May 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2014

Welcome home, Pingo!!!  What an excellent trip all around.  Of course, travel is exhausting...at least you have a flexible schedule to rest up.  What a thoughtless thing to do, leaving your car with a flat with no word!

Winter, after planning my wedding I have huge respect for event planners!  It's a stressful job with tons of details.  

Hats, glad you're feeling better!

creative poem, tt.

Been super busy this week.  Want to lunch East, then to Brimfield, then dealing with a new wireless house alarm system DH got the ball rolling for in anticipation for his being away so long for his cruise.  Cable co is coming today to get a land phone line hooked up...wireless connection to the alarm monitoring is flakey out here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

DH and Guests just left, and I have a few minutes to myself. They will be back for lunch. Saw huge artichokes the other day, so I grabbed them, while I could. Those and a salad. That should tie us over until dinner. A good friend has invited us, so I don't have to cook tonight.

SIL left me with two large loads of laundry. One is already in the dryer; the other one in the washer.

The rain was pelting down last night. Hope you didn't get flooded out, Hats. The rest of the weekend look like it is going to be ok.

Wondering if graduation parties has started already. Our boys graduated from HS on May 17, and both time we had a huge garden party. I do remember, how I was praying for good weather. Fortunately, my prayers were heard both times.

Is your wedding this weekend, Kar? Or has it already taken place? Did you find that vase you were looking for? I am surprised, with you living so deserted in the woods, you haven't an alarm system already in place. It does take some learning to use it. But it is such a comfort to have. Ours is always on, even while we are at home. It has different settings, and we can by-pass certain areas, if we want. How long will DH be on the cruise? Good you have Gracie to keep you company.

Just in case you read the forums, tt - I hope you and Cheerio are well.

Hope you are migraine free this morning, Winter. Did you get your stove yet? What will you do with your empty oil tank? There are strict rules and regulations for removing it. Make sure your contractor adhere to those, or you will be hit with a huge fine. Some contractors take the easy way out and shortcut them. I believe, he has to pull a permit for it.

Dyer just stopped. Have a great weekend everyone.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wonder if your guy noticed the flat, Pingo - sometimes I've had a flat from a big gouge that I only saw in the morning.  Hoping that's the case interpersonally even thought it's just as much of a pain re getting a new tire.  

Got the land line for the alarm, and we are still getting the "no link to dispatch" error message.  On hold with alarm co.  What a pita.  I warned DH this would be more trouble than he assumed, but never having to have dealt with such a system before he didn't believe me.  Live and learn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We posted at the same time - just saw yours.

the wedding is tomorrow, and I found a lovely vase with hearts at the top that compliment the hearts in the doily.  I'm very pleased with it, thanks.  I have a few photos that I'll post if they ever get that fixed.

I'm thrilled we have an alarm, don't get me wrong, I'm just sick of working out the kinks.  Although, it's nice to have my concerns validated since he blew them off...I hate that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We have a new phone landline (having gotten along with just a cell phone for a few years) and the alarm is LIVE.  We had them shorten the practice period so we will have the house monitored while we're at the wedding.  It will be nice to be able to reach DH at home whenever I'm away with the cell.  That would have been particularly handy when I was in Boston a few days for my brother's situation.

hope everyone is out enjoying this glorious day!  I just got back from buying DH a new white dress shirt; his only one is far too big, now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Installing an under sink cabinet compost pail, hopefully all before DH comes in; I want to surprise him.  I know he'll love having the bowl of garbage out of the sink as much as I will especially now that fruit fly season is upon us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I know for many households the land-line is obsolete. Both our boys do w/o one. We kept ours, just for the alarm monitoring. For us,  who travel so much,  it is comforting to know the house is getting watched.

Congrats on your alarm system and congrats on your land line.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!!  I'm psyched for both.  And, it got the under sink compost pail installed before DH came in, too. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wedding trip day!  Got to race around getting ready, wrapping gift, and getting Gracie to the kennel.

have a great Sunday, everyone...chat later

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday morning,

What a beautiful morning - a perfect summer day (as it was yesterday as well). What a lovely day for a wedding. Have a great time, Kar.

And Hats, great weekend for camping after the rain out Friday night.

Making brunch. After that we may take a trip up to Gloucester or Rockport. Hopefully the tourists haven't found it yet.

Going to SIL later this afternoon. Our nephew is coming with the kids, so she is making pizzas.

House guests are leaving tomorrow morning, and DH and I will be back to our normal life.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well, it did indeed turn out to be a wonderful weekend and I hope all of you enjoyed the blue of the skies as much as we did! We were out west and it cleared up there much earlier on Saturday than it did in the east.  I was asked to work today but I refused because I want to/need to catch up and prepare for a meeting tonight.  And of course grocery shop.  What will we have for dinner tonight?  The age old question arises again....Why can't we all live in hotels with room service?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Hotels with room service would be nice Hats.  My DH is away and I had quite a morning getting my two girls up, dressed, fed, lunches made and out the door for school/daycare. I got to work about 15 mins later than usual (not too bad considering I had to drop off DD1 at her school which is about 20 minutes out of the way for me - DH usually takes her on the days I work).   Only thing I forgot to leave out anything for dinner tonight.  So either we will just have pasta and sauce from a jar (which the girls will love) or I will stop and pick up something on my way to pick up the girls.  We will probably have the pasta because I already have to leave work a little early to get both girls on time and I probably won't have time to spare to stop to pick up something.  Definitely don't want to stop somewhere after I pick up the kids because they will be hungry and cranky and not in the mood to shop! DH only travels for work maybe 4-5 times a year - not too bad - but the days he is gone definitely mess with our family routine!

Hats, very cool that you went camping! we have been wanting to do that but the kids are too little.  I think maybe next summer, hopefully after DD2 is potty trained, we will try it.  

Pingo - hope the car is fixed. ironically both times we had a baby, we were dealing with a flat tire.  When DD1 was born, I discovered the air had leaked out of one of my car's tires when we got home from the hospital and we had to call triple A.  Wasn't a big deal at the time because I wasn't planning on going anywhere with a newborn and DH was home for a few weeks with me anyway.  When DD2 was born, we had parked the car at the hospital and my dad walked by the car on the way to come visit us and meet DD2 and noticed that the car had a flat!  Without us knowing anything about it, he called triple A and they came and put on a donut for us in the garage.  When my dad finally came up to visit us he told us what happened and then he took the keys and offered to go buy a new tire for us so it was all fixed by the time we left the hospital.  Nice dad!!  

Kar - we don't have a home alarm system but I was wishing we had one last night when DH was away.  No special reason, just that it would have been nice.  Of course, our dog is sort of an alarm system in that she barks if anyone approaches the house!! Something to consider...

Winter, when does DS get out of school? My kids are in until the end of June and then start camp/daycare camp.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Rama, here's a philosophy that many families have found helpful - when Dad's away it's breakfast for dinner time - pancakes, waffles, eggs and toast.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

DH is on his way to the airport with our house guests. Since I wasn't home half of the time, it wasn't too bad this time. However, jet-lag and house guests do not mix. Nor do a car with a flat tire. The tire place called that my tire is in, so that will be the first item on my agenda today.

My morning started out with a beer bottle falling out of the refrigerator, scattering in a thousands pieces. DH is not a beer drinker, so we usually don't store beer in the ref. I didn't see it, when getting ingredients out for making waffles. So while making waffles I was mopping floor and sweeping up chards. Good start of the morning. I still have to go over it one more time.

Rama, I feel you "pain" being alone with two little ones and still try to get everything done. Especially in the morning. Single mothers are my heroes. Good for you it is not permanent. I was a lucky one, as I didn't work, while my boys were small. A second income would definitely have been nice, but I didn't want to miss a single moment of the boys growing up. And DH felt the same as I. We did w/o a lot of things (like a second car f.ex.), but still managed.

Glad you had a wonderful camping weekend, Hats. DH and I used to do a lot of camping,  before we had children. I miss it, but now I am too old. Too many aches and pain to sleep on the ground.

How was the wedding, Kar? How did the bride receive your beautiful gift? Hope you have time after you chiro appointment to check in and tell us about it.

On my way to get my tire replaced. I might skip the office today. I know, it is calling me, but I don't feel like going.

Have a great day everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pingo - your trip sounded like it was absolutely perfect!  DH and I had planned on going to Ireland in June for a wedding, but with the new puppy & Spencer it just wasn't good timing.  My MIL always watches (and adores watching) Spencer but Bella is still a handful at this point, and I don't have the heart to board her at his age.  We'll get there another time!

Nothing else exciting going on.  Keep popping in in hopes of an update from TT.  TT - where are you?  We miss you?  What are you baking?  What are you crafting?  What is Cheerio up to these days??? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

got home last night from wedding after having breakfast with some other family.  Picked up Gracie and went to bed soon after - too much excitement for the Kargivers, but we had a blast!  I actually left the gift all wrapped and ready to go at home so will have to send it after they get home from the honeymoon.

heading out East for lunch today so will have to catch up this afternoon.  Hoping everyone had a great weekend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. I wasn't in yesterday, had a sore throat all weekend and thought it best to stay home. Though we had our insulation put in. The basement and the main level, so it wasn't very quiet at home. Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend. Pingo haven't gotten the stove yet, we are waiting a little since it's $450 to hook it up plus the cost of the stove. We had a legitimate company drain the remaining oil and remove the tank; it was $350. House seemed warmer already yesterday with the inslulation installed. They also did under the doors. Next year, we need a new front porch door and both a screen and back door.

---------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Rama, my son gets out June 19th. He has a basketball camp at Arlington Catholic (his first choice for high school right now) starting 6/30 and then he's going to day camp at a CIT starting July 7, he'll go right up untill our cruise leaves, then he starts school on September 2nd. 

----------------------------------------------------------
    - Darth Vadar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

I just can't imagine, how you could forget that beautiful gift at home, Kar. But things happens. Good to hear you had a great time. I am sure you must have gotten a lot of compliments on your dress.
    Kar, I did take your advice giving the guy the benefit of the doubts in regard to the flat. Life is too short, and I do have to see him everyday.

We went to Ireland in June a couple of years ago, Princess. It is the time of the year, where the wild Rhododendron bloome. It was an absolutely gorgeous sight. All the hillsides were purple. Too bad you are not able to go. The wedding will be magnificent.

Sorry to hear you are not well, Winter. How is the throat this morning? Isn't it amazing, the difference you can feel right away with the extra insulation installed? Too bad you have to wait for your gas stove, but I can certainly understand why. Everything adds up.

Another beautiful day. Wish I could spend it on my deck. But I do have to go to my office. Have loads piled up for me, and no enthusiasm for getting it done. I have a hard time to get back to the daily routine after such a nice trip.  Besides house guests always leave me drained of energy.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer,

A belated congratulation on the position on the Board of Health. I was away in England, when you announced it, and I just found out now. I am sure you went home and scrubbed your counters with full strength Clorox. You will be one awesome inspector (and now, I don't have to worry about my kitchen counters any more - LOL). Will it be a lot of extra work for you? I hope it is a paid position, even though I am sure, it won't make you a Millionaire.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, when is your next trip to TX to see the princess?

- Darth Vadar

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks for the words ofd encouragement Pingo...the position is UNPAID...but I now get inspected by another Town's Health agent. A lot of folks get the Health Agent and the board of health mixed up....I was electyed to the board...The board oversees the Health Agent who is appointed by the Govenor. The problem is that we have like 300 towns/cities in the Commonwealth with only 250 appointed Health Agents...so when you get one...you are kind of stuck with that one til they decide to move on.

Zachary';s 2nd birthday and party is in the books now...2 years old and I have yet to make the kid a birthday cake...DIL's mother made it this time because,"She already bought a pan" I don't caRE...Lord knows I get to do enough

Sorry about the way you are feling TT...I feel that way myself sometimes and then...it goes away...Hope that is the case with you

Well...I am going to toddle off...I am gonna try to tidy up the yard a might

ttys

Icer

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Thanks for the clarification, Icer. I never knew, but not too old to learn. Too bad you didn't get to make Zachary's birthday cake. You would have made one awesome cake. The "just bought a pan" MIL sounds like a novice. If I was her, I wouldn't dare to compete with you. LOL

We were actually planning to go to TX this coming weekend, Winter. But DS and DIL, are having stay-over friends visiting. They told us, we were still welcome, but for everyone's sake, we think it is better we come some other time. Can't believe school is out soon. This year just flew by. What is CIT? Sounds like DS has a busy summer.  Maybe he will meet some of his new class mates during the basket ball camp.

2 sets of our close friends are celebrating their 50tieth anniversary today. None of them wanted to have big a party (and I don't blame them), even though their children insisted. I sent them flowers, and DH and I will treat them for dinner out in the near future.

Leaving for the office shortly. Made a big dent in the pile yesterday, but there is still more to go, before my desk is clean.

Have a great day!

- Eleanor Roosevelt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. My class started last night. It's a Photoshop class, which I know how to use, but the program is full of so much stuff it will be good. Icer, funny that you haven't made a cake for Zach yet. I'd be all over that. :) I hope you enjoy your new position. How is everyone else today?

- Darth Vadar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

A CIT is a counselor in training. He was one last year as well. he can be a CIT until next year and then he has to take a year off and at 16 he can be a Jr. counselor. The basketball camp goes to age 15, and it's great because the Basketball coach of AC (who we know because his daughter goes to DS' school) is running it. I won it at an auction and he's pretty excited about going.

- Darth Vadar

Sections
Shortcuts