May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2014

Was walking Gracie when you left, Winter, sorry to miss you.

gorgeous day; so glad I forced myself to walk...just wasn't feelin' it for some reason.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I think it was CT-DC who repainted her cabinets recently.  We painted our some years ago now - almost 9 I think.  When we first finished the repainting (it was white walls and wood cabinets) I felt blinded by the brightness , so I don't experience the sunny color as dark. Which reminds me, where are you CT?  Has school ended there?  Do you have a different program for summer or is it just a continuation?

Glad Pss. Pingo is better.  You must be relieved.

I want a hamburger. Too much Outback talk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh yes, Hats - is was indeed CT-DC.  I am probably a lot older than you, so i am allowed to a slip. How is your hip tonight? Any improvements? I really feel for you. I went through the wringer with my hips. Speaking of them. They they are feeling really good these days. I think all that walking in England did them good. I am trying to keep it up by walking at Market Street.
    Speaking of England. Your grandmother (who liked dulse) was  from Maine, and her I thought you were British.

Have a good evening everyone.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

No, grandma was from Nova Scotia!  I'm 1/2 Canadian.

Hip does feel better but the worst is in the morning - it's from sleeping on the floor last weekend.

Went to Joe's American Bar and Grill in Woburn and got my burger! Now It's time for jammies and sleep...busy day tomorrow!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It sounds like you had your burger cravings fulfilled, Hats. They make some "nasty" ones at Joe's. Yum!

I had a busy day at the office, so DH suggested, we go out and grab something. Fine with me. He still had a few things to do, so I decided to go home and rest a bit, before we went out. But when I got home, I changed my mind. I was too tired to go out. That may seem strange, but all I really wanted to do was to put up my jammies, and put up my legs. So I cooked at home after all. I had some frozen flounder fillets , I had bought at TJ's.  I breaded them and served them with steamed broccoli and home made remoulade - an European version of tarter sauce. They were pretty good.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hats, I just mentioned how good Joe's Am B&G has my favorite burgers when we were watching a burger show on foodtv last weekend.  

I've been on our annual purification all week so no meat, and for this major carnivore that's practically torture.  I'm only doing it a week this year, though, so today is my last day, yay!

Pingo, I often find going out more exhausting than cooking and eating at home...doesn't sound strange to me.  And, what a lovely, healthful dinner.  Speaking of which I hope you are still doing well with LI.  I've logged every bite for an entire 18 months (go me!) and am 2 lbs over my self imposed ideal mostly because of the few pounds I had gained when I was debilitated with vertigo.  I set my budget to slowly take that off now that I can move, again, and it's doing just that.  Cleanse has helped, too.  My stubborn dad finally decided it was time and has lost about 40 lbs!  Mom said he's unrecognizable.  I wish they could have come up for cousin's wedding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Finally a nice day.Hopefully it statys dry all weekend. DS has a soccer game tomorrow and on Sunday morning he is going on a Whale Watch. Oh burgers...so far I think R. F. O'Sullivan's and Boston Burger are the two best around. Any weekend plans? Kar, when does DH leave on his cruise? It will be chilly/cold there now.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I want a burger so bad!  We're going to a cookout at SIL's tomorrow so I'm pretty happy for my decision to only do a week of cleanse this year!

Winter, DH is going June 22.  He's hoping for cool weather.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Why would you want cool weather on a cruise? It will be even colder. lol.

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,

Cool morning, but it is sunny and clear. At least for now. Supposed to rain later. Hope the rain stays put for DS soccer games this weekend, Winter.
    Kar, the weather in Alaska will be pretty much like it is here right now. Alaska is beautiful, too bad you are not going. But I understand the circumstances. I just want to mention, that the excursions one can sign up for through the cruise line ahead of time, are such a rip off. You can do most of them on your own.There is always plenty of cabs at the dock to take you, where ever you want to go. On our trip to Bahamas f.ex., cruisers paid $60 pp to go and see Atlantis. 4 of us took a cab and paid $20 each way. Entrance is free. And when we went to Bermuda one of the attractions were an aquarium with an underground tank. Cruise ship charged $50 pp. It was w/i walking distance from the ship and the entrance fee was $8. In Alaska, we did book the helicopter trip and the catamaran trip to see the glaziers. Both well worth it. But the rest of the excursions we did on our own. In Alaska our cab driver took us out of the usual path to show us a eagle nest with a baby eagle and to a place, where the salmon spawn. Both most interesting.

How is your hip this morning, Hats? What kind of crafts are you doing right now? Since tt left us, you have kept us out of the craft loop. I finished DIL's wall hanging, and am now starting on a Christmas stocking for PP. The kit came yesterday, and I am anxious to get going on it.

http://www.stitchery.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=T80476"

It is involved and will take some time. But there is still 6 months to Christmas.

At home today, doing laundry and other house chores. Will try to get a walk in later this afternoon. Also have to go to TJ's and Costco. And this is supposed to be my "day off"?  DH will come home and say, "What did you do all day?" and "That's all?" LOL

Have a good day everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

His nickname isn't Snowy for nothin', LOL!! He doesn't even own a parka, just goes happily through the Winter in what I consider to be a Fall jacket.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, he will not need a parka at this time of the year.

Is the cruise ship by any chance stopping in Vancouver? The botanical garden is a must see. it is gorgeous.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, we posted at the same time so yours just came up.  Indeed, it would be nice to go with just DH.  

ETA: deleted stuff I decided I wasn't comfortable with 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Remember my kargiverbdc @ gmail.com address.  Let me know here if you use it, tho, because I don't check it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The upside to booking excursions through the cruise line is that if for some reason you are delayed the ship will wait for you if you booked through them. If you book on your own you are out of luck and the ship won't wait. According to my mom, the weather is colder there then it is here.

- Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

His folks are experienced cruisers and world travelers...hoping/expecting they know since they are 100% in charge of the entire trip!  We're using the weather channel averages to get an idea of what he'll need to have.  As the trip draws closer we'll refine our choices.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure he'll have a great time. As I said, my mom who HATES the cold enjoyed it so much she went a second time.

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I have been too busy to do any crafts!  I hope that when school is over I can do some fun things again.  The hip woke me up at 2 and I ended up sleeping sitting up on the couch from 3 - 6.  We may be needing a new mattress....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter!

Hats, sorry your hip hasn't forgiven the camping trip yet.  My hip/bone problem requires a waterbed - it's soft sided and looks just like a regular pillow top mattress.  Takes all the normal bedding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hats, sorry your hip has been bothering you. I'm alsmost done with PT for my elbow. I've been downgraded to once a week starting this week; it feels better, most days it doesn't bother me at all.

- Darth Vadar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's great, Winter.  So many people jump right to surgery; the irony is they have to do PT afterwards anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good to hear your arm is so much better, Winter. It took some time, but like Kar suggested, much better than recuperate from surgery AND start PT afterwards.

Was on the phone most of the morning, trying to find someone to haul away my old ref/freezer. The charges range from $89 to $160. Then we have to get a plumber to install the waterline, Both expenses should have been free to us (according to the sales agreement - we have it in print). DH can install the line, as the water connection is already there, but he needs another size tubing. Fortunately we paid by Amex, and I am planning to write them enclosing the bills for both the haul away and the plumbing expense. I love Amex. I have coresponded with them several times, and they are usually in favor of the customer.

I needed to get the rid of the "agony". So I went for a walk. It is lovely out. I still needed a light jacket though. Picked up some huge shrimps on the way. Planning to make a baked Shrimp Scampi. Never done that before. Always made it in a saucepan with lots of butter. This recipe needs only 1/4 of the butter. I will serve it with a larges salad with an Asian dressing. What is everyone else having for dinner? I need some input here. tt was goood to give me great ideas in regard to meal planning. I miss that and I do miss her too (never mind that  Ache thinks otherwise - read other thread).

Have to put away my groceries. I am starting with an empty refrigerator, and I have made a promise to myself. Don't overbuy!!! Buy just what I need.!! I am hoping that will last. I am still living as a 4 member family with large parties. And now we are just the two of us and don't entertain as much anymore., I have to admit, I do overbuy and have to trow out a lot of stuff.

Just came back from running errands. It is very nice outside. Still needed a light jacket though.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a frustrating hassle, Pingo.  I hope you don't incur any extra expense after all is said and done.

Baked shrimp scampi is just as delectable as the frypan version imo.  Hope you agree!  

I'm making carrot cauliflower soup for dinner, my last cleanse friendly meal, and the end of week one of three for DH.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

WOW! Hope you can celebrate (w/o going overboard) at SIL's cook out. Didi you lose the 2 pounds you gained? i lost another 5 lbs. w/o even trying. But I weigh  a bit more than you, so it is a lot easier to lose. Just logging and logging and logging. I am kind of sick about it by now. But when I want to stop, I just think of you. Kar can do it, so can I. Thanks friend, for giving me company.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, why not call American Express rather than writing?  I think you'll get resolution faster...