May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: May 2014

Thanks, Kar. Just spoke w/ DS, and the fever is coming down. She still doesn't want to eat though. If she doesn't take any fluids by tonight, she will have to go back in for an IV. I am praying, she won't have go through that.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She won't take even any Pedialyte?  Maybe if they get the popsicle style of Pedialyte she'd take that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo I will be thinking of you and the Princess and hoping that all will resolve by the time I return....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo I'll be thinking of her. Is there a chance that your DIL ate something different and baby doesn't like it?

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ladies, thank you so much for your concerns. DIL just sent me an e-mail. Our little princess had a good Dr.'s appointment. There is no infections, the fever is down, and she has now started to eat and drink. Phew!

DiIL sent some iPhone pix from the doc's office. Princess looks well. She is wearing  a yellow outfit, we gave her. And the yellow color suits her so well. No more glazed over eyes.  Isn't it just amazing, how quickly babies can rebound?

DIL went all to pieces, but I was amazed, how  calm and cool DS was. "Those things happens, she will be fine."

Winter,  thought just the same thing. Maybe DIL ate or drank something, that didn't agree w/ the baby. But I didn't dare to say that of course. She is so very careful of what she put in her mouth. I do give her a lot of credit.

Had a busy day. Didn't make it to the pedicure. Maybe tmw. Went to Whole Foods to pick up scallops for dinner. I don't dare to tell you, what I paid for them. But DH loves them, and WH is the best place to get them. Will make that with wilted spinach and corn relish. Wjhat is everyone else having for dinner?

The corn are just amazing right now. Go get some.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, Pingo, re the Princess being so much better so quickly!  I just saw sea scallops for $14/lb at S&S...thought about it, but DH asked for all veggies this week.

so, that brings me to dinner - "kitchen sink" stirfry and steamed whole beets.  Paid over $100 for food that we'll be getting for free pretty soon from the backyard, boy, did that hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, you are making me cry. We had scallops this evening. I was at Whole Foods for something else (cheeses and fig compote), when those beautiful scallops called my name. And they were not $14/lbs. But I do have to say, that WF's scallops don't shrink during cooking, and they are as sweet as ever. I bought 5. 3 for DH and 2 for me. They were huge - 2 x 2 inches each. I served them with fresh spinach and homemade corn relish.

You are so lucky, Kar, with all the produce you get for free. Money wise, that is. I am sure it takes a lot of hard work and sweat to be able to harvest it. And then comes all the labor afterwards. But the satisfaction, just to be able to go downstairs to your cabinet and pick up something, must be so rewarding.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, those sounds spectacular - no, the ones I saw were your basic sea scallops, lol, nothing like those.  So glad you splurged!  You only live once, and they were still far cheaper than the $35/plate you'd have paid at a fancy restaurant for 3 of them. :)

Oh, yes, we do love the garden's reward for all the hard work.  And, DH does most of the outside work, the part I don't really care for.  It's better than a therapist when it comes to his well being.

Gracie has been getting us up at 5:30 since the sun has come up earlier as it does this time of year.  Ugh...too early!  Our plans are garden centric and depend, of course, on the weather.

have a great MD weekend, everyone!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Saturday morning,

Now with Hats on a camping trip and tt gone, there will not be much chatting this weekend. I appreciate all of you, who are "hanging in". It is too easy to just give up. I have made friends here. Friends that have become dear to me, and i don't want to give up those friendships.

Off my soap box. Waiting for DH to come and pick me up. He went to a job site early this morning. We have some work to do at the office. Our CPA is coming Tuesday.

On another note. I am happy to report, that our princess is doing well. It was a scare for all of us. No one knows, what was wrong. But whatever it was, thankfully babies bounce back quickly.

Don't know yet if friends are coming Sunday. So I am playing it by the ear. Just a very simple cook out.

Hope you all have a great Mem. Day weekend.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've been posting in spite of all the pressure to do so. The boards will ebb and flow like every other friendship.  The cajoling to post is getting uncomfortable for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

I've been posting in spite of all the pressure to do so. The boards will ebb and flow like every other friendship.  The cajoling to post is getting uncomfortable for me.

Chances are none of you are ax-murderers. You all really should meet up. LL folks do all the time. Some deep and lasting friendships have been formed there. But when I myself start feeling uncomfortable in a forum, on FB, etc I take like a four month break. Also, if I hadn't taken a 4-month break from the Internet, period, I would never have earned an A in Latin a few years ago. I used Internet time to study study study.

[object HTMLDivElement]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I keep hoping bdc will reinstate the private message feature so we can eliminate random unknown folks meeting us there, too.

I don't necessarily want a break, I want it to be acceptable to post less frequently when my attention is diverted to many more time consuming tasks like it is every Spring and Summer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

test

Icer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good  Sunday morning,

Are we or are we not ----- going to have rain today? It was supposed to be a nice sunny day, and I was planning for an outside party this afternoon. Doesn't look very promising.

Icer, nice to see your post, however short it is. See you changed your avatar.

Kar, I post, when I like to post, not b/c I feel pressure to do so. Like you, I want to be able to do it on my time. And you are right. The summer months has a lot of diversions. Especially fol folks like you, who have a huge veggie garden to take care of. I will still miss you though, when you don't show. LOL

I also wish, we could get the private message feature back. I made so many dear friends here. I don't want to lose them.

Hope you all have a good Sunday, whichever way the weather turns out.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The sun is in and out here, too, Pingo - mostly in at this point with dark rain clouds to our North.  DH is working with the tractor in the garden probably praying the clouds move on by before spilling a drop.  I hope everyone's outside plans pan out.  Pingo, grilling at home?

Just having some tempeh with seaweed flakes, soy, and sriacha (sp?).  The tempeh is growing on me; it was an acquired taste.  I don't heat it very much to keep the probiotics alive on the inside at least.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Tempeh? Isn't that a tofu derivate? I can't STAND tofu. And God knows, I have tried. It is not the taste, as it is actually tasteless, but it s the consistency, that gets to me. And the sound it makes, when I chew it.

This is a beautiful day to work outside, as long as the weather hold. DH is at the moment cleaning our deck. The birds and the squirrels are making such a mess. Still hoping for an outside "party". I shouldn't really call it a party. It is just good friends getting together, before the summer swallows us all up with different activities.

I am making several appetizers - spicy crisp Edamame, baked brie w/ pecans, crostini w/ avocado and roasted tomatoes, crackers w/ goat cheese and fig compote. Dinner will just be baked ziti, with grilled corn and roasted garlic to spread on bread. Have made some corn relish and marinated mushrooms to go with it too. Then I macerated fruits (mango, strawberry, blueberries) this morning to go over ice cream. Lots of ahead preparing,which I like.

Still dark out here. Hope it will change.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hey all, it is a beautiful day here and to the west so I think all the parties should go on as planned.  My camping trip was a roaring success in spite of all the rain and now on to the two parties planned for today and tomorrow.   Glad Princess Pingo is well and talk later.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, yes, tempeh is probiotic cultured tofu, but it is very hard, like cheddar cheese.  It was the flavor that initially turned me off, but I'm starting to like it.  It doesn't really resemble tofu in any way much like kefir doesn't much resemble the milk before it was cultured.

Your menu is all my favorites, especially the apps!  Hoping the rain holds off for your party (that sounds like our parties!).

Glad your trip was so much fun, hats, despite the rain!  Four parties between today and tomorrow?  You animal! ;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Happy Memorial Day!  I just went out to look at my plants - they were happy without me to water them this weekend - and it is raining again.  I had hoped that after yesterday afternoon's beautiful weather, things were set fair for today. 

I just slept for 12 hours!  That hasn't happened in a long time.  Now to clean up and cook for this afternoon.  Kar, you doubled the number of parties I have this weekend.  Two is a fun number; four would be agony.  I hope it clears up for all the parties and parades.  Right now, I am going to enjoy my first cup of real coffee since Friday am!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I have been trying to post for days now...I did change my avatar but then I changed again...I will cxhange to something more suitable but for now...I am just trying to post...

Icer

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Icer, love the cakes and your post came through fine!

In response to icer's comment:

I have been trying to post for days now...I did change my avatar but then I changed again...I will cxhange to something more suitable but for now...I am just trying to post...

Icer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy Memorial Day!

Ha, hats, I read "two parties today and tomorrow" to mean two parties each day, whoops.  I wondered how you'd pull that off, lol.

icer, saw your test post yesterday...glad you got in.  Very cute avatar!  How has business been since competition moved in?  Maybe she caters to a different clientele and you don't compete as much?

dh is out with Gracie due to come home any minute and get back to the garden.  I don't have any big plans, but happy to have DH home and to see the sun starting to emerge.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning and Happy Memorial Day,

Yesterday's party was a success. The sun came out and we sat on our deck until the sun went down. Watched a beautiful sunset. It became a bit cool, but a sweater too care of that. I had set the table to eat inside, but everyone had such a good time and didn't want to move, so we ended up eating outside on plastic plates. Go with the flow, as they say.

Glad you had a successful camping trip, Hats - despite the rain. Good luck with your party today. It is supposed to be a hot day.

Kar, no big plans? Taking care of your garden ARE big plans IMO. I will give tempeh a try. No idea, what to do with it, but I am sure I will find a lot of suggestions on the web.

On a sad note, our little princess is still sick. The rash has now spread all over her body. We got her on face-time late last night, and was shocked to see her rash. The fever is still hanging in, and the Tylenol, they try to give her comes right back out. She is a little trooper all wrapped up in cold towels. It is heartbreaking to see, she is not feeling well. Looking very lethargic. Our doc friend, who was here last night, told us the rash could be due to the fever. We know for sure, it is not a bacterial infection. All her tests were negative.

I slept late too, Hats. Now on to clean up after yesterday. Have a good day everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry to hear PP is still so sick especially after it seemed she'd turned a big corner. If they started her on antibiotics just in case it was bacterial before knowing it wasn't, the rash could be from that.  I get a rash from all sulfa-based antibiotics, and those are very popular.  

I can't recommend tempeh, honestly, since it's taken me a few days to acquire the taste...it's weird, for lack of a better word.  I wasn't suggesting you try it, per se, just saying the texture is vastly different than tofu.  But, if you try it be sure to add soy sauce, hot sauce, chili sauce...something, lol.

So nice your party could stay outside.  Some places got hail!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just finished cleaning up from yesterday. I am exhausted. Please tell me, how you do it Hats. Parties back to back. I am totally impressed - I couldn't do that. Do you make double of everything?

Kar, I don't have to eat tempeh, but the probiotics I like. So, I will give it a try. Who knows, I may like it. A lot of stuff, we eat is a required taste.

Haven't spoken to TX-DS yet this morning. Don't want to wake them up, if they had a bad night. DH texted them. "How is Princess. Pease call us, when you can." So we are eagerly waiting for a call. Hopefully, she is better. That rash, I saw last night, did indeed worry us.

Gong shopping for (actually buying) a new refrigerator/freezer. We saw a Samsung, we liked and which will fit into our "hole" minus a few inches. We have been shopping for so long. We don't know anything about the Samsung brand, but it did have a good report from the Consumer Reports. Advice for anyone. Never, NEVER, buy a built-in appliance. Bad mistake on our part.

Getting a bit hot out there. Just right for some gardening and an outdoor party.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Sections
Shortcuts