November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: November 2011

I'm trying too : )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

AMber I love your new signature. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Winter, I thought it was funny : )  I posted tt's issue on Fixya and hoping to get a response from someone. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Glad to hear that SS is ok - despite being under the weather. Get well soon SS, we miss your posts here.
    Re your pictures, tt - to me it sounds like it is a computer problem, not a camera problem. I have never saved pix on my camera. Didn't know I could. My "instructor" just showed me to delete them from the camera. Better get another lesson, when he gets here for TG.
    The juncos are already back here now, have you seen them, tt? Does that mean we are going to have a long winter?
    Kar, sorry DH is not well. Did he stay at home today? If so, you will be busy - in a good way.
    Happy birthday to your son, Icer. And his GF too. How is the little mama feeling? Everything going well? I don't think anyone here is ahead of you in regard to TG. I believe, we are all just in the thought process.
    Hope all the commuters stay ahead of the rain and thunder expected later this afternoon. It is depressing enough to drive home in the dark now
    - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, this is the response I received.  It is probably not the way you are use to, but a temporary solution maybe?

6. It sounds like you're running the software that came with your camera that is doing this. You should be able to close that software program and open up "My Computer" and see your camera listed in the Drives section. It may say something like "Removable Disk". You just open that up and you'll probably see a folder like "DCIM". All of your photos will be in there. Simply "Drag'n'Drop" the ones you want to the location where you'd like to save them. Hope this helps. If not then please tell me which version of Windows you're running.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

He posted this also. Maybe something to consider for the future. 

Do yourself a favor and purchase a USB Memory card reader at Radio Shack or other electronic store for about $10. You simply put your card in there and it becomes another drive on your PC. Then you can drag and drop your photos in Windows Explorer. This will also save you from having to run your camera batteries every time you want to dump pictures to your PC. This is how I've always done it and I can do it all in less than a minute. I just keep the USB card reader right in my camera bag. You should also be able to see your camera in Windows Explorer, as well and do the same thing; I just like the card reader better.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies,

Thanks for asking about DH.  He's home and pretty miserable - in pain, not able to talk much (although, not a huge departure for him, lol), half asleep in the easy chair.  I just got back from taking Gracie for a walk.  It's so warm I went in short sleeves!  Of course, I get warm from walking, too.

Happy birthday to icer's son.  And, I don't take any insults hurled at my marriage or way of life seriously (although, I did feel the need to respond to defend my non-lazy DH).  The only time I've gotten angry here is when someone was using passive aggressive tactics as their only means of participating on the forums.  As far as calling my DH lazy goes, that's just so laughable, how can anyone actually take it seriously?

tt, I wish I could help with your camera issues.

One knows you're getting old when you sneeze and cause your back to spasm for 2 days.  Darn it, it's so embarrassing to answer, "How did you hurt your back?" with, "Um, er, I sneezed."  Another reminder of the big 4 - 0 approaching, lol.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I just got back from the garage.  Had to drive up over a curbing to park in one of my dentist's 5 parking spots he shares with 2 other businesses in downtown Salem Monday.  Yesterday had a jouncing noise so made arrangements to bring it in today.  usually there is someone there to give me a ride home.  Hung around today until they got it up on the lift and even went for a test drive - final diagnosis, perhaps the trunk wasn't latched completely tight! - How's that for embarrassment?   After slamming it down and test driving - neither mechanic nor I could hear the noise - and to top if off, he didn't want to take any money.  I bought them lunch.

As for the camera.  I do have a memory card in the camera, but the photo section on my computer is set up a little differently.  I'm not going to attempt to do anything else.  I still say it has to be something I dilly dallied with on the camera.  I'll print out MrFixit's answers and take with me to G.T.'s.  I am so afraid of mechanical buttons, etc.  You can all do without pics for a couple of weeks, right?  By then you'll be dying for some (haha) and I can dazzle you with a whole bunch!  you guys are the greatest tho, and I thank you for all your perusal.

Now on to other matters - sorry DH is having such a hard time with the gum surgery, Kargiver.  I had a friend who many years ago had some done and I know she was one sick puppy for a few days.  Your pie looked delicious, but maybe even that is too much for him today - maybe something with a straw.  

That was very sweet of you tt to buy the garage lunch.  I guess we will have to live without pictures for 2 weeks....  but looking forward to the dazzle!!  I had gum surgery years ago and it is not fun, but I was better after a few days, so hang in there Kar.  Getting ready for the rain, which should make my commute home fun...  what's for lunch tt?  I made american chop suey last night and brougth some in.

Oh, I love American chop suey.  Haven't made that in ages.  That was my mother's idea of spaghetti when I was a kid.  Was mine too.  Imagine my surprise the first time I ordered and had spaghetti and meat sauce in a restaurant!  Lunch for me today?  I don't have any idea yet.  Ate a couple of butterscotch candies while I was whiling the time (hour and a half) away waiting for my car's turn on the lift.  Now that you've put "spaghetti" in my mind, may just open up a can of spaghettios!  I do know it will be accompanied by another glass of the Crane's Lake!  I'm so embarrassed about that trunk.  Must be getting to be an old lady who's befuddled.  They are so good to me down that gas station, I'll drop off a batch of whoopie pies.

My mom made it too when I was a kid.  Way to stretch a pound of hamburg with 4 kids.  But it is delicious.  DD loves it too : )  Don't be embarrassed about the trunk and for the record you are the youngest lady on here IMO : )  Whoopie pies for them? They will be flagging you down to check out your car for free!  ummm... where is this garage?.......

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry your Dh isn't really well, maybe he'll be able to sleep.  Was he given pain medicine? 
    Amber, how funny I almost decided to ame American chop sury tongiht, but went with something else.
    tt, I guess we can live without pics for two weeks.  We will miss Cheerio and your tasty treats.

Oh, my - that's funny about your trunk.  At least it was just embarrassing and not a $$$ problem. :)  Nice of you to buy them lunch, tt.

DH is truly ill, still bleeding some (they said it's to be expected), and hasn't moved out of the chair except to use the restroom since he got home.  It takes a lot to get him down, too, he's not prone to exaggerate. :(  

Thanks for the encouragement, ambergirl.  I hope he recovers quickly like you did.  I'm at a loss as to why the doctor said he'd be able to go to work the next day.  HUH?!

I had leftover butternut/lobster stew with haddock (that I'd bought as something "soft" for DH) added for lunch.  Yummy!  He's not up to eating at all, and, in fact, asked for scrambled eggs that he could only eat 1/2 of.  Pie is out of the question so I'm eating it.  I'll make him another one when he feels better.

"Whoopie pies for them? They will be flagging you down to check out your car for free!  ummm... where is this garage?......."

Laughed out loud at that one, Amber!  Thanks for the chuckle.

Kargiver, what about a shake for DH with a straw?  Milk and whatever else you have in the way of a little taste and thickening?  Flavored yogurt or ice cream?  Maybe even a very overly loose pudding he could sip?  I'm one all for double checking with doctor's offices when recovery isn't what they had said it would be.  Was there an infection, is he on an antibiotic?  We all know those meds can sometimes do a job on our stomachs too.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Kar, what exactly did they do?  I had some gum surgery and was fine and went to work the next day.  A bit sore but OK.  I also had it done before xmas and ate fine after a day or two.  I do think I came down with a sinus infection after but that is a different story.

I remember doing yogurt and ice cream.  I also s*cked on popcicles. The cold felt good on my gums.  I took 3 days off of work but was def better by the 4th day.  Still sore for a week or so.  If he is still in a lot of pain tomorrow, I would check with the doctor like tt said.  Your lunch sounds amazing Kar, makes my american chop suey pale in comparisson.  Always happy to give you a chuckle tt : )

• You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

American Chopped Suey...Now that brings back memories for me....When I was younger ...my Mom (also stretching her dollar) made ACS a lot...My brother quickly discovered I hated the sound if it stirring...he also mastered duplicating this sound..so the evening went a little like this

Icer's brother smacking his lips and tongue slowly making the sound..and little Icerette runnig around covering her ears saying, "Nooooooo, not the Amerian Chopped Suey sound"

I bet you will never again hear that sound the same way...lol

That was so funny Icer!!!  I must say my mothers generation knew how to stretch a dollar yet come up with the most delicious recipes that still stand the test of time today.  Nothing fancy, just satisfying and delicous. I think they invented the "comfort food" saying : )

Loved your story about the chop suey, Icer.  My older sister couldn't stand anything with "lumps", hence I, even tho younger, teased her unmercifully with bowls of tapioca and exaggerated swallowing of the "eyes"!

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Loved your story about the chop suey, Icer.  My older sister couldn't stand anything with "lumps", hence I, even tho younger, teased her unmercifully with bowls of tapioca and exaggerated swallowing of the "eyes"!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]
    I can't remember how to cut and paste grrrrr

"the eyes" lol

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Your garage visit today, tt - was too funny. I am sure your mechanics had a good laugh after you left. So nice of you to buy them lunch. This is why going to and trusting the same mechanics all the time pays off.
    American Chop Suey? Sounds great to me, was just thinking of "what to make for dinner tonight". The same old headache. I have some ground beef in the freezer; wish I had taken it out this morning. Oh well, the stores have more.

Kar - if you check in. What was the title on the book you mentioned on the other thread. Something like menues for the intire year? I could use it, but couldn't find it on Amazon.

- Pingo

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Cut and paste, Icer?
    Highlight, right click, click on "copy". Go to where you want to paste, then right click and click on "paste". GL - Pingo

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: November 2011 : I can't remember how to cut and paste grrrrr "the eyes" lol
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

First: 12/15/2005
    Last: 11/10/2011
    Your garage visit today, tt - was too funny. I am sure your mechanics had a good laugh after you left. So nice of you to buy them lunch. This is why going to and trusting the same mechanics all the time pays off.
    American Chop Suey? Sounds great to me, was just thinking of "what to make for dinner tonight". The same old headache. I have some ground beef in the freezer; wish I had taken it out this morning. Oh well, the stores have more.

thanks

Ambergirl, chop suey take a backseat to no stew. :)

Pingo, the book (I didn't mention the title on purpose, you'll see why I just linked to it instead, lol) is 7-day Meal Planner for Dummies.  It says it gives a year's worth.

tt and others, thanks for the soft food suggestions.  He did manage to have his regular daily shake this morning for breakfast.  And, I bought yogurt, apple sauce, and ice cream.  However, his appetite just isn't there.  He doesn't even want the ice cream.  

allready, he had extensive gum grafting.

icer, to copy, highlight and Ctrl-C.  To paste, Ctrl-V.