November 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

November 2010

Here we are in November.  You really started this thread, Kargiver, just under October's heading.  Closer to Christmas now and all the holiday baking and planning that brings.

TV says outdoor temps are only in the 30's, guess it is time for me to get the storm window parts in both doors, and hopefully this weekk-end my window a/c out.  Looking forward to the Christmas Fair one of the coming week-end days.  Always come out of there with lots of ideas of things I think "Oh, I could make that," but usually never do.  Really enjoy seeing the gingerbread displays and the winners of the competition.  And, of course, our gingerbread men (and girl) that we buy when we first go in to munch on.

Bg, you  had a wonderful evening last night.  Was it a special time, anniversary?  Or just a nice romantic evening for you both ?

Good luck at the therapy session today, Pingo.  I'm sure they will be able to give you some direction as to how to handle these sudden flare ups.

Kargiver - curry for breakfast?  My stomach is cringing at the thought, so early in the morning.  Now if you had said something sweet and gooey - - -

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: November 2010

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    5 trick-or-treaters were all we had last night. Now a huge Costco bag leftover candy. Good both DH and I are not into chocolate, it is going to our office. There are plenty takers there.
    I got up this morning and the water in the bb was all frozen. Used my hammer to break it up and refill it. Would you know, I just had to break it up again. I am worried about the real winter.

Bg, what a great evening you had last night. Did you celebrate anything special? Who distributed candy at your house? Hope you didn't come home to one that was egged. That would really ruin a wonderful evening.

Kar, I am happy you liked my curry so much. The combination of spices is really, what does it. Now, that you have tried it, you can actually mix and add the spices that you like better. If you have a coffee grinder, you can actually grind your own spices. I bought two inexpensive grinders, I use just for that. One for the hot spices and one for the sweet spices.

tt, are you getting ready for tomorrow? And I don't mean the election. Good luck, will think of you.

Have to get ready for my PT. I am feeling better this morning. I am very anxious to hear, what he has to say about the jolts of pain I experienced this weekend - and especially, how to deal with them, should they happen again.
    Chat later today - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yes, tt, it was THAT GOOD that I'd choose it over something sweet and gooey (if I had such a thing).  I truly couldn't wait until lunch to enjoy it.

Good thing you remember to turn the calendar page - if it were up to just me we'd be stuck on one month the whole year.

You have me craving a good old fashioned Christmas fair and the fare that goes with.  Must look in the paper for what's coming up.  DH isn't much for those things, though, so maybe while he's out puttering around winterizing I'll go putter at a fair.

I got the fire going just now, and Gracie wasted no time flopping down in front and falling fast asleep.  She had been restless, wandering from her crate to the living room to the cold stove and back to her crate.  Her bed is a little small for her, but she makes do all curled up.

We have such comfort food around with Pingo's curry and MS's butternut/chicken soup.  I made a loaf of bread yesterday, and I'll be baking up the rest of the crackers today.  DH picked the rest of the garden and tilled it all up.  Topped it with leaves he vacuumed from the yard.  So, it's done.  Today will steam our beets and swiss chard for dinner.  And, probably make a cous cous or quinoa dish with the leeks.

Happy November, all!

~kar

P.S.  Pingo, I wouldn't dream of altering the spices - I used them exactly as you prescribed (except that I just added them to the pot instead of making a paste) and the balance of flavor was PERFECT.  Did you see the photo I posted in the recipes thread?

tt, very cute laugh!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo?  Tomorrow???   Have I forgotten something?

You should see my lawn - rather, I should see my lawn!  Completely covered with leaves.  You would hate me for a neighbor, because since I really can't rake, I'm hoping for a good wind to blow it somewhere else!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hi guys, hope you all had a great Halloween. I am feeling a little uneasy today.
    My son was supposed to be moving into a new apartment yesterday but when they put the key in the door and opened it...There were people living in there.

I now have all their belongings in our dining room and spare room, which is no problem, they could even live here in the space we have made for Mom but it is really bugging me...

I guess I am just venting and worried.
    Thanks for reading this

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

People LIVING THERE?  What the heck?  Keep us posted.  What a mess it must be...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What happened?  Have they connected with the person who leased the apartment to them?  And, what about the people living there?  Imagine having your landlord give keys that fit your apartment door to a total stranger?  Someone goofed up bigtime.

On the other hand, as you say, they at least have a place to stay until this is straightened out, and it would be kind of nice from your point, I'm sure to have a chance for a "short" visit from your son and g.f.  When one door slams shut, another opens, you just have to be aware of a possible gift staring you in the face.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celia2. Show Celia2's posts

Hi all, only had 7 trick or treaters last night. Was giving out handfuls of candy and the rest went into the office.

Got my new pellet stove running over the weekend. It really takes the chill off the house. After the first time we started it (took 2 hours when it's supposed to take 15 minutes) it's been really easy to run. Now we have to think of way to keep the house from getting too dry.

icer - people in the apartment - yikes! If I were your son then I'd be asking for my money back from the landlord and finding a new place. There's no way that the landlord couldn't have known someone was still there. Landlords are supposed to check to make sure the apartment is vacant before the new tenants move in. This landlord sounds like he's an absentee landlord and could turn out to be a nightmare.

tt - my lawn is carpeted with leaves too. We try to rake as late as possible because our lawn just keeps getting buried under the leaves. One time we spent all day raking the front lawn until not a leaf was left. When we got up the next morning it looked like we hadn't raked in years. The trick to waiting is to make sure that we don't leave it too late that we're raking leaves in the snow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I agree with Cerlia, Icer.  That's part of what I was trying to say, there may be a very good reason why your son is not supposed to move into this apartment and what happened may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I have to agree that this just must not be meant to happen.
    I guess the people that are there were supposed to be out but they either don't want to leave or can't.

I am just worried hes been scammed too. He is 27 and has lived with his gf for 5 years now.

I am going to call in a little while, we could do this but I don't want to go moving things about if ots not going to be necessary.

Its just very unsettling. Thanks for the support

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

If he can't move in, he's entitled to whatever he paid up front, back, Icer.  A threat to call the Attorney General's office should ensure that if the landlord is balking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I somehow recall, you had an appointment to have your nose taken care of. Of course I could be wrong - you know much better. Maybe it is all taken care of (you mentioned an appointment last week) - so much the better. If so, I hope it is healing well, and you were not in a lot of pain afterwards. - Pingo

In Response to Re: November 2010:
    [QUOTE]Pingo?  Tomorrow???   Have I forgotten something? You should see my lawn - rather, I should see my lawn!  Completely covered with leaves.  You would hate me for a neighbor, because since I really can't rake, I'm hoping for a good wind to blow it somewhere else!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not until the 19th, Pingo, but thanks for keeping me (and my nose) in your thoughts!

How did you make out this morning at therapy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Back from my PT. Feeling soooo much better. He told me, even though I was in a lot of pain, I should have done my stretching exercises (easy for him to tell me). Maybe not so many repetitions, but just a few. Now, how do you do those, when you can't even move? I hate to tell you, that is exactly what Mr. P told me. "Stretch it out!". He will be beaming and give me a lecture, when I tell him.
    He also suggested, I use a pillow roll while sitting on my computer chair in order to keep my spine aligned. Those soft, padded chairs are no good for anyone.
    After I came back, I went for a 5 minutes walk on my tennis court. No problem, still feeling good. Hope it last - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ask your PT about sitting on an exercise ball at the computer, Pingo.  It's core strengthening and comfortable, pain wise.  My mom had a bulged disc in her back and the ball was the ONLY thing she could sit on for months.  My aunt recommends it for anyone experiecing any type of lower body pain.

Glad you are feeling better.  Let Mr. P gloat - they get to so little, right?  ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, I am sorry you and your son are in this position. Sounds like a non-present landlord, but the real estate company are more to blame IMO. They should have checked the apartment - if it was ready for a new tenant. Who ever's fault it is, I hope you get this straightened out as soon as possible. Sue the landlord, but don't forget to sue the realtor as well. - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What's going on with the avatar on your last post?  Who did that???

It's gone now, but when I pulled up the page it was a red outlined square that said, "File under T for Trash" !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Mothermitzi, how much fun was it having your granddaughters with you for trick or treating on Halloween?  Bring back memories of when your dau was a little girl?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've seen transient oddities with random people's avatars and posts - very strange for software that is supposed to be cut and dry!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Makes you wonder if little trolls have figured some access into the posts to do their mischievous deeds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Who's avatar was that?

[QUOTE]What's going on with the avatar on your last post?  Who did that??? It's gone now, but when I pulled up the page it was a red outlined square that said, "File under T for Trash" !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

yours!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Are you serious? Yes, of course you are. But that is interesting - isn't it? You are probably right, the "troll" has been at it again. Changing those avatars is not so easy unless you try to hack the program. Imagine having such an interest in me. Unbelievable!
    Anyway, I am sure Dottie must have noticed it and changed it back. Thanks Dottie if that is so.

[QUOTE]yours!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Icer, I am sorry you and your son are in this position. Sounds like a non-present landlord, but the real estate company are more to blame IMO. They should have checked the apartment - if it was ready for a new tenant. Who ever's fault it is, I hope you get this straightened out as soon as possible. Sue the landlord, but don't forget to sue the realtor as well. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

When I first clicked on this page and scrolled down to read your post, your avatar was this red outlined square that said, "File under T for Trash".  I immediately wrote my reply asking who did that, and when I hit post and my post appeared, your avatar was back to normal.  Very strange indeed.  Someone has access to our postings and was fooling around, obviously.