New Direction for Ridding Pingo of Turkeys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

New Direction for Ridding Pingo of Turkeys

I may be wrong, Ache, but I believe I read that you posted Pingo you would submit on Monday a new plan of attack on her disgusting turkey invasion ? Perhaps you and she are corresponding separate from CC?  Not that it's any of my business, mind you, and I certainly don't want to start any gossip, but I was just wondering why we haven't seen at least an outline of your strategy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: New Direction for Ridding Pingo of Turkeys

Sorry, trumpet. I dont mean to sound secretive, but Operation Obliteration is very hush hush

I shouldnt even be talking to you right now

However I will say this: I promise you, and I promise pingo that O.O. will take out each and every one of those dumb birds. And I dont mean on a date either

POW! POW! POW!

I am in contact daily with General Petraeus who is advising me on the campaign

Okay, I have said enough already

Good night, trumpet

Please pray for a successful engagement tomorrow against the Turkey Terrorists

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I was glad to see your post and know that you haven't abandoned Pingo in this trying time, Ache, but I must say, your secretiveness has me a bit puzzled.  As far as I know, the turkeys have no access to a computer, so could not possibly read any plans of attack you might post.  I have to wonder if there really is a plan, or if this is just a delaying strategy on your part while you come up with something.

That being said, please be careful if there really is any  POW POW POW going on over there today, as I will be visiting Pingo for coffee on her deck.  I sometimes come in through the back of her yard, and I would not want to be mistaken for a turkey.

I'm hoping you are really giving this problem some serious thought.  Pingo isn't complaining about them much any more, but I for one, don't look forward to sharing space on the deck with even the cute fluffy little babies, for I know the ugly parents aren't far behind.  Hoping to see a plan of action, but please, no pics of the actual obliteration.  Both Pingo and I are far too delicate to be witness to that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm with tt on this one Ache.  They are dumb turkeys so you really don't need a sneak attack.  Besides this is no fun without your blow to blow description of OO..  I mean come on now....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet, I know you mean well, but you need to stop interfering

I am a skilled, professional military tactician, trained in the brutal art of turkey warfare. I know what I am doing, ok?

I resent it when you throw out the suggestion that Operation Obliteration is bogus somehow, that I have no real plan in place yet, and that I am just vamping until I come up with a more legit strategy of attack. Nothing could be further from the truth. I feel insulted by your insinuation to the contrary

Now if you dont mind, I have important business to attend to. Allow me to finish the job I was hired to do, alright? And no more meddling please. I dont advise you how to make those delicious whoopie pies, do I? Please dont advise me how to make war against those loathsome birds

PS Pingo's property is now a war zone. Unless you are military personnel, a member of pingo's immediate family, or a tennis playing partner of Mr P, then you are barred from the premises

Sorry, but that is just the way it is

Thank you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Sorry, ambergirl, but war is no frivolous matter. It is a very serious undertaking. And those turkeys arent as dumb as they look

When 20 of them were adopted last month, what did the remaing five unadopted ones do? Did they run away and go feel sorry for themselves? No, they reproduced. That's what they did. In bunches. Now there are more birds in pingo's back yard than ever before. So the turkeys are very cunning and resourceful and not to be underestimated

Therefore the news blackout remains in place until further notice...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG - you are too funny!  

However, I will come back with something - at some point - when I stop laughing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I just had a thought - perhaps my GD, the one who is a psychologist you know, could be of some help to you.  She has training in profiling and might be able to more clearly give you a feel of which of the birds might be the ringleaders.  Shall I give her a call?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Didnt I just ask you not to interfere, trumpet?

Three minutes later youre volunteering the services of your granddaughter, the one with the psych degree

Geesh

What part of "serious undertaking" dont you understand?

This is war, damnit!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't understand why you get so huffy at the suggestion you could use some help. We're all on the same page here, helping Pingo get rid of those turkeys once and for all.  I would think the more heads with their thinking caps on, the better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Trumpet, please

I have to get back in the field to be with my men who are looking for leadership that only I can provide

But, okay, I will hire your granddaughter. It cant hurt, I suppose

But let me ask you something: Do you really think I would go into battle, especially one of this magnitude with so much at stake, without knowing who the leaders were on the enemy side?

What kind of military strategist would I be if I didnt know my own enemy?

Hmmm?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll have her people call your people in the morning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache,
    I appreciate all your help. Please tell me, do I need to avoid my own backyard for a while? Would I be advised in advance, when your troops will arrive?
    Actually, I think General Petraeus might enjoy this. Will give him a couple of days off. Quite a bit different than the turkey he has been chasing lately. After the war is over, I will have Kar help me make Cucumber Spritzer for everyone. Gracie is now so well, she can bring her. If you wait a few weeks with your ambush, Gracie might even be well enough to be the bird dog cornering them in. And tt has already frozen away half of those Whoopee pies, she made yesterday. She won't mind to come and cheer you on and offer them as a treat afterwards. - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When am I supposed to wear my tankini?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: New Direction for Ridding Pingo of Turkeys:
    [QUOTE]Ache, I appreciate all your help. Please tell me, do I need to avoid my own backyard for a while? Would I be advised in advance, when your troops will arrive? Actually, I think General Petraeus might enjoy this. Will give him a couple of days off. Quite a bit different than the turkey he has been chasing lately. After the war is over, I will have Kar help me make Cucumber Spritzer for everyone. Gracie is now so well, she can bring her. If you wait a few weeks with your ambush, Gracie might even be well enough to be the bird dog cornering them in. And tt has already frozen away half of those Whoopee pies, she made yesterday. She won't mind to come and cheer you on and offer them as a treat afterwards. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Pingo:

While the goal of this mission is to take down all the nasty turkeys by any means necessary, your safety is paramount, so have no fear. You will never be in harm's way. Feel free to walk around your back yard whenever the spirit moves you

And, of course, I will keep you abreast of all major troop movements and arrivals

It is an honor and a privilege to serve you, pingo. I promise I will not rest until I can announce to the world with surety, "Mission accomplished"

PS In addition to the spritzers and the whoopie pies, how about supplying my troops with some of that nice Danish licorice I have been reading so much about?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]When am I supposed to wear my tankini?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar:

Tankini Day isnt until next month, but if you would like to parade around in your tankini at pingo's house tomorrow, I think it will be a great morale boost to all our valiant troops, dont you??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

View Image
    Our first POW. We captured him tonight in a successful ambush just outside pingo's bulkhead. Name is Portnoy, better known as "Potent Portnoy" because supposedly he is the sire to 12 of the 14 turkey babies...If Portnoy looks unhappy, it's because his baby making days are over, and he knows it. Following a likely court-martial, he will spend the remainder of his days living among the male prison population at Turkey Leavenworth...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Your number has been disconnected?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have nothing to add except this is hysterical!  Ache, you never let me down

Sealed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Your number has been disconnected?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

trumpet, if it seems like I'm a lttle hard to reach today, it is because I am in the middle of a military conflict, remember?? Against an enemy that is fierce, elusive and formidable

So I'm kinda preoccupied at the moment. Do you understand? I'm busy

But ok ok. I will call your grandaughter and enlist her myself. Not for the war effort though. For personal reasons

"Nana" (and her interfering ways) is starting to drive me nutso, so I'm thinking when the war is finally over, I may need some professional help...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Whatever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet, please dont "whatever" me. It is disrespectful and sets a bad example for the others

If my troops ever saw what you posted, they would start to question my authority, which would weaken the chain of command, lead to a breakdown in battlefield cohesion, and ultimately produce in all liklihood a turkey victory

Is that what you want? For the turkeys to win?

Wow. I cant believe it

Are you working for the other side now, trumpet?

Double agent tt, I presume?

Hmmm...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Are you working for the other side now, trumpet? "

If you read back in one of my earlier posts, I said I'd be going over to Pingo's and didn't want to be mistaken "for a turkey" - - but no, I'm not one of them.

I did have a call from my GD (you know the one) last night.  She had arranged to take a little time off of work to do the profiling for you, but said while trying to get in touch with your people, had done a little "profiling" based on current posts, and felt it wouldn't - how do I put this delicately - be beneficial on a future resume to have her name linked in this particular endeavor.  So sorry, since I was the one who brought it up.  Her reaction was much the same as yours, "Nana, stay out of it." 

All that being said, were there any more captures last night?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ache, just seen this story on CNN.  Does this have anything to do with OO??

500 turkeys die in wreck

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 8:03 AM EDT Updated: Jun 30, 2011 1:57 PM EDT

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber,
    I saw that one too. Wish it was mine :( But no such luck - Pingo

Sections
Shortcuts