November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2011

(I posted the wrong recipe at first - it's not Paula Deen's, it's Sandra Lee's.  I've corrected the link so it goes to the right one, now.  HIGHLY recommend.  It's traditional enough to not disappoint die hard pumpkin pie lovers but delicious enough to make new converts.  Here's the link, again, so you don't have to go back: Sandra Lee's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

OK, couldn't resist poster some pics of Yoda.  I was folding laundry and some strings were hanging down.  Apparently Yoda could only stand it for a minute :)

Here he is just watching the strings.

And here is he having a great time with them. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy anniversary, Kar! You pre anniversary dinner looks delicious. I bet it made up plenty for not being able to go to the Wayside Inn tonight. That pumpkin pie is going to be on our TG table for sure. Did you make the brown sugar whipped cream or did you serve it with just plain whipped cream? Best wishes for DH and his gum surgery today. He should be able to eat any leftover bisque and some of the pie. That if he feels like eating anything - he may not.

Mothermitzy, my condolences as well. It is always sad to loose a good and longtime friend even though he was battling a long time illness and now finally found relief. My thoughts and prayers are going your way.

Another lovely day out. How lucky we are. You all have a good one - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhhh, he's getting cuter and cuter!  And, it seems like he's gaining good weight.  Yoda has obviously found his groove. :)  Keep posting photos of our latest addition to the family!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, we posted at the same time, so I didn't see the pix until afterwards. Cute kitty pictures. Looks like he is coming along well and feel like a part of your family now. He just had to get to know you all. - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, we were also posting at the same time! 

I made my standby whipped cream (one dropper of stevia to one pint of heavy whipping cream), not the recipe one.  However, I made the pie (other than the crust) exactly as written.  I recommend that you use the whole 1/2 cup (not tightly packed) of brown sugar - it was not overly sweet, perfect for the Pingo household taste imo.  I preheated the oven for a full 30 minutes (long after the beep), a must for good pie baking in my experience, and baked for 55 minutes.  Used a pie shield to protect the crust from getting too brown the entire cooking time.  Here's the uncut pie just after it came out of the oven, still puffed and a little shiny:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks.  He is coming around to a point.  He runs if he thinks we are coming near, but he does play and poke around while we are there.  He goes back to the Vet on Saturday, hopefully they are ok with his weight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He looks a lot better, Winter - I'm sure he'll get a great report!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I hope so, he also has to get his last distemper shot and I think they will give us his last Revelation treatment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I miss everyone...where are you...tt, amber, pingo, kar, novem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm around Winter.  Have been raking leaves in spurts off and on all day.  Have the front lawn only cleared and two bags full.  Gardens and shrubs are still covered.  Started on the back lawn that I divide in 4th's.  I rake straight down the middle to the back and then divide each side in half.  I don't try to bag them, just pull them with the rake into the side gardens.  I only can do what I only can do, and at least that gets it off the grass.

Was going to tease you with my lunch, salad with shredded barbecue pork I took out of the freezer, and a generous glass of Crane Lake Pinot Grigio that I had run down to the packie store for before lunch.  Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on who you are reading my post, the camera wants to save ALL the pictures I have on it when I plug it into my computer.  That would be 41 right now that are already on the computer, so couldn't post the pic.

Cute pics of Yoda, btw.  Wonder why he still runs when you come near.  Almost sounds like he was part of a litter that came from a stray.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lunch sounds good.  I have left over pizza.  I'd be more than happy to rake and bag your leaves for some tasty treats :)
    I don't know Yoda is funny, at night I'll be sitting and he will start rubbing against my legs and looking at me, I'll go to pick him up, he does it again, I go to pick him up he runs, tries it a third time and he lets me pick him up.  I know he was found alone in an alley, so your theory may be right. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haha Winter - looks like you are not so busy any longer. Guess everyone are just busy today, or maybe out enjoying the lovely weather. I had to go to the bank and took some time off sitting on a bench in the sun enjoying an ice cream cone. People walking by gave me thumbs up. LOL
    I don't have a cat, so please tell me what is a "Revelation treatment"????
    - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Lunch sounds good.  I have left over pizza.  I'd be more than happy to rake and bag your leaves for some tasty treats :) I don't know Yoda is funny, at night I'll be sitting and he will start rubbing against my legs and looking at me, I'll go to pick him up, he does it again, I go to pick him up he runs, tries it a third time and he lets me pick him up.  I know he was found alone in an alley, so your theory may be right. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

When he's rubbing against your legs, try patting the couch next to you and saying, "C'mon,  C'mon right up here,  C'mon good boy," making that smacking noise with your lips.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Revelation is a flee, tick and parasite treatment. I believe he needs 3 and he's had two.  I had some down time today, I've been swamped with my new responsibilities, but have gotten in a work flow with them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I try that all the time...and each time he stares at me with this burning stare.  :)  so cute.  My mom saw him for the first time Sunday and she fell instantly in love.  He sat with her for about an hour as she talked and meowed to him.  I'm sure Yoda thinks his people are NUTS!!!

Pingo what flavor of ice cream and where did you get it???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---Started on the back lawn that I divide in 4th's.  I rake straight down the middle to the back and then divide each side in half.---

tt, what a genius idea! This way, you can see you accomplish something, and it is not so overwhelming.
    Your lunch sounds delicious. I had a leftover meat loaf sandwich. Was good too. And then I had an ice cream cone for dessert. I don't do it often. Actually hardly ever, but the sun was so inviting - and I saw a lady at the bank munching on one.
    So why not? - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Why not, indeed.  I topped off my lunch with strawberry frozen yogurt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

----Pingo what flavor of ice cream and where did you get it???----

Black Raspberry. Richardson's Ice Cream at Jordan's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Gosh.I had to go to Parents to find out what all the hub bub was about..I rarely post outside of this thread...but recently..when I did...The whole thread was moved to "Nesting" and then..with the time stamp thing went poof..its gone

ce le vie

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, sorry to leave you lonesome, my dear!  Had to get another prescription filled for DH and a couple of items at the store.  Came back to walk Gracie and took her to the bank, her favorite field trip. :)  DH is miserable, but there's nothing I can do...sigh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Aww Kar - your poor DH. I'm sure you're taking good care of him Wink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Nice day today.  Ate my lunch outside, wish every day was like this.  tt, loved your lunch, yum!  And Pingo your ice cream sounded delicious.  Winter, Yoda will come around more.  Think about how far he has come so far : )  Icer, the thread is still there.  It is under Parents, General, Do you eat while you shop.  If you are still interested.. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think Icer was referring to a different thread under there that she had posted to and that disappeared with the time stamp.  Don't know, but that's the way I read her post.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh what a great flavor Pingo. Now I want an ice cream.  Kar is your DH able to sleep it off?