Merry Christmas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Pingo - I am sure you are enjoying having your family together, that's what it's all about!

Unfortunately, I do have to work (even up until 3pm on Christmas Eve)! However, I have found the time to make sure we do have some time together. I have invited the in-laws over for a very casual dinner tomorrow night. I am also making a nice breakfast for my husband and MIL on Christmas morning.

Looking forward to a Happy & healthy 2009 for all of you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Merry Christmas

Marry Christmas to you too, Princess Cal. Sorry that you have to work. My DH lucked out and has Christmas off this year. He was on duty last year.

And can I just also add how refreshing to see someone actually say "Merry Christmas" rather than "Happy Holidays" too. :-) Have a great weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Merry Christmas

Oh yes, Merry and Blessed Christmas...

Years ago, I owned a convenience store, and we had to be open Christmas, no fun....but for about 4 years of it, i a had a Jewish fellow working for me, and he volunteered to work that day. But Christmas eve, we were open until 1` a.m.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Merry Christmas

[Quote]Oh yes, Merry and Blessed Christmas...

Years ago, I owned a convenience store, and we had to be open Christmas, no fun....but for about 4 years of it, i a had a Jewish fellow working for me, and he volunteered to work that day. But Christmas eve, we were open until 1` a.m.[/Quote]

Same to you Ken. At least I don't have to work on Christmas!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Merry Christmas

Yes indeed, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Thanks for your good wishes princess. Yes, both boys are now at home - just waiting for our DIL, who will be flying late tonight.
    Sorry to hear you have to work. We are working too at our office tomorrow, but letting everyone go home at lunchtime. Then we are closed Friday after Christmas - so everyone will have a nice long Christmas.

Agree Alf, all this Happy Holiday, Holiday Tree, Holiday Music, Holiday Parties - has just gone too far. For what? Christmas is Christmas, there is not much one can change about that. Have you ever heard of a Holiday candle holder (the Menohra)? Me neither. I have friends from several other faiths than my own, and I have no problem wishing them happy whatever holiday they observe. Why have people become so sensitive these days?

Well, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, dearest Chatters.

Pingo, I am glad your sons arrived safe and sound.

princess-cal - I wait until 12/24 to start my Christmas shopping! Aargh, I have shopping! (Except for cute shoes.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Merry Christmas

Hi Everybody -

I think the most ridiculous expression was when the City of Boston called the tree on the Common a holiday tree. No, my friends, it is a CHRISTMAS TREE!
    Wonder if they're still doing that.

My dear boss told me to stay home yesterday and today. I was off tomorrow and Friday anyway. Thank goodness! My neighbors shoveled me out twice and have been feeding me in style. Last night, my neighbor across the street sent me potato latkes and homemade apple sauce, along with a big piece of sour cream coffee cake. I will have a lot of paybacks coming up.

Stay safe and warm everybody and enjoy the next few days. Hope Santa is good to everybody!

mothermitzi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas All -
    Best wishes for a safe, happy, healthy and Prosperous 2009

Love,
    LeasyII

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Merry Christmas

Good morning all my chat friends,
    Christmas is over- hope you all had a good one filled with joy and peace. We had a wonderful time Christmas eve - just the 5 of us. Enjoyed so to be with our little family.
    Christmas day Mr. Pingo's family came over. Of course we had our traditional Æbleskiver and Gløg to start the afternoon. My tomato bisque went over big time. Everyone loved it. Served it in cups, while I was carving the roast and busy in the kitcken. A great way to keep your guest occupied, while you are busy with the last minutes meal fixings. Soup will definitely be on the menu again.
    Yesterday Mr. Pingo and I went to the mall. He needed a new battery for his watch. We haven't seen this many people in the mall in the days up to Christmas. It was totally packed. But I heard people complain, that there were really not any sales.
    This afternoon will be a Pats afternoon. Have made a few goodies to enjoy while watching the game. Then we will have my smorgas board after the game, something the boys always are looking forward to.
    You all have a nice sunday. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the Pats. It is a big game for them. - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Merry Christmas

[Quote]Good morning and happy Sunday to all board friends:

So happy to hear you had a wonderful holiday pingo - families are so special and if you are fortunate to be together that's even better.
    We had a wonderful open house Christmas eve[/Quote]

I agree, Putt, being with family is nice for the holidays. That is one thing i miss out here in AZ, I got 2 sons in MA, one in GA (with 4 grand daughters), but thankfully one here near me. I do miss the old days when there was lots of family around. But still, I got 2 grandsons out here to make my days cheery.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Merry Christmas

Happy Sunday morning to all my chat friends:

I am having a little trouble with my computer this morning so if my message is a repeat I do apologize.

Pingo, I am so happy you had such a fun time with your family - that's what it's all about.

We had a wonderful Christmas eve with family and friends. Everyone brings a goodie of some kind, dresses up in the Christmas spirit, and has a lot of fun. Christmas day was our fondue and gift swap with just the kids. We loved it and hope during the bleak winter months we can do it again.

Hubby and I are off to Aruba but I want to wish my friends a happy, healthy 2009 and hope to continue chatting in the new year.

putt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Merry Christmas

Putt,
    Have a wonderful trip to Aruba. We have a friend, who spend most of the winter there. We have been invited several times to come for a visit, but have not been able to make it so far. Please bring some warm weather home with you, will you?
    Thought you would be here for New Years. I got my fondue pot for Christmas - so we will be fondueing here New Year's eve. Looking forward to it. We used to do it a lot for entertaining in the 70tieth - but then it went wayside. I guess because the children came along and hot oil and children do not mix very well. I bought an entire tenderloin to cook for Christmas day, but it was much to large - so I cut off 1/3 and saved it for our fondue.
    I am in the process of making "stuff" for my smorgas board. Will have that after the Pat's game. We will have about 20 differnt things after I am done. It is a lot of work, so I don't do it very often, but the boys are always looking forward to it and it is a nice thing to sit and reminiscence over on a day like this with the entire family together. Starting with different marinated herrings, some small hot dishes and some cold ones. Then finish off with several cheeses. And of course akvavite and good beer. Yeah!
    Better go and finish up, so I can watch the Pats uninterupted.
    Happy Sunday - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abet6d. Show abet6d's posts

Merry Christmas

Happy New Year everyone. I wish next year we will love each other like those cat and dog.
    http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668?v=3805344&l=3774740

Globalization 101

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Merry Christmas

Hi Everybody -

Sounds like everybody had a nice Christmas. Mine was lovely. The highlight was Christmas Eve with the family at my father's. I managed to stay up, and Dad and I went to midnight mass - something we've done for years now. Wasn't sure if I'd be able to this year. Christmas Day it was just the two of us, and we went to my cousin's house. My cousin's husband made beef wellington, and it was delicious. Two very busy and beautiful days. I thank my lucky stars.

Putt, have a fabulous time in Aruba. Nothing like a vacation in a warm spot to chase away the winter doldrums. Hope your travel back and forth is hassle free. Have a couple of margaritas for me! How about those Pats today? Hopefully, the appropriate teams will lose and we'll have a playoff slot or wild card. Talk to you when you get back.

Pingo, you are a busy bee but a happy one I bet. You have your family under the same roof and you are feeding them their favorite treats. Doesn't get any better than that! The thought of a smorgasbord has me drooling. My mother's grandmother was Swedish and she lived with us when I was young. She passed along her recipes to my grandmother and mother, and I have some. I still make her meatballs in bouillon. Whenever we got together with that side of the family, there was a smorgasbord. Christmas Eve, we had fruit soup and lutefisk. And of course akvavite. There used to be a Swedish bakery in Hartford called Viking. My mother used to buy their limpa and a coffee roll called ringa and another sweet coffee ring called flata? I'm sure I'm butchering the spelling. I loved having a thick slab of limpa, slathered in butter and dunked in coffee! Recently, someone told me of a Swedish bakery in Worcester. The last one I knew of in this area was Swanson's in Arlington - long since closed.

I'm going back to the doctor Tuesday and have taken this week off, too. I still don't feel quite myself and need to find out the reason. Never dreamed this procedure would be so problematic. In the meantime, I have a couple of good books and lots of leftovers. Talk to you soon.

mothermitzi

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLIPPERY-EEL. Show SLIPPERY-EEL's posts

Merry Christmas

wow! I can't believe there are two other Swedes in tis forum!

A belated God Jul!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Merry Christmas

[Quote]wow! I can't believe there are two other Swedes in tis forum!

A belated God Jul![/Quote]

God Jul to you, too. I don't speak Swedish at all. My great-grandmother knew some words but spoke English. The only words I know are from my grandmother's trivets!

God Jul - Tack Sa Mycket - Varsagod. thank you, you're welcome, etc...

Do you know of any Swedish bakeries in the Boston area?

mothermitzi

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Merry Christmas

Hi slip, I am not Swedish - but close. God Jul og Godt Nytår to you too.

[Quote]wow! I can't believe there are two other Swedes in tis forum!

A belated God Jul![/Quote]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Merry Christmas

Good morning mothermitzy,
    I am so sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. Will think of you tomorrow and pray thet the good doc can fix, what is bothering you. In the mean time take good care of yourself - we need your good spirit here in the boards.
    - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Merry Christmas

Hey Eel, my wife is part Swede. grandmother was born there, Magnuson.

And a bon anee to all und guten neu jahr

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Merry Christmas

[Quote]Good morning mothermitzy,
    I am so sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. Will think of you tomorrow and pray thet the good doc can fix, what is bothering you. In the mean time take good care of yourself - we need your good spirit here in the boards.
    - Pingo[/Quote]

Thanks for your good wishes pingo. Did your brood decide to stay through New Year's?

mothermitzi

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Merry Christmas

I wish I were Swedish.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Merry Christmas

Oh yes mothermitzy, they are still all here. I got a new fondue pot for Christmas, so we are copying putt and doing fondue. And am I glad - listening to the weather reports. Snow, snow and more snow. All set for staying at home.
    Hope you are doing better - and have someone doing the entertaining for you on New Year's eve.
    Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year - and thanks for all the good wishes you sent my way during the year that passed. You are a true friend - Pingo

[Quote]

Thanks for your good wishes pingo. Did your brood decide to stay through New Year's?

mothermitzi[/Quote]

Sections
Shortcuts