November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Re: November 2011

Hi everyone. I haven't  been able to post for weeks. My mother in law passed on, and then , just back from Ireland, my brother passed so unexpectly, and so young.  I am backtracking to catch up with everyone.  Right now, I have a couple of hours, and decaf cappuccino to catch up. bg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Oops, what happened to my spellcheck? bg

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh BG, so sorry to hear about your brother. What a heartache that must be for you.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. How is DD dealing with all this?
    You were so missed here. But I certainly understand now, you had a lot more important issues to deal with. Again, I am so sorry. Please post when you can and feel like it. Blessings - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Pingo, thankyou so much for your loving, kind post. D.D. had just dealt with her Gramma passing, came back home, and her most  favorite uncle passed. D.D. is doing  well considering. I am as well, but Incan't believe I'll never see him, or talk to him, or make me laugh as no one else could.  He is my Irish twin (11 months apart)  D.D. is able to handle her sadness wit her other Nana , Aunts & Uncles.  bg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Was so excited to see there was a post from you, bg, and then so sad to read your news of your brother's passing.  So much to handle, added to right on top of your MIL's death and your concern over your DD.  I'm so sorry.  Do you have other brothers and sisters?  There was just my sister and me, and I know how devastating that can be if that is the case.  My thoughts are with you, and you and your family will certainly be included in my prayers.  I'm glad to see you back on the boards and hope you'll continue to post - whenever.

As for the spellcheck, everyone it seems is having trouble with that.  Asks you to change a word and then doesn't underline/highlight what word they want changed?  I get that off and on, just think of some silly word they might be sticking over, and put a couple of astericks in the middle!

Other problems with people being able to log in to post too.  My friend, SS, never logged out, yet one day they repeatedly asked her to login if she wanted to post, and said her email and password couldn't be found.  Gave her a new password to use, and she had the very same response.  Yesterday, I cleaned my cookies and evidently deleted the cookie I needed, because all of a sudden I was asked the same and got the same response when I relogged in.

Here's a hint, don't know if it will make any difference to anyone else (SS), on trying to get back in - when I first googled into BDC this morning, and the first, probably Lifestyle page, came up, up in the corner it says, "Sign in        Register".  Before even trying to get to the forums page, I clicked on "Sign in" and signed in my email and password, remember me, and continue.  It accepted it and then I could continue to the Forums page and saw at the top that it said, "Welcome, toytrumpet".  Don't know what will happen when I leave this page for another, but at least for now, I'm able to post.  Thought this might be helpful to anyone else experiencing being able to read, but not post - "Sign in" on the Lifestyle page.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  The bazaar and bake sale started at 6 on Friday night.  I think I made $300.  We didn't get much donations other than what my mom and I did, just more cupcakes.
    bg, so sorry to hear about your brother's passing.
    We are in the process of buying each other a new TV for Christmas, it appears we have it down to two.  I think we'll be making the decision later today.
    Have to run for a few, my son's game is at 10:30 this morning, so I'll probably check in after that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations, Winter, that was great!  Too bad each Mom didn't contribute something to the table, even if it were bought.  Thank Heavens you did make all those cookies.  To earn that much, you and your Mom did fantastic.  

Good luck on your son's game.  My GS's haven't started yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

bg, you can add my thoughts and prayers for you and your family for your brother's sudden loss so soon after your mother's passing.  Unthinkable.  I know you are watching over DD like a hawk - her disorder will be rearing its head in her sadness and loss of control that these times bring with them, as you know.  Hope you can check in and let us know how you're all doing.

$300 in cookies, WOW, that's a haul, congratulations, Winter!  You earned every penny.  Have fun with the TV.  We are enjoying our relatively new Sony Bravia very much; I'd recommend it. 

I've got a thread down in No Man's Land about the content filter being broken.  Dottie said they are looking into it.

Blessings,
    ~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Anyone who hasn't yet clicked on the Google animated picture - great little post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't see an animated picture on google this morning, tt...?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Click on the pumpkins and have your sound on too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

On google?  I don't see a thing, just"google" written in its everyday style and colors with the rest of the page totally blank.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

MY MISTAKE!  Sorry.  SS had sent me a Thanksgiving rhyme that had a "click on the pumpkin pie at the end".  I clicked on it but it was so darn slow coming up that I went on with my posting over here.  When I scanned the bottom icons, there was the pumpkin pie picture which I mistook for Google, and when I clicked on it it was a cute animation of making/baking the pie and then a Happy Thanksgiving wish.  Sorrrrrry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    $300? That is amazing, Winter. Congratulations! Fell bad for you, that other mothers didn't chip in. But maybe it is the timing. Everyone are baking up to the holidays, and are busy with their own baked goods. But still $300 is fantastic. Good luck w/ the game and the new TV.
    Re: posting on BDC. I always had a "Welcome Pingo", whenever I open BDC - I don't remember if I ever asked them to "remember" me, but that must be it, since I never had a problem getting in. tt, hopefully your playing Sherlock Holmes, will solve problems for whoever had them.
    DH and I was kalooping yesterday, and hit most of the stores on Rt. 1. Hannaford, Rite-Aid, Target, Petco, TJ's and the Learning Store --- oh I forgot Home Depot. I got the Jenka game, tt. Except, they call it something else. When I first asked for the Jenka, she said, "Oh, we don't have that." Darn it, I thought. But on our way out, there was a whole display of the game, we wanted. Yea! --- and thanks, tt. I also got the Peppermint Oreos from TJ's. So, now all is well.
    With the holidays so near, it was amazing, there were hardly any customers in the stores.
    Now on to make breakfast. Waffles with blueberries and maple syrup. - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I had to ask for it too, Pingo, and there it was practically knocking you over as you stepped in the front door!  Hope the kids enjoy it.  Seems to me something whole family would enjoy playing with a kid.

Yes, I always had Welcome toytrumpet, until I cleaned out my cookies.  So far this morning, so good.  I've gone back and forth a few times between these pages and the emails which are on IE and still seem logged in here.

Almost made pancakes this morning, but I was too hungry.  Popped a honey wheat English muffin in the toaster, for grape jelly and a nice hot cup of coffee.  Slept late, catch up, you know, for the 2 nights of on again/off again sleep I had. Cheerio must have been feeling the effects too, because she hunkered down under all the bedcovers on the bed in here - couldn't have heard a mouse if it was parading right in front of her!

Got a lot done yesterday, cleaned the bathroom, dustmopped all the floors, and then washed the kitchen and hall floors, along with doing a wash.  See what I can accomplish when I'm unable to post?!  More plans for today, thoroughly cleaning the stove, and polishing the kitchen chairs, fluffing up the seat cushions in the dryer, and taking down the kitchen valance and washing that.  Will pick up the toyroom a bit too, for Lilly's playing tomorrow.  So looking forward to her little visit with her cheery, hip hoppity demeanor.  Sorry her bro will be in school, he is such a sweet kid, and hugs me with a vengence.  Good hugger.

Off to catch more of Sunday Morning - are you watching, Icer?  All about food, in one way or another, this morning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, that's so funny!  Oh, well, thanks for trying to share. :)

Pingo, I wasn't going to correct you, but maybe the toy store can't figure out that you mean Jenga, not Jenka.  But, if that's the case, shame on them for not asking if it's what you meant - I mean, how much closer could it be?

tt, wow, you were a cleaning machine yesterday!  I've got to mop the floors myself.  Our vacuum cleaner head broke, I ordered a new one, and it's on back order.  I neeeeeeeeeed to vacuuuuuuuuuum.

Don't you just love a good hugger?  I'm smiling at the thought of little Lily squeezing you as hard as she can in delight and love.

Enjoy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Taint Lilly that's the good hugger, it's her brother.  (I'll have to go back and reread my post, maybe my fingers are working faster than my thoughts, or is the the other way around?!)

As for the Learning Store, I went in (right past the display) describing the toy I had seen advertised, didn't know what to call it - and it was the salesperson in there that said, Oh, like Jenga?  So, I'm surprised that she didn't know what you meant when you asked for it by name, Pingo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

BG--So sorry to hear of the losses in your family.  Life is just too short.  

Kar--My daughter just saw the picture of Gracie in front of the woodstove and said "oh, look, that doggie is so cute!".  Thanks for the woodstove info.  

Winter--hice haul!  $300!

We're off to another birthday party in a few!  Have a good day everyone!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Salespeople don't tend to want to actually help people anymore...sad.  Anyway, Jenga, Jenka, whatever she called it - they should have known what she meant and helped. 

Lg, that's so sweet of your daughter.  :)  LOs do love Gracie, and she is very gentle, letting them "pat" her in their toddler-slap way, lol.  She gives me a look, though, like, "Mom, what are they doing and why?"  Have fun at the bd party!

Speaking of the wood stove, I've got to go get more wood...my feet and ankles are starting to feel cold; fire must be low.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In defense of The Learning Store, have to say the salespeople are most helpful.  Any time I have been in there, I have noticed they go around to each customer asking if they need help finding something, or if they're like me, just wandering around, ask what age child they are shopping for, and offer suggestions.  When I have said, Oh, I'm just poking, they leave me alone and say if I have any questions, just ask them.  Originally, I think they were just for teachers and education personnel.  I've seen a lot of teachers getting large supplies, and also picking up orders there that they have put in online.  It was a good shopping find for me and I go in there often.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

-----Pingo, I wasn't going to correct you, but maybe the toy store can't figure out that you mean Jenga, not Jenka.  But, if that's the case, shame on them for not asking if it's what you meant - I mean, how much closer could it be?----

Kar and tt, went to look at the box - it is called "Bugs Building" - LOL -- but still, whether I called it Jenka or Jenga - I bet she would still have told me, "Don't have it." Must be my accent or her not caring. Pick one.
    And tt, you did say it was Lilly's Brother, that is the hugger. Enjoy it while it last. Pretty soon he won't be a hugger - boys don't like to hug, when they get to the teenage age - you must know that already. Mine had a hugging lapse for a couple of years. LOL
    Niece's husband just called. He came to town last night, so now we have to trek to Cambridge for lunch. It doesn't please me one bit. Had a list of things, I wanted to do today. But he will only be here for a couple of days, and will be busy with meetings and conferences. Invited him for TG, but he will be gone by then. Chat later - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, the younger kids' version of Jenga is "Bugs Building."  She just didn't want to help; that's my pick.

Oops, skimmed, again and got caught - sorry, tt!  

Oh, no, DH is back and I'm still in my PJs.  Gotta jump in the shower!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's alright.  You and Pingo have your opinion, I have mine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think it might depend on which store you're in among other things.  Maybe she was having a bad day, maybe she really just didn't understand.  We'll never know!

Made chicken bundles last night with blue cheese, butternut squash, and sage butter (from the ravioli recipe).  Very good.  But, next time, I'll use the cream cheese - it lends a creamy moistness that blue cheese doesn't.  Also, I shook it in pancake mix instead of doing the full egg mixture/Panko crumb thing.  Another mistake.  I did that because you have to tie up the bundles, and taking the string off ruins the crunchy exterior.  But, it's worth it, apparently.  Oh, well, these were OK. Nothing spectacular, but not everything can be, right? ;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a wash in that includes our 3 aprons for tomorrow.  Lilly uses the Halloween one I  bought many years ago for my now 19 year old GS, for cookie making. Wants to take it home in the worst way, but I told her there's another little guy coming along after her.  Hard for her to fathom.

Have the half rug the cat lies on in front of the slider, soaking.  That room has had a good heavy cleaning, curtains to floor now, except for the dreaded china cabinet and its contents. Plenty of time for that before Christmas tho.

Just had a phone call from nanny friend, inviting me as her guest, to a play in NH the first week in December.  I'm always so flattered that she wants to spend time with me.  There's quite an age difference, and I'm glad she enjoys my company as much as I do hers.

Had a late breakfast, but still feeling rumbles of salad time calling in my stomach.  Reminds me, forgot to take something out for supper.  Finally getting down through some of those individual frozen meals I put together.

Saw the tail end of the Food Network Thanksgiving menu program this morning and caught sweet potatoes/apples/pecan/bourbon casserole that looked good.  Googled it and may just include that in our meal this year.  Cook's had one too that you can fix ahead and then bake - both  would take up space needed for my turkey breast, but may be able to squeeze both trays in at once.

Sections
Shortcuts