May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2014

How was your Mother's Day, Winter?  Maybe you were busy at home getting DS ready for his outing this week.  Glad you found boots.  My GDs always bought and wore the men's boots, so don't know why the guys shouldn't wear the women's.  Looking at them I don't think anyone can tell the difference anyway.

Hope you're feeling better, Hats.  It's another gorgeous day, maybe the sun and warm temps will help, tho not if it allergies in any way, I guess.  When my oldest son left yesterday, he and his wife were going to stop and do some grocery shopping.  She emailed me this morning that when they got there he wouldn't stop because it looked too crowded.  Now she has to do it tonight after work.  Her work lunch today is some of the leftovers, and G.T. just emailed that he was enjoying a piece of brown bread with his mid morning cup of tea in work.  I had a dish of the Spanish Cream with my breakfast of cinnamon coffee cake and tea.  Maybe one of the stuffed peppers for lunch.  Nice not to have to think about what to make for supper.

Funny, when I told my DIL what I had for supper last night she asked if the milk and pepsi was to settle my stomach!  haha  She had never heard of it.  My father used to make that, and then when Laverne and Shirley show came on, it was Shirley's favorite drink, and sort of made it popular for a while.   I've always liked it.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have pulled out 3 possibilities for cookie baking this afternoon -

Molasses Fruit drops - a molasses cookie with spices and raisins

peanut butter cookies - we all know what those are

and Raisin Crisps - which happens to be a yellowed copy of a recipe sent in by "Raisins" in answer and welcome to a newcomer to Confidential Chat, "Burr-Lynne" - wish I had the date of the printing.

Which shall I make?  

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

If they are for me, I'd try the raisin crisps.  But if they are for you - do the ones you would like best!

Sitting in the sun for an hour helped.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was leaning toward the raisin crisps myself, but might see pumpkin tomorrow, and since I know he likes the Christmas gingerbread men, have the ingredients all measured out for the molasses cookies.  Besides, I had written on the top "delicious".  Of course, the raisin crisps have that same notation!  Raisins in the molasses as well as the crisps, so the best of both worlds.

Heated up one of the stuffed peppers on top of the stove in a covered saucepan with a little water in the bottom and so good, brought out the juices to make a sauce.  Topped with a piece of melted American cheese and gobbled that thing right up.

Glad the sun helped.  Even sitting in it makes you feel soothed, I think.

Back to the kitchen.  Thanks for you input.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Mother's Day brunch was lovely. Of course I had to come home and get the last minute items to pack the bag. I'd go with the molasses or the peanut butter.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

happy belated mothers day to everyone!

My mother's day was good. I got a few sweet handmade gifts from my DDs and a few nice hallmark cards from the rest of the family.  My DH made breakfast and gave me a gift certificate to one of my favorite stores and the promise that I could do some shopping w/out the girls one of the next few weekends. Perfect!  We went to my family for brunch and ended up outside in the yard for most of the day and then hosted my MIL for a bbq (DH grilled chicken and mixed veggies and made ff for the kids and cleaned up!).  It was a nice day.

TT, all of your cookies sound delicious but be careful about raisins if you are giving to pumpkin.   I would let my 4 year old have raisins but not my 21 month old because they are a choking hazard, especially embedded in a cookie where she may not notice it.  I forget how old pumpkin is - maybe old enough for it to be ok, but just a word of warning :)  I'm always partial to anything with PB in it - but I know some kids are allergic.  Luckily mine aren't.

At work today and sadly looking out window at beautiful weather.  I would love to be outdoors today.  May take a walk for lunch in a little bit but i'm afraid it would just make me sweaty and uncomfortable in the end.  I hear more rain is in our future, bummer.

hope everyone else is doing well and had a wonderful weekend

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good tip, Rama.  Pumpkin is 2 1/2 and I will try to do a sheet of just the plain molasses if I can pull some of the raisins out of that section.  It's a soft, gooey dough, so because no one will know it, I'll be doing plenty of finger licking!

Your Mother's Day sounds perfect.  They're the best when the kids are little.

Had to laugh - - - "ff" in this house stands for Fancy Feast (cat food) !!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, which cookies did you go with? DH wants me to make chocolate chip cookies this week, maybe for when DS gets home Friday. I have to head out soon, but wanted to wish everyone a good night.

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I'm surprised no one has been on yet today. Have a qork function tonight that I planned, so I'll be leavig work at 1:30 to take the T into Boston and be when the caterer and florist shows up.

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The boards are dying, Winter.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Wildly busy time here at the Kargiver's getting ready to put all the garden residents in the ground.  Transplanted all the hot weather crops to their own pots, and they are living in the greenhouse; no more carting in and out (phew!). DH dug a huge trench (100+ feet) for the asparagus...he's moving it because it bisects the garden right now making tilling a pita.  I hope it does well because right now we are literally picking a gallon a day.  We've got abt 1.5 gallons of cream of asparagus soup, and DH will pick another crop tonight.  The peach blossoms are out in full bloom...hoping the bees are doing their thing (neighbor's, not ours...we're done with the bees). 

Today getting roots colored for the wedding next weekend then continuing on to lunch East with girlfriend.

will get caught up this afternoon...walking Gracie before I leave.  Have a great day everyone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I had a sleepless night and didn't fall asleep until 4, so didn't get up until 8.  Had to rush around to make DH's lunch and finally getting my coffee!  Now I've got to rush around too to meet my BFF for coffee....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry you had a sleepless night, Hats, but glad you feel well enough to meet a friend.  Getting out with friends always gives us a little lift, even with a cold.

Sounds as tho your garden is well on its way, Kargiver.  My next door neighbor was  talking about starting hers, saying she's cutting way back on the tomatoes.  The neighbor on her other side has a large garden and always sends some of his over to her.  I put in my request for one of her eggplants this year, along with some cukes.

Funny antics by a squirrel and the rabbit this morning (can't really call him a bunny, he's so big) - the squirrel was chasing him all through the yard.  Are squirrels and rabbits enemies?  I was so surprised, and wondered if they were just romping around.  It was past time for the rabbit to be back in his den anyway, close to 7:30.

I'll be headed out soon, bag of molasses cookies in hand, just in case I see pumpkin.  These are a nice soft cookie, reminds me of the Joe Froggers my great aunt used to make.

Hoping by the time I get back later this afternoon, Pingo will have had a chance to chime in.

Winter, you remind me of the extra curriculum work duties my DIL has too - she's the official event planner at her place of employment - a title without pay, but a lot of recognition - and she loves doing it.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wish I could send you a bushel of eggplants, tt!  Yes, our plants are about as large as ones you could buy, now.

hats, sorry you had a rough night.

indeed, looking forward to hearing from Pingo.

had to make this short, on my way out right now...bye!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'd like a cookie please. I don't get paid for it as well, yet anyway. I enjoy doing it and as long as the department and president are happy, that's all I need. Hats sorry you had a restless night haps, hope your day get's better. kar, you garden sounds nice, my mom will usually give me some tomatos so I'm looking forward to that. Sadly, nobody else would it the asapargaus or eggplant but me. Hope Pingo had a lovely time.

- Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello everyone,

I am  back, but still jet-lagging. See you girls have been busy posting, while i have been away. Just skimped through the posts, will have to do a better job later reading them. Learned there has been some sad news in Hat's family. So sorry.

I gave up posting to the forums while there. Their Wi-Fi - or whatever - was not in sync with my iPad, so I had to have DS help me to get in every time, I wanted to use it. It became a real PITA.

I had a marvelous trip. Enjoyed every minute. Not just being with our son, but Europe is just beautiful in every way. Just as I remembered it.

When I get my mental act together, I will post more about my trip. But right now, I am trying to unpack and trying to find myself. A nap will hopefully do some good. More later.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi Pingo and welcome back. You've been missed. Glad you had a wonderful trip; looking forward to hearing more about it. Hope you are able to catch a nap.

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Welcome back Pingo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good to see you back, Pingo.

A laugh for the day:

A husband sat next to his dying wife in the hospital.  She whispered, "I've got a confession to make before I go.  I'm the one who stole $20,000 from your safe.  I blew  it on a fling with your best friend, Bill.  And, I'm the one who reported your income tax evasion to the IRS."

He took her hand and said, "That's alright, dearest; don't give it another thought.  I'm the one who poisoned you."

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My laugh for the day was much better received by my email pals - maybe you have to be of a certain age!  lol 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome home, Pingo!  Looking forward to the stories after you get settled.

that's funny, tt!

how  a school going, Winter

Got a nice bang trim and foil then went on to have a lovely lunch with dear friend.  Boy, did it get cold while I was gone; I had to close up the greenhouse.

going to Brimfield tomorrow with old friend...won't be online at all.  Have a happy Wednesday, all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have a feeling if I come on I'll be chatting with myself - unless, of course, Pingo takes time out of work to chat about her trip.  I should write a poem - in fact, I feel one coming on -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm here :)

Just walked off some of lunch. Brrrr!  I actually wore a fleece and gloves.  Gracie is down front; this is her kind of weather.  She's eager for Daddy to come home and happily spying on the neighbors in the meantime.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I meant tomorrow - you 'll be gone all day, Hats is under the weather, Winter gets bogged down at work, that just leaves Pingo and me as the regular posting-throughtout-the-day Chatters, and I'm sure she'll be busy back at work.  Maybe I'll take a day hiatus.  There's certainly plenty of other stuff I have waiting to be done.

Hope you find some little treasure at Brimfield.

Yeah, it does feel cold.  I pushed the heat on when I got back in this afternoon.  And now, I've just laid out one of my flannels to wear tonight.  Really chilled.

What did you have for lunch today?  I'm finally meeting my Swampscott friend Friday.  No shopping in my future just now, so maybe we'll just meet at the restaurant - wherever that may be.  She had mentioned the Clam box.  Seems as tho we could find something closer to home.

ETA:  I'm taking a couple of days off the boards.  I'll peek in and read what Pingo has to say about her trip, but otherwise, I'll be absent.  Maybe after a few days things will pick up, on this end also, and I'll have something more interesting to post about.  Stay well.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT if you don't post no one else will.  Just sayin!

I'm pretty busy as well as sick, but not with anything interesting.  I worked today a little and now I will read and watch the Britcoms on RI PBS.  There's a new one on late - 9 :30 Moone Boy, with Chris O'Dowd which is risque but funny as can be, about an Irish boy of 12 with 3 older sisters and an imaginary friend named 'Sean Murphy' (O'Dowd.)  I laugh until I wheeze.

Sections
Shortcuts