November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: November 2011

Oh boy, I stepped in it!!  LOL!!  I LOVE Yoda : )  but my boys have a thing for Cheerio, so I tend to talk about her more.  Tell Yoda, when he is a little older, he can meet the boys. If Cheerio can handle another admirer that is... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

From past experience, Cheerio does not seem to go for the younger guys.  She likes a little mystique and aloofness which the young ones have not mastered yet.  Sorry, Yoda, but I love ya.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]That's weird tt... I don't see Icer's poem
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Good morning, all, and happy FRIDAY!!

ambergirl, did you look in icer's thread she started for the poem?  It's not in this one.

It's sunny, but cold and raw.  The heat came on a few times last night keeping it from dipping below 63.  DH would let it dive to goodness knows how cold at night, but I have asthma so I cough if it gets colder than that.  I've actually got to get my butt in gear and take the wheel barrel to the wood pile.  I'm procrastinating since I sneezed and threw my back out Tuesday.

My patient is doing fairly well, but last night the vicodin started making him itch so that's out.  I called the doc to switch it out for percocet (for nighttime), but DH doesn't want it.  I hope he sleeps with just the motrin...doubtful, but he's his own man, what can I do.  He went to work against my protests, but I might have talked him into planning to come home around noon.  There's an honest work ethic and then there a completely insane drive to push yourself too far...guess which one DH has.

He was able to eat some pie and bottom crust.  I helped him out with the harder edge. ;)  I'll make another pie next week so he can enjoy it more.  I'm hoping he can have some of the butternut/lobster stew tonight for dinner.

How is SS feelings, tt?  Hope she can check in soon.  Is BDC aware she can't log in?

It is very exciting to have a pregnancy here!  Nov, I hope you'll share your u/s photos.

Icer, how is the pregnancy in your family going?  Uneventfully, I hope.

tt, any luck with the photos?  Missing Cheerio and sharing all your baked goodies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar, I did see the thread and commented.  I feel very strongly that all companies should be closed on this Holiday.  But alas, it is not to be.  I sympathise with your back too, as mine went out a couple of weeks ago.  Once I got my prescription Ibuprofen and Flexeril, it got much better.  Anything can set mine off too.  I once had it go out in the middle of the night while sleeping!  I have a hard time with pain killers too, they make me so sick.  Hopefully DH will listen to you and only work half a day.  I love having a pregnancy on her too, so exciting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, to drag himself to work, DH must be feeling better.  Hope he takes your advice and heads home half day.

No, the camera situation - is still a situation.  I'm afraid of tinkering with computer settings, that's why I feel it's most likely something I've "tinkered" with on the camera buttons themselves.  Just don't see anything to right it.  Had taken a pic one morning of the bright sun on the red maple tree at the back of the yard, and then on the right, my azalae shrub covered with buds.  Was going to title it Fall Back - Spring aSide.  Catchy, huh?  Well, you can all imagine it in your minds.

Kargiver, check out the new addition thread under Pets.  Cute photos.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I know exactly where the JOb Lot is, I used to work at that Star Market long ago.  I have DS today and he does not tolerate much shopping so my errands is cut down to the two stores I mentioned.  I'm just teasing you Amber.  As for Yoda, he thinks Cheerio is a much better mother role model for him and he's planning to get into trouble with Boo and Tigger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I knew you were teasing :)  I like to tease too and sometimes wonder if people get it.  Well, that would make sense.  Cheerio would so mother him and then we will ruin it all by introducing him to the boys... sigh...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How I wish my Charlie were still here.  He was such a mischief maker.  I still dream of taking him back some day - tho from what I hear his new owner even tho she has other cats, lets him sleep at the top of her pillow on her hair!  I couldn't top that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    You have been busy this morning on the Forums. Me - not so much.
    We are having a problem with our - only 2 years old - boiler. Runs for about 12 hours - then shut off. They think there is a tiny leak in one of the pipes. Just got another 1000 gallons of oil. At 3.48 gal - ouch! But at least we don't have to worry about the oil prices going up and down for the winter. This should carry us over until spring.
    My sentiment about Veteran's Day is like yours. Offices should be closed to honor our heroes. However, we brought it up at a staff meeting a long time ago, and it was decided, that as long as we do not have any veterans working for us, it would be ok to work and close the office the day after TG instead. The years, we did have veterans - we definitely honored them and kept it a holiday.
    I am off to work - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo that is a much better price of oil then we are paying. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

What a day this is turning out to be...This is Veteran's day...Thanksgiving around the corner...The kids both have Birthdays this week(Yes..stuff is moving along uneventfully for them as far as the prgnancy goes) aaaannnndddd

That boy came home yesterday...I never used his name but I have been mentioning how Honey has spent the last few Saturdays ect getting ready for his return...His name is Nick Malafronte..He has been on chanel 7 and Fox 25. Quite a family...I did the goodies for his graduation last July...This young man came right over to me to thank me for what I had created...Who would have known what was in store for him just one year later.

Anyway..I better get back to work...I'll be back...I am sure of it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My Bandit was like that tt.  She was a terror!  Everyone would see her and comment on how adorable she was (she was all black and tiny) but I would laugh and say, you don't know her....  I have so many funny stories about her.  I miss her still.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is what started happening years ago Pingo in offices I worked at.  People wanted the day after Thanskgiving off.  I use to say, why don't we give up Columbus Day instead?  I would think after 911, it would have changed, but not to be..  good for you closing if you have Veterans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Argh - so many problems posting today.

Anyway, I am working today as well (and covering for 3 other people)!  We only get 6 holidays off, can you believe it?  Luckily we get a lot of paid time off, however, it's usually so busy we can't even take it.  Oh well, I guess it's job security, which is a good thing to have these days!

Would like to try to get some pics of the dogs this weekend, however, they never stay still long enough for me to get a good shot.  I will try though.

Hope everyone has a great day!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Well, we get a "better" price, because we buy  large quantity. Still outrageous. - P

[QUOTE]Pingo that is a much better price of oil then we are paying. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hope we will have some Veterans soon again. We are looking to hire some good people, and when they come back home at the end of this year (according to Obama) - I am sure we will find some.
    I know, that people are unemployed right now, but we have interviewed and interviewed - and what is out there is not, what we want to hire. Or they will want to work "under the table" so they can still collect. It's depressing - Pingo

[QUOTE]That is what started happening years ago Pingo in offices I worked at.  People wanted the day after Thanskgiving off.  I use to say, why don't we give up Columbus Day instead?  I would think after 911, it would have changed, but not to be..  good for you closing if you have Veterans.
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, thanks for pointing out the pets thread - so cute, indeed!  I hope things stay positive up there with all the new people joining.

Princess, I hope you'll post action shots if that's all you can get.  I usually have to snap quite a few to get a good one of Gracie - she's always moving unless she's asleep, lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm heading to PetCo and grabbing lunch.  tt, enjoy Y&R.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Couldn't just stay in the house and glad I went out - not to route 1, but around back roads to a couple of stores and got a couple of Christmas presents, and many stuffers for stockings/baskets (which I don't have yet).  Back in to eat and catch the last of Y&R.  Now I've got to tackle the washes.  BTW, car was beautifully quiet!

Icer, how happy your community must be that that boy was able to come home, and you and your hubby for the part he played in making the house accessible to him.  Good Karma comes back around, "Grandma".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's spitting snow up here in the hills.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Back from Petco with a lighter wallet.  Seven pound bag of dry kitten food for $21.99 and 9 cans or kitten wet food for $7.  But it's worth it because he's eating and that means his healthy.  Snow that's just awful, I'm sorry.  I have my 3 load of laundry in today, almost done, but I'm stripping the beds, so I'll have more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Forgot to mention that I got a chicken parmesan sub for lunch, boy was it good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pets are so expensive - I had no idea before we got Gracie just how much it would cost just to feed her.  That's great Yoda is eating well - he looks fantastic.  I'm sure he'll get a great vet's report and you'll get a well deserved gold star for faciliting his progress.

I'm still in my PJs with my back really bothering me, but what can you do.  I HAVE to go to the wood pile before DH gets home (or he'll do it, and he shouldn't), and that could be any time, now...hopefully, for his sake.  He's overdoing it, I know.  I talked to the doc today, and they said he had a lot more grafting than most patients need and will be hurting a full week, the poor thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Well lucky for me the 7 pound bag of kibble will last Yoda about 5-6 weeks.  I'm sure Gracie would eat 7 pounds much faster.  Sorry your back is bothering you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Your lunch sounds better than my salad with sliced beets on top!  Did pick up a little pkg. of peanut caramel brittle and have devoured at least half of that since I got home!  Obviously not the kind that really sticks to your teeth.  Also dipped into the bag of bugles.  

Cheerio sleeps in the sun (no snow here, Kargiver) and I've GOT to go down cellar and start those washes.

How did you find the traffic, Winter?  As I said, I didn't go out onto Route 1, but the drivers in the parking lot were crazy.  Glad I had gotten in and out when I did.  Want to set up separate bags now for Christmas and see just what I have for each one so far.

Haven't seen my Pretty Baby for a few days.  Hope he is just off his route because of the time change.