Need help..bathroom flooring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Need help..bathroom flooring

Hello all my Chatter friends. As many of you know, Honey and I have been putting on a handicap bathroom in anticipation for someday Mom coming to live with us.

As we look into what the alternatives would be, it is just plain smart to be prepared.

Anyway..we are on a tight budget, but the walls have been sheetrocked and will probably be plastered soo...crossing fingers. We will be putting down a Pergo in the hallways.

We found some black granite tile that we were going to use because we could get it on the cheap, but after thinking about it. It would be lovely I am sure, but we think it might be slippery with the mist from a shower .

I don't know so I put it to my experts.
    tyia

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Need help..bathroom flooring

If you're buying from a regular tile place, Icer, they can tell you which products are slippery.  When I had my bathroom redone I was afraid of using a slippery tile on the floor.  With the help of the salesman, I was directed to ones that weren't so apt to get slippery when wet.  If you are picking the tile up somewhere else, could you google the manufacturer/style and see what info you could get?  If not, better to be safe than sorry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Good one TT!....Honey is not computer saavy so he relies on me....I , in return ..rely on all of you

He is very saavy in the ways of brick and mortor, and what he refers to as "McGivering" What he is doing is going around to various tile ect places and asking if they have any inventory that perhaps was ordered for a project that for whatever reason...was not picked up. He gets this stuff for much less $

But I can figure on the computer the googling. We need durability to accomadate her walker and most importantly,traction.

Funny side story here...about our cat..Her name is Baby...this name was given to her by the shelter care givers...She is quite timid

I think you can see where a few guys running around her home would put her in a tail spin.

She went and hid behind the new shower....Well, she almost got sheetrocked in the wall....Honey left out one panel, so she could get out.

What we do for our cats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello Icer ---- please don't!!!!
    We have black granite tiles in our entrance hall and in our guest bathroom. They look georgeous - but the are dangerous, when getting wet.
    Whenever we have company coming and it is drizzeling just a bit, we roll out those large rubber mats, which I hate. That was not what I had in mind, when we installed them.
    My brother in law slipped on the guest bathroom floor once. And he is a very able person. (But he is also an idiot to not step on the carpeting, I have laid out.)
    No matter how cheaply you can get those tiles, I would not use them for your mother, or any other person, that have a hard time to get around.
    Sorry to disappoint you. But that is my honest opinion. Love, Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thank you Pingo...I am VERY glad to have your input...I jjust let Honey read your post.....I guess we dodged a bullet there.

I bet they look smaashing but smashing is not what we are looking for...Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Funny side story here...about our cat..Her name is Baby...this name was given to her by the shelter care givers...She is quite timid

I think you can see where a few guys running around her home would put her in a tail spin.

She went and hid behind the new shower....Well, she almost got sheetrocked in the wall....Honey left out one panel, so she could get out."

When I read that, I thought of Cheerio who has almost gotten forgotten in a closet several times.  I keep my ironing board in the toy room closet and used to leave the door ajar for Charlie to go in and curl up on some old chair cushions in there.  After he left (sigh), being the neat freak I am, I went back to making sure the door was closed after using the ironing board, so the room would look tidy. A couple of times I couldn't find Cheerio and finally thought to look in there.  She was sound asleep on the cushions, oblivious to the fact she couldn't have gotten out if she wanted to.  Now it's always left ajar and I have stuck a little note on the door reminding anyone who may be watching her anytime I'm away, "Leave open. Cat sleeps in here."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

"Funny side story here...about our cat..Her name is Baby...this name was given to her by the shelter care givers...She is quite timid I think you can see where a few guys running around her home would put her in a tail spin. She went and hid behind the new shower....Well, she almost got sheetrocked in the wall....Honey left out one panel, so she could get out." When I read that, I thought of Cheerio who has almost gotten forgotten in a closet several times.  I keep my ironing board in the toy room closet and used to leave the door ajar for Charlie to go in and curl up on some old chair cushions in there.  After he left (sigh), being the neat freak I am, I went back to making sure the door was closed after using the ironing board, so the room would look tidy. A couple of times I couldn't find Cheerio and finally thought to look in there.  She was sound asleep on the cushions, oblivious to the fact she couldn't have gotten out if she wanted to.  Now it's always left ajar and I have stuck a little note on the door reminding anyone who may be watching her anytime I'm away, "Leave open. Cat sleeps in here."
    Posted by toytrumpet

Ahh yes the things we do for our loved ones

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What a cute story tt.
    I know this is not a cat thread, but I want to tell you my son's cat story. He and his wife bought a new "bed" for Babu. A nice comfy one. He loves it. But he doesn't want to lay ON it, he hides underneath it.
    One evening, when they just had bought the bed and were ready to leave for a concert, they couldn't find Babu. They got frantic looking every where - missing the concert they had tickets for.
    Babu is an indoor cat, but they thought, he could have slipped out the door in an unattended second.
    While they were printing out fliers to post, my son suddently saw a pair of green eyes sticking out underneath the bed. No need to say more, everyone happy.
    Well, Babu still loves his hiding place, but his parents are not getting all upset any longer. He never - even once - laid on top of the bed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That is so funny, Pingo.  The only thing Cheerio actually goes under is the comforter on my bed - but you always know when she is there because you can see her big lumpy self!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

That is so funny, Pingo.  The only thing Cheerio actually goes under is the comforter on my bed - but you always know when she is there because you can see her big lumpy self!
    Posted by toytrumpet

That is way too funny...Baby LIVES under the blankets
    She yells at Honey if he tries to sleep in...or ...even if he tries to go off without making the bed. She needs everything to be just so

The avatar is her waiting for me to turn on the water for her to drink.

I am glad your family wasn't too rattled Pingo but sorry they missed their concert

Ahh yes the things we do

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

That is way too funny...Baby LIVES under the blankets She yells at Honey if he tries to sleep in...or ...even if he tries to go off without making the bed. She needs everything to be just so The avatar is her waiting for me to turn on the water for her to drink. I am glad your family wasn't too rattled Pingo but sorry they missed their concert Ahh yes the things we do
    Posted by icer

Hi icer -

My father's cat likes to drink from the bathtub faucet.  Whenever anybody goes upstairs, he races up and sits on the side of the tub.  Gets right under the faucet when you turn it on.  He doesn't care about getting wet.

mothermitzi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hi icer - My father's cat likes to drink from the bathtub faucet.  Whenever anybody goes upstairs, he races up and sits on the side of the tub.  Gets right under the faucet when you turn it on.  He doesn't care about getting wet. mothermitzi
    Posted by mothermitzi

That is the only way to get Baby out into the open...You turn on the shower...then she knows there is someone in the bathroom...she jumps up to the sink and gentley asks with her meow "turn the facet on"

I think our water is terrible here. Every pet we have ever had rejects the water once it has stood a while. I don't need to be a scientist to figure that one out

Sections
Shortcuts