New Computer!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

New Computer!

Friends,
    My two sons bought me a new computer. The one I have is ailing. Sometimes it took me over a minute to load up something. And it keeps freezing. But I got used to it.
    However, my sons got tired of have to fix whatever - so they said, "This is it!"
    My old one has been good to me. Has kept me in touch with my loved ones and my Chat friends. I kind of hate to see it go.
    Well, the "bosses" decided I should have a Mac - the one I have been using is a PC. They all have Macs, so it only make sense.
    However, I am kind of worried. I have to learn everything from scratch again. I have been using their computers on and off and the Macs are quite different. I have to trust them, that they say the Mac is a lot better and have a lot more features. (Do I care? Not really.) The large box arrived today.
    So, please be patient with me for a few days (weeks, months?). Son is coming from Pittsburg tmw. to set it up and tutor me how to use it. But knowing myself, I know I will be lost. Oh, well - it will keep my brain exercised and me on the toes. - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MosesHandsworth. Show MosesHandsworth's posts

Re: New Computer!

I use a Mac myself and would be willing to help you out/offer advice with any problems you might encounter with it

Unfortunately youre the one who cant read any of my messages, right?

Oh. well. Such a pity...

Good luck with your new computer though. Youre gonna love it. Macs are great!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So, looks like "he" is at it again. Don't even know, why he bothers. I am blessed - I cannot see his posts. Hallelujah!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MosesHandsworth. Show MosesHandsworth's posts

If by "at it again", you mean contributing to a thread here at the Globe, then yes, I am at it again, I guess

I did enjoy watching you post "HALLELUJAH" for the 900th time though

Have a nice weekend

PS My offer of amateur tech support still stands

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

So, looks like "he" is at it again. Don't even know, why he bothers. I am blessed - I cannot see his posts. Hallelujah!
    Posted by pingo

Thursby was offering his technical expertise gratis to you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Reindeer girl, I do not need Thursby's gratis help. Even though I appreciate him offering.
    I have two sons - youngest one just got his PhD in Computer Science, the other one the best 'hacker' in the world - can fix anything. They know all the tricks in the computer world. Now, with my new computer - they can both help me from afar.
    Anyway, how are you doing? Haven' t heard from you in a very long time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Good morning, PingoSmile

Feh, just too busy all the time. I never learned how to unclog a drain, for a example, so here I am, waiting for the plumber, while the pots and pans stack up. I'm taking a Latin class this summer so my brain won't go to mush. It's online, and I also never really learned how to use a computer - duh! Please clone your sons to live inside my PC.Sealed

I hope you're posting from Ireland, Pingo. I haven't been there since the summer of 1992 (life getting in the way, and all that), and I hope your trip is GRAND! I totally agree with you on doing your own sightseeing; you'll make special discoveries, and it won't be tiring, as you'll start and stop in your own. Aer Lingus doesn't have the best mealsFrown, but at least it's a short flight. Oh, you will have the best time!

Sections
Shortcuts