May Weekday Chats`

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Re: May Weekday Chats`

Hi pingo -

Have a safe trip and enjoy. If the past couple of days are any indication, your plants should be fine.  Last night was freezing!

mothermitzi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks mothermitzy! I did look into the weather for the next week, and everything sh b ok. Our trip is why, I have not done a lot of planting and no hanging basket so far. Will wait until I get back home. My home looks kind of empty, but come next week I will definitely take care of that. Our Azealias will hopefully "blind" everyone. When the white ones around our perimeter of our house spring out - it is quite a sight. They are just about ready.
    We have been sleeping for open windows for the last few weeks, but last night - agree - it was freezing. Had to get up to close them. I just love the fresh air waving by, but last night was really cold.
    Got a lot of things to do today. Just finished about 60 announcements for my son's graduation. All hand written - I am old fashioned. So a trip to the PO is in order.
    Then packing and "closing" the house. Hubby will just come home and say, "Let's go!"
    We have to leave very early tmw - so I have to finish everything today. But I am so looking forward to this trip, that everything else seems minor.
    Have a nice week - will report when we get back. - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Bon voyage, Pingo

Have a safe trip.  We know it will be a happy time for you and your family.  Save all the special little details to share with us when you get back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

TT, a pound a day will stay off.  You should be proud and confident you're doing it right.

Pingo, you'd be hard pressed to actually lose weight with guests all week and under that much stress.  You'll be back on track in no time.  In the meantime, don't beat yourself up, OK?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks tt, mm and kar for your good wishes.
    Have been doing a lot of ironing this morning - then a trip to the Post Office. Such a beautiful day. Wish I had time for a walk.
    I know it wil be impossible to do SB this week in LA - but I will try to be good. Feel though as if my stomach has shrunk. LOL
    Our son wants us to go to all the good food places he knows, since he will not come back to LA for a while. But he can do it. He runs and swim --- and look like a 6 foot bean stalk. But I guess celebration is in order.
    TT, hope your son will be ok and I am praying for our princess. A couple of weeks in the hospital is no fun.
    Bless you all - will chat with you again when I get back. Now packing - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"TT, a pound a day will stay off.  You should be proud and confident you're doing it right."

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Kargiver.  I only wish it were a pound a day, it's more like a pound and a quarter a week!  But, as you say, so far it's staying off, and I am losing my taste for sweet stuff.  The frosting on my granddaughter's birthday cake was just way too sweet for my liking Sunday - actually left it on my plate!  Right now I'm looking forward to my "treat" of a baked potato for supper with meatloaf and zucchini!  Who'd have thunk it?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]"TT, a pound a day will stay off.  You should be proud and confident you're doing it right." Thanks for the words of encouragement, Kargiver.  I only wish it were a pound a day, it's more like a pound and a quarter a week!  But, as you say, so far it's staying off, and I am losing my taste for sweet stuff.  The frosting on my granddaughter's birthday cake was just way too sweet for my liking Sunday - actually left it on my plate!  Right now I'm looking forward to my "treat" of a baked potato for supper with meatloaf and zucchini!  Who'd have thunk it?!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Curbing your sweet tooth is an even greater achievement and a good indicator of assured future success!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello all,
    Shutting down my computer. Leaving for the airport shortly. You all have a good week. Will chat with you when I get back. Love to all - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

safe journey pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Hi tt - I hope all goes well with your son today.  Nice that you can spend time with your grandchildren.  Nothing like attention from Grandma when the little ones are under the weather, for whatever reason.   Congratulations on the weight loss.  May not seem like a lot, but the next time you are in the store, pick up a five pound bag of potatoes. You'll be surprised how heavy it feels.  That's how much you've lost already.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Honestly, I don't notice any difference between regular and whole wheat pasta now or white and brown rice.  Guess I've gotten used to it.  I will be going to Maine in July for a week and again over Labor Day. I'm not going to Provincetown this summer.  It's very expensive to go these days, and after this past winter, I have my sights set on a warm destination next winter - probably March.  California is coming up soon.  Not only do I have to pack for myself, but my father is going, so I have to get him ready, too. There is a wedding involved, so that means dress clothes as well as casual. The next week will be a busy one.   mothermitzi    
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

Good morning, Mothermitzi

When do you leave for California?  Will you be staying just a few days?  It's a beautiful time of year for a wedding, hope the weather cooperates for the bride.  Nice that your father is able to travel with you.  Are your good friends next door taking care of the cats?  My son remarked on how much more open Cheerio is now that Charlie is gone - she came right out as soon as they came, laid down on the rug in front of them, rolled over and showed them her beautiful Cheerio colored belly!  Never would have dared do that if Charlie was still around.

We'll be a pretty lonesome board with both you and Pingo gone.  Have a safe trip.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning, Mothermitzi When do you leave for California?  Will you be staying just a few days?  It's a beautiful time of year for a wedding, hope the weather cooperates for the bride.  Nice that your father is able to travel with you.  Are your good friends next door taking care of the cats?  My son remarked on how much more open Cheerio is now that Charlie is gone - she came right out as soon as they came, laid down on the rug in front of them, rolled over and showed them her beautiful Cheerio colored belly!  Never would have dared do that if Charlie was still around. We'll be a pretty lonesome board with both you and Pingo gone.  Have a safe trip.

Hi tt -

I don't leave until next Thurday, one week from today.  We will be gone five days.  I have one excursion planned for each day, so as not to tire my father.  One day will be taken up by the wedding. I have tickets for a harbor cruise and I hope to get him down to Pebble Beach for lunch at the golf course there.  He went into the war from San Francisco and returned there after it was over.  He has fond memories of the area, although he has not been there since 1945.  Much has changed!  My neighbors will look in on the cats.  I have a gravity feeder, but they will change the water.  Their little girl likes to play with them.  I am most appreciative.

Very cool this week, but that's ok with me.  My deck flowers and vegetable containers are flourishing nonetheless.  Bet it gets hot all of a sudden.  Tonight, I am cooking corned beef and the usual trimmings for one of my neighbors who has been a guest lecturer at Harvard and BU.  He is going back to Italy this weekend.  We have become friends over the past couple of years and he loves all things Irish - even plays in an Irish band on Tuesday nights.  So, I offered to repeat the St. Patrick's Day meal and have a few of the neighbors in.  I will have leftovers, but the boiled potatoes and remaning Bavarian chocolate cake will go out the door with the guests when they leave! 

mothermitzi   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

I'm still here,   until next Wed, and then going to son's house in GA.
    so do u need someone to liven things up....I can tell jokes if you like  :)Tongue out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You made me laugh, Ken.  It's funny, all you need to do is ask for something and you usually get it  - maybe not exactly what you had in mind, but you do get something.  How long will you be gone to your son's?  I have the feeling I'll be the only one hanging around these boards all this summer, with no getaway in sight for me.  I'm starting to feel sorry for myself already!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi mothermitzi

Sounds like a nice evening planned, as well as, a trip your father will enjoy.  I was only in San Francisco once, on a 2 day layover from Hawaii, but I loved it.  Have always wanted to go back, but I'm not a take charge person, need someone to lead me by the hand.  Had a call this afternoon from a nephew in Arizona who had been trying to get to Thailand for a few days, but ended up taking one flight after another (he flies standby), traveling 5 days in zigzag directions, only to be told he "couldn't get there from here", and ended up back home.  That sense of adventure sure didn't come from this side of the family.

A beautiful Jack-in-the-Pulpit has sprung up next to my pool - a surprise planting by my son, I'm sure.  When he was down last week-end he had even more surprise plant pots that he put here and there.  Said he had put in a lot of tulips in the Fall, but I only have 2 or 3 bunches of them.  The rest have had the tops bitten off, according to him.  A rabbit?  A deer?

Yesterday  I made big pot of chicken soup, but for the first time I can remember, I didn't like the taste of it.  I think I'll drain the liquid off and reconstruct the chicken and veggies with some rice for tonight's meal.  Corned beef dinner sounds ever so good.  Are you leaving work early to get it ready?

Well, seeing as your take off isn't until next week, we still have plenty of time to chat, and you'll be around to hear Pingo's adventures at her son's graduation.

Enjoy your evening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]You made me laugh, Ken.  It's funny, all you need to do is ask for something and you usually get it  - maybe not exactly what you had in mind, but you do get something.  How long will you be gone to your son's?  I have the feeling I'll be the only one hanging around these boards all this summer, with no getaway in sight for me.  I'm starting to feel sorry for myself already!

I'm here

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I'm here
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

You don't post, Icer.  I didn't even post about the hilarious RHofNYC this week, because I'm not sure if you read the boards daily, and you, mothermitzi and I are the only ones at all interested in the soaps/reality shows now that Princess is laid up.

Thanks for saying you're here, but I can't bump this board along alone, which is what I feel I do sometimes, to the point of getting tired of seeing my own posts! And if I'M tired of reading my own posts, Gawd knows there must a lot more out there who are too!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi tt

Not to worry - I'll try and keep you company.  I havent planted anything so far because my house is being painted and the places I usually put the pots is clobbered with ladders, drop cloths etc.  It has been a month already and only two sides have been done.  I am frustrated.

mothermizi your trip sounds wonderful.  I would love to plan a getaway.  My son has a timeshare and has mentioned many times that it is available whenever I decide to use it.

Ken,  a joke would be fabulous anytime.

Tonight is "Mother's Day" at my daughters.  Hope the rain holds off so we can do our surf and turf on the grill.

Enjoy the day

putt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

HANDS-DOWN WINNER OF THE IDIOT CORPORATION AWARD! AT&T fired President John Walter after nine months saying he lacked intellectual leadership. He received a $26 million severance package. (Let that be a lesson to him!)

I will be in GA from the 20th to the 27th, but should be able to get on line from there. My son is a comuter techy so I am pretty sure he can get me to BDC on my lap top.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CONSIDER A DEDICATED CROOK! A man walked into a Topeka, Kansas Kwik Shop and asked for all the money in the cash drawer. Apparently, the take was too small so he tied up the store clerk and worked the counter himself for three hours until police showed up and grabbed him. (Wonder if he paid himself time and 1/2 for the overtime?)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]NOW THIS IS WHAT I CONSIDER A DEDICATED CROOK! A man walked into a Topeka, Kansas Kwik Shop and asked for all the money in the cash drawer. Apparently, the take was too small so he tied up the store clerk and worked the counter himself for three hours until police showed up and grabbed him. (Wonder if he paid himself time and 1/2 for the overtime?)
    Posted by Ken1935[/QUOTE]

Along the same line -
    Reilly went on trial for armed robbery.
    The juryman came out and announced, "Not guilty".
    "That's grand," shouted Reilly.  "Does that mean I can keep the money?"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

Funny jokes and stories.  I can always use a laugh during the day.

Happy Friday.  The corned beef dinner went well.  I have a small piece left over for hash this weekend and a big bowl of cabbage, carrots and turnip.  The Irish bread and left over cake went out the door with my guests. That's enough of that until next St. Patrick's Day!  For me, corned beef is like turkey.  Once a year is really enough.  Took a container full to my father early this morning and took the opportunity to pick more lily-of-the-valley.  It won't last long, so I'll take advantage of it now.  The smell is divine. 

The farmer's market should be starting up next week.  Not a lot to choose from this early but I always buy some honey right off and there are a couple of cheese makers selling their wares.  I'll be buying plants for the cemetery this weekend.  Hard to believe Memorial Day is so close.  

TT, I love San Francisco, too. I usually stay around the city or head north to wine country.  This time, we're going south - only a couple of hours to Monterey, Carmel and Pebble Beach.  I think my father will enjoy that more than wine country.  Sometime, I'd like to drive up the Pacific coast through Oregon, Washington and up to Vancouver.  The scenery looks beautiful.  

I'll be at a graduation tomorrow.  Will probably be gone all day.  Sunday, I hope to walk and flower shop.  I have three episodes of Y&R I haven't had time to watch.  I'll catch up tonight.

mothermitzi  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Ken -

Sounds like a nice trip for you and your wife.  I hope you enjoy the time away. Are you walking during the day, or is it too hot now?  How is the swimming going?
    I need to get back walking on a regular basis. I've only been doing it sporadically. 

mothermitzi

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi putt -

Hope you have a nice belated Mother's Day.  Surf and turf on the grill sounds good to me!  Is your son's timeshare in one particular spot or do you have your choice of places?  My cousin is celebrating a milestone birthday next March and wants a group to go to Mexico. I'm all for it, especially after this past winter.  I know it's a long way off, but I'm looking forward to it already.  For years, I took a winter vacation, but I got away from it.  Next year, I won't care how bad it is as long as I know I'll be getting away from it.  I'm sure you felt the same way about your trips to Aruba.

mothermitzi 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Putt,

Having it take this long to get your house painted must be such a nuisance.  Can't you put a bug in his mother or father's ear?  I was going to say that's what you take a chance of running into when you have family do something, but then again, there is no guarantee hired outside painters would not be working 2 or 3 jobs at the same time and be doing it in the same piecemeal fashion.

Your son's suggestion of a getaway this summer with a friend might be just what the doctor ordered - for a few days at least.  A change of scenery does wonders for picking up our spirits - tho I do think you are doing remarkably well.

Right now it looks as tho the weather is going to be perfect for a Mother's Day cookout tonight.  Enjoy.  I've been sitting out back finishing up my library book.  Last night my fox came right down through my yard around 5'ish, so don't want to be out there and get surprised, or surprise him, tonight.  He/she is such a beauty, with a big bushy tail.

Never did concoct something out of the fillings of my chicken soup that I've separated, so will come up with something for part of it tonight, and freeze the rest.  Ever since Mothernmitzi mentioned corned beef, that's got my mouth watering.  Even a nice Reuben would suffice!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi mothermitzi

I am sure we will have fun tonight and my mouth is watering for some fish - think we are having haddock and scallops - for the ones that dislike fish there will be marinated steak tips.

My son's timeshare used to be Aruba only but now we have our choice. In fact, he just booked a week for a friend going to a wedding in Cancun.  Last month it was Las Vegas.  He even suggested this coming winter I go someplace warm for a couple of months.  Sounds wonderful at this point but I may try just one month to start.

Enjoy your weekend

putt

Sections
Shortcuts