May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2014

Cinnamon coffee cake is cooling, door rugs are washed and back in place, trash is  up and out back for wheeling down to the curb later, and Cheerio and I are back with the open window.  Still want to give the table a quick polishing and then put fresh place mats on.  My supper will be the leftover leftovers of pork, potatoes and carrots.  The rest I'll freeze.  Promised my Swampscott friend I'd get together with her either Thurs or Fri, so have to make a decision which day and give her a call tonight.  Cousin and I are still in a holding pattern.  Next week, for sure.

I know you'll be glad once  your stove is hooked up and ready to use, Winter.  You'll be the one posting what you made or baked each day, and raving about the difference using a gas stove.

I should be using this time to go through the flyer and making out a grocery list.  It grows by leaps and bounds each time I sit down.  Trying to keep it to bare necessities this week. Sunday, mainly.  There's enough other stuff in the house to get me through another week.

The tree outside is so pretty, all in pink flowers.  It's a sturdy little thing, been where it stands for 50 years, and survived multiple prunings, the last of which was when the guys were working on the roof.  New shoots up and blooming where they hacked off some branches in their way.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Practically a summer day, I've been reading outside and I think I have a little sunburn!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm going to have to rethink my "pots".  Not much of a reaction from neighbor.  Here I was thinking she'd oh and ah and I'd give her one she liked.  It was more, "Oh, yeah".  Well, family Christmas baskets are each getting one, filled with Hershey kisses.

Coffee cake was dry, I thought.  All in all not too successful an afternoon for me, between the pots and coffee cake.

While I was waiting for her to come up, started the book, "10% Happier" by the journalist who had lost it on national TV.  It's very interesting.  He was an overseas reporter starting when he was only a  kid, 22.  One of the girls I used to work with had recommended it.  Haven't gotten to the meditation therapy part yet, but am enjoying the stories of his encounters with Peter Jenning and others.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, so sorry about your breaking ribs in a fall and calcium issues.  I've been doing a lot of research on milk lately and believe the calcium in milk isn't as bioavailable as we tend to assume so nothing lost there (imho) if you don't like it, but you must like some other calcium rich foods?  We are growing broccoli and spinach and can't get enough of either when it starts producing!  I wrote your gmail account; do you still check that?

ss, can DH verbalize his taste changes and new preferences?  It would be so frustrating to prepare what was always deemed wonderful but is now rejected.  My DH can't eat stuffing, sadly, but we did have mashed potatoes and gravy with the now gone turkey...our own potatoes from last year's crops.

tt, I'm stunned you got a lackluster response re your beautiful bowls!  Maybe crafts just aren't her thing and wouldn't like any handmade (truly special imo) gifts.  I hope you had a nice visit otherwise.

winter, I cannot believe that project didn't place - sounds really creative and demonstrative of a great concept in physics.  Oh, well, at least he learned a lot and should be proud.

I went to urgent care this morning and then TJ's.  Feeling somewhat better, but dragging.  Making a stir fry for dinner.

good night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"tt, I'm stunned you got a lackluster response re your beautiful bowls!"

That's just the point, maybe they aren't so beautiful. . . .

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"tt, I'm stunned you got a lackluster response re your beautiful bowls!"

That's just the point, maybe they aren't so beautiful. . . .

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

no, no, I wouldn't assume that - it's art, and like any other piece of art itcan't appeal to everyone but to those it does it IS beautiful.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I really like art like that so I forget sometimes that it's not everyone's thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just spoke with my Swampscott friend and we got our dates mixed up, so next week we'll get together.  I'm just as glad.  Should take advantage of S&S's sale on the kielbasa which ends tomorrow.  I'll make out my list tonight and hit the store first thing in the morning.

You're right about beauty being in the eye of the beholder - I even dumped out the candy from my green shamrock dish and put that in front of her - no interest at all other than to say, "You're clever," and showing her the kits full of beautiful colors both in felt pieces and beads I had picked up for GD, there was little reaction either.  Arts and crafts definitely aren't her thing.  I need to find a kindred soul.

Glad you got to the dr. and got the meds to clear up your infection.  Hopefully you'll see improvement in a day or two.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Can you find a picture on pinterest of something similar and send us a link? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/210543351299699457/" rel="nofollow">http://www.pinterest.com/pin/210543351299699457/

is that what they look like?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

A picture is worth a thousand words -

There they are in my avatar -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well they look nice to me!

Doc Martin tonight!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Well they look nice to me!

Doc Martin tonight!

I was just coming in to check the tv listings thought he was on now but it's sherlock holmes.

Oh, he's on at 9:00 and then flipping out on Bravo at 10:00 - if I make it up that late.

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Those are really pretty!  At least I think so...I'd have wished for the pink one in the back left of the pic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Thanks, Hats and Kargiver, but I think it's an acquired taste.  The avatar doesn't do them justice, especially for how beautiful (in this beholder's eyes) looking down into the inside is.  So, as long as it gives me pleasure to make them, I'll continue and pass them on to unsuspecting recipients - - she, not being one!  lol

How are you feeling this morning, Kargiver?  Hope you're seeing an improvement.

I'm dressed and raring to go, the shopping list grows.  Going to copy off a pork chow mein recipe I found, if I can find the same one again.  It was fairly simple and the ingredients I know I can find during my regular grocery shopping.  Might make that tonight.  Want to make a batch of either oatmeal/cranraisin cookies or scones, to give to my son for his kids when he stops over.  Maybe the cookies would be good, and there's always whoopie pies, but I'd succomb to those myself, I think.

Cheerio has eaten and is on the bed waiting for me to open the blinds to let the morning sun fall on her.  She smiles so and squints up her eyes when I do that.  Her one main warm spot of the day is that morning sun.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm glad you're encouraged, tt - definitely don't waste the bowls on anyone who doesn't appreciate their beauty.  I can see into them some and noticed the inside is just as pretty as the outside.

I'm feeling much better, thanks! I've been pounding the pure cranberry juice (which I find disgusting).  At least it's only 70 cal per cup!

Gracie is sunning herself, too, while she spies on the neighbors.  Her jet black fur is already turning markedly brown in the sun.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, I too love your bowls. I like the pink one and the multi colored one in front of it, if I were picking. Kar, glad you are feeling better. Have two work parties that I planned next week. I'm hoping that I can get out of going to one of them, since I'd rather have an extra free night with DH since DS will be gone from Monday-Friday afternoon. The town is inspecting the new furnance today and then we have to have the gas company install the meter.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Winter.  Long slow process with your gas hook up, huh?  Did you find the boots for your son?

Waiting for the timer to go off for the last batch of oatmeal/cranraisin cookies in the oven.  Only had the dark brown sugar (still) in the house so used that, and they are so good.  Sending most of them along home with my son when he stops by.  

Haven't made it out to the store yet, hoping the kielbasa is still there by the time I get there.  Almost impossible to find the chicken style now, but the turkey will have to do (more greasy to my way of thinking).  I prefer the beef, but the guys in my family no longer eat beef.

Glad you're feeling better, Kargiver.  Miracle drugs.  Speaking of which when I was talking with my cousin she said she's off the prednasone now and back to her old draggy self!  So even she must have realized the "cheery, chirpy" difference it had made in her.  lol

Oh, train whistle.  Wind must be blowing just right.  Haven't heard that in a long while.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt.  big relief to not dread taking of business, lol.

Maybe your dragging dreary cousin would to talk to the doc about possibly suffering from depression; sounds like maybe the prednisone illuminated a real chemical imbalance that may have been assumed to just be a melancholy personality.

Could you get a rain check for the kielbasa on special if it's gone?  I hope you find some while it's on sale and don't have to bother with that.

decided to polish the entrance floor - need to get on that before company comes.  I think a friend is dropping by around 3, but we haven't been able to connect to confirm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She isn't coming...sigh.  Just as well, I guess; the foyer is taking longer than I expected.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cable TV all funky; taking a cranberry juice break and spending it on the phone with Charter.  The auto system sent a "corrective signal" and I'm supposed to press 1 when it corrects (if).  3 more minutes it tells me...

What a day!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry your plans for this afternoon fell through, Kargiver.  Things happen - like me not getting together with Swampscott friend this week.  Actually it worked out for the best, gave me a chance to make the cookies and to get groceries in.

Cousin is the last person who would ever be depressed.  That's why the prednisone made such a drastic difference - she was almost hyper with it.  She's an upbeat person with a very active social life within her family.  I think she just noticed that now she is off of it, her "speed" was down a couple of notches.  lol

Beautiful day for anyone who hasn't had a chance to get out yet.  I, OTOH, have got to clean out my fridge.  So many little containers - a little leftover rice, a serving of chick noodle soup, a couple more I'm not even sure what's in them - -  Rinse things out and fill up the dishwasher.

Miss seeing pictures of Gracie.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ha, I guess "draggy" was sarcastic, lol!  That's a relief.  :)

yeah, it's ok... I'm getting more done, too.  I drank the kefir she asked for; she wants to start doing her own so I got it all set.  No harm, I'll start another jar for her whenever she wants.

Just had lunch of cranberry juice, coconut oil, and tofu with sautéed garlic...oh, yeah, and extra kefir.  Sounds delightful, I'm sure, hahaha!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually, I put my hand over my mouth while I was reading it!

Found a few canned pears and another container with a few sliced strawberries still good, so am going to combine the two and have a snack in a few minutes.  Have to slice and freeze the remaining pork too.  Picked up a different brand birdseed today and it was like all kinds of calls went out - "over here!  Come and see what she's put out!"  So many new little birdcalls this year, or maybe I've just forgotten them from last summer.  Love to just listen to them.  Have to get a straight back chair, one that doesn't slope down in the seat, so I can sit out.  The camping chair I bought last year kills my back when I go to stand up, and this afternoon is one when I'd like to sit out and read.

You're being gracious about your friend not coming, but it's clear you had gone to some extra work to have the kefir ready for her. 

P.S.  Heard from sons, one is bringing a chicken/rice dish and the other stuffed grape leaves or stuffed peppers, and a salad.  Sounds like a good twosome along with my kielbasa, vegetarian baked beans and brown bread, topped off with Spanish Creme and strawberry shortcake for desserts.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

That does sound like a good menu, TT.  I hope you have a good day on Sunday.  I'll be out of touch this weekend. I'm hoping to sleep well tonight because I don't sleep much when camping.  I am actually looking forward to a little hiking on Sat, though.  I took a nice walk yesterday and it was fun.

Doesn't Pingo return on Monday?  That will be exciting, to hear her tales.

I found a new blog.  If you lived thru the 60s and 70s you might enjoy it, these ladies buy all the retro stuff they can find at California thrift shops....

http://goldcountrygirls.blogspot.co.uk/