November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2011

He's resting in his easy chair.  It's going to be a couple of weeks of discomfort, but right now he's in that awful novacaine wear-off phase.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Must have missed there was another hub bub thing going on over there. I rarely go to the Parent threads.  I only read the Do you eat while you shop thread since I had seen the story online.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

While we have some time before you guys leave work - this camera thing is driving me insane.  I know I must have hit some little button and changed some setting on the back of my camera - but I don't know what.  I read the booklet that came with it but it doesn't cover "saving only the latest pics taken".  So, here's my question:  any of you who have a digital camera: when you plug it in to the computer, is there some setting that tells the computer to save the latest 1,2, 5 or whatever pics I have taken and not resave all the pics?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I wish I could help tt : (  I don't even own a digital camera.  Hopefully one of the savy ladies on here can. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, for me when I insert the card/camera it shows the pictures that it's going to save.  I am able to highlight the ones I want saved and can delete the rest or you can save all of them to your computer and delete the card.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, mine shows the oldest pic and says it has found 41 pics do I want to import them.  I'll try clicking on that first pic and see if it moves to others.

ETA:  No.  Still wants to save the 41 pics.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Can you just save them all and then delete what you don't need on the computer?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

that's an additional 41 pictures!!  I already have 70 something saved on my computer!  Actually this happened once before and I think that's what I ended up doing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I don't know if this will work with the pictures, but I know on my pc, if I want to delete a lot of things at once I click on the first file or picture, then hold down my Shift key and click on the last file/picture.  It should highlight all of them and you can delete them all at once. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the suggestions.  I guess for now I just won't be saving/posting any pics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Can GT help with that?  I cannot go without pictures of Cheerio!!  Nooooooo.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He was the first one I tried.  Said  he couldn't do anything without actually being here and seeing what was going on.  Won't see him again until Thanksgiving.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Bummer...  wish I could help more..  getting out of here so chat tomorrow tt. Have a good night!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Can GT help with that?  I cannot go without pictures of Cheerio!!  Nooooooo.....
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Actually you gave me an idea and I tried taking a new pic and then seeing if it would let me save just that one to the computer - nope.  Worth a try tho.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    sorry about your picture problem. You take some awesome shots. Can't miss them.

When I download my pictures from my camera, I download them all. Then I get a prompt: Do you want to delete?  Yes or No. - That confused me in the beginning, until I understood, it meant do you want to delete them from the camera. So I clicked on "yes" - no need to keep them any longer in the camera, when I have them all on the computer.  So the next time I take pictures, there will only be the ones I take at that time  in my camera.
    Now, as far as deleting from the computer - on mine I press my "command" button and highlight the ones, I want to delete - then press "delete" --- and puff! they are gone. I have a Mac - on you PC it could be your shift key, as someone already mentioned. I don't know; I never downloaded pictures on my PC.
    I hope Kar will check in and help you. She is a lot more computer savvy than I am.
    But right now, she is tending to a suffering husband (and it is a lot more than just the sniffles) - and we all know, how that is. Don't we?
    Better get this solved quickly. I am looking forward to see pictures of GT's TG table. - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry tt, our internet went down at work.  You could save all the pictures on your computer and that just delete the ones you don't want.  I have to get ready to take DS to practice, but I didn't want to leave you without trying to help you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

thanks, Winter.  that post did come through from your work.  It would solve the problem for now, but would just be the same each time I took another picture that I wanted to save on the computer.  I like having pics saved on the camera to show people.  thanks for the suggestions and thinking of me, even on your "off" time!  Catch you tomorrow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

DH is having it rough so won't be online much today.

tt, it might not be a setting on the camera but on the picture import program itself.  It should be set to identify and import only pictures it has not imported before (no need to delete any on your camera for that to happen).  What picture importer do you use?  I can try to look up that setting online.

Best, everyone - I'll be thinking of you.

~kar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I am sorry for your camera trouble TT...Do you have a heart or favorites setting on your camera? W/o seeing the camera, it sounds to me like your camera is putting everything on favorites...

and yes..I was refering to the Parents thread with all the trouble and drama...but then again..really...does anyone take to heart the comments made under those circumstances..I hope not. Btw..I have opened a box of crackers or what have you..and paid for it at the end check out.

and yes, it was a little disconcerning to see the thread in which I was able to re-connect with some posters that I once chatted with everyday..just go poof...I have some real life connections  and wanted to share some news...oh well...

Busy week here...Yesterday was my son's birthday and Sat is the GF's..no to mention holiday prep.I am just in the thought part of the process. I know a lot of you are way ahead of me.

Kar, I hope Dh has a better day

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

thanks for your input, Kargiver and Icer.  Since I never touch any of the settings on the computer, I think Icer has hit it on the head - that heart sounds so familiar, altho I've snapped the camera on and don't see any icon like that now.  read the booklet carefully too, but I know I've most likely clicked something when whatever I was trying to do wasn't happening fast enough - I start clicking up, down, left, right, sure I botched something up.  It's alright, you'll all just be spared any pics from me until after Thanksgiving.  Most likely I'll be staying overnight and I'll have G.T. and partner look at the camera and try to figure it out.  Since it got fixed, or corrected itself once before, I'm sure we'll (do you notice the "we"?!) get it back in working order.

BTW, talked with SS last night - she has been under the weather so has not tried getting on the boards for a few days.  Hopefully when she does it will recognize her password and let her in.  Hurry back, SS, we all miss you and your newsy posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, what type of camera do you have?  Kar, sorry DH isn't feeling very well. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Good morning everyone.  tt, what type of camera do you have?  Kar, sorry DH isn't feeling very well. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

It's a GE A730.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, googled your camera.  If you are looking to delete some pictures from your camera, I found this.  Not sure if this is helpful or not.

The back of the A730 features a 2.5" color LCD screen with a column of buttons down the right side. At the top, right where your thumb rests, is the zoom (T & W) button.  Below the zoom is the face detection button, which can be turned on when using most of the shooting modes.  Underneath is the menu key, followed by a navigation pad with easy access to: exposure compensation, macro mode, self-timer, flash settings, and the function button.  In the bottom right hand corner is a trash button, which allows you to easily erase unwanted pictures (and preserve memory space) when the camera is in Play mode.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

thanks, amber, but I'm not trying to delete some pics from camera, I'm trying to just save the newest taken to the computer without resaving ALL the pics on my camera (which are already saved on computer).  I don't want to delete those on my camera, even tho already saved on computer, because I have some I like to keep to be able to show people.

ETA:  And I must say that the booklet that came with the camera is pretty down to earth, for even a novice like me.  Order of pictures saved just isn't one of the categories covered!

I don't want to take up the whole thread with my camera problems.  Just let it lie, I already deleted the backyard one I had wanted to to send, and Cheerio isn't in any new poses - the usual sleeping ones!  thank you all for trying to help.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'll look into seeing if I can get an answer for you.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts