ME

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

ME

Thanks for the help, cause as you see, I found it OK.

thought you might like to know a bit who u are chatting with

i am retired. 73

My hobbies...genealogy (old new england family)

stamps got about 14,000 and growing

love to swim and walk/run

my grandson taught me to play Runescape, and on-line adventure game.

love classical music

active in my Baptist church....choir tenor

Well that's he old man u been chatting at

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

ME

Nice to meet you, Ken.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

ME

Hi Ken

Nice getting to know you - I am also retired and just a very few years younger but you know how women are - never tell their age.

I love to read, do word search puzzles, take walks, water aerobics, and weight training class. I have a wonderful group of friends and we get together often. Tonight my hubby and I are playing cards with old friends we have known since high school. In the dreary days of winter, I look forward to watching Family Feud in the afternoon. I have three great kids and two grandchildren that honestly light up my life. We have traveled throughout the US due to my husband's military career and I am very content to stay put with the exception of our Aruba vacation once a year. I rarely cook from scratch anymore and enjoy playing Freecell on the computer.

Not that exciting but I am a very happy person.

Nice to know you ken1935

putt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

ME

Hi Ken -

I will not give my age away either but I am not retired, although this winter it seems like a good idea! I am a native of Massachusetts and grew up not far from you. I've always lived in the Boston area. I think of Maine as a second home. My family is close knit and local for the most part. I have a large extended family that I keep in touch with, too. I was not blessed with a singing voice but I am interested in music, especially classical and opera. I take advantage of local university symphonies like BU, NE Conservatory and Harvard. The concerts used to be free but now they charge a nominal fee. However, they are surprisingly good, and I go when I can. If I ever hit the lottery, I will treat myself to a subscription at the BSO, but that hasn't happened yet. Used to go to the Boston Opera Co. when Sarah Caldwell was around - fantastic productions. Now I go to the Lyric once in a while or to one of Emerson College's productions. I think it's great that you sing in your church choir. I don't see a lot of men singing in the choir when I happen to be in church. I bet you are appreciated! One of my passions is baking but my meanie doctor put me on a diet, so I'm not in the kitchen as much now. I miss it. In the good weather I walk around the Charles - Memorial Drive side and the Esplanade. Needless to say, I haven't done that this month.

mothermitzi

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

ME

Glad you found the Start a new Discussion box, Ken.

I'm the mother of four sons, a grandma and now a great grandma. Love those roles, and am enjoying them even more now that I'm retired. I'm fortunate in that my sons and their families all live in MA.

I live a simple life, with few needs or wants. I could have been born a century ago and would have been just as content. I love animals and have always had some since I was a child. Reading, cooking, knitting, crafts, playing mahjong and alchemy on the computer, are all things I enjoy doing. Volunteering at our local library is a joy for me. Writing poems for family and friends is something I have dabbled in for many years and recipients at showers, births and birthdays seem to enjoy them. My sons and I send them back and forth to each other. They are much more clever than I.

I've traveled where I wanted to get to. Hawaii, Ireland, Bermuda, San Francisco, and Niagara Falls were my desires, and I've been to all. So, as I said, I'm a person of simple needs and desires.

I guess I would want my tombstone to read: She was first and foremost a mother, grandmother, and a loyal friend.

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

ME

Great thread!
    Well, I am 37 years old and have been married for 11 years. I don't have any children, but love my nieces & nephews "to pieces." I enjoy my dogs, any tech gadgets, doing cryptoquotes, and my guily pleasure is NASCAR!

Nice to learn more about you all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

ME

MM
    THANKs so much for the nice reply. I still have 2 sons in MA, one in Groton and the other just bought a home in Wilmington. He was living in a condo on Salisbury Beach. i LOVE classical music. When the Boston Pops came out here We went to hear their Christmas Concert. When we lived in Gary, IN we were sponsors of the Gary Symphony and got to meet Roberta Peters. My all time favorite piece of music is Handel's "Messiah". As for exercise, I realize how hard it is to get out and walk or run in this weather you are having. I did when I lived there, but i was a bit younger then. Today it wwas 74 here so i did a 10-miler, run-walk, run-walk, alternating each mile...Just under 2 hours. it was gorgeous outside.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

ME

TT
    Thanks so much for the nice reply. So you are a Great GM,, that's got me beat. My oldest grandaughter just got engaged.
    A few years back I was writing alot of poems, over 100. I used them as a way of dealing wiih some terrible emotions i was dealing with. it worked. i could express myseslf if poetry much better than in voice or prose.
    When u went to Niagra i hope you walked under Angel Falls and took the Maid of the Mist.
    That is a nice thought for a tomb stone. Should i order it now a wait a bit?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

ME

Princess Cal, the youngster in the crowd. NASCAR oh yes, wife and i watch every race. GO JR> she likes KylE Busch.

And isn't it about time you got some kids of your own. GEEZ

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

ME

I have a funny story about riding on the Maid of the Mist -
    Actually it wasn't all that many years ago that I went, and I noticed people on the boat looking at me smiling. Being a woman, I thought, "Oh, they must be thinking, 'She's attractive for an older woman'"! It wasn't until we got our pictures back that I realized why they were smiling - The water had kicked up green foam that covered my eye brows and eye lashes!

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

ME

tt, this is too funny ---- beauty queen! - Pingo

[Quote]I have a funny story about riding on the Maid of the Mist -
    Actually it wasn't all that many years ago that I went, and I noticed people on the boat looking at me smiling. Being a woman, I thought, "Oh, they must be thinking, 'She's attractive for an older woman'"! It wasn't until we got our pictures back that I realized why they were smiling - The water had kicked up green foam that covered my eye brows and eye lashes!

tt[/Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

ME

Ok Ken, you made me do it - telling about myself. I am close in age to several of you, but like the other ladies I am not telling.
    I grew up far away from here - in a country, where the winter days are long and the summer nights very, very short - but have considered this country my residence since 1966. I was only to stay here for 1 year -- had a very close knit family at home. But I met my husband 3 weeks after I arrived - and the rest is history. He is not from here either, but we are both now American citizens and call this country our home. We have been married foe 40 years and had two weddings - one in my home country, one in his home country.
    We have two sons. One married, living in Texas, one is in Japan right now finishing his PhD. He will graduate in May and hopefully move closer to home.
    We own our own businesses and as such no retirement is in the future right now. I am lucky that Ihave no set hours and can work whenever I feel like it, as long as I do what is expected from me. But that also means sometimes long hours and Saturday and Sunday, if needed. Like today, we have to go to the Cape to meet w/ a new client (but we will be back home in time to root for the Cardinals, don't worry Ken).
    I love classical music and opera. I also paint (watercolor) and design and sew some of my own clothes. I also make everything (like curtains and drapes) for our home. All this is mental therapy for me. I knit, while watching TV. I really do not watch much TV. I feel is such a waste of time for me. I love to cook and experiment with new recipes - we eat most of our meals at home.
    And then I enjoy the Chat. I love all my Chat friends. - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

ME

Good morning ladies....it/s Sunday and my wife has made me cran -orange muffins.

I agree, green eyelashes is something to stare at...hee hee

pingo...thanks so much for your story. you seem more like a real person to me now, more than a name on the ccmputer screen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

ME

Good morning chat friends

Just a note to let you know I am having computer problems and may not be "chatting" for awhile. Hopefully it will not be long.

Go Cardinals

putt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

ME

"Good morning chat friends

Just a note to let you know I am having computer problems and may not be "chatting" for awhile. Hopefully it will not be long.

Go Cardinals

putt "

These darn computers. They're wonderful when they're working, but then we're lost without them when they fail. Hopefully yours won't be down for long.

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

ME

It was interesting to read the self descriptive posts, but also, pointed out the special kind of friendship we have developed here, in some cases, without having much in common should we meet in "real life". I'm obviously speaking for myself - my interests don't seem to gel with others who I enjoy "chatting" with. Interesting.

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

ME

tt,
    I do not agree with you. I think some of us has a lot in common with you. Of course I can only speak for myself.
    You and I both have sons, we like to do crafts and work with our hands. We practically shop in the same stores and I am sure my cart must have been in your way several times. We both love birds - only difference is you feed yours - I don't have to, because the birds in my yard have plenty of natural food. We both like to bake and cook and we love to take a shopping trip to Maine and get lobster rolls from you know where. Do I need to go on?
    But the most common thing is, that we enjoy each other here on the chat. I tell you tt, when you were on your "hiatus" for what ever reason, which I truly respected - you were so missed. That should tell you something.
    And you know something - I miss your poems. Indeed I do.
    I have told you several times before and I will repeat it again that you are so absolutely the "grand old lady" of the Chat.
    Love, Pingo

[Quote]It was interesting to read the self descriptive posts, but also, pointed out the special kind of friendship we have developed here, in some cases, without having much in common should we meet in "real life". I'm obviously speaking for myself - my interests don't seem to gel with others who I enjoy "chatting" with. Interesting.

tt[/Quote]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

ME

What a lovely post, Pingo. Thank you for pointing out the things we DO have in common. I know I enjoy chatting with the friends I have made here in C.C., just reading some of the posts, I guess, some of you seemed so much more accomplished than I. As I said once before to MM, reminds me of the story, "Country Mouse and City Mouse." BUT, there's nothing wrong with that. We all have our contributions we make in this life, and the world would be a different place without any one of us.

Thanks again, from the Bette Davis with the purple rimmed glasses hiding the green foam eyebrows and eyelashes!

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

ME

Hi tt -

Got home late tonight and just sat down to read today's posts. I was remembering back when I first started posting here and I'm sure the topic was food. Cooking was the first bond between all of us really, and it just grew from there. You and I have very similar backgrounds where cooking and eating are concerned. One time you commented that we must have grown up in the same house! And then there is our love of lobster and all things Irish. Need I go on? I feel that I have something in common with all of you right down to Ken and our mutual love for the old Buttrick's Ice Cream! Speaking for myself, I don't give any of our so called accomplishments a thought. We are all equal here and have something to contribute. I enjoy the back and forth and camaraderie on this board. It's enough to keep me coming back!

More snow tomorrow - yuk.

mothermitzi

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

ME

The funny thing is, I don't cook very much but I do love to cook. Unfortunately my husband is too much of a picky eater to try anything different.

Anyway, it's been such a wonderful experience the way you all accepted me, even though I may not have the same interests. I do love to read your stories, memories, and notes. I find it very inspirational.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

ME

Good morning all, talk about being different....well I don't see many men here, do you?

TT I am not the country mouse nor the city mouse,. I am the desert mouse.

MM Buttricks's mm....too bad they are not around anymore. Brighams isn'tbad eithr, but alas they have none here, only Coldstone Creamery.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

ME

"TT I am not the country mouse nor the city mouse,. I am the desert mouse."

Ah, there's a sequel to the Country Mouse and the City Mouse. Don't know if you ever read that story to your kids, Ken, but now the Country Mouse and the City Mouse could go visit their cousin, the Desert Mouse! Are you a story writer? There's your next project. You've lived in both sections of the States, so there wouldn't be much research needed. What do you think? When it's published you could send us all autographed copies! Of course, I would want one of the lead characters, the Country Mouse, fashioned after me!

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shetaz0028. Show shetaz0028's posts

ME

I'd like to stop being a voyer too. I've been reading posts here for some time but, have not said much. But, the comment about the desert mouse just got me giggling. So, here we go.

I am 40 (pretty darn proud of it too). I was born in Boulder Colorado (before Mork and Mindy landed) and raised in Chandler Arizona. I have spent the last 20 years following my Marine hubby around the world and loving every moment of it. Though I was a single parent for the most part and did not sleep from fear of where my hubby was I would not change a thing.

Hubby and I were high school sweethearts and married at 19. We have two beautiful daughters. The oldest just turned 20 and the youngest just turned 18. It's time to let them make their own decisions now and let them fall. It's just hard as all get out.

I am not only blessed with a great family and wonderful friends but, I am blessed to have a job that I just adore. A boss that I like and respect and he feels the same about me. It just makes all the difference in the world.

On my off time I love to read. As a matter of fact I just finished one of my favorite books "Archangel" for I think the 10th time. I start all kinds of craft projects but, rarely finish them as something always seems to come up and they get forgotten about.

Well, that's me in a nut shell. :o)

Have a great day,
    Charlie

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

ME

Hi Shetaz, your post just now came up. Welcome to C.C. I'm sure you, Ken and Circles will have notes to compare on that part of the country.

Hope to see more postings from you.

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

ME

I am not really the one to welcome Shetaz since i am kind of new here too, but still....welcome. So, Chandler, AZ huh....ever hear of Awhatukee Foothills? I'm there.

TT I am not a story writer, but that does sound like an interesting plot. The only writing I did was awhile back here there was a thread that was a continuous story, each poster adding his own thoughts. At times it was rude, at times funny and other times just pure nonsense.

Sections
Shortcuts