May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2014

Managed to get Mother's Day stuff out and do a few errands with PMS and a UTI.  Taking Azo for pain and seeing urgent care in the morning. :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

OUCH! 

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Managed to get Mother's Day stuff out and do a few errands with PMS and a UTI.  Taking Azo for pain and seeing urgent care in the morning. :(

Discretion is the better part of valor.[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Amen, sistah!!  guess you can relate, unfortunately!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I used to have those problems, but there are certain blessings to getting older!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've had fewer infections of all kinds since starting the kefir, but apparently it isn't bullet proof. :(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning.  Just trying to get caught up on posts.  First of all, Hats, I am very sorry about your family member.  You and your family are in my thoughts.

TT- you've been quite a busy bee!  Sorry about your muffler.

Things have been a little crazy for me.  I had some very scary health problems, which ended up being due to a very low level of calcium.  If anyone is interested in what can happen, just Google Trousseau sign of latent tetany. Pretty crazy.  I know, I know.  I should eat/drink more calcium.  Not really going to happen but I will take a supplement from now on!

On top of that, I had gone out to lunch with Mom last weekend.  I got her settled at the table and was taking her walker to the back to be out of the way.  Clumsy me fell and broke 2 ribs, lol.  I guess when it rains it pours.  I have to say, it was a bit funny because I was carrying the walker and it went flying across th floor.  It was just so ironic.  Also very embarassing!  So, I am at work but walking very gingerly!

Hopefully May turns around for me, lol.  On a happier note - Spencer and Bella are just great together.  Bella is just so much fun.  She is already up to 13lbs (was 6 when we got her) and is all head and ears!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Busy day yesterday, and I fell into bed at 8:30 and slept clear through until 5 this morning.  Glorious night's sleep.  Think the ultrasound may have had something to do with it.  Which, btw, was good, again being told whatever I'm doing to keep on doing - - only thing is, I'm not doing anything different as far as cholesterol control.  Maybe as you get older you don't make as much?

Looking to see how your son's science fair was, Winter.  Great to think outside the box as far as what experiment to perform.

Up at 5:30 this morning, hoping to see deer or at least the rabbit, but only sightings were starlings getting grubs, or worms.  Ornamental grasses are coming up.  Loving the forecast for the week-end now, high 70's for Sunday.  My heat still kicked on this morning.  Sent in last oil budget payment, that will be a nice bonus in my checkbook each month until it starts up again.

Company this afternoon, and I have a nice plain coffee cake recipe set out, ready to make just before she's due.  Almost made it up for myself for breakfast, but opted instead for toast with peanut butter.

Kargiver, hope you are feeling  better and that you get meds you need from the dr.'s.  That was something I never suffered with, so I can sympathize, but not empathize.

Hope Pingo is having a wonderful time in merry old England.  She'll have  a great Mother's Day, I'm sure.

Time for the 7:00 news and my Charlie (Rose, that is).

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess!  Your post was there when mine came up.  What a time you've had.  Sorry about your fall, and doubly sorry about the low calcium.  Haven't googled the site yet, but I'm wondering if a med you are on keeps the calcium from being absorbed by your body? From your comments, sounds as tho you're not fond of milk and dairy products, but what about cheese?  There are so many different kinds that you could sneak into your daily diet, cottage, cream, even a slice of plain Land of Lakes as a snack.  Being someone who melts a slice of cheese on practically everything I heat up, hard for me to understand not liking it - lol

Glad the dogs are getting along, at least.  Take care of yourself.  Did I mention in a previous post that I asked about Peter last trip to the pharmacy and was told he has a long way to go still?  That's all that was said, so I didn't press any further as to what had laid him low to begin with.  Enough to know that he is making headway, even if slowly.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

princess, I am so sorry to hear that you haven't been well again, and that you fell and broke two ribs.  I hope that getting your calcium up will make you less apt to break bones!

A nice weekend weather-wise  would go a long way towards making everyone happier, I think.  Especially me, since I will be camping.

Don't forget to look for bunnies in the evening, too, TT just before dusk.  That's when I usually see them.  I've seen so many birds lately - I was up and out at 4 am recently and saw two species of woodpeckers in the back yard!  I think I have seen and heard a pee-wee this week too.  Apparently they are migrating now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

TT - Yes, I do like cheese so I am going to add more to my diet.  You are correct that I really hate milk and not really a fan of yogurt (it's the texture), etc.  The docs also recommended that I take a coupe of Tums per day as they have a lot of calcium, so I will do that as well.

Yeah, unfortunately Peter still does have a way to go with treatment.  Things are going to be worse before they get better, if you know what I mean.  I will see if I can get a status update and let you know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ah yes,  The old Tums.  My cousin for whatever reason, maybe seeing her mother do it, took a couple of Tums every night before going to bed.  At one point about 10 years ago a doctor told her she would have to have an operation - too much calcium accumulating - they operated at the base of her neck.  My point being, not to scare you, but to say, "Ah yes, the old Tums does help with needed calcium."

So sorry for Peter and his lengthy recovery.  I think of him often, as I'm sure others who use the pharmacy do.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morining everyone. Science Fair was ok. He didn't place but he could explain it to people. Not sure if he will get his grade for it today, but we hope so. Next week he is at a school overnight trip Monday-Friday. It's called Nature's Classroom. Outdoors, science, stuff, hiking, etc., and some fun.

Princess, sorry about your illness and ouch on the ribs. Take care of yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing 
    - Darth Vadar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good Morning all, looks like a real nice day out, no wind and lots of sunshine.

Princess Cal, so sorry to hear about your broken ribs, ouch, I did the same thing a yr ago this month, took me a long time to come back from that little trip.....I am ever so careful now!! A little locking the barn door after the horse has been stolen....

tt, Where oh where do you find all your energy, quick, tell me where so I can go and get some.  Your poem to Icer was real nice.  Hope your pot luck with the boys goes well, Kilbasi and beans, yummy!!  I add onions and chili sauce to my beans (my gf uses brown sugar and barbacue sauce, I think the chili sauce takes care of both).

Hats, hope your family member is coming along ok...stinks whenup with....but now DH's taste buds are on vacation, he doesnt kuje   someone is not up to par, as for the meals tt was talking about, shes right, every night I make a full meal, meat, potatos and veggies....what I was brought up with. ss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hey, SS, you do OK for yourself in the energy department.  Knowing me, if I were saddled with emphysema, I wouldn't attempt half the stuff you do.  Give yourself credit, lady.  Today I'm playing - decorating with stickies the birthday card I bought GD, and tying up with ribbon, then decorating with a sticky or two, the birthday and anniversary cards for son and DIL.  Course my teeth aren't brushed yet, and I'm just about dressed, that's all!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, hope your son wasn't too disappointed.  It was an interesting project he chose.  You can't always come in in the top 3.

Love those nature camp trips for the kids.  My boys loved them.  I'm sure Hats is doing something of that sort this week-end on her camping adventure.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He's not upset at all. He just wants a good grade. Yes he's looking to this trip, in fifth grade they were gone 2 nights and 3 days, so this one is longer. Having trouble finding hiking boots now, but I have a few days left. They stay in cabins, and have a nice mess hall to eat in, there really is no camping, but they do nature/science stuff.

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do you remember last year you were hunting for boots for the trip too?  I remember because you were all over the place trying to find them, was it Bob's you finally got them?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Two years ago, I do remember, I found them at Olympia Sports. No luck there now. He's in an odd size, either smallest men's or largest boys...ugh. I've been looking longer this time too, so I wasn't last minute.

- Darth Vadar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I opened the window in this room and Cheerio is sitting up on the sill.  She's so funny with the sparrows.  They are darting between the birdbath that I just refilled, the dirt, and then up into the tree that sits right next to the window.  She sees them coming and ducks!  The're either oblivious to her presence, or know she can't get them.

Late start to my crocus that G.T. scattered through the lawn years ago.  All the green leaves are up now. Wonder if they'll have a late blooming.  Will be beautiful if they do.

Oh, these birds, what teasers!  Three are sitting on a branch within arm's reach, chirping away and hopping from one branch to another.  Poor Cheerio, her tail is twitching away.  One of those tiny birds has the biggest sound.  You'd look up expecting a much larger bird than that tiny chirper.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Hats, re meals, they are a changing, DH seems to have lost his tastebuds, hes not interested in anything I serve, so last nite he had a salad and a bowl of brussel sprouts, tonite is spaghetti, so today is all set, but who knows what tomorrows menu will be.

Icer, Congrats on your new post....hope its all you hoped it would be.   Sorry, no cake needed, party has been cancelled....

Kar, hope your infections are clearing up, what a bummer eh?  Turkey, oh boy, did you have stuffing and gravy too?  Would make a delicious sandwich with some cranberry sauce on the side.

Winter, bet your son is glad his Science project is over.  I loved it when my girls and my nieces and nephews had projects in school, they were usually in each others rooms so they paired up on some projects. I enjoyed helping them and then going to see all the other projects at the school affair.   Enjoy your day all ss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to shakersilly2010's comment:

Hats, re meals, they are a changing, DH seems to have lost his tastebuds, hes not interested in anything I serve, so last nite he had a salad and a bowl of brussel sprouts, tonite is spaghetti, so today is all set, but who knows what tomorrows menu will be.

Icer, Congrats on your new post....hope its all you hoped it would be.   Sorry, no cake needed, party has been cancelled....

Kar, hope your infections are clearing up, what a bummer eh?  Turkey, oh boy, did you have stuffing and gravy too?  Would make a delicious sandwich with some cranberry sauce on the side.

Winter, bet your son is glad his Science project is over.  I loved it when my girls and my nieces and nephews had projects in school, they were usually in each others rooms so they paired up on some projects. I enjoyed helping them and then going to see all the other projects at the school affair.   Enjoy your day all ss

[object HTMLDivElement]

SS, your previous post "continued" started a new thread.  I don't know how your page is set up, but if you go to the Confidential Chat section, you'll see "continued" as a topic title, just like "May 2014".  You must have posted that word in the Headline box that says Re:  May 2014.  It gave you your very own column/thread!

DD must be working today, huh?  lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Trying to decide whether to do burgers or spaghetti myself tonight.  If I do spaghetti, then I don't have to cook tomorrow...hard choices!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

hats both dinner choices sound good to me. tt, I can picture Cheerio starring at the birds. Wish I could see a picture. Today is day three of the gas conversion, though we'll be waiting a little to have the stove installed.

- Darth Vadar

Sections
Shortcuts