November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: November 2011

If he is on antibiotics that might be the culprit Kar.  Poor thing...  I personally  highlight and right click to copy and paste.  I find it faster, but everyone has their own preference for shortcuts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

FYI Amber, looks as tho that particular parent thread is closing down, at least the suggestion has been made twice that it has gone as far as it should.  Like other "shows" we have talked about, it was like a train wreck that you couldn't turn away from.  I did read today's posts and ended copying and pasting what I had written here, citing RG's post before mine as the perfect example of what I was referring to.  Reading others' posts just before mine, the reaction was pretty much the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Finishing the last of the whoopie pies - serving pies and drink of your choice in 1/2 hour.  You all know the way - over the river and through the woods to grandma's house . . . . . .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I did see that tt.  I have been following the thread. I just didn't want to get involved in it. You are right, it was like watching a train wreck, just can't help yourself.  The passive aggresive nasty remarks from RG was too much for me but the then normal remarks following was scarier.  I was hoping Jen would just blow it up.  I hope it is dead now.  Dead and buried is where it belongs.  I have decided I am not going to be baited by people like that.  It gives them way too much control and power.  Ignore is my new mantra : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

whooosh...............................  hey boss, see ya tomorrow!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Girls!  Sorry DH is feeling lousy, Kar.  Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Been really busy at work lately, and I'm fighting a nasty cough/cold thingy with no meds.  Uck!  I'm about at my limit and am considering just going home and going to bed if I can just get caught up enough.

Sad news - we had to cancel the dog party.  DH has to work, and three of the dogs backed out.  Hopefully we'll reschedule, but I'm still bummed.  Jax, luckily doesn't know the difference.  I actually had him at the place for a play group last weekend - he had a ball! 

Cute story about your trunk, tt.  Nothing to be embarassed about.

Pingo, I will take a picture of Jax in his big brother shirt for you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do you feel well enough to join us for whoopie pies and ?  I also would love to see Jax in his big brother shirt.  Thought that was such a cute idea when you told us.  Everyone seems to either have or be getting over that cold/cough thing.  Mine lasted a month and I thought the loose cough would never go away.  No fun to have that on top of being pregnant - - you, I mean, not me LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He's on a number of drugs including, yes, ambergirl, antibiotics.  He's a mess.  Thanks, everyone.

How are you feeling, Nov?  Can't wait to see Jax in his "big brother" shirt.  Too bad about the party!

I was finding DH a movie on Netflix, and he fell fast asleep, snoring away.  Gracie is curled up in front of the (cold) wood stove, and it's pouring.  Such a depressing day here...

tt, give SS our best.  Hope she's feeling better soon.  I had problems logging in when I logged out last week, but suddenly it let me in for no reason.  I've never used anything with such buggy software than the BDC forums.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes November join us!  The American Journal of Medicine's new edition said Whoopie Pies is now the cure all for everything. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I actually like that scene at your house Kar.  But I like rainy days sometimes, gives you time to relax and reflect.  But I have been known to like strange things... : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Count me in on the whoopie pies and ?  No fun that your sick Novem, oh how I remember those days.  It's funny I suffer from migraines and take something strong to get rid of them.  Well I couldn't take them when I was pregnant.  I didn't get one migraine, I was soooo relieved.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't always mind it, either, but with DH feeling so awful it's not quite the same.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'll have mine with a nice hot cup of tea.  Come to think of it, perhaps I should have two.  Start teaching this baby to appreciate the finer things in life from the start!

I'm feeling good, but tired, Kar.  I'm in total denial, but fear I may had had my first wave of morning sickness this AM.  Luckliy I had crackers in the house, so I was eating them while walking puppy, drying my hair, etc, and was fine by the time I got to work.  We'll see if it was a fluke or if it repeats tomorrow. I'm scheduled for and ultrasound a week from Monday, so I'll get my first peek at the little bean, then I have my first appt two weeks after that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Start teaching this baby to appreciate the finer things in life from the start!"

That's right.  GGS came out saying, "Tell Nana I love her whoopie pies and half moons", according to GD!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, I have always believed migraines are tied in with hormone levels.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Didn't think of that Kar.  Yeah, no fun if someone is sick : (  Winter, hope you do come!  I never got morning sickness, but I had motion sickness in the worse way.  I use to have to get off the train every 2 stops.  Took me forever to get to work.  Crackers is good November. You may want to have gingerale on hand that you let go flat.  My mom use to give us that when we were sick and it always settled my stomach.  So funny how things are so different now.  Ultrasounds were only given if something was wrong as they didn't know if it would hurt the baby.  I had one at 7 months because of an issue and they knew what I was having, but I told them to not tell me. I wanted to be surprised. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, you just made me stop and think. I use to get migraines something awful when I was in my 30's.  I ended up finding out I was going through early menopause when I was 37.  They stopped in my 40's.  I hope that isn't too much information!  But that would make sense as I always wondered why they just stopped.  Not complaining mind you, they are horrible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Those little individual packet of oyster crackers (really saltines in a different shape) are great to carry in your pocketbook and keep in your desk drawer at work.  I'm not sure if it's Sunshine that makes them or Cape Cod.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, I hope your ms episode isn't a harbinger of things to come.  I bet you can't wait to see the little guy/gal and hear the heartbeat - so exciting!

tt, I agree - I used to get a migraine every first day of that time.  I had others at other times, too, but as often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE] "Start teaching this baby to appreciate the finer things in life from the start!" That's right.  GGS came out saying, "Tell Nana I love her whoopie pies and half moons", according to GD!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

I remember that post.  So sweet!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Supper tonight because I didn't thaw out anything:
    brown and serve sausage with baked beans and cole slaw.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, I think you replied to the wrong post, but that's ok. I knew what you were referring to - Pingo

[QUOTE]First: 12/15/2005 Last: 11/10/2011 05eb341280feff23fa72af15d49f2e1a Your garage visit today, tt - was too funny. I am sure your mechanics had a good laugh after you left. So nice of you to buy them lunch. This is why going to and trusting the same mechanics all the time pays off. American Chop Suey? Sounds great to me, was just thinking of "what to make for dinner tonight". The same old headache. I have some ground beef in the freezer; wish I had taken it out this morning. Oh well, the stores have more. thanks
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, I am hoping for you, it was due to the nasty cold you have to get through w/o meds.
    A friend of mine told me, when I was first pregnant, to have crackers  on my bed stand and to start munching on several of them before I got up - that would cut drastically down on the nausea. I don't know for sure if that worked or not, but I never suffered from morning sickness throughout  both my pregnancies. - Pingo

[QUOTE]I'll have mine with a nice hot cup of tea.  Come to think of it, perhaps I should have two.  Start teaching this baby to appreciate the finer things in life from the start! I'm feeling good, but tired, Kar.  I'm in total denial, but fear I may had had my first wave of morning sickness this AM.  Luckliy I had crackers in the house, so I was eating them while walking puppy, drying my hair, etc, and was fine by the time I got to work.  We'll see if it was a fluke or if it repeats tomorrow. I'm scheduled for and ultrasound a week from Monday, so I'll get my first peek at the little bean, then I have my first appt two weeks after that.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll add my 20 years of knowing pregnant friends - eating the crackers, like Pingo did, before they actually were hungry staved off the ms.  I had one friend that munched on a few crackers every hour to prevent it, and it worked.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

To all of you having to drive or otherwise navigate getting home tonight, be careful  - it is POURING out, at least here.