May Weekday Chats`

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May Weekday Chats`

tt, breakstone makes a great-tasting 2% cottage cheese, not sure if you are using whole or not, but it saves a lot of calories to go with 2%.  And, yes, for some reason, weight loss goes in spurts even if you are consistent with your new habits.  Stay encouraged, and suddenly you'll see the pounds catch up to your efforts.  I'm a math/physics girl all the way, and I can't explain this annoying phenomenon, but it just is how it is!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Kargiver,

I like the large curd cottage cheese.  Not sure if Breakstone's is that.  I'm using Hood's right now.  Is there really a lot of difference in the calories eating the 2%?  I'll check out Breakstone's next week when I shop.  thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yearly pilgrimage of the turtle through my yard, across this busy street, down a side street to the marshy area.  Just did my good deed of the day and carried him across the street.  Hope he can navigate through the neighbor's tall grass, they are away and the lawn has really grown.  Haven't seen the mother duck with her little ones for a couple of years.  She used to take them down there mornings for the day and then parade them back to the pond at night.  Her crossing was through my yard and then down to cross the street where the new construction is going on.  Most likely she's taken a little different route.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

TT
    You just keep up your good work on your diet  and never, never get discouraged

Pingo,
     Have a good time, and we will be looking forward to hearing from you on your return

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Kargiver, I like the large curd cottage cheese.  Not sure if Breakstone's is that.  I'm using Hood's right now.  Is there really a lot of difference in the calories eating the 2%?  I'll check out Breakstone's next week when I shop.  thanks.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

If you like large curd, stick with the Hood, but yeah, there's a decent difference in calories, just like whole vs. 2% milk.  It's not that different in taste, either.  I won't eat yucky lower fat options, I'll just cut back on the portion of full fat one in that case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hello board friends:

Just trying to catch up on all the messages.  Pingo I am happy you will have a couple of days to do your own thing.  You have been a much better person then I would ever be. 
    tt so glad to hear your DIL is doing better and you will be spending Mother's Day together.  My daughter is a nurse and works weekends so we are having a get together next Friday night.  Couldnt do it tonight because my grandson has his junior prom.  Hopefully, the rain will hold off until they get on the bus.  We are all planning to meet, take lots of pictures and maybe go for pizza.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

putt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Putt,

Sky is still blue, so hopefully your grandson and friends will miss the raindrops.  Such a happy time for them, isn't it?  The boys always look so handsome in their tuxes and sometimes the girls a little too grown up with their choice of gowns.  Good idea to have a bus for their transportation.  You'll all have a celebration of sorts tonight anyway, with picture taking and pizza afterwards.  Hope you won't be alone on Mother's Day itself. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello all,
    I still cannot post from my office - they keep sending me back to the Globe's homepage. I can read your posts, but I cannot join your conversation.
    Today, when I left my office - I was craving a piece of red meat. After 8 days of veggies the carnivore came up in me. Would you believe it - I had to go to 4 stores to find a rib eye steak. Where are the cows these days? There were lots of other cuts, but I wanted rib eye. I was almost giving up and was ready to go to Kelly's at Rt. 1 for a lobster roll or a plate of clams. But I knew tt would not approve of that.
    I came home, changed into my nightgown, had my steak dinner (steak w/ mushrooms and onions, I guess that is ok tt?) and now I am sitting down with a glass of leftover Cabernet chatting w/ you. Oh, how I love to be home alone at least for a day or two.
    Mr. P called. It took them 8 hours to get to where they were supposed to be. And they will be doing the same thing tomorrow coming back. How glad I am, I decided to stay at home. 
    Tomorrow morning I am going for a pedicure. After that  I am going to the new Norstroms that just opened. Maybe I can find a couple of "graduation outfits" for myself. Yeah - I am excited. Like tt said it - 6 years and the puff. Those years went so fast.
    The graduation is a two days ordeal. First day a "hooding ceremony" for the PhD candidates. The next day the commencement and after that a diploma ceremony at the individual departments/colleges. I am bringing a truckload of tissue boxes. Our older son and our DIL will join us - so it is going to be a family affair.
    If I don't get to check in w/ you before Mother's Day, you all - mothers as well as daughters and sons - have a wonderful day.
    Mr. P's brother is taking us out for dinner Sunday night. I quickly accepted and already made reservation at Chianti's up in Beverly. Lovely little place with a lot of vegetarian options.
    Love to you all - Pingo

Putt, I was especially happy to see your post - I know I am speaking for all of us, when I say we all are happy to see your posts. So glad to have you back here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MosesHandsworth. Show MosesHandsworth's posts

[QUOTE]Hello all, I still cannot post from my office - they keep sending me back to the Globe's homepage. I can read your posts, but I cannot join your conversation. Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Log in where it says LOG IN (not where it says SIGN IN), and youll be able to post from work

(FYI: I assume, pingo still insists she's unable to read my messages, so would someone please relay my above instruction to her? Thank you. Dont say it is from me though. If she knows the source of the information, she will think it's boobytrapped or something. It isnt...)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Pingo

Enjoyed your post.  I never could do 8 hours of riding and then have to face the same the next day.  Glad you have these 2 days to relax and get your wits about you.  You'll be nice and rested for the happy occasion.

Up at 6:30 this morning, something must have been traveling across our front lawn, the cat was at the window with tail twitching, but by the time I got up and peeked out, it had gone.  (She's here on the floor, mewing away, telling me she needs to eat - NOW!)

Steak sounds good to me.  I looked for a piece when I shopped this week, but ended up not getting any.  My personal choice is First Cut Top of the Round.  I love the flavor.  Hardly ever order steak when I'm out, because even if I say "medium", it invariably comes too rare for me.  I like it just pink.  Glad you didn't go for clams - that is a no no.  Besides, giving up those fried calories allowed you to enjoy a nice glass of wine!  That's what I would opt for.

Making an angel food cake today to have back at the house tomorrow, with vanilla frozen yogurt, strawberries, and lite Cool Whip.  The cake is not a particular favorite of mine, so will halve the leftovers and send it home with both sons.  I'm craving pancakes this morning, but guess I will go with an omelet with whatever I can find to fold in it.  I have some zucchini and shredded low fat cheeses.

Hope you have luck at Nordstrom's.  I have never been in their stores.  Wanted to go over to Macy's to look for some new casual wear for tomorrow - I had seen a pant suit in a pale coral that I really liked - but sciatica has been on the rampage this week and I didn't think I could do it.  I'll scour clothes I had put away at the end of last season and see what I can come up with.

Enjoy your Mother's Day, and have a safe trip to your son's graduation. 

Oh, there's a post suggesting that when you try to get in from work that you

"Log in where it says LOG IN (not where it says SIGN IN), and you'll be able to post from work."  You won't be able to see the post, because it's from "you know who".  I do think he is trying to be helpful in this case.

Enjoy the day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Morning tt,
    Thanks for your post!
    Yes, 8 hours is a long ride. Of course my BIL and his wife were all up in arms, that I did not join them (hurting their ego). But I told them, that I just couldn't do it. 16 hours to just go and look at a house was not too exciting for me. I am so thrilled, I stuck to my guns.
    Pale coral and Betty Davis - now I will be on look out for you. Besides your post about the turtle gave off to me, where you live. Not to worry, I respect your privacy.
    I was up early too - and did have a good night's sleep. I am sorry to hear that your scatica is still bothering you. My weather leg is also bothering me. We are definitely going to have some weather changes. Thunderstorms is my prediction.
    I really never liked Angle Cake. Rather do the strawberries alone with the no fat cool whip. Actually that is what have been our after dinner dessert for quite some time.
    Another thing which we have come to love is a smoothie in the morning made from a banana, some pineapple chunks, an apple and some other fruits thrown in. It is a good start for the day. But not during the SB diet. Fruit is out, and I am not happy with that.
    I am looking forward to visit the new Norstrom store after my pedicure this morning. I get their catalog and they have some very nice things. I may not buy anything, but I hardly ever have the luxury to just go and browse for myself. I do a lot of internet shopping.
    Company will be home late tonight, so I do not have to worry about rushing home to cook dinner. They will grab something on their way. I only have two more breakfasts to do and no dinners (yes I am counting). Actually, I shouldn't even have to make BF tomorrow morning on Mother' s Day. If we had been alone, Mr. P would have taken me out for BF. However, I am doing this for him. I don' t want him to loose face in front of his brother. Thinking of making some kind of Strata with asparagus. I can make that ahead of time. Then maybe some broiled grapefruit - or a fruitbowl. Plus home made waffles. All washed down with som Bloody Marys or Mimosas.
    Happy Mother' s Day to you and to all of my other chat friends. - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

-- And what time should I be there for breakfast?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Good morning tt

What a nice night for the prom!  The boys are so handsome and I'm always in awe of the girls, they are all beautiful!  They seem to be in such a hurry to grow up. There are always a few girls that go without dates but we did notice there was one boy alone. He looked handsome in a nice tux, even had a boutonniere but was by himself.  The guy behind him had two dates!  Not sure what that was all about but my head was spinning.  Instead of pizza we went to Victoria Station and had the best steak tips ever!  Like you, I'm not into rare meat.  These were wonderful.  We ate outside, the night was perfect and there was even a full moon. 

pingo, how excited and proud you must be for this graduation.  I hope you find some wonderful outfits.  You and Mr. P should be very proud of yourselves as well.

Not sure what today will bring but I'm still in my pj's.  Maybe take a walk.

Enjoy the day

putt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning, Pingo Enjoyed your post.  I never could do 8 hours of riding and then have to face the same the next day.  Glad you have these 2 days to relax and get your wits about you.  You'll be nice and rested for the happy occasion. Up at 6:30 this morning, something must have been traveling across our front lawn, the cat was at the window with tail twitching, but by the time I got up and peeked out, it had gone.  (She's here on the floor, mewing away, telling me she needs to eat - NOW!) Steak sounds good to me.  I looked for a piece when I shopped this week, but ended up not getting any.  My personal choice is First Cut Top of the Round.  I love the flavor.  Hardly ever order steak when I'm out, because even if I say "medium", it invariably comes too rare for me.  I like it just pink.  Glad you didn't go for clams - that is a no no.  Besides, giving up those fried calories allowed you to enjoy a nice glass of wine!  That's what I would opt for. Making an angel food cake today to have back at the house tomorrow, with vanilla frozen yogurt, strawberries, and lite Cool Whip.  The cake is not a particular favorite of mine, so will halve the leftovers and send it home with both sons.  I'm craving pancakes this morning, but guess I will go with an omelet with whatever I can find to fold in it.  I have some zucchini and shredded low fat cheeses. Hope you have luck at Nordstrom's.  I have never been in their stores.  Wanted to go over to Macy's to look for some new casual wear for tomorrow - I had seen a pant suit in a pale coral that I really liked - but sciatica has been on the rampage this week and I didn't think I could do it.  I'll scour clothes I had put away at the end of last season and see what I can come up with. Enjoy your Mother's Day, and have a safe trip to your son's graduation.  Oh, there's a post suggesting that when you try to get in from work that you "Log in where it says LOG IN (not where it says SIGN IN), and you'll be able to post from work."  You won't be able to see the post, because it's from "you know who".  I do think he is trying to be helpful in this case. Enjoy the day.

Hi tt -

When I was having trouble posting from the office, MH explained the problem to me and I pointed it out to pingo, but I guess she didn't see it. I've had a lazy Saturday so far drinking coffee and listening to the Emerson College radio station.  On Saturday mornings, they play songs from Broadway shows.  If I'm at home on Saturdays, I enjoy it.  Soon, I'm going for geraniums and marigolds and finish my deck plantings.  Tonight, I am going to a benefit - drinks and nibbly things followed by a show.  Tomorrow, I am treated to brunch.  My father will join us.  If the weather cooperates, I will start tomorrow with a walk.  

Even though I have been seriously watching my diet for a year now, the worst time for me still is after dinner.  About 8:00 or 9:00, I am craving all the wrong things.  I had to stop buying chocolate and anything sweet. It's become routine for me.  However, I did not deny myself during the holidays and on the weekends, I don't watch the diet as much.  I'm a fan of cottage cheese, too, and buy Hood's lowfat.  If I'm starving at night, I have one of those Ak-Mak crackers with some cottage cheese or hommus.  That takes the edge off.  I love pasta, but of course white pasta is out.  I have gotten used to whole wheat pasta. I found some at Super 88 grocery, which is an asian grocery not too far from me. I don't care for the name brand versions you find in most stores.  Recently, a colleague told me about pasta made from farro flour.  I bought some through Amazon, and it is excellent.  The brand name is Poggio del Farro. Not sure what SB says about it.  I have followed SB in the past and also The Zone Diet. I do a combination of the two and it has worked in maintaining weight loss. From the start, I only lost a pound or two every week, but it adds up over time.

I'm so sorry you are bothered by sciatica. Take care and don't overdo it.  I haven't seen mention of your annual trip to the cape.  Is that happening this year?  NH after that?  We are creatures of habit here!

Happy Mother's Day!

mothermitzi       

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi pingo -

Happy Mother's Day.  You will need a vacation by the time these two leave.  I understand that they are Mr. P's relatives and you do this for him.  We all do things for the ones we love, but why do they have to stay so long? Do they travel from a long distance? 

I love shopping at Nordstrom's.  I find it is one of the few civilized places left to shop.  I don't care for Macy's.  In my opinion, they are a poor substitute for Jordan Marsh, even after all these years. I used to go to Jordan's for everything. When I go to Dallas, I go to the big Nordstrom's at Northpark.  Lovely store with a nice restaurant.  And of course, the original Neiman Marcus in Dallas.  We just don't have anything like that here.  

Have a good time in CA.  I am preparing to go later in May.  I'm not concerned about traveling with the flu and neither is my father.  He is keen to go on this trip. I am going to put some wipes in my carry-on to wipe the tray table down - little steps like that may make a difference.  With all aspects of travel being cut, I don't think they really clean the planes anymore. I think we'll be fine.  Enjoy!

mothermitzi  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi putt -

Happy Mother's Day.  Glad you will all celebrate at some point.  It is hard arranging these things now with different schedules, etc...  Same with my brood, especially when the kids are playing sports and involved in other activities.  I'm always grateful when we do manage to be together.  This past week wasn't very nice for beach walking or any outdoor activity really.  I watched the Sox last night and was glad to see a win. That Jason Bay was a good acquisition.  Can't say I'm holding out much hope for the Celtics or Bruins.   
    How is your house coming along?  Have the bees disappeared?  I left my car out last night and I can see it has a film of pollen on it, along with all those little round things that come off the trees at this time. Take care and know I am thinking of you.

mothermitzi

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi mothermitzi

There's been no mention of the Cape or NH, because I think I've lost my traveling partner for this summer.  She is going to Italy in September and I suspect her main concentration is on preparing for that.  I'm not feeling too badly about it right now, but come the warm weather I may be bemoaning the fact.  We usually do the Cape the end of June and June is fast approaching, so unless she brings that up soon, it's a no go.  The fact that I'm having periodic problems with knee/back may enter into it too from her perspective.

What are you summer plans?

As for the diet, I have pretty much steered away from pasta, but I wonder if the brown rice pasta at T.J.'s would be a good alternative once I get past this initial 2-3 week period.  One of my sons eats that all the time now since I gave them some in a Christmas basket, and he swears you can not taste the difference.  I go for the cottage cheese on crackers too, but since I love "crunch", often dip a celery stick in it and munch away.  Eat apples too (I know fruit is not allowed, but I don't eliminate it), half an apple, sliced and eaten slowly takes the edge off.  I really think the S.B. or any diet is just to get you on the right path, eliminating those cravings, with me it's for sweets.  That has lessened, but I think partly because I still am getting some sweetness from the fruits.  A lot better than all those calories and sugar I was getting from the results of my love of baking!  I do have that candy dish of dark chocolate Hershey kisses if the chocolate urge gets too much.  So far, so good.

I have the angel food cake out of the pan, and have been sprucing up the house a bit.  Have several items on the ironing board to choose from for tomorrow, and will be pressing them this afternoon and make the decision tomorrow, depending on what the weather/temp is.  Sounds like you have a nice week-end planned.  Enjoy the show tonight and brunch tomorrow with your family.  Happy Mother's Day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi mothermitzi

So good to hear from you~seems like ages but could be my fault for missing some of the messages.
    My friend and I have been doing some beach walking but not for the last couple of days.  I missed the Sox last night as I went to dinner with the kids and went to bed early. 
    My nephew is painting the house and truthfully, he does a great job when he shows up but I would never recommend him to anyone.  He started back on April 21, arrives about 10:30 and leaves by 3.  No weekends even if he missed during the week because of rain.  Gave me an hour yesterday and I still have two sides, the second floor plus the trim.
    The bees are gone and I am thrilled - should have done it ages ago but what is that expression:  woulda, shoulda, coulda.  Never too late.
    I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.  My oldest is working but the other two are taking me for breakfast and maybe a nice ride if the weather is nice.

Good to hear from you as always.

putt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Mothermitzy, I did see your post and of course I tried it - but nothing doing. Not working for me.
    MH is for me on the ignore button. So I don't see his posts. Hallelujah! Someone at BDC set that up, and I am relieved.
    For security reasons my son set up a lot of firewalls, virus checkers and whatever - so I think that could be the problem. He wanted that, so our employees just cannot install any program they want.  Anyway, I am busy at work and should not even be on the Chat. But I do appreciate you trying to help me. I will have to wait until the IT resident will have time to solve the problem.
    I can still talk to you from my home computer - so I am not totally lost at the Chat.
    Thanks for the tip on pasta. I just hate the whole wheat kind. Have tried several times to adopt to it - but no go. It is too chewy for me and have an odd taste. I will check on Amazon to get the kind you were recommending.
    Seems like you will have a busy day tomorrow. Enjoy it!
    Happy Mother's day to you and to you Dad as well. I am glad you all are including him - Pingo

[QUOTE]Hi tt - When I was having trouble posting from the office, MH explained the problem to me and I pointed it out to pingo, but I guess she didn't see it. I've had a lazy Saturday so far drinking coffee and listening to the Emerson College radio station.  On Saturday mornings, they play songs from Broadway shows.  If I'm at home on Saturdays, I enjoy it.  Soon, I'm going for geraniums and marigolds and finish my deck plantings.  Tonight, I am going to a benefit - drinks and nibbly things followed by a show.  Tomorrow, I am treated to brunch.  My father will join us.  If the weather cooperates, I will start tomorrow with a walk.   Even though I have been seriously watching my diet for a year now, the worst time for me still is after dinner.  About 8:00 or 9:00, I am craving all the wrong things.  I had to stop buying chocolate and anything sweet. It's become routine for me.  However, I did not deny myself during the holidays and on the weekends, I don't watch the diet as much.  I'm a fan of cottage cheese, too, and buy Hood's lowfat.  If I'm starving at night, I have one of those Ak-Mak crackers with some cottage cheese or hommus.  That takes the edge off.  I love pasta, but of course white pasta is out.  I have gotten used to whole wheat pasta. I found some at Super 88 grocery, which is an asian grocery not too far from me. I don't care for the name brand versions you find in most stores.  Recently, a colleague told me about pasta made from farro flour.  I bought some through Amazon, and it is excellent.  The brand name is Poggio del Farro. Not sure what SB says about it.  I have followed SB in the past and also The Zone Diet. I do a combination of the two and it has worked in maintaining weight loss. From the start, I only lost a pound or two every week, but it adds up over time. I'm so sorry you are bothered by sciatica. Take care and don't overdo it.  I haven't seen mention of your annual trip to the cape.  Is that happening this year?  NH after that?  We are creatures of habit here! Happy Mother's Day! mothermitzi       
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Monday morning weigh in - another pound, so down 4 lbs. in what, 3 weeks?  Not any great record, but I'm still pleased.

My grandson is home sick today, so going over earlier than I thought.  He's a kid who keeps a lot inside, so I suspect part of it is that he's upset over his father going to the hospital.  I'll bring a deck of cards and we'll play some "war".

Chat with you tonight or tomorrow.

P.S.  Ken, did want to say I thought a lot of thought went into the purple iris your son sent his mother.  I'm sure that's a flower you can't grow out there, and probably was one of his mother's favorites.  It would be mine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning tt,
    No loss this week - actually I gained 1 lbs. :( - Well it has beeen a difficult week with company and all. I hope it is just water gain.
    And next week - will be even more difficult - since we will be at hotel and eating out all the time.
    But I am really proud of your 4 pounds. Good for you. I am not giving up - will be in the swing aftar we come back from LA. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

I hope all goes well with your son today.  Nice that you can spend time with your grandchildren.  Nothing like attention from Grandma when the little ones are under the weather, for whatever reason.  

Congratulations on the weight loss.  May not seem like a lot, but the next time you are in the store, pick up a five pound bag of potatoes. You'll be surprised how heavy it feels.  That's how much you've lost already.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Honestly, I don't notice any difference between regular and whole wheat pasta now or white and brown rice.  Guess I've gotten used to it. 

I will be going to Maine in July for a week and again over Labor Day. I'm not going to Provincetown this summer.  It's very expensive to go these days, and after this past winter, I have my sights set on a warm destination next winter - probably March.  California is coming up soon.  Not only do I have to pack for myself, but my father is going, so I have to get him ready, too. There is a wedding involved, so that means dress clothes as well as casual. The next week will be a busy one.  

mothermitzi    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]Monday morning weigh in - another pound, so down 4 lbs. in what, 3 weeks?  Not any great record, but I'm still pleased. My grandson is home sick today, so going over earlier than I thought.  He's a kid who keeps a lot inside, so I suspect part of it is that he's upset over his father going to the hospital.  I'll bring a deck of cards and we'll play some "war". Chat with you tonight or tomorrow. P.S.  Ken, did want to say I thought a lot of thought went into the purple iris your son sent his mother.  I'm sure that's a flower you can't grow out there, and probably was one of his mother's favorites.  It would be mine.

TT keep up the good work on the diet.   Rome wasn't built in a day.  Took you a while to get on the weight, so be patient, it was come off

Thanks for the comments on the iris..She does love them, and we do remember them from back east.  She got some carnations they gave to the moms at church and added that to the vase too

Today I have to take her to get her annual mamogram..She is a 7 year survivor of breast cancer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Ken and mothermitzi,

Just got in from my son's.  A long day, but even longer for him.  Procedure took twice as long as expected and was not as simple a procedure as explained to him prior to getting to the hospital and "hooked up".  But, it's over and done with now, and hopefully the recuperation will be uneventful.  Being a mother, I would have liked nothing better than to have stayed right there and taken care of him!
    I hope we both sleep tonight.  I'm sure mine will be a more comfortable one than his.

Hope your wife's mammo was clear, Ken.  Even tho the years are in her favor now, I'm sure it's always a present concern in the back of your minds.

I'm off to get in my jammie's and take a tylenol and try to turn my mind off.  This doctor and  hospital were not ones I'm familiar with, and I would rest much easier if they were.

Good night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning tt,
    Hope you had a good night's sleep. This is motherhood - our children will never  "grow up" in our mind. No matter what age, we worry about them.
    Hope your son is recuperating well and everything will be ok. I am sure it must have been a long day for you. As much as we love the little ones, we at our age get tired out faster than we used to.
    Busy day for me too. Company left yesterday and after I got home from my office, I had to get the guest bath and bedrooms ready, as we will have another guest as soon as we get back from LA. Only for a few days, but still.
    Today I will have to pack and get my house ready as we are leaving very early tmw morning. I am especially worried about all my plants, I don't want to loose them, so I water them very well and set up buckets of water with wicks for the larger ones. But it is time consuming. The outdoor ones will have to take care of themselves. Hopefully it will not get too hot this week.
    You have a nice relaxing day. Are you going to the library? - Pingo

[QUOTE]Hi Ken and mothermitzi, Just got in from my son's.  A long day, but even longer for him.  Procedure took twice as long as expected and was not as simple a procedure as explained to him prior to getting to the hospital and "hooked up".  But, it's over and done with now, and hopefully the recuperation will be uneventful.  Being a mother, I would have liked nothing better than to have stayed right there and taken care of him! I hope we both sleep tonight.  I'm sure mine will be a more comfortable one than his. Hope your wife's mammo was clear, Ken.  Even tho the years are in her favor now, I'm sure it's always a present concern in the back of your minds. I'm off to get in my jammie's and take a tylenol and try to turn my mind off.  This doctor and  hospital were not ones I'm familiar with, and I would rest much easier if they were. Good night.