May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: May 2014

Field day is the whole school outside at a park all day. Makes sense why they cancelled it. Glad Princess seems to be turning a corner.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In response to icer's comment:

I have been having the hardest time posting...You won't believe the voo doo dance I have to do to post. Pardon my late replies

Glad to hear Princess Pingo is on the mend...it is nice when that moment of recognition comes to your children..."How did you make it through..x,y or z"

Yes...Mom is coming over to our house...I am bleaching the walls to recieve a new coat of paint...she is looking at different color samples...Mom likes her decorations..me...I am a bit of a plain Jane when it comes to the walls...I like white...and then you can use color in pillows ect...She like color everywhere...oh and silk flowers...and tulle..you get the picture

Well I am off...she wants to have a bash at her condo this weekend(I would have rather had one when she comes here) so there is much to do..now..lets see f I can post

Icer

I did it!!! Zachary quote

Icer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too bad it got cancelled, Winter.  DH and SIL played golf yesterday after work and FROZE.

icer, we are plain Jane, too, LOL.  DH considered going bolder on the walls, but in the end settled on oyster shell...a far cry from the pumpkin that was his second choice!  Hope you will enjoy your work at your mom's and that she loves it.

(Pingo, I replied to your post on the prev page.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

wow

Icer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We have colors in our house. The only room that is white is the kitchen, it's bright white, but has a black and white checkboard floor and I have red potholders, etc.

- Darth Vadar

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice - I love the white kitchen with red accents vision I conjured, Winter.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Sorry...my Wow was directed from somewhere else...I realize it looked like a response to us liking white or eggshell colored walls.

I am going to like it when Mom comes here...and I bet she will too. Its just that right now, it seems to be "less than" her current situation. But she will re-gain her oldest and dearest friend...and that will be HUGE! Right now ...her friend can't make it into Mom's building...but when she's here she(the friend) can...There are certain meds that she will be able to take when she's here too...those will make her more comfortable...

I just noticed this about myself...whenever I use bleach...it has a very fast paced effect on my day...interesting

sorry about the wow confusion

Icer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I tried to post earlier, but got a new "backend"

Backend is not healthy!- and of course it wouldn't take my post. So this is a test.

Being tired of losing posts, I copied it. So if the posting is working again, I will try to post again. Not that is was anything extraordinary. LOL

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Nah! Changed my mind, it wasn't that important after all.

- Except, I wanted to thank you, Icer, for keeping trying to post. I know it is frustrating. We have all been through it. Some more than others.
    I am anxious to hear what colors, your mom chose. We are whitish too - have always been. Antique White, I believe it is called. Then you can make it colorful with accessories. I like to change them with the seasons. We had the house painted inside last year, and just today DH signed a contract to have the house painted outside. It is Cedar siding, so no need for scraping. It just needs a thorough wash with the pressure washer. It doesn't really need new paint, but we have sun all day on 3 sides of the house, and it fades.

Winter, I like the color of your kitchen. It sounds like our oldest son's bathroom. White tiles with a black border and a few small red tiles added here and there. Black toilet and sink with a black granite counter. Red towels to go with it. Our younger son was a bit more subtle. He chose grayish tiles, with maroon border, toilet and sink and a grayish marble counter. Maroon towels to go with that.

Kar, I did see you post on the previous page. Thank you!

Packing up and going home. I lucked out not to have to make dinner. DH is in Boston for a meeting, and may not come home until late. He will then just grab a bowl of cereal or a yogurt, like I will do when I get home. He is thankfully very easy that way. Have a good evening everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I, too, got the backend not healthy message (and snickered like an eighth grader).

Enjoy your dinner break.  I'm looking forward to that aspect of DH being on his cruise next month.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Good morning all. The weather man promises a beautiful day today - hope he is right!

I've been working long hours all week, then turning into a pumpkin every night.  Sorry not to have been contributing.  Also my camping has caught up with my hip - slept too long on one side Sat night and it's very painful to sit or lie down.  Doesn't hurt standing which is good - been on my feet all day every day.

We had the 'all linen white' walls for many years but we have gradually added some color with greens and blues in bedrooms and a color called 'bleached shell' which is a white with a pinkish cast in the common areas.  It generally looks white but in some lights takes on a pink cast, and in other light, is a bit beige.  Just two months after we painted with it, ol' Martha Stewart had it on the cover of the magazine so I felt extremely talented.  My kitchen is a golden yellow - think French provincial prints - with white cabinets and reds and blues for accents.  Not everyone's taste but I love it.

Icer, Zachary is indeed getting big.  He sounds like a wonderful kid!  He must make you very happy.  Good luck with Mom's new home and with disposing of the old one.  What with your new Health Board responsibilities, sounds like a really busy summer for you.

Winter, I am sorry that some of DS's 8th grade festivities have had to be curtailed because of the bad weather.  Really just a short time left until he is officially a high-schooler!  Childhood seems to last forever when you are in it, but you look back and it's just a short moment in time...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks for the kind words...I am really busy, but loving it. Our BoH meetings are taped. I have already made marked improvements towards our public health issues and at present I am heading a campaign on how to remove ticks from your body (tweezers..not soap) 

Every little thing I do however, food shop, go for a walk, takes a bit longer due to citizens either wanting further explanation or elated jubilation that someone is taking things so seriously. It feel good. I have been a cake decorator for over 30 years and I never knew folks kind of thought that meant I knew nothing of the meat and potatoes of living 

It is going to be a nice day..so...Have a good one!

Icer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. I got the backend error as well! DS is actually a 7th grader. Soon to be 8th grader. We've gotten the D.C. trip commitment letter with a price of $1100, which can go up or down depending on the number of students that leave or new students. They will have a final price in September with a $400 deposit to go. Once the money is given you can't cancel. The class fund raisers (first one is a car wash on the 7th, which I am running.) and usually about $200 is deducted off the total price, so I'm thinking it would be $900 or so. One thing I like about the letter was that the 8th grade teacher stated that they give the letter out before summer vacation because she expects the students to raise some of the funds for the trip and to come up with an amount and plan with their parents. My brother has a table at the Revere Flee market in the summer, so we've decided that DS will go and set up a table and sell some of the many boxes of baby clothes that I still have in the basement. We are thinking that he can earn $300 from the flee market towards the trip expense (he can keep and earn spending money if he sells over). Then his father said he'd give $300 or so, and then DH and I would come up with the remaining.

Hats, your kitchen colors sound nice. Icer sounds like you are enjoying your position on the BoH. Let us know what colors your mom picks out. Kar, my mom really enjoyed her cruise to Alaska, she's actually gone twice.

- Darth Vadar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Thats too funny, Icer. Even a cake decorater will have a life after the icing. LOL
    So glad to hear you are happy for your new appointment. But people stopping you is part of public life (doesn't that sounds impressive?)

Sorry to hear, you took home a souvenir from you camping trip, Hats. Hope your hip gets better. Are you taking some ibuprofen? At one point I was asked to take 2 tabs. before I went to bed, so i could get some sleep. I like you color selection for your home. Personally I wouldn't go for the golden yellow kitchen though. But I can imagine the white cabinets lighten up the dark colors. Wasn't those the cabinets you and your mom recently painted?

Waiting for my new ref/freezer to arrive. They are supposed to be here before 11. DH pulled out the old one  from the wall before he left, so I could get in and clean behind it, before they install the new one. Hate to see it go. It has been my friend for 23 years. But it was necessary.

Have a good day. I will check in later, if BDC allows me.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, we posted at the same time. Great plan selling baby clothes. I have always been a promoter of the kids chipping in some for their expensive trips. Both our boys did. But I can tell you, the Washington trip did not cost $1100 then. That seems really expensive to me.  Even for today's prices. I am sure there are families, that cannot afford that. Will those children have to stay back? That doesn't seem fair.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Considering it's a Coach bus there, a Tour Guide during the trip, 4 nights in a hotel and 3 meals a day for 5 days and tours, entertainment, etc. It doesn't seem that expensive, I thought it was going to be more. I suspect if someone couldn't pay they couldn't go, as the school can't pay for them, however, maybe there is a fund that no one really knows about, as the letter states if you have trouble meeting the financial obligations to talk to the teacher. I know that if the parents/kids don't help with the fundraising they don't get money added in their account, which makes sense for those families that are partcipating.

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sounds like a fair arrangement, Winter. I do hope there is such fund, for the parents, who cannot afford to send their child. But I also feel, in order to receive such fund, they should be participating in the fund raising.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm excited for your DS's trip, Winter - he is old enough (and bright!) to really get a lot out of it and have a great time, too.  I agree, he's getting a bargain; hotels in the safer areas of DC aren't cheap. But, it still is a lot of money; I hope everyone can go. Thanks for mentioning how much for your mom had in Alaska.  DH is looking forward to experiencing Alaska in person; he watches all the Alaska shows (Buying Alaska, Life Below Zero, Alaskan State Troupers...whatever else!).  

I'm already stocking up for his trip.  I bought daily probiotic and fiber powder (yes, I'm sure he'll want it, lol), bug protection wipes (it will be mosquito season), and extra undies.  He's got a grey cashmere hooded sweater I got for 2/3rds off that he's wearing today and loves that will serve him well there and pack nicely.

Hats, sorry to hear your hip is giving you trouble.  I have bone deformities that give me hip pain so I empathize.  At least standing gives you some relief.

Pingo, how is PP?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

PP is doing better. Thanks for asking, Kar. They took her back to the pediatrician yesterday, and all seems fine. The fever has come down  to a bit under 100, so she is on the right track. She is just taking a little longer to recover. And this is the baby, they had trouble to keep up her temperature. They were worried, there is something wrong with her "thermostat". But doc comforted them. She will be fine. And DIL told me this morning, the baby is in good spirit.

On another note. My new ref. is delivered. They came even earlier, than anticipated. They were supposed to take the old one with them, and hook up the water. 1) No we can't take this one. Too big, we need 4 people. 2) No, we can't hook it up, you need a new tube. We specified at the store, which the ref. they had to haul away. And DH asked them specifically, if we needed new copper tubing. The answer was no. Fortunately DH came by, just as they arrived. He called Best Buy, and we were told, that that was the way it was, and that we welcome to reject  it. So I told DH, "Send the darn thing back!" When the service people heard that, they changed their mind, and offered to move the old one outside. So now, we have to call some scrap people to take it away.  DH can easily install the water supply himself, as the water is already there. But we are not happy with Best Buy. And I am sure, they will hear from DH. He wants them to pay for the haul-away, as they did not live up to their sales promises.

It took me over an hour just  to unwrap all the shelving. Completely covered with several layers of plastic. Now I have to clean them all.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news regarding PP, Pingo!!  

Ugh, what a terrible experience with Best Buy. I hope you love your new fridge and find it makes life in the kitchen more of a joy.

I just got back from running errands.  Returned the avocado, mailed some packages, went to the drug store...wish I had more to do out there it's so gorgeous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry you had trouble with best buy. We got our Washer from them and they installed and took away our old one.

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

We never had any problems with Best Buy. But this time was a bummer. Anyway, I love my new refrigerater. It is working as a ref/freezer should work. It took me several hours to remove tape and plastic and sterilize it inside (yes Icer, I did use Clorox and definitely more than the strength allowed).

It has a couple neat things, I love. The ref. door has two doors. The outer one, gives access to cold drinks and a snack tray. The inner to everything. DH and DSs won't have to stand there a looking  intoit. "Hm, what's there for me to snack on?" and move around and mess up everything.

I haven't filled it up yet. The water needs to be hooked up. And if that means, they will have to move it and I have to remove everything for the tenth time, I rather wait. I still have a small under counter ref. hooked up.

Anyone eat at Outback? They have a coupon right now. 15% off the entire bill. Bon appetite!
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I've seen that on on TV!  They advertise it in just the manner you describe showing the husband and son not having to open the whole fridge up for a snack.  I would love to have one of those for many reasons, not the least of which is that I despise side by sides like we have.  I'll have to wait until this dies (a natural death?).

ETA: We like Outback, but the one closest to us is horrible!  Whatever you do, if you are out this way (to go to the furniture outlets, maybe?) do not go to Outback in Leominster.  I wish we had a good one nearby...it's one of DH's favorites, especially.  Thanks for the coupon, that's a good deal.  Hey, my folks have one they really like in Altoona...I'll send that along to them. :)

ETA2:  just went on to their site for my parents, and found it is a promotion to try their new moonshine BBQ items, FYI, one of the meals has to include something of that new portion of the menu.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo I haven't been to the Outback in years, but the steak was good, as is the Rattlesnake pasta. I'll be headed out soon and I hope everyone has a nice evening.

- Darth Vadar

Sections
Shortcuts