May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2014

So glad to hear you're still logging and keeping it under control that way - for me, it's the only way.  I spent so much on new clothes I make myself keep up the habit.  I think I did; it's hard to tell when you're only two or so lbs away because you can retain more water than that on any given day.  Great job, my friend!!  I miss the LoseIt thread, but had to check in real quick. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I just had to say something, a while back, I think someone suggested that drinking large amounts of water would aid in weight loss. 

Drinking more than 2 liters of H2O a day can in fact be harmful, especially if you have kidney problems.

An acquaintance of mine, a very intelligent, healthy young woman collapsed and died during the Boston marathon a few years ago due to water intoxication.

http://www.remembercynthia.com/Hyponatremia_BostonGlobe.htm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Morning, morning, morning!

Hope everyone are well and had a good nights sleep - despite shoulder and hip problems.

The outside  painters started their job this morning, so I woke up to our pressure washer's wonderful humming - NOT! Hope they will finish with that today.

Had a very vivid dream last night. tt would have gotten a chuckle out of it. I dreamt, we were all getting together at GT's home. Everyone brought some craft items, They were placed in his driveway for passer-byes to buy. Hats had made a truck load of wreaths with sea shells??? Winter brought peanut butter cookies. I was upset, as I don't like peanut butter. But we all helped putting them in small bags and tied them with a yellow ribbon. We ran out of ribbon, so tt went to get some more at Michaels. That's when I woke up.

Hope everyone will have a good weekend. Chat later.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Too bad tt isn't here to read about your crazy dream, Pingo!  I had wild, weird dreams last night, too, but they are just foggy images, now.

Clouds are burning off, hopefully it will be nice for SIL's BBQ.  I'm not going to go whole hog, but I will enjoy a beer and probably a little slice of her award quality cake...totally worth it.

dh is out with Gracie and I'm lounging around in my pjs finishing my coffee...ahhhh, delish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, DD did make a wreath with shells last fall...amazing dream!  Funny, I have been thinking about some new wreaths all morning....

Kar, I hope you enjoy the BBQ.

Me, my hip is better but I think DH and I may go look for a new mattress since his are bothering him too.  Laundry, dishes, and planting a few marigolds are on my list....

Tomorrow is supposed to be a better day so we will be kicking around ideas for fun...and a good walk.  Hope all of you have something fun to do, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've noticed a number of new mattresses out there this year that would pique my interest were I in the market.  Tempurpedic has come out with a few new options, for example.  Have fun shopping, and I hope you find one that helps you both.

Thanks - we do always have a wonderful time with SIL and their parents.  Lovely people, no drama, great food...what more can one ask for?  Can't wait!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hope the weather stays for SIL's cook out, Kar. I totally agree with you. Saturday mornings is just for lounging around in PJs. I am still in mine.  DH just came back from the office. We had all the carpeting steam cleaned in the entire building. We always do that before the exterminator comes and do his thing. We never had a bug, but don't want any either.
    Made lunch for us, but right now he is busy w/ the boys pressure washing out house. We has squirrels making a home in our pool attic. They chewed themselves through the siding. So they will also be fixing that placing new Cedar siding.
    Got the water line hooked up to our new refrigerator this morning, so it is now working ship-shape.
    Got a call from TXS earlier. PP is back to her old??? self. Smiling and laughing. 
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

psspingo is well!  Yeah!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Got myself put together and just painted my nails, hands and feet.  So, I may be dressed but the lounging continues as I let them dry.

we think a rodent may have chewed through Gracie's fence wire, speaking of mischievous squirrels.  DH can't find the break, and Gracie is into the compost every chance she gets. Argh!

great news re PP!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just walked Gracie and we're off.  Have a great afternoon, everyone!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Had a fantastic time at the party.  Did, in fact, go whole hog and ate the slab of cake I was served.  So good!  The lemon chicken breasts were amazing, too - pounded to about 1.5" thick (nice and uniform) bone in - and grilled to smokey, juicy, lemony perfection.

Working it off today - DH and I spread 5 yards of mulch today around the day lilies along the rock retaining wall of the front yard and the two flower beds in the front of the house.  Phew!!

Whats everyone up to?