May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2014

LOL, tt, I can imagine you about gagged.  Your menu sounds yummier.  (I'm trying to avoid sugar while I have this infection.). Yes, I was disappointed, and I wonder how many regular little milks I'll go through (since I won't give her raw) before she keeps our plans.

Hope you get a great night's sleep tonight, hats, so you can have a fun hike and all.

Speaking of walking, time to take Gracie.  I hope I can make it and not have to peeee really bad for an hour.  I think I'll be ok...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, Pingo said she'd be back the 12th.  Imagine she has had a wonderful time.

Hope you get a good night's sleep.  I never made it up to watch the shows last night.  Hoping something good is on tonight and that I make it up a little later.

Time to feed Cheerio and then put my pork, potatoes, carrots in the oven to heat for my supper.

Did google on the first page of the site - cookies, scared me off going further.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Where did the day go? tt, can I have a cookie please? I'm heading out in a few, hope everyone has a good night.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that menu sounds fantastic, what shall I bring?

- Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Deep cleaned the foyer, top to bottom.  Tomorrow, three tiled bathroom floors and woodwork.  Then, the wood floors Saturday.  Need to vac before then, though, it becomes such a mess so fast with the two of us and Gracie.

walked her 40 minutes and it's gloriously warm!  Too warm for this sweater, but 68 can be cool in the shade.

missed your good bye, Winter - seems I'm often walking Gracie around that time.  Hope you are having a great night.

Missing Pingo, too; can't wait to hear all the stories!  Too bad we can't post photos...I know, it's been said a million times, but it is just so disappointing...I know you all agree. 

Need to start chopping veggies for the stirfry I was going to make last night before I found out DH had to have dinner out with the boss.  Chop, chop!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Up with the birds, altho not many out there when I got  up half an hour ago, just some grackles at the feeder. Had hoped a deer or bunny might be sighted.  Don't want to get into this early a morning rising habit, but early to bed at 9:00 wakes me up earlier in the morning, today even before Cheerio had come in.

Your stir fry sounds good, Kargiver.  I'm about due for a dinner of that.

Don't think it is raining, but the walkway is wet, and my bones are telling me if it isn't raining, it's going to. Glad I got my shopping done yesterday.

Reading more of "10% Happier "by Dan  Harris.  Very interesting, it's about "taming the voice in our head".  My oldest son is very much into the readings of Eckhart Tolle.  Dan Harris actually met with him, Deepak Chopra, Mark Epstein, and where I am now in the book, begins to experiment with meditation.  I think DS would enjoy it. -  It's funny, I had a telephone conversation last night where that "voice in my head" began telling me things, and because I had been reading this book when the phone rang, I right away thought, "these are just random thoughts going through my head, not necessarily the way things are."  Maybe I'm learning something from it too.

Coffee cake left from the other day's "tea", so will put on the kettle for a cup of tea and cut myself a square. Expect to see my intown son today before they leave on an anniversary vacation tomorrow.  Had wanted to get a plane bag together for them, but never got to it.  Busy, doing what?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, may not have had a bunny or deer sighting, but opened the back door about 15 minutes ago to go out and fill the feeder and who was on my back stairs?  Harry!  He was talking up a storm, telling me how he was sorry, but he couldn't make it up here during the snowy winter we had.  Gave him some turkey and giblets that he ate, and then headed off back down the street, I suppose to my neighbor's, to see what she has to offer this morning!  So good to see him, great way to start the day.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I was hoping it would be nicer out today. tt, glad you got to see Harry, I'm sure he was happy to include you on his breakfast feast this morning.

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I was hoping for nicer weather too, since I will be working outside today.

I'll be gone this weekend so Happy Mother's Day TT, Winter, Novem, Rama, Icer, SS, Pingo (who will be in Britain where they have it in March!) etc.  Left a card for my MIL and gift, wonder if DH will get it to her?

See you next week all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Remind him.  One of my sons didn't even realize it was mother's day and wondered what the reason was for G.T. and my oldest son and DIL bringing down a pot luck dinner!  "Oh, it's mother's day."  His wife can thank me for the beautiful plant he gets her.

Do you leave today, Hats?  Didn't really catch the weather except for Sunday which is supposed to be beautiful.  Hope you have a beautiful day, yourself, doing what you enjoy.

Speaking of "beautiful", just saw a gorgeous rose breasted grosbeak at my feeder.  Apparently he didn't find anything he liked - even tho this was a special blend of cardinal and songbird seed.  He hopped on the feeder and then down on the ground to check out what was there, and then he was gone.

Cat Lady emailed that Harry went down there after leaving here, and had some kind of cheese/chicken dish she put out.  Said she has been seeing him again midnights out in her yard, so apparently the owners are leaving him out all night once more.  Wish they would realize this is the most dangerous time, with new coyote pups being born and hunting for food.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

good morning all, Happy Mothers Day to all, I'm looking forward to my KFC lunch with the family, this way I get to enjoy it and my girls, who are mothers too, don't have to cook...

I just had to tell you what was going on in my back yard.....is there a holiday in Birdville that you know of?  I saw three orioles, 2 cardinals and a bluejay.....all jabbering and flying near each other, what a sight and sound.  I do know that the orioles have a next in the making in one of the trees, but haven't spied any other nests.  Eyes ain't what they used to be, and since DH gave the binoculars away, DD and I are going to NH to get another pair....I want to see my birdies up close.  Take care and Keep Smiling ss

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

i would love to have an oriole visit here, SS.  Before the people next door cut down the tree to heaven, there used to be one that nested every year in it.  I was surprised at the grosbeak this morning.  I miss my other camera, it took really good closeups.  Had to look twice this morning, one little squirrel almost appeared to be black fur.  He's a really dark grey.

Sitting, waiting for son to come.  I know he had a yearly work physical this morning, so probably won't be here until afternoon.  Had thought of running out and putting together one of those plane trip bags like I do for the kids, but lallygagged around too long, and now am afraid if I go out for an hour I'll miss him.  Would have been a nice thing to have done - but I'll shut off that "voice in my head" now.  lol

Enjoy your KFC dinner, I know you look forward to those.  I'm thinking of putting together a bread pudding for myself today, have a jar of caramel sauce on the shelf, and thinking that would be delish poured over it - -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

oh KFC, how lovely. We are going to Angelica's for the bruch buffet. My mom, DS, DH, his mom, and his sister. Should be a nice time.

- Darth Vadar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy Mother's Day to one and all - looks like it will be a warm, sunny day.  We have a communion to go to Saturday, then Sunday I'll be hosting a light lunch for my Mom with all the kids and grandkids.  I'm still forming the menu, but am leaning towards grilled chicken caesar salad with garlic bread, then sliced fruit and some type of pastry for dessert.  I'll probably have a pizza on hand too if the kids (or my brothers, lol) prefer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Angelica's Mothers' Day brunch is great, Winter, and Novem, your lunch menu sounds delicious.  Yeah, I'd have a couple of pizzas on hand for the "little ones".  lol  Hope you both have a wonderful day.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Saturday morning (since I probably won't be posting "Good Sunday morning"),

Raining here.  Thinking of Hats and hoping she is roughing it inside a structure and not a tent.

No visitors, cats included, yet, today.  I've an easy day, house is cleaned and all I have to make is the Spanish Cream and the biscuits.  Tomorrow's meal will be easily started in the crockpot when I get up in the morning. Looking forward to the day, it will be fun.

Weather forecast for Sunday is the 70's - great day to be celebrating outside for any of you that are thinking of a cook-out, as I think one of my son's is.  However you spend it, hope you all have a Happy Mother's Day.

P.S.  Did try the butterscotch sauce over the warm bread pudding - not to my liking.  Sorry I opened the jar just for that - now I'll have to buy the nono vanilla ice cream to use it up making butterscotch sundaes!  lol 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy Mother's Day, ladies!  Sounds like everyone has lovely plans that don't involve dirtying the kitchen. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, I'm surprised the sauce wasn't good on the pudding...it was a good thought!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just made ricotta for lasagna I'm making today.  Got the pasta machine so I can make DH's gluten free pasta so am about to christen it with sorgum lasagna noodles...here goes nothing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The rain held off where I was until last night, after we had gone to bed, altho Friday night was terribly cold and windy.  When I got up at 5:30 this am it was still pouring - but at 7 it stopped so we had a great trip and saw tons of wildlife and birds, snakes, foxes etc.  Hope you all had a nice mother's day!  Just catching up and will be back tomorrow.

Kar - boggles the mind what combinations you come up with!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The noodles came out great - I soooo wish we could post photos.  I think it would be impossible to tell they are any different than those made with regular semolina.  Between the homemade pasta and ricotta, I'm really excited about this lasagna!

Rained hard here yesterday, but I don't know about overnight.  If it rained, I slept through it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i would love to have an oriole visit here, SS.  Before the people next door cut down the tree to heaven, there used to be one that nested every year in it.  I was surprised at the grosbeak this morning.  I miss my other camera, it took really good closeups.  Had to look twice this morning, one little squirrel almost appeared to be black fur.  He's a really dark grey.

Sitting, waiting for son to come.  I know he had a yearly work physical this morning, so probably won't be here until afternoon.  Had thought of running out and putting together one of those plane trip bags like I do for the kids, but lallygagged around too long, and now am afraid if I go out for an hour I'll miss him.  Would have been a nice thing to have done - but I'll shut off that "voice in my head" now.  lol

Enjoy your KFC dinner, I know you look forward to those.  I'm thinking of putting together a bread pudding for myself today, have a jar of caramel sauce on the shelf, and thinking that would be delish poured over it - -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

[/QUOTE]
    tt,
    Hope your bread pudding came out good, one of my favoirites, my mom made it all the time, she put raisens in hers.  Two new plants this mothers day, a huge Hydryanga (that my DD planted for me), and a hanging plant of geraniums, pink, real pretty,son in law brought me some blueberry muffins that are supposed to be just like Jordan Marsh's....have the kettle on so I'm gonna give them a try,  When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Beautiful weather yesterday to enjoy Mother's Day.  G.T. brought garden tools with him and besides planting some contained (I hope!) bamboo, and moving around some ornamental grasses, trimmed and reshaped the topiaries - much to my and some sparrows' dismay!  Funny how the right touch transforms the look of a yard. A funny contact with the young squirrel I see under my feeder days - as we walked up through the yard and passed the old walnut tree, a quick scurry of a squirrel from a very low built squirrel nest.  Amazed he has built it that low, altho it was in a sturdy "V" in the branches.  Must have been orphaned or kicked out of his own nest before he had a chance to take the "selecting a site to build a nest" class.

Our lunch turned out into a feast that ended by having leftovers divided into 3 separate piles of containers - way too much food, good as it was.

A plus of the day for me was when the little one who visits next door, came to my back door with her mom and dad, bringing me a bouquet of flowers.  I was really touched, so thoughtful of her mom, the DIL of my next door neighbor.  I'm sure my neighbor sees many instances of her thoughtfulness too.

Have a new birdbath that G.T. put together out of a couple of odds and ends we had, including a clam shell shaped bath basin.  Sparrows are already sitting on the sides, drinking from it.  Blends right in with the surroundings and I love it.  Rabbit made his appearance yesterday too, and I'm happy to say he looks fat and  happy.

Hope you all had a great day and were able to spend at least part of it with family.  Looking forward to Pingo's return and her telling us all about her trip.  

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, it sounds as if you had a wonderful Mother's Day.  It must be great to have such a beautiful environment around your home.  Sounds as if GT justified his nickname this weekend.

SS, your celebration sounds fun too.  KFC is a guilty pleasure of my DH's and mine.

I have a terrible cold and am sneezing fit to beat the band, but I must grocery shop.  All in my head so far, I hope it is only a 7 day variety.  I'm sure all the pollen around, to which I am allergic, does not help!  Think I'll take my second cup out to the sun.  I bought myself a pair of $3 sunglasses last week to keep on the deck... then to MB I must go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. DS is one his way to his week trip.Though, I doubt he'll be able to get everything back in the bag for the trip home. It should take them 2.5 hours and he was excited to be going, though he was a bit nervous last night and didn't sleep very well. Went to REI for hiking boots, and ended up with a very neutral colored Women's pair, since he can fit in my sneakers, I knew they would work. We wore them all day Saturday and said they were very comfortable. Sounds like everyone had a lovely Mother's Day. Kar, how did the lasagna come out?

- Darth Vadar

Sections
Shortcuts