Money Saving Tip!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Money Saving Tip!

I just hated it, when I could not get the last 1.5 oz out of my $18.00 - 4 oz pump moisturizer. I once weighed the new container and then again after it was "empty" - and yes indeed there were 1.5 oz left. That meant, I actually paid $24.75 instead of $18.00 for the product. Argh!
    The same goes for lotions and other likewise products. I will start using the newly bought product, then after a while turn the old container upside down to let the content slide into the new container. It was messy and cumbersome and didn't work very well.
    I just discovered, if I heat the old container for about 10 - 15 seconds in the microwave (I am sure one could heat it up in a pot of boiling water as well) the stuff gets liquidly enough to just pour easily into the new container.
    Maybe this is an old trick - I just didn't know about it. But these days - every penny saved is worth it. Just thought I would pass on my "new discovery".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: Money Saving Tip!

In Response to Money Saving Tip!:
    [QUOTE]That meant, I actually paid $24.75 instead of $18.00 for the product. Argh!
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

No, pingo

You didnt "actually" pay $24.75 for the product. You paid exactly 18 dollars and not a penny more. Eighteen bucks is price of the moisturizer, and that's how much money you handed over to the cashier when you made your purchase. Not $24.75

However, if you were only using 2.5 ounces of the moisturizer, that means you were in essence paying $7.20 per ounce (18 divided by 2.5), instead of $4.50 per ounce (18 divided by 4) if you had used the whole bottle

Understand? Good. Let that be a lesson to you...

Happy moisturizing:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Money Saving Tip!

For once I agree with you Ache. But we are both mistaken. I did a miscalculation and you didn't catch it (hehe!). I should have worded it "the cost of the product is $28.80 - not $18.00".
    But whatever price, that was not what my post was all about - so it really didn't matter. It was about to get to use the last few drops of an expensive product.