May Weekday Chats`

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May Weekday Chats`

Good Sunday Morning,

It looks as tho it can't make its mind up whether it's going to be sunny or continue to shower.  Sky seems to be brightening.

Funny story about a new "song bird" I had heard early morning (4 a.m.ish) and periodically throughout the day yesterday.  When it woke me during the early morning, I laid there and thought, "Wow, I wonder what kind of a bird that is".  I found out during the day - but before I tell you - last night I got a call from a worried neighbor 3 houses down, about this strange noise.  She had walked out a bit trying to find it, thinking it might be an animal caught somewhere, and now she was concerned, wondering if it were something more dangerous, a ticking of some sort.  I couldn't help laughing, then told her how I had thought it was a bird new to the area.  Then I told her what it really was.  When my son was leaving and I walked them out, he said, "Boy, that guy should turn off his car alarm.  Listen to it, it's really dying down"!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Putt,

Glad to hear that at least the front of your house got painted.  I know that meant a lot to you for the raising of the new flag today.

I wouldn't be concerned about what your food preferences are right now.  You need to keep up your strength until your appetite returns, so I would say to you as the doctors said to my DIL, eat whatever you feel like.

My son did have an infection and so another minor procedure done, and he was put on pain pills and antibiotics. He felt so much better yesterday when I saw him.  Thanks for asking.

Sun is out here now, so it's not going to be a total washout as they predicted.  I'm feeling full of will power, so will whip up at least some tollouse cookies this morning and then box them and put them upstairs until it's time to go over tomorrow.  We'll see about the peanut butter ones later.

I know today and tomorrow will be difficult for you and your family.  I'm sure your many friends will hold you all in their thoughts, as will we.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning my friends,
    Nice Sunday morning to wake up to. I was up around 4-ish and it was thundering, lightning and raining heavily in our area. tt, I am surprised you did not mentioned that. Well, I guess we needed some rain - now everything look nice and fresh.
    Our lobster party went well last night. The lobsters were so sweet - delicious.
    We had one each and my two men shared one more tail, so I have plenty of leftover for rolls today. I paid $45 for them - can't beat that price for a full dinner and lunch and then some more. I am considering going back to get a couple more, take out the meat and freeze for later.
    Glad to hear tt, that your son is feeling better. No matter how small a procedure is, there is always a chance for infections. And sometimes, they can make more havoc than the procedure itself.
    Ken, it seems you really feasted after the graduation. But any graduation is always an accomplishment to be celebrated.
    Putt, I know it will be difficult for you today and tomorrow. But let the tears flow, if you must. That is part of the healing too. I am sure your children miss their Dad as much as you do, and it will be difficult for them too. But fortunately for you all, you are such a close family, that support each other. Enjoy your breakfast together today.
    Today will be a bit of shopping. We are giving our son a TV as a graduation present. He never had one and didn' t want one, while at school. Didn' t wanted the distraction. So, it is up to Costco later this afternoon to take a look. He can then buy it in Costco, PB.
    Hope you all will have a nice Sunday. - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi Ken tt and pingo

We hung the new flag this morning and then to IHOP for breakfast. I did not mention before but we also spread my husbands ashes in the ocean.  This being his birthday seemed like the perfect time and he did love the sea.  It worked out beautifully and the weather did cooperate.  It was thunder, lightening and rain just before we planned to go.

Ken, can you believe my nephew needs to have someone hold the ladder?  Maybe he has a fear of heights and wants someone around. If that be the case, he's in the wrong profession.  So happy the graduation went well.  Nothing like family, good food and beer.

tt I'm still laughing over the car alarm.  I'm cooking potatoes for tomorrow and then plan on making brownies. I'm really lazy - these are package Ghiradelli's with the frosting packet. 

pingo I'm so glad the lobsters were a hit.  We are doing scallops, swordfish and haddock again tomorrow - maybe the next time we'll try the lobster.  Price seems right.

I am humming along with Willie Nelson as I visit with you - my kids are going to see him and Dave Matthews next week. 

Thanks to all of you for being here for me at this time.  Enjoy your day tomorrow.

putt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

car alarm that sounds like a bird....oH MY I have much to learn about birds....or maybe car alarms maybe

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just took the last sheet of peanut butter cookies out of the oven, and only succombed to ONE.  Already boxed up the tollhouse cookies earlier, and had just one small semi-burnt (I told myself) one of those.  Tomorrow when they are all out with the rest of the spread, I'm sure it will be a different story.  Have some boiled eggs cooling to make deviled eggs in the morning to take also.  Both my son and DIL love those.  I can take them or leave them.

You got a lot done today, Putt.  My friend and her children scattered her husband's ashes in a certain part of the ocean too.  He also was a lover of the water.  I'm sure tomorrow will be difficult for all of you.  Incredible how time keeps going on and us with it.

The reason the car alarm sounded like a bird to me, Ken was because it was already dying down and sort of chirpy.  How it sounded like an explosive ticking to my neighbor, is just the way she heard it, I guess.  Anyway, it's died and gone.  Neighbors are away until tomorrow night, so glad it has run itself out.

Hope you had luck at Costco's with the TV, Pingo.  I had run over to St and Sh for some more brown sugar this morning, and the place was hopping.  Glad I'm done with the baking.  Saved a couple of the odd size peanut butter cookies to throw out for the squirrels when they've cooled.  I've a little chicken salad and cole slaw leftover from yesterday and will add both to a big salad for myself tonight.  Maybe a nice cold beer with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Good morning chatters. I see you are all sleeping in on this holiday. I was up by 7 and the wife and the 7 yr old were already up. Well I have had my coffee, and a muffin the Mrs. cooked, checked out the morning news on my Yahoo and my other regular sites.  Not sure what is in store here today because the weather looks kindof iffy. If things look better there might be a picnic....oh #3 son just got up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Ken

I'll bet none of the Chatter ladies are sleeping in - we're all up and at em, getting food ready for today.  I just finished deviling a dozen eggs.  My son called and is taking his wife's nephew to the golf range for a couple of hours, so people will be arriving at his house around 1:00.  It's a beautiful day here to enjoy his pool and backyard.  Me, I'll be in the shade and probably in and out of their house if the temps get too high.  Enjoy your day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Putt, what a special moment that must have been for your family - spreading your husbands ashes in the ocean. This is something, I always would like to have done too. When I am gone, I am gone. No need for my family to bother with a cemetery plot. I know this is not for everyone. Many people need that little piece of dirt to hang on to. Bless them!
    tt, your car alarm story is really funny. Guess your son' s younger ears hear better than ours. So " saved a couple of the odd size peanut butter cookies to throw out for the squirrels when they've cooled" --- tt, you really want us to believe that? If it is really true, I am proud of you.
    Ken, I hope you will have a nice picnic with your family. I am surprised about the weather there though. When we were in GA once - it was hot and so humid. No rain in sight. Just so you know, I wasn't sleeping in. Was up at 5:30. But no one was on the chat - so I went in my kitchen to bake muffins for my family too. Blueberry Muffins that is with real blueberries. My family is sleeping in though. They got to bed late.
    Following is something, I would love to have your opinion on.
    Last night a friend (not a very close friend, more like an acquaintance) of my husband's called around 8pm - a friend of his was visiting and  he wanted to come over to meet my husband. Mr. P told him, that we were just about to eat dinner and that he could come around 9:30. Well, they didn' t show up until 10:30. But not only that, our friend also brought his girlfriend AND her dog. She has the most annoying small yapping dog. (The dog is spoiled beyond spoiled. The dog will not walk on hardwood floors and tiles - only carpeting. So she carries him from place to place or put him on a small area rug and drag him around. He needs constant attention, and  has to be fed " treats" constantly  - or he will not stop yapping. Well just some background.)
    So, when I opened the door - I was just standing there in awe. I did not want the dog in my house. And I heard myself speaking, like it came from someone else. "Is it possible you can keep your dog in your car? I prefer not to have a dog in my house." Mr. P was next to me, but didn't say anything. The lady look at me in shock, hesitated for a few moments, then said," Oh, no problem. I should have asked first." Then put the dog back in the car.
    I do love animals. We used to have a dog some years ago, but I also have Asthma - and in this house, we never had a dog. No dog  has ever been inside. I just did not want his dander here.  Besides this particular dog would be such a nuisance, yapping away a storm. I still feel kind of bad. I never like to not make my guests feel at home. I just hope I did the right thing.
    Looks like the day is going to be beautiful. We will have a parade in our town, but we are not going to watch it. I am not fond of crowds. You all have a nice Memorial Day cook out, picnic - or whatever you are doing. Ours will be quiet. Son is packing his stuff for the movers to come.  At lunchtime, I will make a mini smorgas board and tonight I will cook duck, one of his favorites.  - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Pingo,

You had an honest reply to use for a dog appearing at your door, "I'm sorry, I have asthma and really can't have a dog in the house."  And yes, she should have asked first.  My granddaughter brought her "baby" to our Christmas gathering, but she did ask first - sort of - it was a "It's alright if I bring Dxxxx, isn't it?  He's very well behaved and I bring him everywhere."  The implication was clear - no dog - no granddaughter.  I will say in his behalf, he was adorable, didn't bother the cats, and I would have liked to have kept him myself.  I have no asthma, however.

Enjoy your day.  Must tug at your heartstrings to see your son getting stuff packed up.  I wouldn't want mine living with me forever, but the departure is still hard to get through.

BTW, those extra well done cookies, DID go out to the squirrels.  I really find I'm doing quite well with the sweets, with only a taste now and then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks tt, I guess I just wanted to hear some unbiased support.

QUOTE]Hi Pingo, You had an honest reply to use for a dog appearing at your door, "I'm sorry, I have asthma and really can't have a dog in the house."  And yes, she should have asked first.  My granddaughter brought her "baby" to our Christmas gathering, but she did ask first - sort of - it was a "It's alright if I bring Dxxxx, isn't it?  He's very well behaved and I bring him everywhere."  The implication was clear - no dog - no granddaughter.  I will say in his behalf, he was adorable, didn't bother the cats, and I would have liked to have kept him myself.  I have no asthma, however. Enjoy your day.  Must tug at your heartstrings to see your son getting stuff packed up.  I wouldn't want mine living with me forever, but the departure is still hard to get through. BTW, those extra well done cookies, DID go out to the squirrels.  I really find I'm doing quite well with the sweets, with only a taste now and then.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

BTW, holiday or not, it's my weigh-in day.  Down another pound, even with a couple of "discrepancies"!  I guess I've really made some headway in changing my overall eating diet and pattern, so that a "no no" now and then doesn't throw my weight total off.  Hooray for me! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MosesHandsworth. Show MosesHandsworth's posts

pingo:

You showed your guest no discourtesy by asking her to keep her dog out of your house. I applaud what you did actually. Anyone who thinks it's okay to bring a yappy little canine unannounced into someone else's home like your guest tried to do to you last night is hopelessly impolite and rude. Either that, or she is from another planet. Not earth

Bravo, pingo! You did the right thing!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

pingo: You showed your guest no discourtesy by asking her to keep her dog out of your house. I applaud what you did actually. Anyone who thinks it's okay to bring a yappy little canine unannounced into someone else's home like your guest tried to do to you last night is hopelessly impolite and rude. Either that, or she is from another planet. Not earth Bravo, pingo! You did the right thing!
    Posted by MosesHandsworth

Hey Mose,what u doin on CC? I am surprised the ladies let you.

Well no picnic.  cloudy all day and we are just getting our 2d shower. WE did take a 2 mile walk,  and then we washed my son's car, a perfect way to MAKE it rain.

AS for that cemetery stuff, well we don't really go in for that. I feel that when a person passes away, that grave plot is NOT where they are. As for me, I have chosen to be cremated and ashes disposed of. I will be with GOD, not in some spot on the ground. I know, some disagree with me, and I hope i don't ruffle any feathers. That's just me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ken, lots of people - including me - feel the way you do about "the cemetery stuff".
    Too bad your picnic cancelled out. But you still spent quality time with your son by helping him wash his car. I am sure he appreciated that more, than a picnic.

Hey Mose,what u doin on CC? I am surprised the ladies let you. Well no picnic.  cloudy all day and we are just getting our 2d shower. WE did take a 2 mile walk,  and then we washed my son's car, a perfect way to MAKE it rain. AS for that cemetery stuff, well we don't really go in for that. I feel that when a person passes away, that grave plot is NOT where they are. As for me, I have chosen to be cremated and ashes disposed of. I will be with GOD, not in some spot on the ground. I know, some disagree with me, and I hope i don't ruffle any feathers. That's just me.
    Posted by Ken1935

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm home.  Did real good until "the good stuff" (as they called it) was brought out - some Italian pastry they call elephant ears - OMG - are they good.  Puffy pastry filled with some kind of cream, a meal in itself.  It was a wonderful day by the pool, in and out of the sun, and just relaxing, meeting a new aunt/uncle of my DIL's that I don't remember meeting before.  Pleasant, light conversation for the afternoon.  My cookies went over good, with the aunt taking some of each home.  But, deviled eggs are not a favorite of that side, I guess.  They politely tried one, but they weren't devoured as soon as the cover came off as they are with one of my other DIL's relatives! I'll have to remember next get together, probably the 4th.

As for the cemetery - I don't believe my mother or father are actually there, but it's just comforting to me to have a special quiet spot to go to and talk to them, especially around Memorial Day when I plant their favorite flowers there.  When the time comes, I'll be buried in the same plot, thanks to the foresight of my mother when my father died while I was in my teens.  It's a beautiful shaded area.

No supper for me tonight, maybe just a small salad and a cuppa.  Hope you all had a nice family filled day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hey Mose,what u doin on CC? I am surprised the ladies let you. Well no picnic.  cloudy all day and we are just getting our 2d shower. WE did take a 2 mile walk,  and then we washed my son's car, a perfect way to MAKE it rain. AS for that cemetery stuff, well we don't really go in for that. I feel that when a person passes away, that grave plot is NOT where they are. As for me, I have chosen to be cremated and ashes disposed of. I will be with GOD, not in some spot on the ground. I know, some disagree with me, and I hope i don't ruffle any feathers. That's just me.
    Posted by Ken1935

Hello Ken..I am glad you are having a nice time with your faamily

Btw...I believe we have all put your buddy on the ignore llist. This mean the only time we see his remarks are when you put them on your post

Just a FYIEmbarassed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Icer
    Thanks for the info on the ignore list. I didn't know that you all had "done him in".

Another avatar?   So what now, do we change avatars as the weather changes?
    LOL   hee hee (I wanted to put in a smiley but I couldn't get them to come up)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just thinking - -
    Saw a lot of dragonflies in my son's yard yesterday, I suppose because of the water, but I can't remember the last time I saw a grasshopper.  Used to catch them in a jar and watch them make "molasses", as we called it, before we let them go again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Icer Thanks for the info on the ignore list. I didn't know that you all had "done him in". Another avatar?   So what now, do we change avatars as the weather changes? LOL   hee hee (I wanted to put in a smiley but I couldn't get them to come up)
    Posted by Ken1935

Yes Ken I like to change my avatar a lot. Attention deficit I guess

No worries about the smilies..they can be overusedTongue outEmbarassedLaughingKiss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning Icer,
    I kind of agree with Ken, that it is a bit confusing for us, when you keep changing your avatar. I always thought, that an avatar was kind of ones "mark" - so one one could easily see, with whom one was dealing.
    Of course you have the right to do, whatever you want - and so far I loved all of them except for the "sink one". My favorite was your Baby though.
    Please don' t be offended - just my two cents.
    Have a nice day - Pingo

Yes Ken I like to change my avatar a lot. Attention deficit I guess No worries about the smilies..they can be overused
    Posted by icer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Good morning pingo

We spread my husbands ashes on Sunday and would not have done it any differently.  We all felt so peaceful and knew we did the right thing.  Yesterday we gathered at the memorial service and heard his name called.   It was a very draining weekend but I am so happy everthing worked out so beautifully.

I am giving you a standing ovation for not allowing that dog in your house!  Good for you - once you stand up for yourself it gets easier the next time.

I am off to walk my son's dog.  Hoping when I return my "painter man" will have showed up. 

Enjoy the day.

putt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

I like icer's idea on avatars, but still like ME

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi Ken

Are these real pictures of you?  The other one reminded me so much of the boy in Our Gang Comedy, Alfalfa.

putt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hi Ken Are these real pictures of you?  The other one reminded me so much of the boy in Our Gang Comedy, Alfalfa. putt
    Posted by putt1

Yes, a bit like Alfalfa, but more handsome... for sure!

Sections
Shortcuts