Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Money Saving Tip!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Money Saving Tip!

I just hated it, when I could not get the last 1.5 oz out of my $18.00 - 4 oz pump moisturizer. I once weighed the new container and then again after it was "empty" - and yes indeed there were 1.5 oz left. That meant, I actually paid $24.75 instead of $18.00 for the product. Argh!
    The same goes for lotions and other likewise products. I will start using the newly bought product, then after a while turn the old container upside down to let the content slide into the new container. It was messy and cumbersome and didn't work very well.
    I just discovered, if I heat the old container for about 10 - 15 seconds in the microwave (I am sure one could heat it up in a pot of boiling water as well) the stuff gets liquidly enough to just pour easily into the new container.
    Maybe this is an old trick - I just didn't know about it. But these days - every penny saved is worth it. Just thought I would pass on my "new discovery".

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Money Saving Tip!

For once I agree with you Ache. But we are both mistaken. I did a miscalculation and you didn't catch it (hehe!). I should have worded it "the cost of the product is $28.80 - not $18.00".
    But whatever price, that was not what my post was all about - so it really didn't matter. It was about to get to use the last few drops of an expensive product. 

Sections
Shortcuts