good morning all, its 2AM and here I sit, can't get to sleep.....glad your appts. were good tt, that must have made your day...hope your muffler only needed tightning....car repairs are a pain, and with all the deep potholes around the city I'm sure there will be lots more (none of ours please) accidents.  Altho it seems like I've been seeing lots of repair trucks out on the roads, but all they do is patchwork!!  

Invitations mailed for the Grad party tt.....have to get in touch with Icer so she can make the cake.  Hope I get a good turnout.....when you make your Kilbasi, do you add water, or just the brown sugar....one 2lb box per Kilbasi ring??   Tilll next time, take care and keep smiling all....ss

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

SS, most of the kielbasa recipes call for 1/2 of a 1 pound box of brown sugar.  The basic formula is a mix of sugar, ketchup and a little Worcestershire sauce.  I just use the sugar and a little water, but I think the acid of the ketchup and Worcestershire would be a good addition!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Personally, I would rather watch paint dry, which I may be doing this afternoon if it ever stops raining.

But I thought some of you may want to watch this:   

New  Fri, May 2 10:00 PM PBS    Craft in America
    The business of handmade crafts is examined. Included: the Gee's Bend Quilters Collective in Alabama; Lowell's Boat Shop in Amesbury, Mass.; the Oriole Mill in Hendersonville, N.C.; and Etsy, an online craft marketplace.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Shaker, what were you doing on the computer at 2 a.m.?  I sometimes can't fall back asleep during the night, but I love just lying there and saying, "sleep,  sleep, sleep" in my mind.  Works - sometimes!  lol  Doesn't seem possible you have a grad party in your family, he's not old enough!  lol  We have a graduation in ours too, Newton step greatgranddaughter graduates this year, but I haven't heard anything about a party.  That family is notoriously known for "mentioning" something 3 days beforehand and then wondering why no one could show up.  I've asked my DIL several times about one, but she's heard nothing and I guess other than mention it once, leaves it alone until the event, if there is one, is open conversation.  My son, OTH (you know him) has no problem in saying, "What the h*ll, is wrong with you?  You can't invite people 3 days before something and then expect them to drop everything and be able to come.  People have plans of their own, you know!"  Gotta love him, you always know just where you stand with that son!  

Acid, acid, acid, last night and I'm blaming the delicious clam chowder.  It was soo good, but soo rich too. Worth every drop of acid, lol  As long as I have the acid floating around there anyway, will have a chocolate donut for breakfast and get it all out of my system at once!

Kargiver, the dr. thought the reason for my cholesterol drop was the red yeast rice which I had said I would take, but because of all this stomach madness, I hadn't taken any.  So then, he was giving me credit for really changing my eating habits, but when I confessed I really hadn't, he said it must have been the increased thyroid med - had increased my metabolism, and that that has something to do with it.  I don't care what, just pleased with the numbers and how I feel in general.  BTW, I did ask about tumeric and also grape seed oil extract.  Oh my goodness.  A holistic dr. he is not, and said so in plain English, even knocking my 500 mg of vitamin C I have taken since I was in my 30's.  "I'm a scientist, and I place my belief in scientific tests, and there are no tests that prove these substances heal anything."  On and on and on, even getting to the old days when "snake oil" was sold off the back of wagons  that was supposed to cure everything.  Hit a nerve when I asked about those, I guess.  Anyway he felt the grape seed oil extract certainly wouldn't harm anything.  Now I've got to go back and look at the article I had torn out of the paper and see what that was supposed to be for!

Way too long a post to expect anyone to sludge through so early in the morning, so I'll go and make my cup of tea and my forbidden donut.

Hats, concerned that this family member may be a member of your immediate family.  I'm hoping I'm wrong.  Nothing worse than waiting for biopsy test results, we have been through that so many time with my dear DIL from Newton, even just a couple of weeks ago.  Hold good thoughts in your mind about the outcome, and I will do the same for you.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. kar, I think the stove install may have to wait anohter month or two. But I think I like this one.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-6-8-cu-ft-Double-Oven-Gas-Range-with-Self-Cleaning-Convection-Lower-Oven-in-Black-JGB870DEFBB/204403786?N=5yc1vZc3nlZ1z141mn

ss, I beleive tt just uses thebrown sugar and the kielabsa, I tried her recipe and it was very good. No water or anything is needed IMO.

- Darth Vadar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oops, forgot your question, SS about the kielbasa.  My "recipe" came from a woman who worked with me at the hospital who had the best "short cut" recipes.  In my crockpot I cut as much kielbasa, sliced the width of quarters, mine holds 3 kielbasa, and I never measure the sugar.  I use the light brown sugar, slice one kielbasa and pour about half of a lb bag of sugar over it, slice another kielbasa and the other half lb of sugar, slice the 3rd and another half of a lb bag of sugar (so so far a lb and a half of brown sugar added, or you know, it's not a science, you could just divvy up a 2 lb. bag between the 3 layers and use all that.  The kielbasa emits juices that melt the sugar and that in turn coats the slices.  All that juice is not going to be served anyway, so all you're concerned about is there being enough sugar to flavor and coat the kielbasa.  I open and stir it all up good after an hour on high, and then again after another hour, usually leaving it in about 3 hours, but not longer.  You don't want it to toughen.  Lift it out with a slotted spoon into a dish.  You can serve with toothpicks on the side if you want, but I always put a spoon right in the dish because I find everyone helps themselves to it by the spoonful.  The guys, especially, love this and it's great at cookouts, as well.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

ss, good too see you, but sorry it was at 2am, ugh.  Nap today?  How is DH?

just waved DH goodbye...sigh.  TGIF 

AC contractor returning today; he's having trouble pressurizing one of the compressors so is looking for a small leak.  

...whoops, sat on this forever thinking I'd finished and posted.  Sorry if I'm missing anything that got posted in the last hour.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, I missed a lot!  Will get caught up :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Thanks, Kilbasi down (gotta borrow one of my DD's crock pots) and then borrow from another DD another one for the sweet and sour meatballs that my niece gave me the recipe for...add to that Potato salad, garden salad,macaroni salad, beans chips and rolls.   Sound okay? any suggestions? easy ones!!

Got back to bed around 3:30, since my stomach problems have eased up quite a bit, thanks to me stopping the magnesium tablets (thanks Kar) I've been have snacks while watching TV at night, gotta stop that, as I need my sleep. ss

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Suggestion - maybe niece would make and bring the sweet/sour meatballs to the party ?  Would help you out.  Menu sounds  great.  Topped off with one of Icer's cakes - but you'd better get a call in to Icer today, you can just imagine how busy a time this is for her with all the graduations - plus running for office.

Oh, and don't forget the pickles and olives - at least with my family, they always look for those to munch on, with some sliced cheese and crackers.  Wish we lived closer so I could lend a hand.  Nothing like a house full of young kids gobbling up the food.  Makes you glad you went to the trouble.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Does anyone have any weekend plans? DS has a soccer game on Saturday and he needs to do his last basketball bouncing trail so Sunday we can complete the Science Fair board.

- Darth Vadar

Sections
Shortcuts